Create Account

S46 PT #5 - Salary Cap Report

Mike Izzy. Dude is a lot of the life of the Calgary Dragons. Super consistent year in and year out, and one of the best goal scorers in the league in general. The guy makes $4m, but he could be making more, that's for sure. He is the life and blood of the team, and not just last season. The thing about the Dragons though, is that many of their great players take less money so the team can sign more players. Moving forward, the team is fine staying where they are at, but my argument is just that guys like Izzy could definitely be making more if they wanted it. Hunter Jones is a $4m maker too, and Casey Creller is up there in great defensemen in the SHL, also making $4m. Izzy has over 2000 TPE, however, and who knows how the team would be doing without him. Dragons fans and teammates are glad that everyone is on board with making a little less, to benefit the team in the long run.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

NSFL PT
Username ADwyer87

Anastasia O'Koivu signed a 3 year contract worth 1 milion per year, under paid and a great contract from a managing stand point. The high potential O'Koivu has would atleast give her a 3 million contract and that can be argued as a discount deal. 

Nick Brain, signed a 2 year deal worth 6 million with Winnipeg Jets, a fair deal for both parts. Brain har the potentail to becom a Elite player in the SHL and I think Winnipeg might have to pay him big money in the future, 5-6 millions per yer would not be surprising. 

Parker Smeb, some call him the greatest Smeb, Drafted 36th overall by Chicago he is a clear steal. He is on an expiring contract woth 2 million and with great play in the SMJHL and straigth up progression he migh be asking for a big contract. I would sign him to a 8mil ×3 year contract, he is valuable and will be a superstar when he gets called up.

[Image: knute.jpg]

[Image: 550JONES.png]

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Let's take a look at the young and rising Tampa Bay Barracuda shall we Mike Izzy? To start off you see the top point scorer of the team Flacko Lagerfield earning a nice 3 million pay check a year with his current contract. He is signed for 1 more season before becoming a UFA. Now, while he is the top scorer I have to say this man is overpayed. He is overrated and deserves nothing more than a half drank ice cap from the worst Tim Hortan location anyone can find. Now moving on to the GOAT goalie Benjamin Blue. Like Lagerfield, Blue is also earning 3 million a season. Now, Blue arguably carried the Barracuda to the playoffs so in my honest opinion this man deserves 20 million a year + free Tim Hortan ice caps for the rest of his life. It's only right for the man that's on his way to becoming one of the best goalies in franchise history eh?

[Image: 3.png]

Alright, so I decided to look at my own team, the Texas Renegades, and one of the contracts that really stands out to me is The Dude @Dude making only five million dollars per season is criminally undervalued. I mean, the guy has 1500+ TPE and is the reigning title holder of best defenseman in the SHL. He's super solid on the back end and a scoring threat. I know that teams have to take other contracts into consideration when handing out money, but it just seems like someone who consistently holds the fort down should be earning a lot more money. The Dude is going to go down as one of the great defensemen in SHL history so I just feel like it should be fitting for him to be paid as one. That being said, he could be taking less money so there is more to go around for the whole team, but he should definitely be looking out for himself as well. Not only is he making 5 million, he's making that much for the next several seasons as he's in his prime... it's actually nuts.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

The first thing that jumps out at me when looking at Hamilton’s budget is the egregious amount of money we are paying Anastasia O’Koivu. “How can you say that?” you cry from a pit of irrelevance. “She’s only making $1 million per season on her entry level contract!” The answer is simple, friend. She’s not even worth $1 million. She’s not worth $1. Anastasia O’Koivu is not worth the cost of the paper her contract is printed upon. She is a hack, a goon, a void of talent where anything good about hockey goes to die, and the fact that the Steelhawks used a first round draft pick on her is embarrassing and nauseating.

So what to do with that money? Give it to anyone. Give it to Nikolai Evans. Give it to a free agent. Give it to Donnie Dicks to make him the highest paid player in the league. Give it to charity. It literally doesn’t matter.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

When looking at the budget of the Chicago Syndicate, one can easily find a whole heap of overpaid and underpaid players. A clear example of this is Kit, Daniel and Parker Smeb all on Chicago making 1M. Most rookies once they get drafted usually get paid about 3M on their entry level contract. All 3 Smebs excluding Steve Craig who is even a bigger travesty with his 500k contract (but we won't get in to that here) make a combined 3M. First off this is an outrage as the Smebs are vastly superior than every other rookie that was drafted. But more importantly its an outrage that Kit and Parker Smeb are making the same amount of money as Daniel Smeb. I mean they couldn't even get past the 2nd round of the SMJHL or be top 5 points in a junior league. Meanwhile Daniel is up in the big leagues slugging in other with actual competent players and is basically single handedly keeping Chicago relevant on the defensive side on the game as he makes up for Luke Atmeys inability to play defense with his offense only game. The solution to fix this is that Daniel should've got the 2M from Parker and Kit's contracts while they shouldn't even be getting paid and should have to prove they deserve it through their junior league play.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

