Create Account

S46 SMJHL PT 6 - Highlight Reel
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019, 12:17 PM by ej27.)

You've done a lot of cool new things this season - what's on your highlight reel?

Task

Written option: Tell us about at least three things on your highlight reel from this season - they don't necessarily have to be things you did on the ice, though of course those are acceptable. Must include 150 words.

Graphic option: Make a graphic of your #1 highlight moment from this season, whatever that may be. Must include a render of some kind (but if that's a Paint stick figure, that works) and be intelligible.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S46 SMJHL Rookies (S47 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday 4/7 @ 10am CST

Link PBE and NSFL welfare claims here for credit.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

My first game would for sure be number one on that list. Being told out of nowhere that you're getting the chance, having to hurry to get my parents on a flight and watch it. It was just phenomenal. Seeing my mothers tears and the proud look of my father when my name was announced in the speakers.

Another one would have to be my first shutout. This is a league where shutouts arent very easy to come by, especially as a rookie goaltender. Of course my team should be given a lot of the credit, a goalie is only as good as the team in front of him. So that was amazing.

The last one i'll mention is at the end of the regular season when i realised that my stats were on par with the best in the league, being top 3 in several stats and having a 10-1-1 rookie campaign.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2019, 10:34 AM by Randominoe.)

1 - Espen is Drafted

Espen had been dreaming since he was a child of one day being drafted into the SMJHL which would jumpstart his career into the SHL. He did not have to wait long to hear his name called as his production in the Norwegian Minor Hockey system alongside his activity pertaining to generating a cash flow caught the eye of the Detroit Falcons, and he got to hear his name come directly from his future GM himself, something most rookies will never experience.

2 - Espen’s First Regular Season Game

When Espen finally stepped onto the ice to warmup for his first game, it was like nothing he ever expected. As per tradition, his first lap was taken solo and the Falcon fans honoured him with chants of “ESPENNNNNNN” “ESPENNNN” as well as numerous skrees from all over the stadium. Espen knew he had to repay the fans and that he did by setting up Gabster TheMagnificent for the game tying goal late in the game which would push the Falcons to a dominant overtime and ultimate shootout victory, Gabster even hand delivered the puck to him after the game, labeled “First of Many Career Points”.

3 - Espen’s First Taste of the Playoffs

Going into the postseason as the ninth seeded team meant there were many obstacles in the path of the Falcons en route to potentially their first Four-Star cup of the Espen era. They faced the number 7 seeded Vancouver Whalers in the first round and analysts had them going out in five games. However, Espen had other plans for the Falcons’ rivals from the west coast. He took a stranglehold of the series by scoring 5 goals in 5 games, 3 of them being game winning goals as well as one game tying goal that sent the Falcons to overtime in the series clinching game, and eventuay sending home the loud mouthed whalers in 5 games, like no one had predicted.

With the season Theo Morgan had, the highlight reel isn't particularly hard to put together. There were very few moments which would make the cut. However, here is my top 3 for my first SMJHL season:

1. First SMJHL game. This is an opportunity every kid dreams of and it finally came true. To train for all these years and finally make it where you've wanted to is extremely rewarding. I signed as a free agent with Vancouver and had much less time to get accustomed to the team and find some chemistry with the guys, but I did what I could. Playing that first game was surreal. Seeing the fans, being out there so close to home, it was truly incredible. Unfortunately, nothing came of it stats-wise, but that will come.

2. First SMJHL goal. It took four games to get there, but it finally happened. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Off an offensive zone faceoff we won it back to the point and I curled to the front of the net. The D passed the puck to Goose and he took a shot on net. I saw it coming and deflected the puck between the goalie's legs. I had my back to the net but I heard the crowd yell and knew it went in. I still have the puck at home.

3. Playoff Experience. While our stint in the playoffs didn't go as we had hoped, the experience was valuable and will surely help us next season. The playoffs is also where I realized I can keep up with the best in this league. The season was a tough one for me to get used to, but I finally found my stride, scoring 4 goals in the 5 games against Detroit. A great improvement from the season, but one that I will surely take in to next season and build off of. I hope to be a force in Vancouver and help us win a Four Star Cup.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Tony Ford had a tough season, but he did have some moments. My top 3 moments, in no particular order, are:

First Game: Obviously this one was huge, and while the game didn't end as I may have hoped, it was a great experience. Not only was it my first game, but also a really good one, with a 5-3 final score against a solid Montreal team. Maybe we'll meet again in the finals (I believe).

