Create Account

S47 Interested Prospects Thread

[Image: sfpride-banner.png]

The S47 Draft is fast approaching, and we in San Francisco are preparing to add to our hoard of talented prospects. We have some questions we like to ask of potential draftees, and we'd love if you took a few minutes to answer them. If you would like to know anything about us please feel free to include a question in your reply, or contact me via PM anytime.

How would you feel about being drafted by the Pride?

We are a discord heavy team. How do you feel about using discord?

Involved in any other sim leagues? If so, what sim league takes priority?

How active have you found yourself to be on the SHL so far?

Who is your preferred player render? (in case tweedle wants to make u a smexy sig)

Anyone on the Pride you dislike or are hesitant to play with? (Feel free to PM Grapehead if you don't want to say it in public)

How many seasons would you want to stay in the SMJHL?

What frustrates or annoys you about the SHL?

Do you have aspirations of becoming an SMJHL or SHL GM someday?

What keeps you busy in your every day life? (School, Job, etc)

Do you like Van Halen better with David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?

What's the last TV show you watched?

What's your favourite meal?

Finally, please provide a gif of your choosing, and slap that sucker at the bottom of your reply!

Cheers
pridepridepride

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

It would be an honor to be selected by the Pride, and I have full confidence that whichever team selects me will not be disappointed by my hard work and loyalty to their organization.
This is exactly what I am looking for in an organization, and I have already experienced an active discord LR during my time in Detroit. Discord is a great program and it will help us stay connected, support each other and build relationships.
Nope, I've tried a few others but none of them really clicked with me as much as the SHL has, so I've dropped most of the others to focus primarily on this league.
Very active in fact, I'm probably checking the site at least once or twice a day for interesting discussions and analysis of players, as well as looking for TPE opportunities.
Who is your preferred player render? (in case tweedle wants to make u a smexy sig)
I've been rocking Daniel Alfredsson up to this point in my career.
Anyone on the Pride you dislike or are hesitant to play with? (Feel free to PM Grapehead if you don't want to say it in public)
I don't know many people in this league yet so I am excited to meet people, and then we will see if I dislike anyone. Laughing
For as long as it takes in my development to make my way up the depth chart into the SHL. I want to help Detroit win a Four-Star cup but the ultimate goal is to play in the SHL.
Not much, playoff length is an iffy subject for me because I love watching my player play and we are out of the playoffs. Other than that, there are alot of differing opinions on certain things and hostility in some cases but that should be expected in an online competitive environment.
Yes indeed I do, I'm currently a management intern for the Detroit Falcons where they are going to start letting me in on front-office decisions and teach me what it takes to be an SMJHL GM, then I will work my way up from there.
What keeps you busy in your everyday life? (School, Job, etc)
I currently attend a college in my region, in a program for elementary school teaching. I also have a job that I am quitting soon at a grocery store nearby and then will start earning work experience hours working directly with kids in preparation for the next step in my education. I also enjoy going outdoors and playing sports and enjoying nature.
I don't really have an opinion on this topic Laughing
I like courtroom and police shows, so SWAT and Suits are two that I am into currently.
What's your favorite meal?
Man, you cannot go wrong with solid poutine.
Finally, please provide a gif of your choosing, and slap that sucker at the bottom of your reply!
I am not very technologically capable on this forum so I'm not sure how to post gifs Hmm

[Image: sfpride-banner.png]

The S47 Draft is fast approaching, and we in San Francisco are preparing to add to our hoard of talented prospects. We have some questions we like to ask of potential draftees, and we'd love if you took a few minutes to answer them. If you would like to know anything about us please feel free to include a question in your reply, or contact me via PM anytime.

Prideful - puns included.

Love it, use it daily, most of my communication in on Discord.

I am in a few. None take priority as of right now, they all are on different stages of the season. This was however my first sim league.

Very active on boards and discord, though was recently told I was quiet.. Didn't think I was but there it is.

Brett Burns The Squach

Jiggly and Beaver - Jiggles loves Spider Gwen... We may get caught up in that talk or years.. Beaver cause well I mean have you seen his beaver tail. /s. I honestly don't think I have any issues with anyone in SHL. If I do I'm oblivious about it.

1-2 more. 

Can feel a bit exclusive at time, but comes with the territory for a deep community.

Not currently, but plans change. I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Job, I work as a Sales Rep for a Beverage Can supplier, so I work at a computer most the time. The rest is spent playing vidja games and hanging w/ the wifey

DLR, Sammy should keep making budget ass Tequila.

Santa Clarita Diet

Steak and Shrimp

[Image: giphy.gif]

Cheers
pridepridepride

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

I think I would definitely feel pretty good about it!

We are a Discord heavy team. How do you feel about using Discord?
Good, I think Discord is a great way to communicate.

I am in a couple of other sim leagues, but definitely give priority to SHL.

