Create Account

SMJHL Goalie TPE Cap

03-13-2019, 01:09 PMO4L Wrote: Still think this idea is viable and would help send-downs with boredom while also letting rookies get more in sim enjoyment out of their first year but will never happen so w/e.

I remember that idea - that was pretty cool. I'd back that.

As sad as the attitude "it'll never happen so w/e" makes me, I feel that as far as conversations about changes around here go. I love the discussion and I love the idea of reform, but I've never seen one of these conversations produce something tangible.

my god scoring is already so incredibly low for a league that doesnt matter and wally just wants to decrease the scoring, up the scoring sliders and keep goalies hwere they are imo

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 05:01 PM by Wally.)

03-13-2019, 03:14 PMkit Wrote: my god scoring is already so incredibly low for a league that doesnt matter and wally just wants to decrease the scoring, up the scoring sliders and keep goalies hwere they are imo

So decimate goalie stats? Oh okay. Good take. I mean increasing frequency of shots would by my first inclination. Doesn't anyone see a problem with low goal scoring and low goalie benchmarks?

[Image: Wally.png]

03-13-2019, 04:55 PMWally Wrote:
03-13-2019, 03:14 PMkit Wrote: my god scoring is already so incredibly low for a league that doesnt matter and wally just wants to decrease the scoring, up the scoring sliders and keep goalies hwere they are imo

So decimate goalie stats?  Oh okay.  Good take.  I mean increasing frequency of shots would by my first inclination.  Doesn't anyone see a problem with low goal scoring and low goalie benchmarks?

who cares if goalie stats are decimated if its accross the board? you can still determine who the "best" goalie is

Affiliate of:

03-13-2019, 05:07 PMkit Wrote:
03-13-2019, 04:55 PMWally Wrote: So decimate goalie stats?  Oh okay.  Good take.  I mean increasing frequency of shots would by my first inclination.  Doesn't anyone see a problem with low goal scoring and low goalie benchmarks?

who cares if goalie stats are decimated if its accross the board? you can still determine who the "best" goalie is

who cares if scoring is down accross the board? you can still determine who the "best" forward is

03-13-2019, 05:10 PMWally Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:07 PMkit Wrote: who cares if goalie stats are decimated if its accross the board? you can still determine who the "best" goalie is

who cares if scoring is down accross the board? you can still determine who the "best" forward is

cuz its boring

Affiliate of:

03-13-2019, 05:11 PMkit Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:10 PMWally Wrote: who cares if scoring is down accross the board? you can still determine who the "best" forward is

cuz its boring

So turn up shots.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 05:17 PM by Daco.)

Why not go back to the Sim with takeaways, more scoring, and up the goalie cap @Wally @kit @ArGarBarGar

I'd rather get takeaways back if we are upping scoring anyways

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

03-13-2019, 05:13 PMWally Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:11 PMkit Wrote: cuz its boring

So turn up shots.
ok sure ya like i said turn up offense, shots is offense i think were all on the same page here

Affiliate of:

03-13-2019, 05:16 PMDaco Wrote: Why not go back to the Sim with takeaways, more scoring, and up the goalie cap @Wally @kit @ArGarBarGar

i think if they were to up the goalie cap theyd have to change the goalie scale to be the same as the skater scale

Affiliate of:

03-13-2019, 05:20 PMkit Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:16 PMDaco Wrote: Why not go back to the Sim with takeaways, more scoring, and up the goalie cap @Wally @kit @ArGarBarGar

i think if they were to up the goalie cap theyd have to change the goalie scale to be the same as the skater scale

Goalie scale was made that way to encourage more people to make goalies I believe, it's not a fairness thing at least from my understanding of why it exists that way. So I don't think the two are related but I'm all for skaters cap being raised to 500 too and keep scales same

That engine is like putting the skaters on steroids. I did test sims and the best goaltender had a mid 800 save percentage in the SHL and players had 100+ point seasons in 50 games.

Maybe it works better in juniors?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

03-13-2019, 05:24 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:

That engine is like putting the skaters on steroids. I did test sims and the best goaltender had a mid 800 save percentage in the SHL and players had 100+ point seasons in 50 games.

isnt that what were talking about? just juniors? honestly not sure cuz i dont read everything. I think its a great idea to go to the old sim for juniors though. WHo cares if its less realistic its juniors

Affiliate of:

03-13-2019, 05:31 PMkit Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:24 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: That engine is like putting the skaters on steroids. I did test sims and the best goaltender had a mid 800 save percentage in the SHL and players had 100+ point seasons in 50 games.

isnt that what were talking about? just juniors? honestly not sure cuz i dont read everything. I think its a great idea to go to the old sim for juniors though. WHo cares if its less realistic its juniors

I agree, so like it doesn't effect records no shlers should care really and it gets more rookies on the score sheet. Goalies all compare themselves to one another anyways, I just think letting them continue to improve would be the way to go

03-13-2019, 05:31 PMkit Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:24 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: That engine is like putting the skaters on steroids. I did test sims and the best goaltender had a mid 800 save percentage in the SHL and players had 100+ point seasons in 50 games.

If the goaltending is garbage in the new sim even in juniors then it kind of defeats the entire purpose of this discussion.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]