Breaking the drought: There was a long difficult spell for me this season, going 23 games without a point. Breaking that in a 5-2 win against Anaheim, I shot the puck wide, Dean Colt picked it up behind the net and fired it around into the corner. Great game, and a satisfying way to end the streak.

Playoff GWG: Picture the scene. Game three of the first playoff series I ever played in. The score is tied at 1-1 in the second. It's the first away game, and we need to take the momentum in the series desperately. I've come on for the first shift after we were scored upon a minute ago. We're in the offensive zone, passing it around. Dean Colt III drops it to the back of the defensive zone, and I let rip. The moment that shot left the stick I knew it was good. Patrice Nadeau stood no chance. We then managed to keep them off for the last half of the game, and the rest is history. What a moment.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

My first highlight would be my first game with Lethbridge without a doubt. Actually I should say my first full game, because my first actual game experience was relatively short; our starter got pulled and I finished the game which was relatively uneventful (2 shots, 2 saves). Unfortunately, I had to wait for my first win a little longer, but I'll always remember the first time starting a game.

The second highlight came relatively late in the season, in fact it was the second last game of the season and we played Halifax. Out of all games this was definitely my best, because that's when I had my first shutout and I was named number one star of the game. Obviously this also means that my team played very well defensively, because every win is a team effort.

The third highlight is not a single game or situation, but the overall experience I've had with my new team. Even though we didn't make it very far in the playoffs, we’ve had quite a successful season for a second year expansion team. I can’t wait for next season and I hope to be able to play a bigger role then.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

[Image: s1acT49.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

The first big highlight of Nicolaj’s career has to be his fourth game with the Scarecrows where he got his first two goals. After entering the SMJHL very late in the season, he was quick to putting up points for his team. These two goals lead his team to the win, and he received first star recognitions.

The second big highlight would be scoring his third goal. Not because he scored a goal, but because he helped his fellow rookie teammate Noah Gallagher get his first career SMJHL point. As soon as Muller joined the team, he noticed that Gallagher had yet to get a point in the league. He made it his case to get him one. And in this game he helped him get one.

The third big highlight takes place in the third game of the SMJHL playoffs between the Scarecrows and the Raiders. Muller recorded his first Playoff goal early in the game. This helped his team lead the series against their first foe of the playoffs

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

For Joe Ackryod, this season has been much more than he ever could have expected. Being drafted, moving across the country, and clocking valuable minutes for his team, it will be hard to choose only 3 moments. 

1. After being drafted, Joe took a huge first step, moving from Hamilton Ontario, across the country to Vancouver. If that wasn't a big enough step, he certainly felt proud to buy his first apartment. Sure, he had lived in a dorm during college, but this was the first space that he could call his own. It had a great view of the water front, and truly made him feel at home.

2. Ackryod put a lot of work early on into his defensive game. This showed up, as he finished the season with 58 shots blocked, good for 10th in the SMJHL. While everyone knows that flashy offence grabs the headlines, Joe knew that he would have to be proficient in defensive in order to ensure he would have a long career in the league. Joe stated, "I put a lot of pride in my defensive work. I've always been a huge believer in contributing in any way possible, in order to help the team win. And if that means getting down to block shots, then I am ok with that." 

3. Perhaps Joe's most proud moment was being selected to be apart of Team Canada's World Junior team. Ackryod said that the moment he got the call to join the team, he felt as good as when he got drafted. "I have always dreamed of putting on the red and white to represent my country. It's a honour that few people ever get. And I will be sure to do my everything to make our country proud!"

[Image: Ackroyd.png]

[Image: zRNCZ6u.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 02:32 PM by Lunatyck.)

Falcons Przemysław Brzeszczyczkiewicz Highlight Reel S46  Falcons

PB gets drafted. 
Coming into the SMJHL, Przemek had low hopes for catching the eye of SMJHL GMs as he knew that the league which he developed through was far from elite in comparison to his draft peers. However, Przemek continued to work hard and stayed focus enough to catch a ride to Detroit after a 5th round selection by the Falcons.  Rumor is Papa Mirek drank a whole fifth of homemade moonshine in celebration while Mama PB recited the rosary 14 times in celebration saying that only Jesus can accomplish such great things.

PB's first fight 
As we know, Przemek comes from the mountains of Poland where one must have thick skin to make it through alive. Luckily, PB's background of farming, bear wrestling, and old school European upringings prepped him for his one and only fight this season vs Montreal's temporary player via Seattle's calldown, Pavel Pivonka. In a full out bench brawl, Pivonka picked a fight with the wrong Slav and got his ass kicked by the Polish heavyweight. Serves him right for chirping at PB throughtout the game and it sent a strong message to the league that Kielbasa Kock is here to rock if you want to throw it down.

PB's playoff experience 
With a sub-optimal regular season by PB and a slow first half from the Falcons overall, many doubted the possibility of solid contention by the red birds come playoff time. However the team really came together and gelled well leading into the playoffs, resulting in a first round win versus the despised Whalers. PB was promoted to the 3rd line (albeit in a RW slot) and saw increased ice time after he improved his skating, endurance, and positioning substantially throughout the season. It was clear to see that PB enjoyed the increased deployment and its obvious that PB has really gained confidence in this league. SHL scouts and analysts are rumored to be keeping tabs on the Polish rocket, and we expect great things out of the Hussar in the near future.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

PBE PT Welfare Claim

200 words

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Obviously my first highlight was the first "rookie skate" during a home game with my fellow rookies, Ive been waiting for that day for a long time now, and all i have next is the rookie skate in the SHL. The second highlight for me would be my first ever goal, I didnt score many of them, but that first one was the biggest for me, because it was against Kelowna, and fuck them. My third highlight is a bit of a weird one. I technically didnt have a single fight this season, technically, cause i learned against Montreal that anything that happens before the first puck drop doesnt count as a penalty. So when Marc Hagan and I decided to finish some unsettled Prospect Showcase business during warm ups, we gave the fans in Montreal a little something to look forward to during the rest of the game. That fight actually made us respect eachother more, so i think all in all even though it doesnt technically count as my first fight, it was memorable to say the least. Btw Marc, thanks for not pressing charges on that one...

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

There have been a couple highlights for the season for Martijn Westbroek:

#1 - Seeing Khan Smeb go undrafted in the SMJHL. He was beginning to lose faith in the intelligence of the GM's in the SMJHL after falling to the 3rd round as there was clearly some league-wide deficit present. When Smeb kept falling and was eventually undrafted, it restored a little faith that either the GM's had a tiny bit of a clue about talent or they were just lucky enough to forget he existed.

#2 - Dzelme's call up. Thanks to the NEW GM not caring about anyone else but himself, Martijn was able to secure himself a spot on the 1st line for like two games. It was the best cardio workout he'd had all season and it made him look good to the bimbo he had down for the weekend. While many on the Outlaws were mad about this call up, it was a blessing in disguise for Martijn.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

First goal a game winner - held goalless through my first 19 games, I finally picked up my first in game #20 vs. Colorado. 8 minutes into the 3rd period, with the game tied 1-1, I snuck in front of the net and Leopold Lockhart's pass found me in perfect rhythm to slip it past the goalie. We held on for the 2-1 win :) and I've got the puck to cherish the moment forever. 

First playoff series win - I'm more of a team guy than a me-first lad, so I was stoked that the boats moved past Lethbridge in the first round of the playoffs, sealing things with a 5-1 win in Game 5 to win the series. I didn't do shit in that game but hopping onto the ice to celebrate with the homies was tight as hell, the first moment of elation of (I hope) many to come.

First threesome

Seeing a real life otter - Otters, now that's the truest homies to me. I was going for a hike just a half hour outside of Anchorage and I came across a river. I stayed out there for hours, making otter calls and hoping I'd finally meet one of my long lost brethren. Just when I was ready to give up and head back, I saw one lone otter making his way down the river towards me. He swam right up to the bank where I was and walked up to me. I gave that dude a sour patch kid and he ate that shit right up. It was love at first sight. I brought my new best friend back to Anchorage with me and he lives in my spare bedroom now, which we've converted into a mini-biosphere with a rotating rapids and plenty of greenery. I've been spending most of my contract money on fish but that's ok. Don't tell the Anchorage Police Department.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway