Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 5 - IIHF

As the regular season comes to a close, playoffs are first on almost everyone's minds. But national teams have been scouting for future talent all season, and the transfer period is upon us. Where are you from and what team are you hoping to hear from? Are you willing to represent a country you weren't born in? Tell us about your IIHF hopes and dreams.

Task

Written option: Must include 200 words and mention at least two IIHF teams.
Graphics option: Design an IIHF jersey or make a national team signature for your player. Must include national flag.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S46 SMJHL Rookies (S47 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday March 31, 10am CST

Link to NSFL and PBE PT submissions here to get credit for welfare claims.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

As a citizen of both Ireland and the UK, Tony Ford is going to have to make a tough decision when he plays in the IIHF proper. For the time being, however, he's very happy, as in WJCs the two teams play together. He said when asked "I look forward to playing for the British Isles in WJCs, it's a dream come true". When asked about which team he would play for in future, he initially declined to comment.

Team Ireland have won the last 4 IIHF championships on the trot, and before that team UK was the previous champion. Tony Ford said when pushed about whether results would be a factor in any future decisions about IIHF teams, "Absolutely not. I'll play for the team that I think I can have the best time with, not the team I can have most success with. I love both countries, and will play for whichever suits me as a player".

Either way, with Tony Ford having a solid rookie season, and hoping to go on to a great career in the SHL, it might end up being a vicious fight between the federation heads to try and get this defenseman on their blue line. We will see.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

The Swiss national team is fairly new and Nicolaj Muller is excited to be a part of it so early into its conception. However, though he was born in Switzerland, his family originates from Germany. As of right now the IIHF Swiss team only has 12 eligible players, 7 of whom from the two most recent draft classes. Team Germany has 45 total eligible players, with 13 from the two most recent draft classes. With this much young talent on both teams, the future seems bright. Due to the recent addition of the swiss team, they can only look to the future. Germany, however won the bronze medal back in S40. Nicolaj Muller has stated that if he needed to, he would represent a country other than Switzerland, but as a proud Swiss player, he would prefer to play for this budding IIHF nation. When asked about his outlook on the future of the swiss team, Muller stated the current group of eligible players is overflowing with talent and may have the chance to win the gold in the future. However right now, since the lineup isn’t complete, Nicolaj Muller will have to play for his national team in the WJC. Though he hasn’t been chosen to a team yet, he is hopeful and is excited to see what the future has in store.

224 words

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 11:04 PM by Randominoe.)

Espen here is Norwegian born and raised, just like his namesake father Espen Knutsen who played for the Columbus Blue Jackets of the measly National Hockey League. It was an honor that just hours after this task was posted he was invited to his nation's discord locker room as well as their locker room on the website. There are plenty of playmaking role models for Espen to learn from who hail from the Scandinavian nation, like centermen Goku Muerto and Anders Christiansen who are both deep into their SHL careers. Fortunately for Espen, Norway's depth at center ice is not as great as some other nations he could have transferred to this season, so he will likely see international ice during both the WJC and the IIHF tournament on the fourth line in the faceoff dot. As for hopes and dreams, simply making an appearance as an SMJHL rookie is truly an honor for this season, but in terms of long term goals I hope to work my way up the depth chart and continue to cycle out the old guard as they regress and provide Norway with the opportunity to continue to compete on the world stage for years to come. Hopefully during this year's tournaments, in which Espen will likely see limited ice time, he hopes to create many scoring chances while fending off any that come his way, and hopefully help his teams push for gold.

Duggan was born in Canada. He grew up in Canada, his family is in Canada, he learned to play hockey in Canada, so his choice for his dream destination in the worlds competition is pretty clear, he wants to stay in Canada. Canada has been one of the most dominant IIHF teams in the history of hockey and to play for that team would mean everything for him, as a child all he thought about was wearing that maple leaf in games that mattered and winning Gold with a squad of his brothers and sisters. That is not to say that if he didnt HAVE to pick another team, he couldnt. Jax's grandparents are from Southern Ireland (Kilkenny County to be exact) and he and his family are extremely proud of where they came from. Team Ireland also has a former Viper Squad team mate of his (potentially) in Tony Ford, so if worse came to worse and he wouldnt get any playing time on the blue line for team Canada, the choice to go over to Europe and play for team Ireland would be a fairly easy one to make. It also wouldnt make him feel like he was a traitor to his home nation because afterall, Ireland is in his blood aswell

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

As the regular season came to a close for the Anchorage Armada I approached the Canadian born rookie Spencer MacLean to ask him a few questions about the world junior championship. He stated on the record that it had always been a dream for the Regina, SSK native to don the red and white. “I had a solid rookie season” said the young MacLean, “ I know it’s a bit of a long shot, Canada being such a powerhouse and all. But I wouldn’t want to have it any other way. Nothing would make me happier than earning a spot on the roster and competing for my country. “What if you can’t crack team Canada?” I asked. “Would you be open to playing for any other countries? I know you have strong Scottish roots as well as some Norwegian heritage. Would it be out of the question for you to link up with fellow Anchorage teammate and defenceman Tony Ford on the British Isles?” Spencer shook his head. “ Listen, I love all my teammates on the Armada and playing with Tony is always a good time, but Canada is where I grew up and it's the only team id be willing to suit up for. Not that I’m not proud of my heritage and where my ancestors came from, but my heart bleeds white and red and I shit maple leafs.”

