Create Account

S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 09:19 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: KnzNyIh.png]

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

SHL! True Hollywood Story will return this season with a fresh approach that dives deep into the most compelling personalities and stories that have ever shaped this website!  These episodes will cover a whole host of topics including interesting careers, league scandals, notorious members, and "Where are they now?" pieces which examine the lifespan of present and former league members.

Task:  Whether its the story of the player.. the member behind it.. or both intertwined.. the journey through the SHL can be an interesting path!  In 150 words or more, let us know what player/members story you would like to see made and why! Give the audience a taste of what that story would look like through your eyes.

Newer members who may not have the history to write about past players and events, in 150 words or more write about some team mates or new players around the league who have had an interesting start to there career.. or write about some users on the site who's SHL journey seems interesting to you.

Design: Create a SHL! True Hollywood preview poster of a show that is coming up this season. Poster should include the shows logo, the player/member's name and render as well as 3 bullet points which highlight what that players SHL's True Hollywood Story will be about.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sundayy, March 3 at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

NSFL PT

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

Willy Mack  Blizzard
- After helping lead the  Militia in scoring in S45 and onto the second round of the playoffs. He now finds himself up in the SHL playing for the  Blizzard I am quite intrigued to see how he begins his SHL career and if he can replicate his SMJHL success now that he's playing with the big boys up in Edmonton. Willy will surely be missed in Montreal but bigger and better things will come for him now that he is in the main show with all the cameras and flashlights shining on him. It is going to be worth monitoring his performance and developing in his first year up in the big leagues.

Kristoffer Svensson  Militia
- A fellow teammate of mine in the  Militia He recently took the job of becoming an updater and i am excited to see how he performs as an updater and with the extra income of this job he will continue to develop as a prominent player in his hockey career. With Willy Mack no longer playing for us in Montreal Kristoffer and i will have to step up our game and produce more than our rookie season. This upcoming season for us in the SMJHL will be interesting to watch with our top point producer no longer playing in our lineup. I know Kristoffer and i are welcoming the added pressure of having to perform more and we will rise to the occasion and get Montreal back into the playoffs.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 09:34 PM by Daco.)

166 words

So when I was thinking about league history I thought maybe let's write league history about Jaymac and the dominant Edmonton team. Karpo and Jaymac combined for 3 cups in 5 seasons and literally everyone thought they were rigging, so this was write the entertaining time period in the league. We thought that damn his player isn't that good why is he scoring so much and damn it went on like bam this is a good player and so when I look at the definition of a good historic team my mind jumps to what would Jay McDonald do? What would KT Karpotsov do? And then sometimes when I envision this 60 minutes rtoe write-up of team I think that yes this team on Edmonton had do much potential and why did they not act on that potential. This team could have gone ape crazy on potential and it seems that we did not ever reach that level so I am very hopeful of this team

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 09:58 PM by spooked.)

The story of Eero Niemi, who spent a grueling 4 seasons as a member of the Anchorage Armada through thick and thin. From his start in the outskirts of Oulu, Finland, to the core of Helsinki, and then all the way to the reaches of Alaska, Eero has been through many trials and is finally stepping into his career as a Chief. The story of acclimatizing to North American hockey, culture, and weather, all from his roots and now how he will have to do it all again in Minnesota, where he has never been before and will have to become a man and take care of himself. Self-bio film meant to explore the unique lifestyle of european exports, and how players develop in Finland... something which is not often explored to a good enough level to this day! Drama, Montages, Highlight, Goals, Fights, Parties! Eero has lived it all and it's time to show the world Chiefs

160 words
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2019, 02:52 AM by O4L.)

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Gorlab The Wise? It's not a story HO would tell you.

Back in S27, Steven Jalopski was one of the top players in the SHL, unfortunately his creator Gorlab was perma-banned as a member from the SHL, after which Jalopski was forcefully retired from the SHL against his will despite Gorlab never posting in the retirement section and Jalopski still being one of the best players in the entire league and a core piece of the Dragons roster. This left Dragons fans uncertain that they would ever see their hero win a cup. In his fourteenth and final season in the SHL, Steven Jalopski won his very first Challenge Cup with the Calgary Dragons and captained Canada to IIHF gold. Jalopski finished his career with 1 IIHF bronze, 2 IIHF silvers and 4 IIHF golds and going down as one of the best IIHF captains of all-time. Canada would go on an 11 year gold medal drought after Jalopski retired which was known as the "Jalopski Curse".

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

NSFL PT
Username ADwyer87

Ron Mexico. The man, the myth, the legend. Created by user biggied007 he was a Season 1 Center that finished his career retired with 472 TPE. The 6'3 195 pound Canadian won the first ever Challenge Cup in S1 with the Winnipeg Jets! Not much is known about this player now that so much time has past. Most of it is just stories past down and who knows what is the truth at this point. Most people believe his father was a Canadian hockey player who bailed on his mom before he was born. His mother being an illegal immigrant didn't have any legal papers and just went by the name Salma Mexico. When Ron was born Mrs. Mexico was given permanent resident status. She named him Ron after the biggest celebrity on Canadian television (Ron McLean) hoping he would fit in to the local culture. Our SHL historians have tracked down new pictures and interviews never seen before.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

My first pick is@ToeDragon84 Jason Visser deserves A SHL True Hollywood story.

