Create Account

Falcons on being up 3-1

How does it feel to be up on the tally?

"Feels quite good, to be honest, we are playing good hockey our Special Teams is clicking. JHas is doing really well as our backbone. We are pressuring the defense. Forechecking really well, um we have exception 5v5 and it's really affecting the team in good ways. The team is selfless we have one of the best locker rooms in the league. I believe our team feels good about themselves and it affects our confidence and in return we win games for that great confidence."

Having a goal, and 2 assists as a rookie in the SMJHL how does that feel?

Feels great guys are passing the puck, we are a pass first team, and that just shows a lot about our guys in the locker room the experience in there is beyond belief and it really helps our team become something of its own. Detroit fans are behind us right now which has also helped us become a really strong team. We are confident we can win some hockey guys, and ultimately we believe in ourselves enough where we can focus on our next game against Vancouver, and hopefully move on to the next round.

Your former Locker room, not a former team is doing really well the Halifax Raiders, How do you feel about that?

It feels good, I am good friends with Sloth over there in that Raiders Organization, we have talked a couple of times we both like hanging out. Love Sloth fantastic guy, and one heck of a hockey player. Hopefully he can do some good wherever he goes in the SHL, and hopefully, I will meet him up there on the same team or even on a different team. Glad to have him as a friend.

You have come to your senses and have obviously humbled yourself with Detroit and ultimately what happened in Halifax, can you speak a little bit about that?

"Yeah, obviously I went into the Halifax Organization hoping to become the next Captain of the Halifax. I came in way to hot. Kind of fell back when I was dropped, but um Detroit and Tig kind of picked me back up and put me on some training wheels. Just now getting the hang of it. I still have the fiery passion inside to become a Captain one day, but I have noticed you need to mature as a player become that of a humble self, and I am really beginning to get it. Not about numbers, not about the Letter on your jerseys, at the end of the day it is about the team as a whole as an organization getting together as a family and winning games. That's what counts I have learned that over this journey. I want to thank the Halifax Organization deeply for what they have done for me. If I would never have been dropped I wouldn't have taken the step back and noticed what had happened to me as a person, and a player. So I still feel at home with a lot of the guys in Halifax, but Detroit is now my home. I love the fans here, and a great organization that comes with it."

We also got to catch up with your parents in Stockholm, and heard that they were here for your goal game, wanna tell us a little bit about that?

So yeah I bought some tickets for them to come here to Detroit, and bought them a couple tickets in the VIP Section. They loved the food, they loved the stadium. Most importantly they liked coming in and meeting the guys in the locker room. My dad was a bit hesitant as a former hockey coach himself to come in and meet the guys, but he did it and he really enjoyed it. We got to go out and eat at Townhouse Detroit. Great food they loved it there, but they aren't taking a flight back just yet they decided they would stay with me, they bought themselves their own tickets to hopefully see us win against Vancouver. So was super happy to get to see them for the first time since I came over to the league last year. Nothing, but love for my parents here in Detroit.

Also we saw lines updating for the international team you went up a few spots.

Yeah, I am super excited to be apart of the long line of guys who came through Sweden. Great guys in that locker room as well. Great to see I am improving is what I am seeing. Seeing that has made me more confident in my own game so really super excited to be getting a chance to run with the big boys in Sweden International a lot of great players who I have watched as a kid I am getting the priviledge to play with and it's a really great atmosphere. I also get to speak my native language which is something I don't do very often anymore haha. Not many people in Detroit speak Swedish so I was excited to get back into practice for that, but in all seriousness I really do enjoy being apart of the Swedish International Team it's fun hockey, and I can't wait for next International event to take place. 

We also got to head out to stockholm while on the trip speaking to your parents a few weeks ago we got to go see the rink you used to play at.

The old bridge center fun times there. Hockey was interesting there always fun hockey, we had Swedish Professional Hockey play there we had a few other events so super fun times in Stockholm, but yeah I miss it a lot it was a lot of fun with my friends back in school we used to play hockey all the time. Pond hockey, rink hockey, roller hockey. All types of stuff like that it was super fun to do those types of things late night. I definitely think I have matured as a person, and as a hockey player from playing in the Bridge. I learned a lot from my time there from the triumph and the failures. My dad was my coach for most of my life, and he was definitely my biggest supporter.

Well it was nice speaking to you, but until next time hopefully we see you in the next round.

Thank You, Go Falcons!!! SKREEEEEE!!! Hopefully I will talk to you again after a Falcons win tomorrow.

Falcons

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Glad you’re finding success my dude! Just don’t do it against Halifax please

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Falcons

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

03-26-2019, 11:39 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Glad you’re finding success my dude!  Just don’t do it against Halifax please

Don't worry, we aren't expecting to meet Halifax in the playoffs

03-26-2019, 11:39 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: Glad you’re finding success my dude!  Just don’t do it against Halifax please

Hey I am hoping we will be teammates up in the big leagues sooner or later. don't worry about that, but if we play against you in Playoffs. Your out of luck buddy we will do our best to win games.