Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 2 - Perfect Player

Monkey D. Luffy :eyes:

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Hands: Xena (Anchorage Armada)
Xena has one of the filthiest hands in the league, with 75 PH, he is able to dangle his way around the zone and make any opposing defenseman head straight to the garbage can after they get off the ice. His hands are ones that a player in this league needs.

Grit: Parker Smeb (Colorado Raptors)
Parker Smeb is a force to be reckoned with, with 53 hits so far this season, that puts him 3rd overall in the league. His presence on the ice is felt by opposition teams, and with the hands of Xena, this player is already a multi-dimensional player that teams will be looking for.

Shot: Borromini Cannellini (Vancouver Whalers)
Cannellini is a fucking beast on the ice, anytime that puck is on his stick you can already book it that it is going to be in the back of the other net. Tie in this with the power and grit of Parker Smeb, plus the filthiest hands in the league from Xena, and there you go. This kids gonna put up 80 goals

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Heart: Khan Smeb. Need I say any more? After being black balled by the entire league where apparently NoBodY GoEs uNdrAFTeD, Khan has continued to work hard and train every day. He's also been working in analysis, talking about games and helping to break them down despite an initial lack of recognition for his analysis work by the league. Any player would be lucky to have his heart.

Grit: Kit Smeb. I could've also put him up for the Heart section. Anyone who is able to look like he does and yet persevere has a level of heart and grit that is unmatched across the league. He also has 23 hits which is not bad.

Endurance: Parker Smeb. When he's not on the ice, the only reason he's leaving his couch is to attack the footlong meatball sub in the fridge. It's honestly a miracle that he's able to stay on the ice for 15 minutes per night as you'd usually expect around 2 minutes for someone of his stature. For that reason, he must have some superhuman endurance genetics and if we were able to get him in someone else's bodies (not Kit/Khan, they're hideous as well), then who knows? Might be able to see him drop 60 minutes a night. Saves a lot of cap space that way.

Hands: Martijn Westbroek. Pure passer. Slick hands. The guy's a stud.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Here is the most perfect Anaheim Outlaws player possible (since you can't have the most perfect player if it isn't from the most perfect team)

Heart: Martijn Westbroek
This is an easy one, does anyone have more heart than Westbroek? When you're as big of a scrub as he is you need to be full of heart to play at the top level. I mean seriously the passion and heart required to have the will to come to the rink everyday when you realize that you're #bad at hockey is really really high. I would know, I'm stuck on his line every game, the guy never stops giving it his all but the poor thing just isn't good :(

Scoring: Seemu Telanne
Seriously was there any other option for this?? This absolute baller is the leading rookie goalscorer with 7 goals. While the rest of the rookie bums struggle to do anything, this absolute rocket is balling out and scoring at will. Need a goal? Telanne has you covered. This absolute baller can score from literally anywhere with any type of shot, an absolute goal magnet that the rest of the NHL needs to be extremely afraid of once he becomes a more experienced player.

Grit: Jerry Mander
2nd in the league with 56 hits, Jerry Mander is an absolute beast of a power forward, the complete package with goals and hits. He strikes fear into the minds of the players against him on the ice because he'll hit anyone and anything and fight for pucks relentlessly. Nobody gets down and dirty the way Mander does

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Hands: Raptors - Juulius Smonk - Listen, you already know Smonk's got the filthiest mitts in the entirety of the SMJHL, so it's a no brainier when creating the SMJHL super player to utilize his stellar ability to make passes and drive offense with fancy deeks. Smonk, although off to a slow start this season, is leading the Colorado Raptor rookies in points by a small margin, and hopes to build off his initial season to become a stronger player in all facets of the game.

Heart: Raptors - Nick Brain - Nick Brain has been nothing short of a leader to the Raptors and their new crop of rookies going into this season. Brain, a strong offensive right winger, is currently leading by example on the first line for the Raptors. Although the young team has struggled early on, Brain amongst other players, have shown detemination to thrive under the face of adversity. Brain has taken a strong leadership role on the Raptors, making it a easy decision to use this trait when creating the most dominate SMJHL player on and off the ice.

