Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 5 - IIHF

Sacha Selman was born in Montreal, Canada and ever since he was a kid has grown up watching both NHL and SHL greats compete at the international level for his country. His goal has always been to be one of those greats, competing for Team Canada and bringing international hockey success to his nation. Hockey is the pride of Canada and to have the chance to represent them on the big stage would be a dream come true for Selman. However, being as good of a nation as they are, the competition to play for Team Canada is very high and Selman isn't sure how much of an impact he'll ever be able to have for them, if at all.

Selman's parents are Swiss. They moved to Canada shortly after marrying but retain their Swiss citizenship making Sacha eligible to play for Switzerland as well. This would be another opportunity that he'd really love as he has always felt connected to his bloodline and despite supporting Canada he's always had a soft spot for Team Switzerland. Switzerland are a quickly growing hockey nation as they have several future stars emerging in the NHL in Timo Meier and Nico Hischier and also in the SHL in Mathias Seger and Nicolaj Muller and Selman would absolutely love to get the nod from his parents' nation and become a part of the growing hockey movement in Switzerland.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

SWEDEN OR DEATH  Ahh

[Image: bmy1eP.jpg]

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Josh Driver was born and raised in the state of Michigan and has lived in the United States his whole life. In addition to playing professionally, he has dreamed about playing hockey at the international level ever since he was a child and watched the United States national team play for the first time. He played his way into an opportunity to suit up for the United States Under-18 national development team and got a taste of what it might be like to play for his country on a larger stage some day. Still at an early stage in his career, currently a rookie in the SMJHL, Driver is unsure if he will be contacted by the US hockey organization to play in the World Junior Championship tournament. He remains hopeful, however, as he focuses on the current SMJHL playoffs with his teammates and the rest of the Detroit Falcons organization. 

Living in northern Michigan, Josh has had plenty of opportunities to play for Canadian teams throughout his life. The possibilities have been there for him to move to the great, white north and pursue a route that would land him on the national team of Canada. Driver has stated, however, that he would stay true to his homeland even if he were to live in Canada for an extended period of time.

The IIHF is the International competition league for the SHL. IT is comprised of different countries both Juniors and Majors to compete against one another once a season, generally at the end of the season. 

Corey Kennedy was born off the Southwest coast of the Republic of Ireland. In the tiny town of Kinsale. He would travel to Cork to play hockey until he was out of primary school. He then moved to Dublin and began to really focus on the sport, returning to Kinsale as often as possible. It was a always a hope for him to play for the Irish national club in the IIHF.

Being a Junior player, Kennedy hopes to compete for the British Isles WJC team, with fellow young players. The British Isles WJC is comprised of Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and England. Kennedy hopes to make a competitive British Isles team and bring home a medal for their respective countries.

Following his WJC, eventually Kennedy hopes to be called up to a stellar Team Ireland worlds team.  They have won a Gold Medal on the world stage four times in a row, which is very impressive. Hopefully they can continue there success and then Kennedy can join them in a couple years and continue to roll. Until then, he looks forward to the WJC.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

[Image: yrOgddM.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Joe Ackryod is a proud, through-and-through Hamiltonian. Born in Hamilton, Ontario he grew up a diehard Steelhawks fan, attending all home games with his father, who was a season ticket holder. While Joe loved to go and watch the Hawks, his most fond memory of hockey in Hamilton comes from the times the IIHF tournament was in town. 

Joe is proudly Canadian. He always had his red Canada ball cap on, making sure that people knew how proud he was to be Canadian. His parents bought him a Canada jersey when the IIHF tournament was in town, and he wore it to every game. He refused to wash it until the team lost, which did not happen that year, as Canada went on to win the tournament! Joe has always dreamed of being able to don the red and white and represent his home country, and be able to be a role model to young Canadians as others were to him.

Joe however, has also grown to appreciate his mothers homeland of Switzerland. Starting when he was 10, his family would take summer trips back to his mothers village in Switzerland, in order to visit her family for a couple weeks. This has allowed Joe the opportunity to learn more about his heritage, and has come to appreciate his culture. It certainly helps that Switzerland is as hockey crazy as Canada.

Joe could see himself playing for either Canada or Switzerland. He has come to appreciate his Swiss culture, and remembers his memories of watching Team Canada live fondly. So whether he dons the red and white of Canada, or the white and red of Switzerland, Joe knows that he will feel at home!

[Image: Ackroyd.png]

[Image: zRNCZ6u.png]

[Image: iceland1.png]

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Team Canada – Wibbly McButternutz

Mar. 28 2019
Chaz Anderson - SMJHL Beat Reporter

No.  He will not play for another country.  

That's out of the way, let's continue. 

Wibbly McButternutz has been fairly quiet during his SMJHL rookie campaign.  He knew he wasn't top dog and he truly desires to learn from the best.  Once he's ready, he'll pounce.

Wibbly's time in Detroit has been "da best," he says.  "The guys have embraced me and I don't want to ruin.  I've kept my mouth shut this season and I've learned a lot."  

Any young hockey player growing up in Canada dreams to play for Team Canada and Wibbly was no different.  Yesturday he realized his dream.  Wibbly is penciled into the 2nd line D pairing and looks to make big waves in this years upcoming World Junior Tournament.

"I'd like to say that I can't believe that I made the team.. you know, the cliche bullshit, but fuck, how could they not select me?"  Wibbly calmly states after his gameday playoff skate.  When I asked if he'd like to thank anyone, "I'll thank everyone once that gold medal is around my neck. I haven't won anything yet and that's what sports is all about, isn't it?"

For any media inquiries, please hit me up on Twitter @ChazAnderson2 -- 218 words

[Image: wcD1EnF.png]

Martijn Westbroek is from the Netherlands, not particularly a notable home for hockey but a home to Martijn nonetheless. Since the SHL lacks respect for his Dutch heritage, Martijn has become an unassigned player and is forced to play for some other foreign entity. A false home, if you will. The two main candidates for Martijn's residency were Japan and Switzerland.

Japan - Martijn's bloodline, despite his name, has some Japanese roots and it's the closest thing to playing for his home that he'll get. Japan is also an amazing country and has some players he grew up playing with in U14 and 16 tournaments in the Smeb brothers.

Switzerland - A strong European team, Switzerland is one of the new additions and has lots of roster space. It's run by one of Martijn's fellow Outlaws in Seger and they put together a very convincing pitch with the possibility for lots of icetime. They lack the familiarity that Japan has though as many of the other teammates are either inactive or unknown and that's a negative factor.

In the end, I have chosen to represent Japan Japan on the international stage. It came down to the wire and I had a hard time deciding as Segi put together a really great pitch but Ofer has my nudes and blackmailed me. Also, @Velevra said to pick Japan and if I have learned one thing in my SHL time, it's to listen to Velv.

Japan

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Finland
Harry Carpet was born in Finland, a country well-known for great goaltending despite its small size. Harry has always hoped to represent his country as well on an international level if they would just come and ask for him to join the team. So far that hasn't happened, but it's something he's dreamed of since he was little. He remembers very well how he's watched other international tournaments and cheered for his country's international hockey team called 'Leijonat' in Finnish.

Harry has always worked hard to reach his goals and that included getting drafted into the SMJHL. The same way he will keep working hard to play for his country at some point - which is also why he hasn't really considered joining another country. He knows that this kind of decision is massive and will need a lot of thought. It's anything but an easy decision to make. If for some reason however, he couldn't play for his own country, now or in the future, he learned that Hungary was looking for players. That could be a possibility for Harry to look into - at least it would be better than joining a big international rival like Sweden or Russia. He could never do such a thing; he would rather stop playing completely. At the moment he still keeps up his hopes that Finland might have an open spot and that they will approach him.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 11:13 AM by vbottas17.)

I'm currently completely open to where Thomas Bathory will be playing his IIHF hockey. After my failed bid to launch the greatest IIHF team on all time with the Hungarian national squad, it's time to look into plan B. It's long been rumored that the #1 criteria for Bathory was that the team must have Jon Toner on the squad. This makes Ireland the odds on favorite for Bathory's landing spot. However, this now seems like it is not set in stone. Ireland has such a good record in IIHF play... would they even have a spot for Thomas on the team?

Another very intriguing opportunity would be to join the Swedes. Bathory grew up in Sweden and was playing there internationally before crossing the Atlantic and joining the SMJHL. Sweden is led by Edwin Ask, Eddy Ask Jr. Is somebody that Bathory is familiar with and a future teammate once the defenseman joins the Panthers. There's a possibility that Sweden has jumped to the top of the Lions defenseman's list.

You would have to think that Norway has a strong chance as well. Bathory is well acquainted to Scandanavia and this is where he met his mentors, Jean-Luc Reflieux and Valterri Bottas. Both of whom played for team Norway despite being born outside of the country. Norway has been struggling as of late or else Bathory wouldn't question lacing up the skates for them. They have an amazing metal scene which could be huge.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Gunnar is the son of Russian and Swedish olympic athlete parents so the international stage means a lot and he would have a choice of which hockey crazed country he would like to represent. Having citizenship in both Sweden and Russia, Gunnar Petrov had a choice of which country he would like to represent in the upcoming World Junior Championships, but when Russia came calling it didn't take long for Gunnar to accept the offer.

"Oh yeah, my mother is from Sweden and I do respect my Swedish heritage but it was an easy decision. I've grown up idolizing guys like Datsyuk, Bure, and Ovi. Always been a dream to represent my birth land in any form and it's gonna be awesome to be able to do it on the ice for Russia"

Sweden

Gunnar had a disappointing rookie campaign in a limited role but the skill is definitely there and believes he is a breakout candidate for next SHL season. If given a role where he can succeed there's reason to believe that offensive breakout could just happen at the World Junior Championships and that could just be what helps put the Russian Federationover the top.

[Image: shVfVkL.png]
[Image: WNpG8YJ.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 09:59 AM by XLeafer.)

Austin Roenick is from Ireland and he is a proud irish guy. He is probably the best future irish player right now with the potential he has what he as already accomplished. He has already played in the World Junior Championship before being drafted because he was incredible in AAA hockey which was very easy for Roenick as he scored multiple goals. It is safe to say that Roenick will make the IIHF Ireland team with the way he has played the impressive the ireland management has been on him.

Roenick is for sure excited to represent his nation and try to bring gold medal to Ireland. Now Ireland has won 4 straight gold medals with the help from their good luck clover Leafer Rielly, but Roenick wants to do the same and he can for sure do that as long as he is a good player. If not Ireland, Canada would be a great team to play for. Obviously canada is the creator of this sport and they develop fantastic players. Roenick would also play for the UK because who doesn't love the english. It is the reason Roenick is part of the british isles and don't worry, he will be better than Rielly.

[Image: giphy.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: bclD7fn.png]

As the IIHF transfer deadline comes upon us and fans, general managers and the media are all speculating what players might transfer and where their destination might be. One player that they already know the destination of is Filip Zadina, and its an easy decision for him. Filip Zadina will be staying right here he is, with the Czech's. Zadina has already expressed to multiple outlets that he has no interest in trying to transfer his eligibility to another country and would prefer to player for his home town. We were able to get Zadina on the phone and his words were simple.

"I want to play in the country I trained in, developed in and became the player I am in. I owe it to the development programs their and I hope one day I can be the reason that other up and coming stars of the Czech Republic will follow in the same foot steps."

This is great news for the Czechs as they are already a good team and injecting some strong youth for the next wave of talent. Zadina has already found a nice fit in the junior league and is progressing at a very promising speed as he leads his Draft class in TPE.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.