Create Account

Texas S46 preseason interviews

Once again we find ourselves at the American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas. The Roster has changed some with expansion taking 2 beloved Renegades from them. The New Texas Renegade season about to begin, we made our rounds talking to the Management and players of the Texas Renegades. As the team prepares to embark on S46 journey to a championship we took in a few Training camp sessions as some sessions were media invite only this season. “ We are just trying to cut down distractions as we get ready for the season. We have a clear goal and we know we came close last season, we want to be better prepared this season.” Said Dankoa, Team GM.

After watching the speed at which they play, game speed will be interesting to watch. The Renegades are fast, really fast. Maybe it’s the confidence from last seasons success, but this team has a message  to deliver and look to deliver it with speed.

We got to meet rookie Vladislav Konstantin.The young rookie is known to be a pure scorer. His SMJHL success is known well as he looks to continue the trend in the SHL.

Reporter : “ What are you looking forward to this season?”
V.K “ Goals. I know I can score and I know I can produce. I’m looking forward to doing both. I want to help this team as best I can and I know I will. I have confidence in my ability.”

Reporter: “ That’s some serious confidence considering you’ve never played SHL hockey before, do you think you may be a little to Confident?”
V.K “ No. Like I said, I believe in myself and I know I can play at this level. I out grew the J and now I’m ready for this. I don’t mind you not thinking I can do it, I’ll just prove you wrong.”

Iam Essellemm had a breakout season last season. After a rough couple seasons he finally made his mark and has begun to show the league why Texas picked him 3rd overall in the S40 Entry draft.

Reporter:” Last season you were a revelation on this team, a true spark, you had a breakout season. What do you have in store this season?”
I.E” I really don’t know. Like I said in the S44 offseason, I’m saying what I’m going to do, I’m not promising anything. I’m just gonna come out and play. I’m gonna be the guy that comes to play every night. As far as point production, we’ll see what happens.”

Reporter:” You were paired up with Louie Garrett last season and formed an amazing duo. Are you planning to be paired up again?”
I.E” That’s up to management. We have practiced on the same line a bit but we’ve been paired with everyone in training camp. Trying to find Chemistry I think. Overall I would love to play one a line with Louie. Time will tell.”

Walter Hobbs also had a career season last season. He now sits at 99 wins. We know he’s hunting Jordin FourFour 226 career wins in Texas. Hobbs Career record is now 99-68-12.

Reporter:” 99 career wins, could have been 100 if you played the last game of the season. Any regrets?”
W.H” Nope. Management and I spoke about it before the last game and they felt another day of rest would help in the playoffs. Going to game 7 in the semi finals, hard to say they were wrong. Would it have been nice to have won 100? Yes, but I can do that this season and hopefully it happens in my first start to get it over and done with. “

Reporter:” Game 7 loss in the semi-finals against eventual champions, Edmonton. Looking back, how will that impact this coming future?”
W.H” I don’t really know what it’ll impact. We played hard and we lost in overtime. It’s among the worst ways to lose, knowing that any shot the other way could send you to the finals.  We played them hard and tight the whole way. We showed everyone we were a team to be feared and when two giants meet, someone has to go on. It just wasn’t us. Hopefully this season will be different and we can make our way to hoisting the cup ourselves”

Reporter:” Tommy Tuck, Do you think your better than him?”
W.H” what the heck kind of a question is that? Ya the guy had an absolutely amazing season. Do I think I’m better? I’ll say yes but only because I believe in my abilities. Tuck had an absolutely amazing season. He won 3 awards. Don’t try and take that from him. It’s my job to do that this season if I can.”

With that we went on to GM Dankoa. Last season was an absolute revelation. The team came together to be the second best in the league behind the eventual champs.

Reporter:" Last season was somewhat of a coming together for this team. Any thoughts on S46?"

Dankoa" yeah, We'll be up there again. We don't feel like we lost a ton in the expansion draft and we still have our top players who are in or entering their prime so we feel like we still have a ton of upside."

Reporter:" So Championship?"

Dankoa" If your not aiming for a championship, your not in the right business, unless your rebuilding."

Reporter:" You still have an almost elite top 4 D core, How does that feel, to not have to worry about the top 4?"

Dankoa" we pride ourselves on our D core. But that should not take away from our offence. We feel like we can be lethal and we hope to show that this season."

Texas pre season begins with a home and away with San Francisco before they meet new Orleans for the first time. The Regular season begins Monday!!

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Renegades

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Can't wait to score my first goal against you brother!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Gonna be an awesome season!!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

@Mack i'm gonna make sure that doesn't happen brother Smile

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

*you're

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]