Grit: Raptors - Akashi SixNine - Again, another Raptors player is going to be included when making the most dominate SMJHL player. SixNine, having fallen in to Colorado's lap in the SMJHL draft, has grown to become everything expected of him and more. SixNine is a gritty and hard hitting defenceman for the Raptors, already amassing a number of hits and shots blocked just 22 games into the season, SixNine has the perfect defensive and physical capabilities to succeed at the highest level.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Hands: Guy Zheng of Kelowna is doing a fantastic job of getting his teammates involved. While everyone wants to lead in goals, with 19 apples so far, Zheng is doing a great job of getting everyone involved. With someone with hands as good as his, not only is he getting everyone involved, he is making everyone around him better, which makes him very valuable.

Grit: Jerry Mander of Anaheim leads the SMJHL with 68 hits. They also say that the best offence is a good defence, and that is exactly the approach that makes Mander so special. Having a player who is not afraid to throw his body around and get players off the puck, anyone with the grit of Mander would be sure to be very sound defensively. 

Endurance: Cassius Darrow of Colorado has been eating up big minutes for his club. And by doing this, he is able to be on the ice more, which means that he will have a greater impact on the outcome of the game. You always want your best player on the ice as much as possible, which is why I would want someone with the endurance of Darrow!

[Image: Ackroyd.png]

[Image: zRNCZ6u.png]

Hands: Guy Zheng (KEL)
Leading the league in assists with 19, in only 22 games, Zheng is dishing the puck at an elite level from the blueline for Kelowna.

Heart: Jax Duggan (VAN)
Being in the league such a small amount of time, my teammate Jax is putting up a solid rookie season that's putting him in talks for being a lottery pick this upcoming draft. Jax gives his all every shift and is extremely active in the locker room and the league in general. Shown in his amount of PIMS (30), Jax is extremely passionate and driven to win.

Grit: Jerry Mander (ANA)
Wearing the 'A' for Anaheim, Mander uses his big 245 pound frame to his advantage, leading the league in hits (68) while also putting up a solid 15 points in 22 games.

(Disclaimer: I know almost nothing about hockey players. I can barely name ten. I have not watched much in the way of hockey games. So most of this is from Google.)
Hands: Patrick Kane. Google suggested a top 10 list in this category and I chose the first name that came up. I'm just in this for the TPE. Is that a good enough excuse?
Grit: Kris Russell. Apparently he is good at blocking shots. At least according to Google. I would type out more words but at this point it would end up becoming garbled nonsense so I might as well just write down all of the words in the English dictionary that are vaguely related to hockey and call it a day.
Endurance: Chris Kreider. First name that came up for this category when I did a Google search. Need I say any more? I'll go on the same rant if needed. I will! Just to get the word count up! Okay, I have only 146 words, so I need a few more. These four more words.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

The perfect player might not exist yet in the SMJHL but here are some players we would use to build one with the Detroit Falcons roster;

Heart; The obvious choice here is Lunga Gumba. Lunga has been a delight to the Detroit locker room since his arrival last season. He makes sure to say hi and good morning to each player that he sees and his dedication to his time at Detroit is a huge motivation to the rookies and vets in the locker room.

Shot; Raino Kyllonen is the Falcons leading scorer with 19 points (7 goals) but what makes him our pick for shot is his 14% shooting percentage. Knowing when to make and place your shots its the biggest key to scoring goals and Raino has proven that he has that skill.

Endurance; Stolp Skottson has racked up 547 minutes played in 19 games this season which is an average of 22.78 per game, he leads his team in minutes played and average minutes per game

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

Jake has a few idols in the league each with different skill sets, these guys are at the top or near the top of their respective categories.

Hands: Dick Skillstedt the guy can dish the puck with the best he leads the league in assists always finding the open guy. He makes passes that seem impossible to the average eye. Peralta being a playmaker himself seeing the vision and hands he has makes him marvel at the talent

Heart: Ti-Guy Edmond hes near the top of the PIMs, Hits, and shots blocked category. He lays it out on the line every single shift never giving up, they may play different positions but he shows players everywhere that scoring is not the only way to contribute

Grit: Mike Izzy Edmond could go here as well, but Izzy is the man leading the league. His ability to throw his body around with reckless abandon is admirable. Which is why he has such a comfortable lead in hits.

Endurance: Terrence Nova the guy just always seems to be on the ice, every situation he is on. He leads the league in ice time, well still producing at a high clip showing it does not wear on him to play big minutes.

[Image: oiItRpb.png]
[Image: MpTRQ8p.png]

Hands: Barry Batsbak

Batsbak has the highest combination of PH and Passing, He's got slick hands and a mean passing game. Sadly it doesnt show right now in the score sheets but he's got the potential.

Heart: Alexander Andersson-Grande

Alexander Andersson-Grande is a cutie and his mother is Ariana Grande and can offer people free concert tickets.

