Create Account

Point Task Automation

03-09-2019, 06:35 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Reply or not to reply:
Id like for each member to reply to the post after you fill out the form for the first season we use this.. because as we venture into unchartered territory i want to make sure that if there are any issues such as report errors or human error... you have documented in that post that you completed the form.

This part right here needs to be in bold and a reminder with each PT

Great idea all around Izzy, happy to see some fresh changes coming to the PT department.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Do edits to responses get timestamped? You guys might have already discussed that part but I'm curious since I've never moderated a Google survey

03-09-2019, 03:25 PMGCool Wrote: Do edits to responses get timestamped? You guys might have already discussed that part but I'm curious since I've never moderated a Google survey

Yes the report generated adds the latest edited time stamp.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 03:33 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

03-09-2019, 09:02 AMDangles13 Wrote: Good idea

Thank you for your help with this..

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Shame we couldn't actually make PTs more engaging to where forum posts would be the most ideal.

Oh well.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Good shit. Very forward looking to nice to see this being inplemented! Next we should look into a better update system than linking forum posts

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

03-09-2019, 05:27 PMFourFour Wrote: Good shit. Very forward looking to nice to see this being inplemented! Next we should look into a better update system than linking forum posts

As the Updater Head, I've been exploring this on my own a little bit. I'm not sure I have the skill to develop a web applet that would automate updating, but I want to research it and discuss it with skilled people.

In addition -- and I'm only clarifying this because I find it meaningful, not because I think you wouldn't understand -- actually automating the updating portion would be the last thing in line. That is to say, we'd need not only the PT's themselves to be automated, but the confirmation that User X has Y points to spend without the need of a 3rd party (an updater) to reconcile those points. Does that make sense?

That all said, anyone who has meaningful info should PM me. I have a salary being the head - and if the Head Office doesn't pay you, I sure will. Even if it means no equipment for me for a season or two.

03-09-2019, 06:25 PMGCool Wrote:
03-09-2019, 05:27 PMFourFour Wrote: Good shit. Very forward looking to nice to see this being inplemented! Next we should look into a better update system than linking forum posts

As the Updater Head, I've been exploring this on my own a little bit. I'm not sure I have the skill to develop a web applet that would automate updating, but I want to research it and discuss it with skilled people.

In addition -- and I'm only clarifying this because I find it meaningful, not because I think you wouldn't understand -- actually automating the updating portion would be the last thing in line. That is to say, we'd need not only the PT's themselves to be automated, but the confirmation that User X has Y points to spend without the need of a 3rd party (an updater) to reconcile those points. Does that make sense?

That all said, anyone who has meaningful info should PM me. I have a salary being the head - and if the Head Office doesn't pay you, I sure will. Even if it means no equipment for me for a season or two.

SBA/VHL have a portal for updating, maybe try and get in contact with some of the guys there

[Image: 3.png]

03-09-2019, 06:27 PMJSS Wrote:
03-09-2019, 06:25 PMGCool Wrote: As the Updater Head, I've been exploring this on my own a little bit. I'm not sure I have the skill to develop a web applet that would automate updating, but I want to research it and discuss it with skilled people.

SBA/VHL have a portal for updating, maybe try and get in contact with some of the guys there

I'll do that, thanks!

Tagging HO worries me that this hasn't been discussed with HO yet. @GCool have you guys talked about this?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

03-09-2019, 11:41 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Tagging HO worries me that this hasn't been discussed with HO yet. @GCool have you guys talked about this?

We haven't discussed this with HO yet. I haven't even discussed this with the updaters at length yet, to be honest.

For the benefit of being candid, once I came in as Head, a lot of the old updaters just stopped showing up for work. That's why I ended up hiring 5 guys [burgers and fries]. I'm not sure what I did to encourage such an exodus, but here we are.

I'd love to start talking about it with HO. I barely get any feedback from anybody, so to actually have a good discussion and subsequent movement forward would be great.

03-09-2019, 11:41 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Tagging HO worries me that this hasn't been discussed with HO yet. @GCool have you guys talked about this?

Izzy tagged HO not Gcool? and only part of HO tbf..

But unless Izzy reached out to eggy privately this hasn't been discussed in HO

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

03-10-2019, 12:10 AMNobody Wrote:

Hi @Nobody, who are the current members of HO? i know that i wanted to tag them all but didnt know everyone.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

03-10-2019, 12:10 AMNobody Wrote:

In fairness I'd like to think he was making two different comments there - Izzy tagged [part of] HO, I talked about automating updating once 44 brought it up.

But hey it's fairly clear that I'm just talking at walls so don't mind me

03-10-2019, 12:14 AMMike Izzy Wrote:
03-10-2019, 12:10 AMNobody Wrote: Izzy tagged HO not Gcool? and only part of HO tbf..

Hi @Nobody, who are the current members of HO? i know that i wanted to tag them all but didnt know everyone.

Commish: Eggy
Co Commish: Dangles
HO: Adam, TML, Badwolf, Burd/DanbyRem

Yeah didn't realise the sidebar was never updated

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay