Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player

Hands: Mason Hudson  Militia 
The ultimate hockey player would have the hands of Montreal's winger Mason Hudson. Hudson has the highest Puck Handling rating in the juniors, being the only player to hit the 80 mark. This ability to control the puck and maintain possession gives him plenty of opportunity to dish passes or take shots. This ability has Hudson sitting with eight goals and five assists through thirteen games. 

Shot: Mason Hudson  Militia 
The ultimate hockey player would also have Mason Hudson's ability to shoot the puck. As mentioned above, Montreal's Hudson has tallied eight goals so far this season. These eight goals have him tied for first place in league goal scoring. Hudson scored these goals in a total of 32 shots, giving him a shooting percentage of 25%. Those in the league who have higher shot percentages have taken fewer shots and see fewer minutes, therefore producing fewer goals than Hudson. Hudson's teammate Andreas Kvalheim has also scored eight goals in 32 shots this season, but I decided to give the edge to Hudson because he has tallied a penalty shot goal this season.

Grit: Andrej Doskocil  raiders 
The ultimate hockey player would have the grit of Halifax's Andrej Doskocil. With nineteen shot blocks and thirty-four hits on the season so far, Doskocil is the only player in the league ranked in the top 5 of both of those categories. 

Endurance: Cassius Darrow  Raptors 
The ultimate hockey player would have the endurance of Colorado's Cassius Darrow. More time on ice means more opportunity to for a player to dominate, and Darrow has clocked more minutes so far this season than any other player in the SMJHL.

Shot: Mason Hudson (MTL)
With him being 1st in goals and having a 25.00% shot%, That means Hudson takes a good amount of shots where there's a good chance he'll get a goal every 4-7% of the time he goes up for a shot on goal. Thus showing that he has a good goal to shot% ratio.

Grit: Parker Smeb (COL)
Parker, 2nd in hits, averages a well amount of checking ability in the game he plays in. With 5 hits in his last game, he builds around this archetype of being a defensive player that doesn't pull back on the hits.

Endurance: Cassius Darrow (COL)
The guy plays long minutes and leads the league currently in minutes played showing off his big amount of durability and longevity on the ice, which can go a long way for any player who wants to play for a good amount of time and try to help out the team.

PBE PT

[Image: bclD7fn.png]

[Image: E1Hfj9R.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Hands: Tony Ford
I have been reliably informed by every girl I have ever been with that "[I] have amazing hands" (Its amazing what people will say for 20 quid, isn't it. And by people i mean 3 people. What. Don't judge me.)

Heart: Peter Larson

Imagine having to play game after game realising that actually your offense is pretty bad, your defense is amazing but there's only so much you can do. Then you go home and look at the stats and you see that your captain who is a defenseman is leading scoring and you cry yourself to sleep at night. But On the plus side you're hella fly and carrying your team. That's Peter Larson for you

Endurance: Johnny Sins

Go on, name another hockey player who can take on 5 girls at once without breaking a sweat (ok actually that's apparently sweaty work), and them all leave happy. That's Sins for you.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 02:24 PM by Wibbly McButternutz.)

Perfect Player?

Mar. 5 2019
Chaz Anderson - SMJHL Beat Reporter

Heart: Wibbly McButternutz (DET) – Although he’s been relatively quiet in the media the last few weeks, it’s been quite the learning experience for McButternutz.  Wibbly’s calm demeanor has contributed to a cohesive, close-nit Detroit locker room and his willingness to sacrifice his nut-sack shows true heart.  He sits 3rd on his team for shot blocks and always sticks up for his teammates.  Future captain?

Shot: Borromini Cannellini (VAN) - Points and Goals leader.  This guy buries the puck and has his team sitting 2nd in the league’s overall standings.  If he continues to shoot the puck at his current rate, no one will catch him.

Endurance: Nikolai Evans (MTL) - Not the leader in minutes played per game, but top 5 and with a +6 rating and 14 points in 15 games, this guy embodies consistency.  He will need to continue his consistent play if Montreal would like to remain in the playoff race.

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]

Hands: When you look around the rink and you are trying to find the one skater that can always find away to slip in through that perfect seam, there is no one else like Guy Zheng. His creativity and ability to thread even the smallest of needles to a teammate sitting back toward is picturesque.

Heart: There is one specific name that seems to rise to the top when your thinking about a player who leaves it all on the ice on a nightly basis and that name is Andreas Kvalheim. Kvalheim finds away to stay at the top of the scoring heap while also tallying a staggering 42 hits on the season show his true heart and character that he provides for his team.

Grit: When it comes to a guy that has just the all out grit the name Andrej Doskocil just jumps of the page. He already ranks near the top of the leader board with 38 hits on the season, and follows that up with another 22 blocks.