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

Theo Morgan grew up in BC and like every other Canadian kid growing up playing hockey, he dreamed of one day suiting up for his country and helping them win gold. However, being that hockey is Canada's sport, there is an abundance of talent in the country and in pro sports, meaning the chances of making it and playing for your country is even smaller than making a living off of playing hockey. But, that doesn't mean the dream stops there. There are a ton of great nations around and if any of them were to give Theo Morgan a call, he would listen.

There is no expectation to get a call from the top nations, such as the US, Sweden, Finland. But, perhaps a smaller nation, such as Latvia, may be intrigued and would give Morgan a shot. If that were the case, then he would be inclined to listen. Being a rookie and being able to play in the WJC may allow Morgan to experience playing for a nation other than Canada and making the switch would be something he's not opposed to. However, as it stands right now, Morgan's ultimate goal is to one day suit up with the red and white Maple Leaf on his chest and lead his country to victory.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Julio Tokolosh was born a cow in the hills of Rwanda. At a young age, he and his family moved to the far off land of North America. They eventually settled in the snowy plains of the central New York, in the United States of America. It was in these lands that Tokolosh first found his love for the game of hockey. His father, confused by the signs directing him to "Buffalo" errantly traveled west to a dumpster on the Niagara that was stuck 20 years in the past. While things got settled, young Julio wandered off from his family to look for a cow pond to use as a bathroom. After finding a pasture that would suit his needs, he was dismayed to see that the pond had frozen over. Although immediately discouraged, he found it curious that some children were somehow able to glide across the surface. The other children were accepting and urged him to play with them, as they had an extra stick. Julio fell in love with the sport immediately and spent his formative years watching all of the hockey that he could and improving his skills. It wasn't until he was in highschool, when at a tournament, Julio had to fill out forms regarding his nationality. In his mind, he was American. He knew he was different, and from somewhere different and far away, but he had lived his life here, and beauties of American lifestyle are what afforded him the opportunities to pursue his freedoms and interests safely. "There isn't even a Rwandan hockey program, would I play for the World team?" he thought to himself. "I didn't ask to come here, would i have a better opportunity to excel on a worldwide scale of I had stayed in Rwanda?" Julio thought this over with his parents that night, and they agreed that although his international recognition would not be as impressive, it was more important to represent your family and their interests. "Perhaps down the road when I have established myself I could see myself giving back to my Rwandan community in this type of way." Years later, a 23&Me test would reveal that Julio was actually much more Irish than her previously knew. He famously tweeted "I guess I'm an African Irishman? I don't think I'm going to surpass Barack O'Bama, or Donovan McNabb. If playing for USA was good enough for them, it's good enough for me #23andme" The social media backlash was enough to terminate his original twitter account.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 04:44 PM by hotdog.)

Eko van Otter holds dual Norwegian and Dutch citizenship, but there's hardly a choice for EvO when it comes to the IIHF. "Team Norway all the way, man," van Otter says. EvO was born in Norway and has lived there all his life until his move to Anchorage. Though his father is Dutch and these roots follow van Otter everywhere (specifically on the back of his jersey), Norway is and always has been home for him. Add in the fact that Norway has their own IIHF team and claiming Dutch national status would chuck him in with the rest of the unsorted on the Rest of World team, like those from Romania and Hungary, and Norway is a easy leader. EvO has an American agent, so he may be tempted by the US team, especially given his newfound love for the state of Alaska, but with Norway so near and dear to his heart it seems like a shoo-in at this point. He has already been added to the Team Norway chat and is really looking forward to joining his countryman Espen Knutsen Jr. on the ice to see who can pass it back and forth to each other more before one of them finally decides to shoot it, as well as current Anchorage teammate Peter Larson. van Otter is excited at the prospects of getting playing time early in his career on the Norwegian team, and hopes to secure a fourth-line role soon and build from there.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 05:14 PM by Sami.)

Sami Raanta was born in Finland. His mother is from Finland while his father is actually from Switzerland. While Raanta grew up in a city in Lappland in northern Finland, every summer his whole family travelled to Switzerland and spent the summers there in a city called Basel. When became 13, the family moved to Switzerland and Sami lived in Basel up until he went to play in the finish "Liiga" prior to leaving for the SMJHL Entry Draft. Sami Raanta speaks German perfectly and he feels as much a guy from Switzerland as he does feel like a Finn.