Grit: Andrej Doskocil

Gotta go with Andrej here. Top 10 in both Hits and Shots blocked, the only one in the J with that accomplishment. easy pick.

Shot: Collin Gibbles.

Gibbles might not have the most goals, but he is top 10. However he's top 3 in sht%, where he scores on just under every 5th shot. Now that is great! Pass him the god damn puck anaheim players and you'll have a new top scorer.

Endurance: Osbert Whacker

I would take Osberts Endurance, seeing how he's played the most minutes in the SMJHL. Sadly his time on ice isn't as good as the team would probably like. Sure he's at 15 points in 24 games, but he is also team worst in +/- with a - of 7.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Hands: Gunnar Söderberg is a great player and has the some of the best hands in the league. He is always looking to make a great pass by using his hands to be able to make a saucer pass or a rebound shot for one of his teammates to score. Gunnar has great stick handling and is able to get himself into tricky situations and dangle out of them.

Shot: Cullen Grey has a great shot and the opposing team is always making sure they know where he is on the ice and that shows how deadly his shot is. Grey has both a good slapshot and a wrist shot and up close he is able raise his shot.

Grit: Noah Gallagher is not afraid to take a hit to make a play and help his team win. He has a knack for blocking shots, and it seems that he is everywhere in the defensive zone making the correct plays for his team.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Shot: Mason Hudson (MTL)
He’s a stud. End of story. If he gets the puck at the right place he has great chance of scoring. He’s dangerous from anywhere as I learned. I hope to emulate his skill one day.

Grit: Parker Smeb (COL)
It would be a shame to call him a goon because of what he brings to the game. But he’s the prime example of a gritty player who can take care of business. He may never light up the record books but damn if he doesn’t his team in it.

Endurance: Cassius Darrow (COL)
Endurance is underrated in Juniors. People overlook it but it is one of my priorities in my young career. Even though I’m on the fourth line I need to be ready when I eventually do get promoted. I’m excited for the opportunity but no one emulates endurance more than Darrow. You can have the best shot in the league but if you don’t have the stamina, it doesn’t matter.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 04:41 AM by birdwatcher69.)

Hands : Guy Zheng of the Kelowna Knights arguably has the sickest hands in the league this year. Zheng has the puck on a string and sauces it around with the best of them. He leads the SMJHL with 20 apples on the year. 

Grit: When you’re thinking about what you want in terms of grit from a player on your team you inevitably think of a player like Andrej Doskocil. Doskocil, a member of the Halifax Raiders is in the top ten in both the shots blocked and the hits categories. With 28 shots blocked and 53 hits, (good for 10th and 7th place respectively) Doskocil is the only player in the league to place in the top 10 for both statistics.

Shot: If you were one of those weird little aliens from space jam looking to steal the shooting talent of an SMJHL star, Colin Gibbles of the Anaheim Outlaws would probably be your pick. He sits only 5 goals back of the league lead with 10 goals and is shooting at a blistering 19.23% clip.

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

Grit: Anastasia Volkova-O’Koivu
I’ve only played against Anastasia Volkova-O’Koivu a couple of times, but she immediately struck me as the kind of gritty player I want to be in this league. She hits hard and often, and is always there to defend a teammate if need be. Even during warmups, Anastasia works harder than I’ve ever seen anyone work at hockey, and it’s definitely something I aspire to bring to my team going forward.

Hands: Gunnar Söderberg
I have to pick my liney for this, of course. His hands are silky smooth, and I’ve been impressed by this from day one. Gunnar always seems to know right where my tape is. He even set me up for my very first SMJHL goal! What more can you ask? Plus, he uses those skilled hands to wash the dishes as my roommate, which is equally important as getting it done on the ice in my opinion.

Heart: Aleksandr Scherbak
Who else but my boy Sasha? We’ve known each other forever, and he’s always had my back. No locker room has ever felt right unless he’s in it, and that’s not just my opinion- one of our teammates in Mini Mites hockey cried when Sasha missed a game with the flu because Sasha used to tie his skates for him when he didn’t know how. Sasha brings his best every day, to the rink and at home. He’s always been there to help me when I’m struggling, whether he’s chirping me to get me out of my head when I’m overthinking things, or helping me fine-tune my aim by challenging me to hit a specific dent on the garage door. He’s not just my best friend- he’s the heart of the team.

[Image: 57762_s.gif]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]    [Image: yIvjn4j.png]