Shot: Right now one guy I would put as a top scorer in this league would be Mason Hudson. I think combing his shot into any player in the SMJHL would be extremely potent. Especially when you take in to account his current shooting %

Endurance: When you need some one to munch up minutes on a nightly basis a player like Cassius Darrow has to come to mind. His ability to gobble up that much time on ice while keeping his game play speed up is extremely rare.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Endurance : Cassius Darrow is a beast! The guy is a workhorse every game, logs big minutes and puts up numbers while he’s at it. He can do it all on the ice while being that true #1 Defence man who play all game long of need be!

Hands : Mason Hudson can dangle with the best of them, with a foolish 80 in Puck handling. The dude has major league numbers on a minor league team. He’s the kind of guy you are going viral, stick handling an egg or something crazy! Soft hands with the numbers to match it, look at that crazy shooting %!!

Grit : You can skate all day and stick handle circles around them, but if you can’t play a bit physical, you’ll always be called soft. That’s why Jay Boom Boom is my
Man here! The guy racks up the PIMs because he simply gets in the other teams face and is a total pest. Not to mention he’s dropping the gloves with the best of them!

Hands: D - Guy Zheng
The league leader in assists this season has been a dominant force on both ends of the ice. Part of the reason Zheng is so good at defending his zone is because he always has the puck and the other team's players are completely helpless when Zheng has the puck. He has some of the best dangles of any SMJHL player this season, which is rare for a defenseman and he is always a top-notch passer. 13 assists this season, which is more than any other player. He makes his teammates look good left and right, which is why Guy Zheng is the perfect example of a nice set of hands.

Grit: D - Jay Boom Boom
Boom Boom plays a very hardcore, solid style of defense, which he is very good at. However, he is better known for being one of the toughest and only enforcers in the league. Boom Boom takes more penalties than any other player and has already had two fights this season, needless to say he won both of them. As a defensive defenseman, he is unmatched and knows how to hand out hits just as well as anyone. Boom Boom is a very valuable player for his team if he plays his game like he does when he's at his best. His grit is unmatched by any other SMJHL player.

Shot: LW - Mason Hudson
Hudson is probably the most accurate shooter in the SMJHL. He has the highest shooting percentage of anyone with more than 5 goals this season and is second in league goals. Any time Hudson is on the ice, it is immediately deadly for the opposition. 25% of the shots that Mason Hudson has taken this season have resulted in goals, meaning that for every four shots he takes, one goes in, but of course some of those shots would be bad angles and rebounds, which would bring down his percentage, so let's just say that if you are a goalie facing down Hudson one on one, with a clear lane, there is almost no chance of you saving his shot.

Imagine these three players combined. Beats someone up really badly, then hops back on the ice and holds on to the puck for 2 minutes in the opponants' zone, then faces down the goalie and snipes top corner. That's the kind of player that every hockey player should model themselves after.

[Image: OtXewqUbye0a7vWLDnjt6EKvJios77GMR1rQWjNi...O0QmJKPJ4Q]

D - Ender Zavala (S47)
Halifax Raiders (S46-Present) 

S46 SMJHL Entry Draft 21st Overall Pick (Halifax Raiders)

Hands: passing/puck handling
Mathias Segar -- currently leads the Outlaws in assists with 11 in 15 games including 4 on the power play. His on ice vision allows him to hit teammates in stride with a pass or he can use his quickness to stick handle up the ice as the team transitions from defense to offense and he does not turn the puck over in the neutral zone.

Shot: goals/shot%
Collin Gibbles -- currently lead the Outlaws in goals with 8 and while he is only 4th on the team in shots with 39 since he is more of a pass first forward, he is currently near 21% on his shooting percentage. He does play on the first line and while teams will try to stop Fujikawa, Gibbles has stepped up this season and made it more difficult for the opposing teams to just focus on one player to shut down. He does also play on the second power play team.

Endurance: minutes played
Osbert Whacker -- leads the Outlaws with over 23 minutes played per game and also plays in all situations -- first defensive pairing, power play and penalty killing units while chipping in with 3 goals and 9 assists on the season and a team leading 20 block shots as well.

Hands: Guy Zheng

This guy has hands like butter, passed down from the hockey gods themselves. He is leading the SMJHL with 13 assists in 15 games and this train isn't stopping anytime soon. Any hockey player would dream of the skill level and production he has so far.

Heart: Gunnar Soderberg

His heart is like no other. Not only does he care about winning and providing for his team as much as anyone, he also cares about everyone as a person. He is easily the most thoughtful and overall has the best character in the league that I've seen. Even though he's on a different team I can't bring myself to dislike the guy.