Pretty active, I think I've earned all available TPE so far. I check the site at least once a day and check Discord regularly.

Who is your preferred player render?
Dylan Larkin

Anyone on the Pride you dislike or are hesitant to play with?
I don't know many people here yet so I doubt it

One more for sure, maybe two.

Not very much. Playoffs and offseason seem to be a bit long but that's not a huge deal to me.

Maybe, but I don't know. Seems like a big commitment. 

What keeps you busy in your everyday life?
I have two jobs but that's about it.

Uhhhh I only listen to pop punk music so I have no idea.

FRIENDS

What's your favorite meal?
Probably would have to say lasagna. 

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=790b76115ca587163266665467436560]

I would feel excited.

I have to admit that it's growing on me and I'm using it more than I originally thought I would.

Only this one here.

Surprisingly active, because it's a lot of fun.

I don't have a preferred player render, I've used different Finnish goalies in my sigs (mostly younger ones). That's probably what I'm limiting myself to, but I haven't picked one.

I don't even know anyone, so I can't really answer that.

As many as necessary. I'd like to be the starter at some point.

That it's actually a really complex system with lots of rules and it takes a while to understand it. I know quite a bit more now than when I started, but there's still things I don't quite understand.

To be honest, not really, at least not in the near future. I don't think I could invest that much time, but you never know.

I work full time.

I don't really care (not a fan), but probably with DLR.

I'm currenty rewatching Modern Family.

Indian or Italian.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 01:56 PM by BDonini.)

Very very good, I had them high up in my ranking article
san francisco pride 11/10 team name
must play for

it's pretty much the only place we talk in the anaheim lr so i use it a lot already

nope, just SHL

during peak school periods still active enough to make sure i don't miss any tpe, during more relaxed school periods active enough to contribute around the site besides just on my player and my lr 

timo meier (i very much enjoy smexy sigs btw)

nope, just one or two people i recognize from my first time on the site but i didn't really know them then

at least 1 or 2, i like it in anaheim, but ultimately i don't mind doing whatever my SHL gm thinks is best

these playoffs are so damn long. i really don't remember them being this long

yea I used to be a co-GM in Kelowna around S12-S17ish and would love to move up this time around either as an SMJHL GM or an SHL Co

school, got some peak school periods where i'll be less active on the site but still talking on discord and updating my player

uhhh i don't really know any van halen music Confused

trying to catch up on Gotham and Shameless, fell behind a little in the last seasons

depends my mood but can never go wrong with a (real) pizza

[Image: tumblr_op6jjlOFgq1ufzelwo1_400.png]
(she isn't pizza if she doesn't look something like this)

the rest of your day is over now, please enjoy this on repeat for a couple hours
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3543406]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 03:21 PM by Fordyford.)

I'd like to get picked early ish, but I'd feel good about whoever drafted me (except if I'm last picked, in which case I'll be a bit salty)

The Armada is incredibly Discord heavy, so I'm down.

Nope. PBE looks fun, so I might get involved after I finish my exams and stuff, but for now I'm good, and SHL will take priority anyways.

Very, because I'm bored and have nothing better to do.

My boy Edler

I don't really know anyone, so not yet. (But I hear EJ is getting called up and EJ is amazing so that's one in the plus column.)

3 or 4 sounds about right, but I'm not that bothered.

I think it's pretty good. But the PBP lottery seems a bit of a stupid way to earn TPE

Maybe, but not for a while.

School. Going to uni next year so that's a thing

David Lee Roth. I mean you have to go with the OG right..

I'm rewatching Game of Thrones to prepare my body. Also, Daredevil. That was good.

The nearest meal. 
If you wan't an actual answer, a proper cheeseburger. (homemade)

[Image: 200.webp?cid=790b76115ca8d0f876545a3267dfe389]

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 03:21 PM by Fordyford.)

Whoops

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

I'm a first gen with no real biases. i like Knute, and i've enjoyed talking with Ace, but outside of that i'm just hoping to get drafted and ply my trade.

i use it.

none

much more active than i anticipated. im on for an hour + each day. i love keeping up with the media.

An ill proportioned cow on skates. if you're forcing me to identify as a human, Dion Phaneuf. but I'm a cow.

too new to dislike anyone.

no preference. I'm enjoying my time there. the smaller rosters and fewer teams has meant that i've gotten to learn players more easily.

not knowing someone's discord name when talking on the forum, or not knowing thier username and player name when on discord.

I would like to become a GM. i dont have a PC, so learning the patterns of team building could be tricky, but i've enjoyed learning about it so far.

I have a job that i enjoy as an art director at a screenprinting and promotional goods shop.

DLR

My fiance cant fall asleep unless the office, new girl, or parks and recs is looping endlessly in the background. the last one i've watched on my own terms was Barry. i love HBO.

something home cooked, realtively healthy, but with 2 extra servings because its a special occasion. spaghetti and shrimp.

i couldn't find the full one, but you get the idea.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

super pumped and honored and all that Smile 

I'm on discord alllll the time. I'm always logged in on my phone so if I'm awake I'm probably reachable. I am one of those internet-addicted millennials. 

nope just this one!

