Create Account

S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2019, 01:26 AM by StadiumGambler.)

If we're being perfectly honest, the next subject of True Hollywood Story should belong to one group of players and one group only: The Halifax Raiders of S45.

Not even the 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers can compare to the utter trainwreck that is the Raiders locker room antics. You got Matt Kholin disappearing Russian prostitutes. You got Jimmy "The Greek" Slothface helping to hide the bodies. You've got Perry Morgan getting into stickfight duels in practise to defend his honor like an old-timey Brit. You've got Troy Reynolds........ good grief thats a million words alone. But lets just talk about the stuff he did at the SHL Draftee Showcase, where he agitated Kit Smeb like his surname was Avery, nearly hospitalized Nikolai Evans with a slapshot, got defended for his actions by implied xenophobe Dan Curry, and then capped off his tournament by beating up a bookie, walking out on a bar tab, and stealing 3 bottles of Grey Goose from the hotel bar before flying home. Theres a parallel universe where the SHL is real and Steve Dangles is apoplectic with rage over the fact the Toronto North Stars burned a draft pick on this ongoing legal trainwreck. I mean yes, its implied everything that I just described is fake news, and invented by Halifax Gazette journalists who want to point the finger for team failures in an exciting, paper-selling direction. But since when has an inconvenient little thing like truth ever stopped Hollywood before?

Overall I think the Raiders story is a surefire candidate for high Metacritic ratings and several Emmys (or whatever they call the glorified participation trophies these days). I love these beautiful sons of guns and look forward to reading and seeing many more tales of their exploits.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Tonight on SHL True Hollywood Story ... Riko Returns!

With long-time SHL personality Riko Muerto being hired by the San Francisco Pride to be their coach, tonight we delve into the history of this colorful character! From his inauspicious beginnings as Mr. Irrelevant in the S14 SMJHL Draft, we follow his journey from Junior unknown to SHL All-Star and 3-time Cup Champion. From player to manager, we examine the failures and successes in Kelowna and Manhattan. After being mercilessly fired by the Rage ownership for failing to make the playoffs 3 straight seasons, we thought that was the end for Mr. Muerto, but he's not dead yet and looks to help elevate the Pride into the upper echelons of the SHL!

(Rotten Tomatoes Rating 28%) Stfu

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

[Image: YnUMqVp.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Dick Clapper Knights Wolfpack
Dick Clapper was signed as an undrafted rookie by the Kelowna Knights and he immediately made a good impression in the SMJHL. In S45 he has played 50 games and scored a total of 30 points, which is amazingly well for a rookie, let alone an undrafted one. Even though the Knights playoffs were a huge disappointment, Dick Clapper had a good off-season being drafted by the New England Wolfpack at 37th overall. We will have one more season together in Kelowna, but I’m pretty sure that Dick Clapper will be called up to the big boys next season. I can’t wait to see how his career unfolds.

Gordie Boomhover Scarecrows Wolfpack
In New England he will have some fierce competition from Gordie Boomhover. Gorde was drafted 87th overall by the St. Louis Scarecrows during the S45 entry draft. Same goes for Gordie as goes for Dick, he made his mark in his rookie season. Gordie scored 25 points in his first season and picked up another 11 points in the playoffs and ultimately winning the cup! He has had a tremendous start as a first generation player. That resulted in a 12th overall pick by the New England Wolfpack in the S46 SHL entry draft. Because Gordie and I have the same roots (Dutch) we’ve been closely following each others careers and we have regular contact. I wish him a very nice future in New England, but this season the cup will be hoisted by the Kelowna Knights.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I feel like the only real story capable of being made into a Hollywood movie is that of the one and only LUNGA GUMBA! From his roots in the land of gumba, to his days on Colorado, to his days on Detroit, to his days as a member of TBB. Absolute Legend, and he deserves to be recognized as such. Some people might not understand him, or appreciate the genius that he brings, but he has one of the most interesting stories of all. There's not often that we find someone who is a penguin and afraid of sharks. The fact that he's able to play hockey, somewhat effectively, boss still typing with his fins (wings? Wtf does he even have?) While bringing a political level of division between members of the site, there is no one better in the league than @Pingy Pingu! Stay tuned for the story of Lunga Gumba!

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

While he is just a few seasons out of the league now and a recent inductee into the SHL Hall of Fame, joined by fellow first ballot inductees Bubba Nuck and Theo Kane in the Season 45 Hall of Fame Class, the story of Lord Pretty Flacko's post-SHL life would be an intriguing one. A player many believed would have continued his career to play longer, he was a man of much contradiction. Accused of lacking loyalty early in his career, he went on to play with the Minnesota Chiefs for nearly his entire SHL career. Accused of being a selfish player only seeking goals, he not only led the league in assists one season but he adapted his game late in his career to focus on playmaking to best contribute. Now after his SHL career? He has run away from the game of hockey completely and has started his own record label. He has reportedly signed the legendary @SparkyOG to a 360 deal, ensuring that the success of Sparks Lightning continues to enrich him and once again finding a way into controversy.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

For me being a new player and not knowing anything about League history I will go with my teammate Monkey D. Luffy. He started off going in the third round of the S45 SMJHL Entry Draft being passed up multiple times by quite a few teams and was teams 2/3rd center from the start of the new season. By the end of the season he was a part of Team Canada at the WJC and had a terrible round robin but turned it around in the medal rounds helping his team grab silver. Then right after the SHL entry draft hit Luffy was already arguably the best player on Lethbridge , literally in one season, and ended up going 4th overall in the SHL entry draft and probably easily should have gone 1st as he is the top tpe getter of the class with over 400 already. Hard work, determination, Luffy has been proving people wrong left and right and increases his worth 10 fold each season.

