Create Account

Point Task Automation

03-10-2019, 12:26 AMNobody Wrote:
03-10-2019, 12:14 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Hi @Nobody, who are the current members of HO? i know that i wanted to tag them all but didnt know everyone.

Commish: Eggy
Co Commish: Dangles
HO: Adam, TML, Badwolf, Burd/DanbyRem

Yeah didn't realise the sidebar was never updated

got it, thanks Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

03-09-2019, 11:41 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Tagging HO worries me that this hasn't been discussed with HO yet.

Why would that worry you? Department heads regularly make changes to the functions of their department, and this doesn't seem to be any special case of that.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

03-09-2019, 11:49 PMGCool Wrote:
03-09-2019, 11:41 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Tagging HO worries me that this hasn't been discussed with HO yet. @GCool have you guys talked about this?

We haven't discussed this with HO yet. I haven't even discussed this with the updaters at length yet, to be honest.

For the benefit of being candid, once I came in as Head, a lot of the old updaters just stopped showing up for work. That's why I ended up hiring 5 guys [burgers and fries]. I'm not sure what I did to encourage such an exodus, but here we are.

I'd love to start talking about it with HO. I barely get any feedback from anybody, so to actually have a good discussion and subsequent movement forward would be great.

Ah, I suppose things are functioning a little differently than I thought. I've never been an updater though so I have no real point of reference.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

03-10-2019, 12:59 AMGrapehead Wrote:
03-09-2019, 11:41 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Tagging HO worries me that this hasn't been discussed with HO yet.

Why would that worry you? Department heads regularly make changes to the functions of their department, and this doesn't seem to be any special case of that.

Just seems like a very large change that HO would like to know about before it's proposed to the rest of the site. I'm shaking in my boots over it.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

03-10-2019, 12:10 AMNobody Wrote:
03-09-2019, 11:41 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Tagging HO worries me that this hasn't been discussed with HO yet. @GCool have you guys talked about this?

Izzy tagged HO not Gcool? and only part of HO tbf..

But unless Izzy reached out to eggy privately this hasn't been discussed in HO

I totally didn't even notice it was Izzy that posted this and not Gcool lol whoops

03-10-2019, 03:05 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
03-10-2019, 12:59 AMGrapehead Wrote: Why would that worry you? Department heads regularly make changes to the functions of their department, and this doesn't seem to be any special case of that.

Just seems like a very large change that HO would like to know about before it's proposed to the rest of the site. I'm shaking in my boots over it.

Are you sure you are picking up what Izzy is putting down? It's just a switch to Google Forms for predictions so it auto-calculates the results.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Automation of this stuff and updating would be great, but like many have said this is not the way. Someone would need to either create their own mod for mybb to do this or create a separate site for anything tpe related (like sba did). It's a lot of work, if we had some members who wanted to spend the time working on it I'd be happy to help but I don't have the time for this myself.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

03-10-2019, 11:09 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Automation of this stuff and updating would be great, but like many have said this is not the way. Someone would need to either create their own mod for mybb to do this or create a separate site for anything tpe related (like sba did). It's a lot of work, if we had some members who wanted to spend the time working on it I'd be happy to help but I don't have the time for this myself.

I talked to Izzy on discord and I think it might make more sense if we had something that takes a snapshot at the deadline. Easier said than done but I can see if it's something I can easily whip up.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

03-10-2019, 11:28 AM.bojo Wrote:
03-10-2019, 11:09 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Automation of this stuff and updating would be great, but like many have said this is not the way. Someone would need to either create their own mod for mybb to do this or create a separate site for anything tpe related (like sba did). It's a lot of work, if we had some members who wanted to spend the time working on it I'd be happy to help but I don't have the time for this myself.

I talked to Izzy on discord and I think it might make more sense if we had something that takes a snapshot at the deadline. Easier said than done but I can see if it's something I can easily whip up.

I've already written an auto activity check bot python. I think it'd be very easy to write something that gets every reply, checks the username of the person that replied and output it into a CSV with wordcount. Now you have to worry about people not writing the actual task

03-10-2019, 01:53 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
03-10-2019, 11:28 AM.bojo Wrote: I talked to Izzy on discord and I think it might make more sense if we had something that takes a snapshot at the deadline. Easier said than done but I can see if it's something I can easily whip up.

I've already written an auto activity check bot python. I think it'd be very easy to write something that gets every reply, checks the username of the person that replied and output it into a CSV with wordcount. Now you have to worry about people not writing the actual task

Ya that'd be perfect I think

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

03-09-2019, 06:25 PMGCool Wrote: I have a salary being the head - and if the Head Office doesn't pay you, I sure will. Even if it means no equipment for me for a season or two.

I'd definitely be up to help bankroll something like that.

Also if you ever want to bounce ideas off us let me know, we looked into stuff into the past and ran into issues but it's something I'd more than love to see us work towards.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia