Create Account

S46 PT #5 - Salary Cap Report

NSFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Looking at the Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks

The team currently only has 2 million in cap space, and they must do a delicate dance if they want to keep the talents they have over the next few seasons.

First and most easy fix for securing long-term cap relief - don't pay Donnie Dicks as much. The upcoming RFA and rookie has a whopping cap hit of 10 million. What the rookie did at the time to deserve such a massive upgrade of a contracts compared to his contemporaries is unknown. Sitting near 500 TPE, he comes nowhere near worth that kind of money, but his development and training/equipment for the year have mostly been covered with the contract alone. The 10 million contract sits tied with starting goaltender Geezus Kryyst, who is at 1047 TPE. Given that starting point, and the fact that near-2000 TPE star Robert Phelps is on a Hometown Discount contract worth 4 million, I would suspect Donnie Dicks should receive around the 4-5 million mark next contract. Still more than some of his contemporaries with similar TPE, but they seem to want to pay him and keep him happy, as is any team's right with their promising youngsters.

Other than that, a few IA players that are up for new contracts this year can come and go, filling as needed, and are very cheap and replaceable. Next offseason after S 47, however, is where they need to prepare their money saved from the eventual new Dicks contract. Players like Zajac, Skalbergs, and Dover are all strong pieces that will be up for new contracts. If they want any more money, Hamilton has to start preparing this season.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 03:48 PM by ThatDamnWalrus.)

Buffalo’s salaries has been one place Finn hasn’t been able to muck up too badly, but it's definitely not without its problems. The most egregious salary error on the team comes in the form of the $6 Million being paid to center Dermot Lavelle @whitecornerback Being paid more than captain Alexis Metzler, Lavelle’s contract is almost as inflated as his ego. Lavelle has caused constant issues in the locker room, running away rookies, disobeying the manager, and all around being a massive pest. I think the best strategy for the Stampede going forward would be to trade him for whatever they could get back. Like Antonio Brown without the talent, the team would be better off in almost every aspect, and would allow them to fix there other big salary error, giving Samuel Jalopski only $2 Million. Jalopski is like a second captain on and off the ice and is much more deserving of this $6 Million, something I am sure his teammates agree on. By giving Jalopski the amount he deserves, the locker room will become more unified, leading to a much better on ice product.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

PBE JPT

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

Toronto is infamous for being on of the most popular locations in hockey, a lot of players are willing to take a hometown discount to play in their home city. A few guys on the North Stars rosters fall in to this category in my opinion. Both Bob Bergen and Mikhail Lokitonov earn three million dollars but with the skill that they've got they could easily make upwards of 5 million in my opinion. They are stars on the team and definitely are not being paid like it. 

Inactive players are often paid way too much before they stop participating in the forum. Thats the case with Wolfhard Richter who earns 2 million dollars which could be better used on an active player who is working to grow. Toronto could have some trouble hanging on to all of their UFAs as they've got some good ones who's contracts are coming up. Guys like Christiansen, Lombardi and Kruger will definitely earn a significant amount of the cap but I think Toronto can handle it. They've got some other big contracts coming up at the same time, Turska and Richter for example and they've also got some good prospects they can rely on to fill spots if need be in Baston and Reynolds.

211 words

[Image: Tr1OPGL.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2019, 07:17 PM by Gobbles.)

The Edmonton Blizzard, fresh off of their Challenge Cup championship, dumped a few high-cost players (particularly Joe K, who needed to be taken off of their books by New Orleans) and found themselves with nearly 8 million in cap space, second only to Manhattan's 9+ million freed up. Edmonton has a LOT of UFAs coming up, and has an opportunity to evaluate their existing talent, and choose who they want moving towards their next Challenge Cup. 

Re-signing Teddy Cuddles is their prime concern right now, as all of their other high-end players are locked up on longer-term deals. Edmonton currently only has three send-downs on contract, all of whom are on the books for three seasons. They could drop some of the IA forwards like Crosby, Cordes, and B. Tanner, and then have about 9 million to replace them with higher quality players, or even one/two very good players. If the free agent market is any good this offseason, look for Edmonton to be an attractive destination. They've managed the cap well so far, and have a lot of high-TPE players on quite decent deals, like Pepperoni, Tuck, McIntrye and C. Tanner. They now have a busy offseason ahead, picking who they can keep around affordably and who they can replace with an upgrade.