Another player that I got to know and I think a good story could be written about is Casimir Stevens. Literally a player that went 34th in the S45 SMJHL entry draft who became one of the top 2 goalies in the draft class, and somehow fell in the S46 SHL entry draft to 45th with other goalies being taken ahead of him.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I’m eager to see the SHL put the money into the creation of the official story about Jack Crasher. For those that don’t know, Jack Crasher was a high end defenseman at the time who entered the SHL Free Agency period as an unrestricted free agent. Crasher courted every single SHL General Managers, leading them to believe that he wants to move forward with each team. He went so far as to actually negotiate and come to tentative terms on a contract with many of the teams he was interacting with. This tomfoolery actually even sparked the creation of a new rule, the Jack Crasher rule. It was an amazing, hilarious and yet incredibly frustrating time for the league at the same time. This type of screwing around resulted in a ban for Mr. Jack Crasher.
I would love to learn more information from behind the scenes at that time.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

John McBride, SHL legend, Winnipeg Jets legend, and arguably the best goaltender in it's history. What drove him to become the name on the best goaltender trophy?

The legend of John McBride is rife with historical events. He carried himself with utmost class and respect and dominated on the ice. The legacy behind John intensified in the Season 7 SHL playoffs. In the Western Conference Finals and Challenge Cup Finals, the Jets dismantled the Dragons and Steelhawks in two straight sweeps to win the Challenge Cup. The most impressive part wasn't even the 8 straight wins, it was the fact that John McBride only let in 9 goals in 8 games! That run was arguably the greatest playoff performance in SHL History. Nowadays McBride is retired, but still in the game. He has taken on a protege by the name of Artem Zhumbayev, who is currently one of the top goalies in the league.

Watch the John McBride story and follow his rise to fame and his work on creating current SHL stars.

(173 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Boy, let me tell you about a young man named Peter Larson. He appeared out of no where for his rookie start in the SMJHL last season and made quite a name for himself from performance alone. Playing for the Anchorage Armada, Larson had the highest save percentage overall (89.8%), and 3 shutouts. Larson was then chosen to represent Team World in the S45 WJC. Throughout the tournament, Larson was faced against a barrage of shots each game, and throughout the round robin series, had the most shots against overall and was also rank #3 overall for save percentage. In the gold medal game against Team Canada, Larson faced 33 shots (vs. the opposing goalie's 16 shots), and managed to make some clutch saves to keep Team World in the game. In the end, Team World won the game, and they couldn't have done it without Peter Larson.

Larson is off to a great start in his goaltending career, and I'm sure he'll continuously display a show of talent in the future.

Brock Emmerton | LW - Two-Way Forward | Update Page Here
[Image: jguRfEa.jpg]
                                                            Armada  ARMADA  Armada

[Image: G8BT5cs.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

I am definately going to follow the SHL journey of the following players:

Barry Batsbak -  Knights / Dragons
Barry is one of the few non-teammate players that i am talking with on a regular basis. He is currently playing for the Kelowna Knights were he is facing some tough competition at his position (center). He was just recently drafted by the Calgary Dragons and since their roster doesn't have a natural center i am curious to see how long it takes before Barry becomes a first line center. He could turn into a franchise player.

T.T. Wawazat -  Scarecrows / Platoon 
"Tiger" Wawazat already producing a story. He won a four star cup as an undrafted player, was drafted by Edmonton Blizzard despite wanting to be selected last. Couldn't agree a contract with them and was traded to the West Kendall Platoon just shortly afterwards. TT is a quite a character, something cineast love.

Michael Fox -  Scarecrows /  Specters 
Michael, drafted by the expansion team, the New Orleans Specters, is one of my linemates at St.Louis. He is taking the league by storm by being named captain of the Scarecrows in just his second season. He is also leading the USA WJC-team. I am curious to see if he can keep up with this pace.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

James Dekens has had quite the stories leading up to this year. Dekens was apart of a Kelowna Knights team that took the Four Star Cup home 3 years in a row. Though not playing an integral part in the cup win until the 3rd, Dekens contributed defensively very well. Dekens wasn't always the loudest guy in the locker room but he knew where he lay and he knew his role to the organization. The reason I went with my own player is because it has been nothing but glory for Dekens for his first 5 seasons. Dekens has never really had to face adversity and it is now beginning. How will he keep his head in the game now that his stats and silverware are falling by the wayside. With 3 Four Stars in the SMJHL, followed by a Jesster Award for rookie of the year, Dekens didn't have the breakout season he was looking for in S45. He wanted to be in the running for the Richan, ultimately failing to do so. With S46 preseason well underway, Dekens continues to underperform with a measly 4.85% shooting percentage. Hollywood eats this type of story up. How does a guy with only ups, react to the downs clearly on their way. Only time will tell, but history will be written.

223 Words

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

Being drafted to the Syndicate this off season has been the first step towards completing a lifelong dream of the newest Chicago net minder, but this story begins well before the name Billy Sorokin was ever called in the S46 SHL entry draft. The man with a mysterious past has only let us know that he does in fact, hail from Russia - but he is now willing to give us the inside story on his first season in the SMJHL. "I have great fun first year in league," he says, "although start was not many fun." Sorokin is referencing his early struggles, when his save percentage hovered in the .700's and he was starting to look like the lesser of the Crows pair of rookie goalies. "I had great goalie to learn from," talking about former Crows goalie Aleister Cain, who his now expected to start for the opposing expansion franchise. "I put my head down, work hard, and now coach tells me I start for Crows." Sorokin has certainly earned the starting nod, leading the league in preseason save percentage with an impressive .908. This will certainly be an exciting year for the Russian, but with just taking over the reins in St. Louis and an expansion team to help build from the ground up, it seems likely that this will not be the last we see of Sorokin.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

NSFL PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]