Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S46)

For - The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

After missing playoffs with the roster they had last season Buffalo is back and meaner then ever.
Buffalo managed to balance their three lines really well with great all around production and a super solid defense.
Goalkeeping has been fantastic all year and I would not be surprised if Cedric Robinson ends another season with a bunch of medals..... as usual.

RETIRED

Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Against.

When they drafted Chico Smeb they got a highly talented defensman and to me it is no shocker that he has taken the team on his back and carried them to a playoff spot. Chico has a high chanse of being the playoff MVP when Calgary hoists the cup

[Image: knute.jpg]

- The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

For

Yes, the Buffalo have a great chance at winning the Challenge Cup. Not only do they have the most points in the regular season, but according to Gordie's Strength Meter they top every other team.

Let's have a look at the team's strength:

Line 1: 3780 (rank: 2)
Dermot Lavelle (794) | Tatu Makela (774) | Kevin Hamilton (751) | GOD McZehrl (748) | TJ Bayley (713)
CH: 330 (rank: 3)
SK: 461 (rank: 6)
ST: 405 (rank: 11)
EN: 434 (rank: 2)
PH: 465 (rank: 4)
FO: 271 (rank: 6)
PA: 467 (rank: 1)
SC: 471 (rank: 3)
DF: 476 (rank: 6)

Line 2: 3727 (rank: 1)
Oliver Konig (778) | Alexis Metzler (767) | Viktor Marius (761) | Charles Walker (727) | Hippo Passamus (694)
CH: 265 (rank: 5)
SK: 450 (rank: 3)
ST: 428 (rank: 1)
EN: 435 (rank: 1)
PH: 463 (rank: 1)
FO: 259 (rank: 4)
PA: 464 (rank: 1)
SC: 468 (rank: 1)
DF: 495 (rank: 1)

Line 3: 3295 (rank: 3)
Brock Becker (714) | Conor McGregor (688) | Leafer Rielly (687) | Quick Mafs (622) | Samuel Jalopski (584)
CH: 222 (rank: 11)
SK: 411 (rank: 4)
ST: 339 (rank: 9)
EN: 347 (rank: 7)
PH: 432 (rank: 2)
FO: 269 (rank: 2)
PA: 424 (rank: 1)
SC: 394 (rank: 3)
DF: 457 (rank: 1)

----

What we see here is that Buffalo is loaded with depth. There first line is the second best first line in the SHL. Their second line is the best second line and their third line is the third best third line in the SHL.
What is also remarkable is that all their lines have the best playmaking skills. I would say that they are the team to beat in the playoffs. Read more in the SHL media section --> Gordie's Strength Meter

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

03-22-2019, 04:43 AMAson94 Wrote: Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Against.

When they drafted Chico Smeb they got a highly talented defensman and to me it is no shocker that he has taken the team on his back and carried them to a playoff spot. Chico has a high chanse of being the playoff MVP when Calgary hoists the cup

Ilike

Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Calgary capturing a playoff spot on the final day over Texas is a complete shock.

Against

Calgary has a long standing tradition of digging deep and working hard to make the playoffs no matter what the odds are. Texas have been playing sub par this year, and the young lads in the Dragons locker room seized the opportunity.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

03-21-2019, 11:02 PMMCP_ Wrote: > 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

Agree. They have been very consistent this season thanks to depth at key positions, so playoffs should be a good time for them. The New Orleans HO should be very proud of the team they built: it's a gud one.

BS!

They are a brand new franchise and everyone knows that you can't win the cup in your first season, you're outta your mind I tell ya! They might make a round but get further than that? When pigs fly I say!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Minnesota Chiefs Terrance Nova, Bobby Watson and Dick Skillstedt were the greatest line is SHL history

This is utter BS.

One can argue that the Winnipeg Jets in their prime had far better lines than this one. Visser - Evans - Volkova is far better and could beat this line to a pulp (not to mention Lombardi couldn’t do SHIT with Minnesota)

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

03-22-2019, 04:34 AMMayuu Wrote: For - The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

After missing playoffs with the roster they had last season Buffalo is back and meaner then ever.
Buffalo managed to balance their three lines really well with great all around production and a super solid defense.
Goalkeeping has been fantastic all year and I would not be surprised if Cedric Robinson ends another season with a bunch of medals..... as usual.

I call against. Robinson doesn’t have any SHL playoff experience, and while he is a good goalie, he could be a possible liability. Buffalo has the talent, but won’t win the cup this year. There’s far better teams.

03-21-2019, 11:02 PMMCP_ Wrote: > Tampa Bay Barracuda will become the first franchise to move past the 4 vs 5 game by defeating Hamilton.