I'm always lurking. I have a desk job with a decent amount of downtime so I usually have a tab or two open. 

William Nylander

No, I haven't been here long enough to make any enemies. 

As many as it makes sense for me to stay (I'm not in a huge rush to move up if there's not room for me yet).

I don't think anything really. I was mildly frustrated to find that the sim won't fully run on my mac, but I would probably make a terrible GM anyway. 

See above. (nah not really)

I have a full time job and I play a lot of D&D on the weekends. I also go to bed very early because I am old. 

I'm sorry I don't have any preference as I only know about three Van Halen songs total, but I will go do some research if I need to. (I actually have a lot of opinions about music but not a lot of them are about hard rock). 

I watched wrestlemania last night does that count? (my top three are currently Brooklyn Nine-Nine, the Good Place, and Schitt's Creek)

mashed potatoes and meatballs but like, an entire mountain of mashed potatoes and two or three meatballs, the proportions have to be right. 

[Image: bsMQ9D.gif]

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

If the Pride want me on the roster and see me in their plans, I'll be stoked

I don't mind. If it gets super active I'll likely miss some stuff that's going on though

This is my only player sim league. I am in another league where I am a GM. I look at both leagues equally

I would say I've been around a 7-8 on a scale of 1-10.

Mikko Rantanen

Not that I know of, no.

I would say another 2 probably, but who knows how things go. The core in Vancouver is great and hoping we can stay together and win some Cups together.

There was a lot of drama back in the day, but since coming back I don't think I've encountered anything too terrible Tongue

I don't think I can manage it with my time restrictions. However, I do enjoy helping out my teams with the sim, lines, strats, etc.

I work full-time, so that takes up the majority of my time

I didn't listen to rock music very much, so I can't answer this Confused

I watched Breaking Bad fully, and I've been watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine on and off with my gf

I can't choose just one, there's so many good things out there.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Good.

Im always on discord.

PBE, im GM there. NSFL, im the best. SBA, im the best. GOMHL, im a future HOF.

110%

Kucherov

Im jealous of tweedle on how sexy he is.

When im ready.

pushkin

Yes

School and part time job

yeah

bbt

rice and chicken

Would be pretty happy to be drafted to a team with what seems like a bright future ahead!

Discord is good, I use it a lot.

No other leagues, just this one.

Pretty active I'd say. I'd also say I don't post as much as I am active.

Mitch Marner

Don't really know anyone tbh.

At least 1 or 2 more. The Whalers have a really good shot at winning the cup so I'd like to get that before moving on up.

It doesn't have the most user-friendly interface, but once you figure it out it's pretty much fine.

Potentially one day, as of now now, just wanna focus on my player.

College, hopefully job after I graduate in the next month and I have a ball hockey league + ice hockey pickup games I do.

Tbh no idea, but I'll throw out a random one. Sammy Hagar.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Season 2 just released. Gotta love them Netflix shows.

Probably a nice steak with pasta, pretty hard to beat that I think.

[Image: dCTCbcB.gif]

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I would feel pretty good about it as it seems the Pride have a bright future ahead.

I love using discord so there is nor problem there.

I'm a part of PBE sim league but haven't been active on there recently. SHL takes priority.

I have been very active so far by creating media, only missing one TPE opportunity, and being active in Vancouver's locker room.

I prefer Jake Guentzel because Pens fan (and people have told me I kinda look like him but I don't see it.)

No one I know of at the moment!

At least 2 more seasons. Vancouver has a really good window in these next 2-3 seasons to win the championship because we have about 8 very active rookies (If you haven't taken a look at them yet, do it now. They're awesome) and I want to get at least one championship with those boys.

Nothing at the moment has annoyed me. I'm relatively new so I haven't had all that much time to see everything happen.

I would absolutely love to become a GM one day. 

I attend university and work retail, but I intend to replace retail with an internship this summer.

Oof that's a tough one. I think I'd have to say Sammy Hagar.

Last show watched fully: The Office
Current show watching: Law & Order SVU

Probably a pretty basic option but my favorite meal is just pizza and breadsticks.

[Image: tumblr_m2jitzCp4n1rsaq0to1_r2_500.gif]

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

Would be so excited

I used discord all the time

I am involved in about 10 including 3 I am moderator in. SHL takes the pie in Priority

At least an hour a day

Kaapo Kakko

No One at all. Love everyone and am friendly to everyone

I have no preference, whenever my SHL team wants to call me up thats what will happen no need in arguing about it.

Nothing from what I see so far

Yes I have since I began

College, Job

hagar

Stranger Things

I'm an adventurer foodie. So I am gonna say I will pick Coconut Chicken Curry.