Create Account

Tommy Tuck Presser
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 12:50 PM by Muford.)

Tommy Tuck, coming off one of the best goaltender seasons in history, as well as winning three awards, then coming up close and losing in the Quarter Finals in the IIHF tournament to USA, approaches the stand with a Gatorade in hand, looks out to the crowd and is ready to take questions.

AMA

"How does it feel to be the most valuable player on statistically the best team in SHL history?"

Honestly, it is probably one of the best feelings I’ve had since entering this league. Aside from winning multiple goalie awards, for the committee to name me Most Valuable Player is truly outstanding. A lot of people deserved the nod, but I am gracious for the opportunity the league and Edmonton has given me, and they put me in such a position to win such a prestigious award.

"What's next for Tommy Tuck?"

That's a wonderful question. Honestly, just really taking it one season at a time. I want to compete and right now Edmonton is the place to do so. Besides Competing, I want to continue to win awards and set records. I believe that in due time, I should be one of the best, if not the best goalie to ever do so in Edmonton, and after that, I'm looking toward the Hall of Fame and coming for it. I know that's a long way down the line, but right now, that's what's planned for. Honestly, if we are doing just season to season goals, I want to keep winning awards and titles with this great group of people here.

"There was a lot of change in the off-season for the Blizzard, how do you think that's going to affect the team and your performance?"

Honestly, I think it will have a positive impact on the Blizzard. Maybe not right away, but in due time, everything will fix itself. Yes, we lost quite a few players to free agency and the expansion draft, but that's not that big of a deal. We have so many new players in the minors that can come up, and show that they want to stay and be loyal to this team. I have complete faith in the General Managers in Edmonton to do what is right and lead us back to the promised land. For my performance, I will continue to work hard and bust my ass, and I truthfully think I can be the top goalie again and again. So I hopefully don't see too much change from my perspective.

"Should we expect a challenge cup hangover from you and the boys? You have been drinking a lot of Gatorade recently."

You aren't wrong, it's always hard to come back from a Challenge Cup and go again. In any sport, it's really hard to win it time and time again. I think we might start the season maybe a bit sluggish, but in all honesty, I can see us contending for another one this year. Don't quote me on it, but I have faith in my boys.

"1. What did you do during the day you had the cup?"

I was out partying with the cup all damn night. I drank some tequila out of the top, and even made sweet sweet love to a woman with the cup in the bed. The cup has seen some things that I feel bad about it seeing, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do when you are a freaking Challenge Cup winner. I then rode with the cup to Tor Tuck's place so I can give him the cup after me, I just never told him what happened. He did complain about the smell of it though, so I assume he probably has some ideas...[

"2. Excited about training camp and pre-season?"

Of course! I love getting back on the ice with my friends and getting some work in. Even the young guys, helping them get accustomed to the big leagues, getting their shit ready. They have some big shoes to fill, and not a lot of time to do it. So, gotta bust their asses as well as us veterans to make sure everything is par for the course as the season goes.

"3. Who you think is the worst dancer in Edmonton?"

Easily, EASILY! It would be Teddy Cuddles. The dude thinks he can dance, but honestly, have you seen the moves? My Grandma has better moves then him. All love though, no disrespect to the guy, but my God, if he ever gets married, He better either take dancing lessons, or hell, break his leg so he doesn't HAVE to dance at the wedding. Its horrendous.

"4. If I told you that I have never tried any kind of Gatorade, what would you say?"

You sir, are a monster. Come to the Locker Room after this, and try some wonderful Gatorade. My favorite is the Green Apple flavor. Please, I implore you, you need to try this nectar, it's from the Gods.

"1. On a scale of 1- 10 how much do you miss me?"

Is that even a question? Honestly, the scale does not go high enough for how much I miss you. You helped me in this league in the beginning, and I will always be grateful for it. Sadly, the evil masterminds changed PGF to ugly Anchorage, so I just don't have the great memories of the LR anymore, but it's okay, even though you Benched me I still got a Four-Star cup with you. (Yes, I am still salty about that.)

"2. Mu, I'm super proud of what you have accomplished in the SHL, as I'm sure you are as well. What other milestones are you looking to accomplish?"

My next biggest milestone I want is all of the Edmonton Records, and Hall of Fame. I honestly haven't fully decided if this guy is going to be my only character in the SHL or not, but if he is, that is what I am going for. I want to be remembered, I want my name in the remembered and my number retired. I don't think that's to much to ask for, is it? I would love to also be added to the Ring of Honor in Edmonton.

"3. After losing key players, how do you think Edmonton will follow up their historic season? "

I honestly think that Edmonton will follow it up with another season of contention for the title. I know, we didn't really hit on Free Agents this season, but the core is still together and I whole-heartedly believe that the team is in the right place. We brought up some amazing rookies in @Mack, @Allen and @DannyMethane and I believe that we can go back to the playoffs again, and you already know anything can happen in the playoffs. I am proud of these guys and I love to fight with them every season, even though some of them abandoned friendship and left for other teams. I still have love for those boyos too.

