Create Account

HERE COMES THE BOOM!
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 09:15 AM by leafssteen.)

Jay Boom’Boom is a not a fun guy to play against. Standing at an incredible 6 foot 11 and weighing in at 300 pounds, you do not want to get on his bad side. This is his first year in the league & he is already making a statement of how tough he really is! In the pre-season he dropped the gloves 4 times and threw an outstanding 94 hits! On the flip side, he leads the league in penalty minutes with a whopping 104 PIM, meaning he spent most of the pre-season in the box. Yesterday we caught up with Jay Boom’Boom following the pre-season match up and here's what he had to say.

“My goal when entering the league was to make sure everyone knew who I was and how tough I really am. I am confident the players received the pre-season memo! Our squad (the lions) didn’t have the best pre-season, however we worked on somethings and are confident we will be better in the regular season. During the season I will strive to help my team physically, defensively & I would love to start helping offensively on occasion. I have always been known as a tough guy but I want to be known as a tough guy who can also help offensively! I look forward to my first season with the Lions & helping them push deep into the playoffs this year.”

Last season the Lethbridge Lions finished last in the league with a terrible 33 points. The lions had very little offensive talent & were pretty weak on the back end too. The Lethbridge goalies got lit up due to poor defense & frequent turnovers. Could the 6th round steal of the S46 SMJHL draft, Jay Boom’Boom be exactly what the lions needed to become a stronger defensive team? Find out today when the 46th SMJHL season gets underway!

HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!