Create Account

SMJHL Goalie TPE Cap

03-13-2019, 05:50 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:31 PMkit Wrote: isnt that what were talking about? just juniors? honestly not sure cuz i dont read everything. I think its a great idea to go to the old sim for juniors though. WHo cares if its less realistic its juniors

If the goaltending is garbage in the new sim even in juniors then it kind of defeats the entire purpose of this discussion.

i mean im having a different discussion which is that scoring is way too low in jrs right now so lets jack it up

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Just to put a 500 tpe cap into perspective, an SMJHL goalie at 500 TPE could easily have 90s in every primary stat and 80+ in every secondary, including weakness.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 01:44 AM by O4L.)

03-13-2019, 05:50 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
03-13-2019, 05:31 PMkit Wrote: isnt that what were talking about? just juniors? honestly not sure cuz i dont read everything. I think its a great idea to go to the old sim for juniors though. WHo cares if its less realistic its juniors

If the goaltending is garbage in the new sim even in juniors then it kind of defeats the entire purpose of this discussion.

IIRC 2.1 is the one with incredibly high scoring that is hard to balance while 2.0 has more balance able scoring but you need high shot totals to do it. I believe we run 1.5 right now and I think it's hard to balance that engine around low tpe players.

I think if we were to switch then 2.0 would be the engine to switch to. Here's some screenshots from a test sim I just ran on 2.0
[Image: blNfiyt.png] [Image: MDQCcOl.pngl]

19 players over PPG and Westbroek is a rookie player with 240 tpe that is competing for the scoring title which would be a really great element to bring back to juniors that I think is pretty much impossible in the current engine.

GAA is inflated in this sim (best goalies have GAA of around 3.00) but think you could lower it by messing with sliders some more. Basically the trade-off I've noticed so far is more realistic scoring/SVP/better rookie stats for higher GAA/unrealistically high shot totals, but I think that trade-off would be better for the league than what we currently have.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

03-13-2019, 06:28 PMgrok Wrote: Just to put a 500 tpe cap into perspective, an SMJHL goalie at 500 TPE could easily have 90s in every primary stat and 80+ in every secondary, including weakness.

Based on this Wawazat the goalie is my recreate.

[Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

If you want to improve as a goalie, why not just go up to the SHL?

"I'll only get 6 games." That's on the GM. If you play well in your games and even outperform the starter then you should get more starts and be rightly irritated that your GM ain't put any faith in you despite the results telling them otherwise.

Or you just play like garbage those 6 games. That's, uhhh, on you.

Then again I generally never stay around in juniors enough to 'stagnate'. Once I play great in the smjhl then it's time for me to test my talents against real talent.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 09:07 AM by Zoone16.)

If we want to be more realistic for the SMJHL, which is touted as a junior league (not AHL-like) then scoring will have to go up.

To give an example from the CHL leagues based on data from : https://www.quanthockey.com/

in the CHL for 2017-2018:
- OHL: 49 players were at 1P/GP with 68 games in their schedule. Highest points was 115 (4 over 100pts) ---> Scaled to 50GP = 84pts
- QMJHL: 36 players were at 1P/GP with 68 games in their schedule. Highest points was 116 (2 over 100pts) ---? Scaled to 50GP = 85pts
- WHL: 60 players were at 1P/GP with 72 games in their schedule. Highest points was 129 (9 over 100pts) ----> Scaled to 50GP = 89pts

For goalies (same season)
- OHL: 14 goalies above .900 sv% with 10 at 3.00GAA or below (out of 36 goalies)
- QMJHL: 10 goalies above .900 sv% with 13 at 3.00GAA or below (out of 35 goalies)
- WHL: 17 goalies above .900 sv% with 9 at 3.00GAA or below (out of 44 goalies)

Furthermore, the scoring leaders are mostly already drafted to NHL teams and have been tehere for 2-3 seasons in most cases.

@O4L

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 10:00 AM by Sami.)

Problem is that the best players have 1800+ TPE while new players only start with 155 TPE. That's not enough to be competitive in the Juniors and it isn't nearly enough to be good enough for the bigs. Solution right now: you play in juniors for a few seasons until you can play on the 2nd or 3rd line in the SHL but are capped in the process. It takes way too long right now until you are good enough for the SHL and so you are trapped in the juniors without real development.

Possible Solution: Start with A LOT more TPE but also start with regression right away. Maybe start the career with the amount of a serviceable 4th liner so you are able to play in the SHL right after the draft as a 3rd liner if you were active enough. Players who weren't would go back to the SMJHL but would only be marginally better than the Rookies there. Maybe even worse if they were inactive because the already regressed.

Regression needs to start right away though so a player can't get more TPE than the current superstars (so about 2000 TPE) and inactive players actually regress. Important would be that you would regress by a stable number each season and not by 10% or something. Better players shouldn't regress more than worse players.

I don't know if I am missing something but this would solve a lot of problems actually open up different career paths. But obviously this will never happen lol

EDIT: this actually could be solved if you play in juniors 2 season before being drafted I think. I think it rougly has the same effect.

EDIT: could also be solved if you cap SHL players. But then there needs to be another incentive to earn TPE. Fighting regression which starts earlier would be an idea here.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

03-14-2019, 09:01 AMZoone16 Wrote: If we want to be more realistic for the SMJHL, which is touted as a junior league (not AHL-like)  then scoring will have to go up.

To give an example from the CHL leagues based on data from : https://www.quanthockey.com/

in the CHL for 2017-2018:
- OHL: 49 players were at 1P/GP with 68 games in their schedule. Highest points was 115 (4 over 100pts)  ---> Scaled to 50GP = 84pts
- QMJHL: 36 players were at 1P/GP with 68 games in their schedule. Highest points was 116 (2 over 100pts) ---? Scaled to 50GP = 85pts
- WHL: 60 players were at 1P/GP with 72 games in their schedule. Highest points was 129 (9 over 100pts) ----> Scaled to 50GP = 89pts

For goalies (same season)
- OHL: 14 goalies above .900 sv% with 10 at 3.00GAA or below  (out of 36 goalies)
- QMJHL: 10 goalies above .900 sv% with 13 at 3.00GAA or below (out of 35 goalies)
- WHL: 17 goalies above .900 sv% with 9 at 3.00GAA or below  (out of 44 goalies)

Furthermore, the scoring leaders are mostly already drafted to NHL teams and have been tehere for 2-3 seasons in most cases.

@O4L

I know I'm a bit late to the part here, but I agree with this a lot. I think if we are going to treat the SMJHL like a junior league and not like the AHL, somethings need to change. This is a big one

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I like @O4L 's idea because it put me in the top 15 scorers

[Image: 66818_s.gif]