Create Account

Jøln DuBølk FINALLY Speaks Again: From IIHF to Now and Everything In-Between
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 04:23 PM by MCP_.)

(1033 words)

LETHBRIDGE - With the home stretch of the SMJHL regular season steadily approaching, many players are trying to strap down and get something done. This includes Jøln DuBølk of the Lethbridge Lions, who look significantly better than last season. Dahn Cherreh of CaNN was able to get an interview with the defenseman.

Dahn Cherreh: Hey Jøln! It's been a while, hasn't it?

Jøln DuBølk: Indeed it has.

DC: How about we start with where we left off... with IIHF? (Dahn makes a noticeably worried face.) So... how was your first go around for IIHF?

JD: Oh man, I can't tell you how cool it was. It was awesome to get to meet a bunch of guys from around the SMJHL, as well as guys from the SHL. We always wanted to get together, but we just never had an opportunity to do so until then. Once we got through that first practice, we got together and went to a pub. Everyone was very friendly.

DC: Now, the results were...less than desirable...weren't they?

JD: Everyone, including myself, was disappointed that we didn't go on to the medal round. We fought valiantly, but it was to no avail. Didn't do too hot myself either. 

DC: World Juniors, on the other hand...

JD: Oh yeah, a whole lot better in terms of results. 

DC: Where did you excel during World Juniors?

JD: Racking up hits and PIMS definitely (laughs). During last season in the SMJHL, I felt I wasn't being physical enough. World Juniors was kinda a trial run, and I learned a lot about how to incorporate physicality correctly. 

DC: How did you feel about Team Sweden being eliminated from Gold contention by Canada?

JD: All I gotta say about that is this: hockey is one weird sport. Canada wasn't doing too hot during round robin, but they turned it around. I will always give them props. And hey: Bronze isn't too bad either.

DC: Now, the big question: how did you feel about being drafted by the Tampa Bay Barracuda, as well as where you were drafted?

JD: Originally, I wasn't too sure: I heard from some of the other guys on my teams about their previous history in Seattle, but the moment I walked into the locker room for training camp, I felt incredibly humbled. It seems like they have tried to turn things around for the better, which is also reflected in the standings. As for my position in the draft: it was where I thought it would be: middle second round pick. 

DC: How are the fellow rookies in the Tampa locker room?

JD: Awesome. Olivier, Matt, and Lunga have been fun to hang out with so far.

DC: Was there anyone on the team you were familiar with already?

JD: David (Fantobens). He was just as cool in Tampa as he was in World Juniors and IIHF.

DC: Another big question many have asked: when are you planning to take the jump to the SHL for good?

JD: Honestly, whenever they need me. Mr. Sims (Tampa Bay GM James Samuel Sims) is really good friends with Mr. Rem (Lions GM Danby Rem), and he doesn't want to just bring me up to the SHL for the hell of it, you know?

DC: Now, let's talk about the current season at hand: are you pretty much the go-to defenseman for the Lions?

JD: You could say so, sure, but I like to think of our D core as a team of its own. 

DC: Has your defense felt any effect from Brendan Kennedy Jr.'s sudden departure from the team?

JD: You better believe it. It's understandable, though: Calgary needed to bolster their defense, and Brendan was needed for that. It was sad, but we moved on.

DC: This year, you have a new partner. How has he been?

JD: Donny? He was awesome last year, and he's still awesome this year. We made a great pair.

DC: Now, your production this year: you are a LOT more active offensively. This also includes shattering your assist totals from last year and being the assist leader for your team. What clicked?

JD: It kinda goes back to World Juniors a bit: I didn't feel that I was providing much for my team, so I worked on passing a LOT during the time off I had. As you can see, it worked out pretty well.

DC: Do you think you have a shot at being the assist leader for this season?

JD: I check out the race during my free time: I feel like I have a very good shot. 

DC: Your also a leader in penalty minutes both on the team and in the league. How do you feel about that?

JD: That's an area I can definitely improve upon (laughs). I just gotta lay off the stick a bit more when going in for a hit. A lot of my penalties involve the stick, and that's something I can improve upon before I head into the SHL.

DC: The Lions are currently in 6th place. Do you think you guys can do well in the playoffs?

JD: Of course. We just gotta keep moving forward each day and not let a bad game get to us like it did last year.

DC: Last but not least: Troy Reynolds. Yay or nay?

JD: Oh man, dude is hilarious. A bit of an asshole, but hilarious nonetheless. 

DC: Well, that was a doozy. Thank you for your time.

JD: No problem!

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 05:26 PM by TnlAstatine.)

Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions  jssisbitch  Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions jkiloveu Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions Lions

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

03-14-2019, 05:25 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: jssisbitch 

wts Rant

[Image: 3.png]

Barracuda

[Image: Fantobens.gif]