Create Account

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 26: Not Ranting and Raving Edition

Over halfway through the season and there are some drastic potential changes being proposed, so I have some thoughts.

Topics include:

01:00 Talking SHL standings/division format so far (also HOT TAKES)
16:00 Revenge tour (Cannellini vs. the players drafted before him) tapering off
18:00 Still waiting on the historian job
19:45 Totally not ranting and raving about the proposed PT automation
16:00 The Big Slappy Hour is WRONG....sometimes (talking the new playoff format)
36:00 My stance on the current pay system with the jobs in the league
41:00 Best pancake topping (also what is Pancake Day!?)
42:00 My pregame meal
43:30 What SHL teams will be shaking things up?
45:00 I am not good at regular season predictions
48:45 Shoutout to Tomen for his "Users with 1000+ points" media article

Thanks @Tomasnz and @Inf1d3l for questions.

Garbanzo Beancast Episode 26

All Past Beancasts

Also please listen to the following current podcasts/articles:

Rich and Adam do a Podcast
The Podcast I Will Regret Making
The Big Dick Guys Hour
The Big Slappy Hour
Bowl of R1c3
Users with 1000+ SHL Points

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 09:04 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Hey Argar,

Always appreciate your thoughts but pertaining to the PT topic your mistaken on what we’re trying to do. The automation was strictly for the point tasks which only required a multiple choice option or short text answer... Which at this point is just the 3 on 3 showdown and the awards prediction. Every other PT would stay the same. There’s really no site value in everyone posting a team name for the 3 on 3 or a player name for the awards. (unless you want to make the case otherwise)

respectfully I think your view on the PTs are a bit skewed.. I say that because there are 180+ people doing PTs each week and it doesnt seem like your one of them... youve done 1 of the 3 PTs this season and your old player didn’t do them when i first came on.. So you havnt engaged or agreed with the point tasks in a bit.. and that’s not on the current PT group.

You have to understand that outside of getting rid of the whole idea of PT's for tpe..theres NEVER going to be an option or direction which everyone likes. thats easily the biggest take ive learned doing this. Were on a public forum with hundredss of people from all areas of the world, all with differant levels of engagement and differant opinions.. if getting everyone on board to like 1 PT methodology was easy it would have been implamented way before our 46th season.

There will always be hit and misses and room for improvement,,, but there have been allot of fun reading tasks and community engagement over the past few seasons and for the most part weve received positive feedback and good will in what is a very important piece of the SIM's end to end functionality.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

1. Thanks for a level headed response. Appreciate the perspective.

2. I will say it is a bit unfair to knock me for not engaging in PTs this season when one of the three was started only a couple of days ago.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

03-13-2019, 07:47 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: 1. Thanks for a level headed response. Appreciate the perspective.

2. I will say it is a bit unfair to knock me for not engaging in PTs this season when one of the three was started only a couple of days ago.

i meant no disrespect, just trying to respond and counterpoint on the areas that i disagreed with.

Btw..you do a great job with the pod! i enjoy it much Heart

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Good stuff.

I did not like that Winnipeg pick when you made it. They've lost a lot of good players.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

What i like about the current pt setup is the multi-leveled approach it allows. As one who generally does not do every pt during a season, its nice to have the less time consuming options like rhe 3 on 3 and the wft. When i choose to engage with the longer written tasks, i may do so. For someone that is even semi-active they can still build a decent player and stay engaged.

I do enjoy the conversational tasks. I also enjoy the more creative writing story style pt's. They allow one to build up a mythology around your player. To add onto the rich narrative history the users here have created over time. I get the impression Argar, that you are not a fan of either reading or writing that style, which is a vaild opinion. I can't help but feel though that you may be assuming your opinion to be a little more universal that it may really be.

As for the playoff setup, i have never been a big fan of playoff expansion in any sport. Wild cards, intended to maintain parity or manufacture excitement just run counter to my general worldview. Again, i must be careful to not assume my opinion is in the majority here.

Really had fun listening to this at work. Thanks for that.

Cheers

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

03-14-2019, 06:09 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: I do enjoy the conversational tasks. I also enjoy the more creative writing story style pt's. They allow one to build up a mythology around your player. To add onto the rich narrative history the users here have created over time. I get the impression Argar, that you are not a fan of either reading or writing that style, which is a vaild opinion. I can't help but feel though that  you may be assuming your opinion to be a little more universal that it may really be.

To be clear I wasn't trying to pass off my own perspective as the majority. I am arguing from the idea that the way I thought things were being done was going to run counter to what I think would work best for the community. Whether or not the majority agrees with me isn't necessarily important in this case.