Create Account

Head Office Summary
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 01:47 PM by Daco.)

02-23-2019, 01:36 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
02-23-2019, 01:21 PMDaco Wrote: I like the idea of paid but make it $6mil seems fair, and offer it as a weekly thing instead of just for finals. It's nice being a team in a pbp and some people may never experience that if they don't make a finals. If you make it paid the arguments against it are gone and it's just another version of entertaining paid media for people to enjoy. Pbps used to be the lifeblood of the site and are great ways for teams to get excited and bond, at least make one per playoff round so even if you get knocked in the first everyone gets to experience it. Whoever made it tpe based in the first place is what screwed it up, no one complained when it was paid. If you find it boring just don't fucking watch, right. If people find it exciting then they benefit. No cons, literally all pros

The things is.. we are probably recruiting the best play by play talent under the current incentives. With that we do get some pretty good games in the mix. If we lower it from tpe to money then we’re going to to get the ‘B’ talent for play by plays and that’s proven in the past to be unpalatable.

Why not survey the A talent on what money would make them consider it. Just throwing out suggestions seems like there may be a compromise. eliminating them is a hard no, and you have the side who has a fair point on tpe being sorta unfair, so I think there is a middle somewhere here. We all know 3 is way below reasonable considering how many dropped out at that amount.

And honestly I find the argument against tpe so entertaining considering the amount of tpe inflation already going on. Make it capped season tpe so people can choose between pts and a pbp. Problem solved like was that so hard.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

02-23-2019, 01:20 PMSlashACM Wrote:
02-23-2019, 01:18 PMSwegButthole Wrote: It's a lottery who gets to do them, so it isn't fair to have TPE as a reward.

life isnt fair

But this league should strive to be.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

02-23-2019, 02:04 PMSwegButthole Wrote:
02-23-2019, 01:20 PMSlashACM Wrote: life isnt fair

at the end of the championships tor sends out a poll and questionairre and those that wanted to do a PBP but didnt win the lottery earn 1 tpe for filling it out.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Hey real talk: is a "live stream" of the game, where it's just the text with some stuff highlighted displaying over time something you guys would be interested in? I have some ideas I wanna try out. Kinda like a box score thing you'd see on ESPN.com during a game

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

02-23-2019, 02:04 PMSwegButthole Wrote:
02-23-2019, 01:20 PMSlashACM Wrote: life isnt fair

Tell JY that with all of this Lotto Picks

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

02-23-2019, 02:12 PM.bojo Wrote: Hey real talk: is a "live stream" of the game, where it's just the text with some stuff highlighted displaying over time something you guys would be interested in? I have some ideas I wanna try out. Kinda like a box score thing you'd see on ESPN.com during a game
Bojo pls

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 03:41 PM by Daco.)

02-23-2019, 02:12 PM.bojo Wrote: Hey real talk: is a "live stream" of the game, where it's just the text with some stuff highlighted displaying over time something you guys would be interested in? I have some ideas I wanna try out. Kinda like a box score thing you'd see on ESPN.com during a game

Yes dude that's sick I mean it's not as exciting as a user pbp but if we automated a feed of the Sims pbp that would be great to have. I've thought of something like that before being cool but have no idea how to code like that

02-23-2019, 02:07 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
02-23-2019, 02:04 PMSwegButthole Wrote: But this league should strive to be.

at the end of the championships tor sends out a poll and questionairre and those that wanted to do a PBP but didnt win the lottery earn 1 tpe for filling it out.

still 7 TPE tho

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 07:11 PM by Daco.)

02-23-2019, 06:15 PMSwegButthole Wrote:
02-23-2019, 02:07 PMMike Izzy Wrote: at the end of the championships tor sends out a poll and questionairre and those that wanted to do a PBP but didnt win the lottery earn 1 tpe for filling it out.

still 7 TPE tho

I mean I had a proposal for a reasonable compromise imo. Make the tpe capped is it still an issue?

02-23-2019, 07:11 PMDaco Wrote:
02-23-2019, 06:15 PMSwegButthole Wrote: still 7 TPE tho

I mean I had a proposal for a reasonable compromise imo. Make the tpe capped is it still an issue?

That would be the best solution IMO

02-23-2019, 07:17 PMSwegButthole Wrote:
02-23-2019, 07:11 PMDaco Wrote: I mean I had a proposal for a reasonable compromise imo. Make the tpe capped is it still an issue?

That would be the best solution IMO

baseline of 5 tpe capped, 3 tpe bonus can be uncapped

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2019, 07:41 PM by Daco.)

02-23-2019, 07:31 PMJSS Wrote:
02-23-2019, 07:17 PMSwegButthole Wrote: That would be the best solution IMO

baseline of 5 tpe capped, 3 tpe bonus can be uncapped

Can we vote on this and make everyone happy ? Mr problem solver Daco

02-23-2019, 07:31 PMJSS Wrote: baseline of 5 tpe capped, 3 tpe bonus can be uncapped

This sounds like a great solution.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

02-23-2019, 07:47 PMSegi Wrote:
02-23-2019, 07:31 PMJSS Wrote: baseline of 5 tpe capped, 3 tpe bonus can be uncapped

This sounds like a great solution.

I agree great solution

I haven't really done many PbP's lately but when I last did, it felt like the incentives were a bit off. Like, you could do the most engaging TPE and well-written PBP ever but if you didn't include some silly gifs or pics, you would get docked points. On the other hand I quite regularly saw people phoning it in with really boring PBPs, but they met all the formal requirements and therefore got the max payout. Not sure if it still works that way, but that's what I remember from a few seasons back.

Ultimately, people have different styles and different preferences and I think PBPs are one area where this discrepancy can be particularly big. Some like the more "storytelling" style PBPs with long pre-written write-ups and relatively few posts per period, whereas others prefer the more action-style, color-commentary PBPs with many short posts and I think both approaches are valid. We should have a grading system that can account for these different styles, so probably a rather flexible one with not too many formal requirements, but a relatively strong "manual" grading component where the grader judges if the person doing the PBP has actually put in any effort or just copied stuff out of the boxscore. I'm fine with PBPs paying a lot as long as they are good, so I think our grading scale should reflect that. Make it possible to earn 6-8 TPE but don't make it guaranteed, so weaker PBPs only pay 3-5 TPE. Which is still a really good payout since its TPE that moster other people won't be able to get at all.