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Let's take a look at the Chicago Syndicate. First off, I think Daniel Smeb @Kylrad should be making way more than 1M. He's a top 3 prospect from the S46 draft class and deserves to be making at least 4M. Kit Smeb @kit should also be making way more than 1M. Like Daniel, he's another top 3 prospect from the S46 draft class, so should get the same 4M as Daniel. This now adds 6M total to the cap putting them 1M over now. To shred this 1M I would trade Parker Smeb @O4L . Seeing as he was a late 3rd round pick I could see you getting maybe a 3rd rounder in S47 or S48 back for him, possibly a late 2nd round pick. As you can see from my TPE rankings I released at the beginning of the season, he is quite far down the list. I'd take this deal in a heartbeat as it shreds his awful 2M contract and puts the team back under the cap.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 11:50 AM by Kalakar.)

[Image: H4z0x59.jpg] @JSS

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I mean, we're in a fake hockey league so I guess money is well spent to keep people you like near you. Especially in the Texas Renegades.

But, @dizzyDC Louie Garrett is way underpaid. 6m is a hefty amount, but compared to how much TPE he has, and how much he produces, he should be getting 10m plus a season. I know it's somewhat unreasonable for a team to stay competitive, but he deserves it.

John Grossman Jr. (@12jmoritz) is paid too much. He's making 3m this season, and is making 3m more than he should. He's not active, and is making too much money to take up a slot on the Renegods.

Finally, Keeygan Angello (@Angello) is paid too much. He should be in the 2m dollar range, which is enough to help increase another player's salary. He's inactive, at 400 TPE and needs to go. Soz.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

03-26-2019, 03:47 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Buffalo’s salaries has been one place Finn hasn’t been able to muck up too badly, but it's definitely not without its problems. The most egregious salary error on the team comes in the form of the $6 Million being paid to center Dermot Lavelle @whitecornerback Being paid more than captain Alexis Metzler, Lavelle’s contract is almost as inflated as his ego. Lavelle has caused constant issues in the locker room, running away rookies, disobeying the manager, and all around being a massive pest. I think the best strategy for the Stampede going forward would be to trade him for whatever they could get back. Like Antonio Brown without the talent, the team would be better off in almost every aspect, and would allow them to fix there other big salary error, giving Samuel Jalopski only $2 Million. Jalopski is like a second captain on and off the ice and is much more deserving of this $6 Million, something I am sure his teammates agree on. By giving Jalopski the amount he deserves, the locker room will become more unified, leading to a much better on ice product.

It's a no for me, dog. @WannabeFinn

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

NSFL PT

[Image: wHACKER.png]

Alright, first of all, I don't believe in paying players what they deserve. Quite frankly, as an executive, I believe in my right to fuck over my players for the greater good of my profits. But seeing as I'm a player who has never seen an executive role for a reason, I might as well play your game PT man. First of all, Jimmy Slothface (@slothfacekilla) from games 1-25 would get $50,000 at most. But from games 26-playoffs, he would be getting the full $3 million because that slow starting bastard is on fire and is a leading reason that as of this post, Halifax is still in the playoffs. Hopefully, that's accurate in a few hours. Another guy getting that full $3 million would be Joseph Laraque (@blix900). This rookie has been on fire from the moment he stepped on the ice against Vancouver on opening night and is in the argument for rookie of the year. He'll be worth that money and more next season too. 

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect

NSFL PT

Kelowna Knights roster is a good mix of high quality veterans and promising newcomers. Everyone is paid around 3 millions per season but here is a list of players I think contibute at least twice as much as any other player would in the same situation, meaning these guys should get paid the double:

@goldenglutes Guy Zheng

I would pay Guy Zheng 6m a season as he was the most offensive defenseman and made all 4 lines of forwards produce when he was on the ice. He was not as much of a defensive mission guy as some other palyers in our team but his 14 powerplay points helped the team reach the top of the league in the standings.

@Nerio Bobby Sharp

What an amazing year and a wonderful teamate. He's the centreman who helped all of us produce as well especially on the powerplay. I would pay him 6 million as well, he needs the money and he deserves it as much as Guy Zheng. His =/- rating was also the best amongst forwards for the team meaning he wasn't a high risk high reward player but rather a safe choice for the coach.

@karlssens Karlastrabe Scholz @Noble Nickolas Klaus @Jepox Nolan Sawchuk @daBenchwarmer Sanyi Kocsis

Our veteran core, high quality performer seasons after seasons. These guy all proved they would deserve 10 million a season. I mean you could play these guys 30 minute a game and they would fulfill the role perfectly. The cap would be topped just paying these guys but it's not my own money I'm spending so who cares? They brought the exemple to younger players on how to become a pro and set up the standards for the next players who will replace them once they graduate to the SHL.

To all other Knights, I did not forget you, you all deserve more money but I reached the number of words I had to for this PT.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]