The national Team of Switzerland is up and coming and Sami Raanta would love to play for the country his father grew up in and where He spent so much time and years. Raanta has a dual citizenship for Finland and Switzerland and actually spoke to the Media, telling them he is undecided so far but is looking forward to being approached by both Finland and Switzerland.

"You focus so much on the SMJHL season that you forget about IIHF, but now that this topic comes up, I have to say that I am not sure. Sure, my name would suggest that I am of finish origin but honestly, sometimes I think I am more of a swiss guy than a finish guy. I love the culture there and the landscape and to play for my father's Nation would be a big honor. But let's see if they even approach me."

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

[Image: W8AwGm4.png]

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 07:51 PM by leafssteen.)

Jay Boom’Boom is from Austria, where not a lot of hockey superstars are generated. He plans to be one of the few to represent his country on the National stage. Due to the small number of eligible Austrian players, Austria is included under Team World. Boom’Boom has dreamed of representing his country at the World Juniors and he’s one call away from that dream coming true!

Boom’Boom’s goals are simple he wants to be selected to play for Team World and he wants to help them achieve back to back gold medals! He believes he can bring his strong defensive play and a little bit of aggressive play as well.

Team Canada and Team USA have tons of eligible players to choose from and I believe they will be tough to beat! However, as we have seen in the past the underdogs often come from behind to win! Some teams like Team World have more limited options when it comes to picking there players. That does not make them weaker, they just have to be smart with their line combinations to see what clicks.

In conclusion I would love nothing more then to represent Team World at the World Juniors. However if that wasn’t a option I would play for another team to make my dream come true!

224 words

Twenty Twenty- Proud member of the Colorado Raptors Raptors

Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz was born in the woods of southern Poland, high in the Carapthian mountains and only minutes from the Slovakian border. He has been making strides on this side of the pond after being one of the only drafted Polish players into the SMJHL, but his fellow countryman are still far behind the other world competition when it comes to the game of hockey. With neighboring countries like Russia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and the Nordic countries just across the pond to the north, many wonder why Poland lacks talent, or huge interest for that matter, in hockey. With the IIHF being around the corner, we would assume that the only country he would want to represent is the land of his own, but lets check with him and see his response to this question.

"Halo. I have been ask which kantry I liking to represent in IIHF tournamentski. As everyone know by now, I am coming from Poland hence my latest nickname, Kielbasa Kock. I playing my whole life in liga there and I can telling you this, that there is no FAKING way I playing with Poland if I having other choice. These players are too much focusing on how much vodka they can drink or how many potato they can eating in one sitting and that is showing in every tournament because they no can winning anything. If I having a choice, I would liking to join fellow Slavs Slovakia or Czech Republic. You no can pay me enough faking money to play with dirty Ruski dogs. Personally I probably play with Slovak as first choice because if i can being honest, we are same thing. Slovak Polak is almost same, but we no getting fucked by Euro currency because Polak more smarter but regardless is good. Second choice is of course Czech because like Slovak and Polak, is almost same but their language is a bit like .. ahhh.. how you say this.... ehh ... their language is like that of Polish but mixing with some bullshit that no one understanding but I can making it work. I'm sure people in Poland probably wonder why I no wanting to play with Poland or they get mad at me for this decision but Polska hockey liga is same like soccer liga, its very bad at the moment and owner no care. They only care about making money by using korruption tactic so I no wanting to support this shit more longer. Also, I am very tire of Polski whores because they always try taking my money so I think I having more fun with Slovak or Czech (czech cheap but best) lady of night instead. Please take last commentski off record please"

So there you have it. The beloved Polish star announces that if he can have the choice, he'd rather side with neighboring Slovakia or Czech Republic IIHF teams instead of his homeland due to his anger towards the current stance of the Polish hockey league and those involved. Hopefully one of those teams will be able to pull some strings to bring him in, or else we will see our Polish man rocket playing along his countrymen and resisting the urge to slam a fifth of vodka and 4 links of kielbasa before the opening match.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

Playing on the international stage is something Aaron Wilson dreamed about since the first time he laced up his skates.

Wilson’s parents moved to Canada from USSR in late 90s and Aaron was born and raised in Vancouver. At the end of the day, Wilson just wants to compete and he’d be interested to play for any team but his first choice is probably Canada or Russia.

There are more hockey players in Canada than in any other country which means Canada will always have a great roster but it will be difficult to make the team with so many good players. Nevertheless, Aaron has been training hard and he hopes that his hard work will pay off. Of course, he doesn’t expect to make the World Championships team for a few seasons but it would be nice to play in WJC.

Having spent many summers in Russia, Aaron is bilingual meaning he speaks both English and Russian fluently. So if he transfers to team Russia, he wouldn’t have any problems communicating with his teammates.

Another enticing idea is to transfer to an expansion team like Switzerland or Japan. It would be easier for Aaron to make the team and he’d have an opportunity to be one of the first players to bring glory to his team. Team World sounds great too, although I don’t if you can transfer there.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]