Create Account

Post season interview with Knute

Knutes thought on the season and looking ahed at the playoffs.

Q: The season has come to an end and the Colorado Raptors finished 10th, last, in the SMJHL regular season. Are you disappointed in the season? 

A: Well yes ofcourse I am dissapointed that we finished last place in the league. We had a rough season, many tough losses and so many of them came in overtime and the shootout. We have been working hard on trying to close out games in regulation lately as giving away one point in over time is not ideal. We have a great group of guys that is dedicated and hard working, I'm impressed with our rookies and they are starting to show improvement just as we need it for the playoffs. I believe in they guys and now we are only looking forward to make a impact in the Playoffs. 

Q: Being last in the league ment you were sellers at the deadline, trading away Center Michael Scarn to the Halifax Raiders. 

A: Yes, I think it was a hard Decision for the managemnt group, parting ways with Scarn. We were drafted in the same class of s45, they picked him 14th overall and probably imagined having him on the team until he left for the SHL. But you know.. he asked for a trade, and Mr. Frost is a honorable guy and pulled strings to make Michaels request come true. We got a decent return for him but, personally I would have liked to see him stay. But you can't force a guy to stay that does not want to be here. 

Q: How much does trading away Scarn hurt your playoff chanses? 

A: It definetly lowers our chanses of making a surprising run, hes been filling the 2nd center spot this season and now we rely on our rookie Center Jake Peralta to fill that role. He is doing a good job so far and I only expect him to improve. Jake do have the veteran presence of our Alternate Captain Nick Brain on his line to help out so I think he will do fine in the playoffs. As for Scarn I was shocked when he asked for a trade, thinking he was joking at first but he obviously wasn't, he's a great guy and I wish him all the luck in Halifax. 

Q: Game ejection and a fight, what happed there? Only 38 seconds in to the game, you get called for instigating a fight with Matt Kholin, get beat up and got ejected. 

A: Haha ye, well you know.. Troy Reynolds were Chirping Akashi SixNine and he just had enough and they dropped the gloves and started going at each other, so I was skating towards the bench, Coach was waving at me, and as I pass Matt I trip just alittle and just by reflex I reach out and grab him so I won't fall on my ass. He ended up thinking I was jumping him. He dropped the gloves and dropped me instantly, and when Novak saw Kholins gloves come of he just dicided to jump Slothface. I get the referees handing out the calls, it was all stupid, but shit happens. 

Q: You have had a pretty good individual season, leding the team in scoring for the majority of the season. 

A: Ye, for me individually it has been a great season, but it doesn't matter when the team is struggling. We are the team with the least goals scored and I feel I have to improve my shot alot to be of more value to the team. We have been very top heavy this season and I expect that to change as our rookies adjust and develop. Playoffs is just about to begin and what you did in the regular season might not matter at all, the playoffs is a whole other game. 

Q: What is you expectations for the playoffs as a team? 

A: I believe we can upset any team we face, coming in as the clear underdog teams might underestimate us. They should not, with Darrow and Novak on in the line up we have two big playoff performers and I believe that both Nick Brain and Parker Smeb will have a great impact. And ofcourse I'm excited to see the rookies steping up in big games. Julio Tokolosh has taken some big steps this season and I think he is going to be a star player for us in the coming seasons and a great pick up for any of the SHL teams. 

Q: You recently signed a 3 year contract with San Francisco Pride worth 9 milion, are you pleased with the deal? 

A: Yes I'm very happy with it, had some discussions with Grapehead and this seems to be a fair deal for both me and the team. It also feels great to have some term on the contract, gives some security and you know, I'm rich now. 

Q: The Raptors are going up against Halifax Raiders in the wildcard, what do you think of the series? 

A: Halifax has a good team, lots of big name players, they just haven't klicked in the regular season. It will sure be a tough series for us but I strongly belive we will come out on top. Even if we finished last innthe regular season I have high hopes for us in the playoffs. 

Q: How does it feel being matched up against Michale Scarn, an old team mate, as earley as the first round? 

A: Well, I have no grudge with him, but it does make me want to win even more. Prove that he should have stayed with the Raptors. As I said it was a tough blow when he asked to be traded. 

Q: Final Question, 44 points in the regular season, 9 goals and 35 assists. 35 assists is the most of any player in the SMJHL this season. It is the most point by a Raptor since Alex Winters played on the team back in season 43 and put up 47 points. 

A: Yes, it is a nice feeling proving to myself that I can be a top player at this level, I just hope that I can continue producing and setting up my teammates in the playoffs. Last season I had a rough ending to the post season but I personaly belive I have improved alot since then and my stats back that up.

Word count: 1094 not a native.

[Image: knute.jpg]

NOOT NOOT

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 05:03 PM by TnlAstatine.)

noot noot going HAM IN THE OFFSEASON

erm i meant post-season.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

NOOT

pride

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]