Grit: Perry Morgan

It may not completely show on the box scores, but Perry is a man of total grit. He brings his physical presence into every game and sticks up for his teammates no matter what. At 6 foot 2 and 250 pounds I don't think there is anyone (besides Esa) who voluntarily wants to mess with this guy.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

The perfect hockey player (SMJHL Edition)

Hands: Sami Raanta (Vancouver Whalers)
It's not showing on the scoresheet yet, but Sami Raanta has incredible hands and vision and pretty much always gets the puck to his teammates. He's not passing up prime shooting possibilities though. So if you want a premier passer, go with Sami.

Heart: Jax Duggan (Vancouver Whalers)
He's alsways enthusiastic and carries a locker room. Jax Duggan is a guy you want to have on your team just for his activity and his will alone. He may be a rookie but he is setting the tone already, being Top 10 in hits.

Grit: Andy Kerr (Vancouver Whalers)
Andy Kerr is not only Top 10 in hits, but he is also Top 10 in hits taken. Because sometimes the real ability isn't delivering the crushing hit, but taking a hit to get a crucial pass through or get the puck out of the zone. And Andy Kerr does both. 

Shot: Borromini Cannellini (Vancouver Whalers)
There is only one guy you can chose here and that is Cannellini. He is shooting ... and he is shooting a lot. He leads the league in Shots taken by a wide margin but also has the most goals. Runner up is Egor Kucherov from the Vancouver Whalers who has the best Shooting Percentage by about three percent.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

Grit: Grit is all about blocking shots but also motivating the team by hitting and fighting the opponents which is important for a tough guy like Andrej Doskocil. In just 17 games played, Andrej Doskocil has already 40 hits this season and pace for more than 100 which is pretty impressive for a junior player. He has 23 shots blocked which means he is not afraid to give up his body. Best tough guy in the league.

Shot: Mason Hudson has 10 goals in 17 games this season which a shooting percentage above 20% which is pretty impressive and taking a lot of shot. The scary part is this just got started. Not going to be surprised to see him get even better as the season goes on.

Endurance: There are a lot of defensemen in the top ranking for minutes per game but a forward? Borromini Cannellini is the name. 23 minutes a game is insane, who does he think he is, McDavid?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hands: Joseph Laraque raiders
While Laraque may not be leading the league in assists, I'm choosing him because of the upside. That's not a knock on his current play, as he already has 9 assists on the season. What's more impressive is he's a rookie. He's having a tremendous season, and this is only the beginning. He's already showing flashes of brilliance and he's only going to improve.

Heart: Jax Duggan Whalers
Jax is the epitome of a heart and soul guy. Jax is a motivator for his team. When the Whalers are down or the game is tight, Jax's voice will always be heard. His motivation doesn't stop on the ice, however. Jax is constantly motivating his teammates off the ice, making sure everyone gets better together and nobody falls behind.

Grit: Andrej Doskocil raiders
The only SMJHL player to be in the top 10 in hits and shots blocked, this was an easy decision. It is safe to say when he is on the ice, everybody knows it. Be sure to skate with your head on a swivel, or Doskocil will make quick work of you.

Shot: Borromini Cannellini Whalers
League leader in both goals and shots (and by a lot), this is another easy pick for me. Cannellini is known for his goal scoring abilities, and he will definitely have a successful career. If I'm building my perfect player, there's no doubt in my mind that I want to shoot the puck like Cannellini.

Endurance: Cassius Darrow Raptors
Most minutes played in the league, need I say more? Darrow does it all, from 5-on-5, to the PP or the PK, he is a work horse. The man does not take a shift off. If I'm going to have the endurance of anyone in the league, give me that ability from Darrow.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Hands: Guy Zheng (KEL) -- you don't get to the top of the league in assists without having some silky mitts. Currently topping the charts in the apple category, his mitts show no signs of slowing down with an almost 1A/G pace to start the season.

Grit: Benois Minuscule (LBL) -- You don't make the top 10 of both shot blocks and hits without being an absolute goon. If you're crazy enough to put yourself out there to hit and get hit, well then you're my type of hockey player when grit comes to mind.

Shot: Borromini Cannellini (VAN) - League leader in goals and points. This man is a points machine and on an absolute tear to start off the season. Haters say he will fall off but I don't see it happening. The man's a natural sniper.

Endurance: Cassius Darrow (COL) -- This guy is some sort of hockey playing android. Posting 452 minutes over 19 games (23.77 MPG) while putting up 14 points from the blue line, there isn't a better candidate for endurance than Cassius. But seriously someone check this guy and see if he doesn't have some sort of motherboard coming out of his back, this isn't human.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig