Create Account

Strategy Restrictions
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 10:04 AM by Grapehead.)

03-27-2019, 08:49 AMLeppish Wrote:
03-26-2019, 10:33 PMJSS Wrote: LMFAO WHAT

This isn't really on Eggy or HO at all. Don't try and make people feel bad for you, you know where the retirement subforum is.

But why can't he just pay The 12M and change positions instead of starting over?  I dont see why F and D can do it but not goalies.

Because even when a forward or defenseman changes positions, they can't redistribute all of their TPE, but a goalie would have to since the attributes and update scale are different.

Not to mention I'd hate to see a bunch of knee-jerk position changes cause there's a perceived logjam of goalies, and then have that create a goalie drought instead.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

03-27-2019, 10:02 AMGrapehead Wrote:
03-27-2019, 08:49 AMLeppish Wrote: But why can't he just pay The 12M and change positions instead of starting over?  I dont see why F and D can do it but not goalies.

Because even when a forward or defenseman changes positions, they can't redistribute all of their TPE, but a goalie would have to since the attributes and update scale are different.

Not to mention I'd hate to see a bunch of knee-jerk position changes cause there's a perceived logjam of goalies, and then have that create a goalie drought instead.

Couldn't you maybe work some sort of extra payments for it based on TPE count or something though? 1mil per 50-100 tpe to make it less enticing for people to do it. I don't think there are that many users on the site who would want to pay 25+ mil to change positions while in regression.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

And of course you could add a rule so that you can't change to or from Goalies after a certain TPE count has been reached or an amount of seasons played.

03-27-2019, 11:16 AMLeppish Wrote: And of course you could add a rule so that you can't change to or from Goalies after a certain TPE count has been reached or an amount of seasons played.

What if we just allowed all players still under the 350 TPE cap to change positions for free, but once a player unbanks they are locked into their position?

Stars Battleborn Czechia

03-27-2019, 11:31 AMGrapehead Wrote:
03-27-2019, 11:16 AMLeppish Wrote: And of course you could add a rule so that you can't change to or from Goalies after a certain TPE count has been reached or an amount of seasons played.

What if we just allowed all players still under the 350 TPE cap to change positions for free, but once a player unbanks they are locked into their position?

That's a pretty good idea tbh.

03-27-2019, 11:31 AMGrapehead Wrote:

I read this once and hated it, but the more I think about it the more it sounds pretty awesome

I didn't know how important certain strengths were until well into my SHL career. Seems like high hopes expecting everyone to know what kind of player they want to be within the first few months of joining the site.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

03-27-2019, 07:07 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
03-25-2019, 10:10 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: I see people asking if someone’s being “purposefully dense”, “lmfao”, a few “smh”. What is shaking your head at someone other than expressing ridicule at the idiocy of their suggestions? Stating that the HO is too busy to deal with such pettiness? This is a suggestion thread. It is specifically what it’s here for. I’m not saying this is world war three. But this is absolutely not a civil discourse. Arguing for or against a proposal is one thing. It’s the habit of impugning the motives of others and trying to ridicule their thoughts that I have a problem with.

I told Boomcheck 5F PP is an occasionally used tactic in the NHL and then he went and argued about it not being a consistently used tactic, which is completely not what I said. Of course I'm going to call that out because he's not even trying to debate what's being said, he's twisting my words to better fit his argument. That is either being purposefully dense (ignoring and changing others' points to fit his stance, which he has done repeatedly) or just being dense in general. Discussion involves listening and acknowledging the what the other side said. He did not do that.

I never said you didn't say occasionally? I just say it's rarely used. Which isn't that far apart.

The word consistent pops up to give context to what I find alright. 4F - 1D is used consistently these days, many teams have at least 1 unit that runs this strat. Though in real life it involves more regarding the player's skill, what he can do etc. 5F - 0D is not. It's generally a desperation move. Injuries. Abysmal results.

We don't have fatigue factors in the SHL, no real risk in doing any of these. Though i'll ask you since you're in a position of power with the Chiefs, though I didn't really want to bring them up directly. Why did you thro Bobby Watson out there on the PK D despite it not working at all? Since removing him from the PP D the Chiefs PK is over 80%. hy do you run so many forwards on your PP unit? You're not the only one doing this with the PP, but i'm curious.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

03-27-2019, 03:33 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
03-27-2019, 07:07 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: I told Boomcheck 5F PP is an occasionally used tactic in the NHL and then he went and argued about it not being a consistently used tactic, which is completely not what I said. Of course I'm going to call that out because he's not even trying to debate what's being said, he's twisting my words to better fit his argument. That is either being purposefully dense (ignoring and changing others' points to fit his stance, which he has done repeatedly) or just being dense in general. Discussion involves listening and acknowledging the what the other side said. He did not do that.

I never said you didn't say occasionally? I just say it's rarely used. Which isn't that far apart.

The word consistent pops up to give context to what I find alright. 4F - 1D is used consistently these days, many teams have at least 1 unit that runs this strat. Though in real life it involves more regarding the player's skill, what he can do etc. 5F - 0D is not. It's generally a desperation move. Injuries. Abysmal results.

We don't have fatigue factors in the SHL, no real risk in doing any of these. Though i'll ask you since you're in a position of power with the Chiefs, though I didn't really want to bring them up directly. Why did you thro Bobby Watson out there on the PK D despite it not working at all? Since removing him from the PP D the Chiefs PK is over 80%. hy do you run so many forwards on your PP unit? You're not the only one doing this with the PP, but i'm curious.

Just fyi, Baelor isn't GM in MIN anymore

Stars Battleborn Czechia

03-27-2019, 07:31 PMGrapehead Wrote: Just fyi, Baelor isn't GM in MIN anymore

Are you sure? /s
[Image: nKEdz8J.png]

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

03-28-2019, 04:12 AMmajesiu Wrote:
03-27-2019, 07:31 PMGrapehead Wrote: Just fyi, Baelor isn't GM in MIN anymore

Are you sure? /s
[Image: nKEdz8J.png]

Don’t rely on that being up to date. Joe is still listed as co-GM of St.Louis.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

03-27-2019, 12:36 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: I didn't know how important certain strengths were until well into my SHL career. Seems like high hopes expecting everyone to know what kind of player they want to be within the first few months of joining the site.

It's the same when you play any other RPG kind of game though. Well maybe not the newer ones, because games these days have become super easy, but older RPG's certainly had way more depth in terms of applying skill points to attributes. Though I think everybody joining has some kind of idea what they want to be and pick their strenghts on what they think is good. Is that bad? I don't think so. That's power of a good sim, you can be who ever you want to be.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]