Agree. Team bias aside, the Barracuda have held the Steelhawks fairly well, with the fact most of the games between the two went into overtime or shootout. If Tampa can reign it in a bit, and if Benjamin Blue can continue being Benjamin Blue, there is more than a good chance Tampa can take it.

Hard disagree. Sure, Tampa Bay has done really solid for themselves this season by accelerating the tank, but I don’t think they’ll hold up well against Hamilton. Tampa fell off during the tail-end of the season, so they don’t have the momentum in their favor. It’s still going to be an interesting game, but Hamilton will most likely win.

03-22-2019, 07:49 AMbluesfan55 Wrote:
03-22-2019, 04:34 AMMayuu Wrote: For - The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

I call against. Robinson doesn’t have any SHL playoff experience, and while he is a good goalie, he could be a possible liability. Buffalo has the talent, but won’t win the cup this year. There’s far better teams.

I also think there's no better team, Robinson had a great first regular season. I'm confident he'll continue the great performance in the playoffs.

RETIRED

03-21-2019, 04:11 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
03-21-2019, 03:56 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
Code:
- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

Against

Sure they had a great season but as favorites to win the title? That might be going to far. Buffalo Stampede  has been putting up great numbers in every category and it puts them clear in the lead while also taking the presidents trophy. There can be an argument for TOR Stars, as everybody is aware is HOT AF with 12 a huge 12 game win streak and while that is great to run that hot going into the playoffs a hot streak does not define a team, a team needs consistency in a playoffs so I would take buffalo as the favorite still.

i think im calling BS on that..

Manhatten with 5 players over 40 points and 7 over 35... there overall team TPE could be higher but im guessing a good mind like @JayWhy is getting the best out of the builds of these young players. Crawfling's build is at a number where he could win them a game on his play and that Luke trade was big.. I think they could win it all.

I’m going to have to call B.S. on your B.S.

Manhattan had a great season and are definitely a team on the come. However, they got tremendous production out of some moderate tpe players. In the playoffs, against top competition and with the reshuffling of the sim deck, I don’t see them carrying that magic too far. It’s possible they manage a first round victory because Toronto is not good, but that’s going to be about the extent of it. Jaywhy certainly knows what he’s do7ng but you can’t cook the right meal if the ingredients still need time to ripen.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 08:27 AM by Slappydoodle.)

03-22-2019, 02:53 AMAvakael Wrote:
Quote:The Buffalo Stampede will go from last place in the East in S45 to Challenge Cup champions in S46

For.

The fact that Buffalo even missed the playoffs at all during the last 2 seasons was a massive fluke. The fact that Buffalo has managed to lose in the first round 6 out of 7 times visiting the playoffs is a massive fluke- especially when 3 of them were game 7 losses, and on at least one of the others we were screwed by simmer error. The fact that anyone was stupid enough to underestimate Buffalo's roster for so long is a colossal fluke. Anything less than winning the cup would be a massive disappointment.

Totally agree with this.

Anything less than a Challenge Cup would be an absolute embarrassment for this team. Every player on the squad would need to hang her or his head in bitter shame if they were to somehow blow this leadpipe lock of a playoff run. I can’t see a single solitary way this assembled amalgamation of awesome and amazing automatons could fail to bring home the franchise’s first championship. I would go so far as to say, if this team doesn’t win a championship an official inquiry should be implemented to ascertain what sort of shenanigans are afoot. But, of course, all this negative talk should be put aside, as I am sure my good buddy Alexis Metzler will be hoisting up that cup for a victory lap around the ice in front of his ecstatic fans...........right Avakael?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Code:
- After 7 seasons straight of missing the playoffs, the Manhattan Rage move into the S46 post season as 1 of the favorites to win a title.

For.

The Manhattan Rage face teams in this years playoff run that they have fair well against during the regular season. If the playoffs matchups look anything like the regular season matchups I could very well believe Manhattan can make a push for the title and do personally think at this point at least in my opinion are a favourite to win it.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

This is the 1st year since S40 that Halifax isnt in the bottom 2 of the standings, The franchise has officialy turned the corner.

Against
One good seson doesn't mean, that the franchise has been able to dig its way out of the shit hole they have been in for a while now. If they can keep up the activity and get some good new guys in that are ready to traing, that they have a chance to continue this, but if not, wave at me from the bottom.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

- 1st year franchise, the New Orleans Specters are the team to beat in the Western Division playoffs

For

Joe has never built anything but championship caliber teams, and the infant Specters are no different. Preying on poor decisions from other teams (looking at you blizz Wink ) they built a contending squad and will do great things now and in the future

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]