[Image: E54RW2l.png]

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

**For SMJHL players: Rookie contracts range from 1-3 million dollars...in 150 words or more, choose some players on your team and explain what there salaries should be worth and what makes them worth that amount? (*tag all players involved)

I will write down some perspective of rookie contracts and how some players aren’t rewarded for their grind. Commander Shepard was given a contract by the Jets worth 2 years at 3 million at S46. My Winnipeg Jet rookie teammate; Nick Brain (@StadiumGambler ), also makes 3 million for 2 years but at 443 TPE. 

My fellow Montreal teammate Kristoffer Svensson (@gillon )got a contract from Buffalo for 2 years at 2 Million. Bobby Sharp (@Nerio )a similar center also has the same contract with Buffalo. They each have over 400 TPE compared to Shepard's 389. I understand Buffalo is pushing for a title but I feel the minimum contract $ should narrow. Keep in mind I'm a new user but I was genuinely surprised my Montreal Militia Captain makes less than me. And I know Shepard saved the galaxy but this is about on ice performance. I feel like their contracts should at least be the same as mine. If a user is active and commits Media/Graphics/Podcasts should they not be rewarded with a bigger contract as well even though they make up the loss with said media?

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

I, Gary Grease, took a quick look over the simulation hockey league's budget for all simulation hockey League franchises to find simulation hockey League players who had egregious salaries in the simulation hockey League. What I discovered when I examined the simulation hockey League team the Winnipeg Jets is that simulation hockey League player Gary Grease was very overpaid. Simulation hockey league player Gary grease is being laid three million dollars (three zero zero zero zero zero zero dollars) to play defense for the Winnipeg Jets simulation hockey League team. This is ridiculous because simulation hockey League player Gary grease was among the worst on his team in plus minus, a statistic used to measure performance in the simulation hockey League using the simon t hockey simulator. This means that simulation hockey League player Gary grease was on the ice for many more goals against than goals for. He should be only paid 500k for this level of play

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019, 02:45 PM by WannabeFinn.)

I'll be looking over the Buffalo Stampede salary cap expenditures. One of the most noticeable contracts out there is the $2 million paid to Samuel Jalopski. Jalopski played the role of the #6 defensemen for the Stampede en route to their Presidents trophy winning season, but he's on the outside looking in as the Stampede are set to begin playing for the Eastern Conference championship. For a player who can't stay in the lineup when it matters, they shouldn't be earning double the minimum salary for their TPE tier.

Another player that stands out is Oliver Konig's long term deal at $4 million per. Konig has proven to be one of the elite possession players in this league, dominating the faceoff dot and distributing the puck at a high level. His line with Viktor Marius was one of the best lines in the league this season and he's leading the way for the Stampede in the playoffs. His true value is well north of $6 million per year. @Sleepy

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Looking at the Manhattan Rage, it's easy to see that many of the players on the roster have taken team friendly deals to keep the team competitive and allow cap space for any possible free agent signings. Players like Jax Aittokallio have taken an extremely team friendly deal, taking a simple one million a year salary, where he could easily be taking four or five million based on his lay and being. a first line player for the Rage. Luckily for the Rage, this salary increase would really not hurt them too much with a little over nine million free cap space to work with. However if you add in both Alex Winters and Luke Thomason into the mix, they could both be getting paid five million as well, you reach the limit of the cap room remaining. Tokek Takshak could also use a salary bump, being a first line defenseman and putting up the numbers he did as wel, this could then easily throw the Rage into a salary issue, which may have hindered their ability to sign Reginald Rove in the long run...

Winnipeg's salary cap issue.

The fact of the matter is, Winnipeg spent more for prospects than it did on Defense or Forwards or Goaltending.

The Winnipeg Jets spent five million bucks to field 2 goaltenders, with the retiring Artom earning 4.5 of it. They spent 17.5 Million on the backend. They spent 25.5 million on a forward core.

Then they spent 26.5 Million dollars on prospects.

Some prospects earned more than starting top line players! 6 non shlers earned more than any active 6 players on the roster!

But lets focus on one part. Mikey Scarn. I Love this guy, but he got a huge contract last offseason. The money paid to him vs the product he produced on the ice for us is undefined because he didn't have any on ice time with the Jets.

But, for a different look at all this is how Winnipeg knew they weren't going to do well, so maybe they figured they'd help the rookies out with some big bucks.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!