"4. How do you personally think you will follow up after last season?"

I personally think that I can easily be in contention for the Goalie awards and even another MVP. I whole-heartedly believe that I can continue on this path of dominance I have created. I trust in my abilities, and I trust in my team to help me get to where I need to be. I have full faith in both of my General Managers to do what is best for me and for the team. I Trust in Edmonton.

"1. gondor calls for aide. will rohan answer?"

AND ROHAN WILL ANSWER. God, what a majestic scene. What a beautiful series. Lord of The Rings easily one of, if not my favorite movie series of all time.

"2. best scene from the LOTR series?"

Either the Lighting of the Beacons is beautiful, or the Speech outside of the Gates of Mordor, gives me shivers every time I watch it.

"3. If someone calls friendship and no one is around to hear it does he truly have any friends?"

This is a wonderful question. I think it was answered perfectly in Edmonton the other day. I will leave it at that, since I do not want to leak Locker Room stuff. But you know what I mean...

"4. What are your goals going in to next season?"

My goals are another MVP, all of the Goalie Awards, and another Challenge Cup. Anything shy of that, is not good enough and means I have to bust my ass more to get back to that promised land. That is what I truthfully want. To be the best, and I believe with my season last year and the previous year, I am cementing myself as one of the top goalies in the league right now.

"5. What are your career goals moving forward seeing how well you've performed the last 2 seasons?"

Hall of Fame. Edmonton Records. Edmonton Ring of Honor. Those are my career goals. As long as you'll have me (and as long as I fight regression.) We will see how it turns. But right now, that is where I stand with that. I hope that you can understand.

"Despite being amazing, your Norwegian replacement is already in place. What is facing your own mortality like?"

My dear friend, I do not face mortality. I am forever. I am the greatest Norwegian Goalie to live. I hope you understand you will be behind me for quite some time, until I am ready to hang up my pads. It's okay though, because I feel like you can learn a lot from being my back-up. In all seriousness though, It's crazy to look at. I can't believe that I'll be entering regression in a few seasons time. I can't believe that Norway already has a young guy in the wings to take over for me when I do retire. It's all surreal right now. I just take it one day at a time and hope I can continue to produce at a high level and continue to support my teammates when I don't.

"Been a long road so far, anything you would have done differently on the path taken?"

Honestly, I am pretty happy with the path I've taken. If I could change anything, it would probably be trying to earn more money for equipment, even though I am already at 1200 TPE. I would have a much higher TPE load right now, and probably be able to be even more ready to fight regression. It's all good though, because one day at a time, one penny at a time, you know what I mean?

"Who's the best Co-GM in the league?"

Uh, is that even a question? It's clearly @karlssens . Hands down end of discussion. That is a great CO who is always there motivating the troops and getting them ready for game time. He has some great speeches for in-between periods as well.

"Is Boromir a villain?"

How dare you call the great Saint Boromir a villain. The man was on a mission to save Gondor, which he failed at. He wanted the ring to protect his people and family. If anything, Frodo was the villain for not giving him the ring, as Boromir died to save the sneaky little hobbitses. Those fuckers let Boromir die, and didn't even try to save him, instead they ran like cowards.

"Why do you hate friendship?"

On the contrary, friendship is something I love. But I understand, coming from someone like you, that you would think that I hate it, since you are never around to receive such wonderful friendship from me.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

How does it feel to be the most valuable player on statistically the best team in SHL history?

What's next for Tommy Tuck?

There was a lot of change in the off-season for the Blizzard, how do you think that's going to affect the team and your performance?

Should we expect a challenge cup hangover from you and the boys? You have been drinking a lot of Gatorade recently.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

1. What did you do during the day you had the cup?

2. Excited about training camp and pre-season?

3. Who you think is the worst dancer in Edmonton?

4. If I told you that I have never tried any kind of Gatorade, what would you say?

1. On a scale of 1- 10 how much do you miss me?

2. Mu, I'm super proud of what you have accomplished in the SHL, as I'm sure you are as well. What other milestones are you looking to accomplish?

3. After losing key players, how do you think Edmonton will follow up their historic season?

4. How do you personally think you will follow up after last season?

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

1. gondor calls for aide. will rohan answer?

2. best scene from the LOTR series?

3. If someone calls friendship and no one is around to hear it does he truly have any friends?

4. What are your goals going in to next season?

5. What are your career goals moving forward seeing how well you've performed the last 2 seasons?

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Despite being amazing, your Norwegian replacement is already in place. What is facing your own mortality like?

Been a long road so far, anything you would have done differently on the path taken?

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Who's the best Co-GM in the league?

Is Boromir a villain?

Why do you hate friendship?

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

you gunna answer this anytime soon? gondor needs help!

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Answered to here.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]