Create Account

SHL Banking Application

Ok I'm kinda just kicking tires here but have we ever considered creating a banking application for the league? Wouldn't have to be anything over the top, each member would have their own account which would be stored in either team/undrafted/free agent/inactive, etc and users/graders/GMs/etc would be able to access accounts directly to make deposits/withdrawls and add a reason for it. Each account would have an option to display recent transactions so that they are easy to moderate and nobody can add funds they didn't earn. Accounts can be password protected with user set passwords for their accounts and also universal passwords for graders etc to access accounts to prevent people from messing with other user's accounts. I feel like this sort of set up could simplify the banking process and also make it easier to keep track of accounts of inactive members for example.

Obviously this wouldn't be a one person job but I'd be interested in starting it up/helping out with it once my semester ends in May if this is something people think would be a good idea.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Yeah this was something that was talked about, Teddy, Bojo, and I started looking into it. As we talked about it the list of things that it needed to include just got longer and longer.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Ah yea, that makes sense, more and more little nuances to worry about the further you look into it.

Was kinda just curious if it was something that's been proposed/discussed already.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Seems like it could be done, but moving things around when people change teams and shit could be a pain. I'm sure there would be other problems too, but I hate JSON so don't ask me...

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

That would be a cool tech solution but I'm smelling what Nobody is stepping in. We'd still need a head, a DBA (maybe the same person), a "customer service" rep, someone(s) to either validate or input all deposits...I don't think a web app solution would reduce the number of users required to operate the bank dramatically, and it would come with more technically demanding skills to operate and sustain.

Like Nobody indicated, it's something we'd love to have but wasn't feasible the last time it was attempted. It would be fantastic if it did end up being possible to add to the site, it would make things run more smoothly and efficiently.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia