Create Account

S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet

[Image: Z6eE6Pr.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

As a rookie from the Kelowna Knights and draftee from the Calgary Dragons I was invited to the SHL award show. Normally red carpet events aren’t really my thing, but I was quite excited for this one. You’d always see this on tv when you were a kid and see all your SHL heroes come by in their nice suits and great cars. My mother and girlfriend helped me pick out this amazing black Armani suit and together with my dad I had recently bought a Maserati Quattroporte from my first SHL paycheck.

As I arrived a lot of attention went to the big SHL stars and some SMJHL top gunners. I was able to walk smoothly past most reporters except right at the front door. Local reporter from Kelowna shoved his mic in my face and asked: “Who do you think will win rookie of the year?” I thought it was going to be Monkey D. Luffy, but we know how that turned out. When we got inside I was able to catch up with a few of my new teammates in Calgary, who I had spoken too during my tour of the Big Parm. Just before the show started Knights GM Zoone looked us up and told us good luck and to enjoy the show tonight, which we did. The Knights racked up pretty big in awards. Klaus won 3 awards, Kocsis and Sawchuck won 1 and our management won an award as well. A big night for the Kelowna Knights.

After the award show we had a big party with all the Knights players in a local establishment and it got pretty crazy near the end.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

It was the first time Knute were going to an award show, he was excited as he was nominated for the Vyacheslav Onoprienko Trophy. The award given to the most underrated player in the SMJHL. Arriving with Cassius Darrow, Lillie Jacobs, Jakub Novak, Yuri Ushakov and Nick Brain in a SUV that Nick had gotten for the event. 

When arriving on the red carpet Knute felt alittle bit lost with all reporters and cameras going off, he saw Nick being grabbed by a reporter and asked about Dan Curry, Cassius Darrow was right beside him but as Knute glanced over the people at the carpet and then looked back where Cassius had just been he was gone. 

Knute proceeded toward the entrance where he saw someone with a Jersey, with "85 Kittle" on the back. It was his fellow german teammate, Mike McKorsy, reping the San Francisco 49ers. Knute approved of the Jersey as he had just been drafted by the San Francisco Pride. Knute went on inside to find a place to sit down for the awards show, picking up a beer on his way. Just as he sat down Monkey D Luffy came by with a brew in his hand. He Shugged it and said something about not being drunk enough to embarrass himself, looked at Knute "do I know you?" Smiled and pointed at him. Then he looked at Knutes beer "is this mine?" Picked it up and took a sip then just walked away. Knute won the Vyacheslav Onoprienko Trophy, he was chocked and very happy at the same time. As the show was over the guys fron Colorado got in the Brains SUV and went home.

[Image: knute.jpg]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Jerry Mander wasn't thrilled with having to attend an awards show after his rookie season in the SMJHL. As flattered as he may have been to be nominated for the Brandon Holmes Trophy, which is given to the league's top defensive forward, these shows are not his sort of thing.

"It's just the ostentation of it all, really," commented Mander to Outlaws Weekly on the red carpet. "Look at this carpet, the camera flashes ... I'm in some suit my agent picked out for me ... and nobody's going to remember this in a few years. They'll say they do, to sound cool, but they won't. I guess I'm supposed to be making my own memories here, but I just find it ridiculous."

Walking in with a blonde mystery date that media teams are still trying to identify, Mander looked content if not slightly perturbed by the continuous camera flashes and interview questions. That wasn't to say he was rude, though; he chatted with his teammate Mathias Sieger (who was nominated for the Elias Armia Trophy that night) and exchanged a few jokes with Lillie Jacobs, the winner of the award for which he was nominated. It's hard to say what makes Jerry so uncomfortable at these things, but he can hide it well, too!

[Image: ptSHL.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

I think I would dress to impress, but not with oh say a meat dress or a dress tuxedo no I would go Don Cherry with a Chiefs inspired tux of forest green colors. I would be driven to location by... Know what let's go on the crazy side I would paradrop my way to red carpet landing right infront of it with my lovely girl from Sweden ( She got me into this actually! ) Andrea by my side dressed to kill under her jump suit. I think that would create buzz a plenty. Who sits next to me doesn't matter, if I had to chose I'd go with Chiefs players and staff and of course away from my rival Cedric Moreau.

Questions wised I think the first would be was I crazy to paradrop myself to the carpet. Makes sense right? Otherwise I would answer any questions about my season, my personal life ( nothing too deep though ) and what not I will be a social butterfly... Just like my goaltending style.

Neither Nikolaus Scholz nor Karlstraße Scholz were in attendance for the S45 awards show, but Edmonton Blizzard general manager karlssens was to receive the multiple pieces of hardware awarded to the Edmonton Blizzard organization. Simple, yet elegant, karlssens wore a deep navy three piece suit. the back of the vest and interior of the coat were a lighter blue with floral stitching. The vest was a three button design, as was the coat, but that was left unbuttoned for the majority of the event. karlssens arrived at the event with fellow co general manager keygan and several of his Blizzard players who were nominated for awards including Tor Tuck, Tommy Tuck and Teddy Cuddles. The five of them arrived in a stretch limousine that was deep blue in color with powder blue accents to mimic the Edmonton Blizzard colors. They sat together in the nominees section along side several of the other nominees for this years awards, although they didn't spend that much time sitting as the Edmonton squad cleaned house in the S45 awards show. Overall it was a fantastic experience for general manager karlssens and one he won't soon forget. Blizzard

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=65792

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 12:55 PM by O4L.)

Parker Smeb was invited to the SHL red carpet but decided not to intend. Instead, he flew back home to Korea and attended the esports awards, he stood on their red carpet which was streamed to millions on Afreeca.TV (much higher viewership than the SHL awards). Some say Parker only did this due to not being nominated for an award but he was interviewed by Afreeca.TV employees and said his decision was mainly because of the SMJHLs treatment of his brother, Khan Smeb.

Parker was quoted as saying "Quite frankly I'm disgusted about how North America has treated my poor brother. He moved to NA to play hockey and not only was he not drafted but the season is nearly over and he still hasn't been signed even though hes active. He's also been barred from doing PGS's due to not being on a team but that makes zero sense since the point of the SMJHL is to encourage rookies to stay active. If teams won't sign him then why is he also being punished for staying active? Shouldn't the teams be the ones being punished? I refuse to attend awards shows of leagues that punish activity. Also, scoring in the SMJHL is way too low."

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Pulling up to see all the craziness for a Hockey award show for the first time was insane. Having never been to an award show red carpet before and having just won a second 4 Star Cup with St. Louis, a lot of people wanted to talk with me. Who did I bring with me? (Came alone, coming to the show was a last minute decision.) What did I arrive in? (A friend dropped me off in his 2019 Dodge Challenger.) What was I wearing? (Just a casual run of the mill tux I ordered from a local shop.) How I felt that even though the Scarecrows won back to back Championships, our GMs weren't even nominated for SMJHL GM of the year this year or last year. (It doesn't make any sense to me that they weren't even nominated, but our GMs won 2 Championships, while the "winners" didn't.) Looking back on the night, I enjoyed myself and plan to go every year I can.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 03:25 PM by mstuk41.)

In his ongoing silent protest to decisions that some committees have made in the SHL, Nicky Pedersen Jr. will not be showing up at any league sponsored awards night. Instead of watching a bunch of awards being given out to the popular kids, Nicky decided to go to the local St. Joseph's Children Hospital where he regularly visits kids that are dealing with very serious illnesses. No photo's from the press core, just one player deciding to try and make a difference in the lives of the people that really matter. The fans. The youngest fans who idolize these Hockey players, and would do anything they could to be able to step on to the ice just once. Pedersen, one never to look for the spotlight himself, doesn't like to draw negative attention, so he quietly lets his teammates know that he is sitting out these spectacles in favor of bringing a small slice of joy to the fans that have gotten the short end of the stick. Hopefully, the time that NPJr. spends with the kids will help them on their way to recovery.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Quote:Written Task: in 150 words or more, talk to us about your red carpet moment! What did you wear? who designed it? what vehicle did you climb out of? did you bring anyone with you? were you asked any questions? who sat in the same row as you? did you or anyone else create any controversy or social media buzz? Walk us all through your red carpet experience!

Rafe Ulrich hates the whole stigma around getting all fancy like dressed up for events like this. So he wore a Silverwing jersey which he got autographed by the big man himself at the event. Ulrich is planning on autioning the jersey off with the money going to a charity. Ulrich arrived in his Tesla, carpooling several of his team mates to the event with whom he also shared seating tickets with. Rafe was pulled aside for a few questions, most noticeably for the SHL network and the Wolfpack Podcast hour. They talked about a range of things from how the season had been going for the Wolfpack and how he himself thought he was doing. Classic media questions. Halfway through the red carpet Ulrich began to become a bit peckerish and could go for some food. There was a buffet inside he really wanted to get to quickly. At that point Tigole Bitties's pants came undone and just dropped to his ankles. Totally crazy situation. After helping his team mate out, they hurried inside, where Ulrich could eat.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Sanyi Kocsis has been known for his minimalist designs and outfits. So it should be no surprise that for his "red carpet" appearance, the 19 year, almost 20 year old, decided to go with a fairly expensive Hugo Boss suit of unknown material. It was a maroon suit with a golden yellow trim and a white undershirt with a navy blue tie. Arriving to the show alongside of the young Knights prodigy and Chiefs prospect, was his rumoured girlfriend from Kelowna, and his parents. Despite his bright and outgoing personality, Kocsis was mostly quiet throughout the SMJHL awards ceremony, except when his fellow Knights Nolan Sawchuk and Nicholas Klaus received their awards.

Additionally, Kocsis's social media was flooded with pictures from the event. Alongside of faces who Kelowna Knights fans might recognize, Kocsis was busy rubbing shoulders with other top SMJHL talents such as Cassius Darrow and Leopold Lockhart, and with other top SHL talents as well. When asked about this, Kocsis's only reply was simple: "I get around." It is unknown however if the (technically) underage Kocsis attended the after party.

----184 words----

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

As the red carpet coverage of the SHL awards show carried on, interesting events happened one after another. About half way through, it appeared that someone inside had ordered Chinese take-out. While everyone awaited the next big arrival, a strapping young man in a dark blue polo shirt and khakis waltzed on to the carpet area carrying two bags- one containing food, the other containing clothes. While not too quirky, it wasn't until someone shouted a name that the scheme was revealed:

"I get get a call from NEW gm. He tells me " Hello, look you lose all awards, but I want you to see show. Uh.... I want you to see what your goal can be"". Jacob Géza told the only interested reporter. "I tell him I don't have ticket, but he tells me if I make it in building that he cover me for the night. And I live above New Nanjing Chinese Restaurant- sometimes I work delivery for them. So GM ordered Sichuan chicken and here I am haha".

When asked how the food is Géza replied " restaurant is not good but not bad. Very cheap. I really like their pet rat they keep in kitchen! Very friendly"

It turns out, that while trying to compliment his neighborhood Chinese take-out, Géza inadvertently had the place shut down, as the following day New Nanjing spectacularly failed a "surprise" health and safety inspection .

[Image: Geza.gif]

sig credit: ml002, Reynolds 
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] | [Image: B4x6AQm.png]