A center from Gilbert, Arizona, Jason Visser had to overcome everything to become the Winnipeg superstar that he is today. Some of the many things Jason had to overcome many things, including a life in a state that doesn't naturally ever have ice, A lack of family support, and even a broken bone during his senior year in high school before the SHL draft. Jason Visser overcame all of these things , and this is why he is my pick.

My second pick is GG himself, Gary Grease. @FlappyGiraffe was born in Flin Flon, MB, CAN. Before the age of 5, GG had a full beard and no teeth. These facts still remain true today. Standing at a massive 7 feet, 7 inches tall, Greasy man himself had to overcome the pressures of playing basket ball to become part of the top pairing D line for the Winnipeg Jets. Due to an injury in his left wrist, GG is unable to shoot the puck with any real 'zest' but makes up for that with a passing game that is on point. GG also had a possible career ending beard injury the season before the epic Cup Run, but luckily a hair trandplant from teammate Troy McClure III saved GGs beard and season.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 10:56 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Id personally like to see the Kyle Wahlgren story! to me he marks one of the most interesting careers ive seen in my time here. Wahlgren was a sought out goalie in the famous S31 draft.. taken 3rd over all by the Portland Admirals Wahlgren and his ferocious TPE rate led the S25 expansion team to league relevance as he produced a 48-36 record in his 1st 3 seasons including a trip to the finals in 35 where Portland fell 1 game short of a challenge cup championship! Walhgren was on fire receiving individual hardware and great notoriety as the league's top netminder at the time. His star status also had him rise through the organization as he took on a player/GM role. 

Wahlgrens competitiveness got the best of him in S36 when he reallocated budget money from already set player contracts to add free agents. An infraction which rocked the SHL!  the scandal was so big that it consumed the S36 season while Portland was made an example with the loss of 3 1st round draft picks as well as the firing of Kyle as the GM and a year-long suspension for Wahlgren on the ice.  Portland never recovered from that incident (eventually being bought out by SFP) and it looked clear that Wahlgrens career had ended in dismay.

A season had passed and the league moved on from that scandal.... and quietly lurking on the free agent list was someone named Olli O'Koivu... the new legally changed name of former Kyle Wahlgren who had apologized for his actions, did his time and now hoping to latch on with any team that would take a chance on him. Most teams passed..... except for Minnesota who took him on as a backup for their hall of fame netminder Robert Andersson.  O'Koivu latched on with the chiefs playing just 6 games in S37.  but in the off-season of 37 Andersson retired.. suddenly moving O'Koivu back into the spotlight!  almost 3 years removed from starting Oli came in and dazzled the SHL going 28-10 in S38, 26-14 in S39, 20-14 in S40 and 24-15 in s41! ... O'Koivu led the Chiefs to back to back challenge Cup finals including a championship ring in S39! O'Koivu on his own terms retired in S40.

The story of Kyle Wahlgren is a true SHL hollywood story..... it had promise, triumph, scandal, hardship, resurrection and a rebirth of promise.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

An unlikely group of captains bond in one of the Raiders' worst ever season. Watch as the trio bond as they try to cope with loss after loss in the biggest brom-com (bromantic-comedy) of the year. I give you: Captains at First Sight!

[Image: auUOOPX.jpg]

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

With a new batch if SHL recruits, there will be even more fascinating personalities to cover in SHL True Hollywood Story. Fresh from multiple stinks in an Orange County Drunk tank is the newly drafted Mike Hunt. Hunt was drafted to the New Orleans Spectres during the last draft, a move that concerns the local authorities. Multiple officers lamented the new expansion team's choice as they prepare a permanent spot for Hunt.

One officer was quoted as shouting "THOSE CRAZY FUCKERS DRAFTED WHO. HAVEN'T THEY HEARD ABOUT HIS LAST SEASON ANTICS."

Mike made it his mission last season to be arrested in every opposing city they played a game. Rumor has it, he is seeking to do the same once he is called up to the big leagues.
Teammates have cited Hunt as never showing up to a practice sober, as well as cracking open a cold one on the bench. With his arrival in a party city like New Orleans, one can only wonder what crazy turns his career will have.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

I would like to see the story of my main man Teddy Cuddles (@"cpetrella") told on either the big screen or on TV.

Teddy Cuddles was an unheralded prospect. He wasn’t drafted in the S35 SMJHL Draft, as he didn’t declare for it. When he declared for the league, he signed for the St. Louis Scarecrows, who welcomed him with open arms. He especially bonded with fellow future S36 draftees Joseph Lombardi, Tigole Bitties, and Roman Augustus. He started off with Lombardi on the fourth line, and even though he scored 3 points in 28 games, he kept at it. Calgary chose him 26th in the S36 SHL Draft, but was traded to Edmonton as the key chip in the Mike Izzy trade, so he considers himself a lifetime Blizzard player. Cuddles scored 30 points the next year, and in his last season in the SMJHL, Cuddles blossomed into a star. He scored 40 points and delivered a massive 120 hits. Edmonton saw this as enough progress, and called him up to the SHL, where he began a very solid career, including a S44 season where he scored 53 points. Teddy went from a literal nobody to one of the most recognizable players of his class, which is pretty remarkable.
212 words

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PBE PT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]