Create Account

SHL Banking v0.4
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 10:08 AM by .bojo.)

SHL Banking v0.4

The banking system is just about finished now. I haven't added a whole lot of features instead focusing on cleaning up the code.

I did add the following:
- export a user's banking account to a CSV file
- export the league's bank balances as a fallback if to our exisitng system if necessary
- some basic logging in the backend
- add deposits via team

I had considered limiting the training to once a week, but since there is a bit of gray area about when it starts and when it ends I leave that up to the updaters for now, just like before. Plus there's no advantage to a user doing too many trainings in a week if an updater catches it. This might be something I revisit later, but without clear requirements about it I'll leave it to the existing system.

I will have one more update where I prevent a user from making a transaction if it would put him under $1,500,000, where the only way to go under is through a banker.

At this point of the project I'd like to get this tested out. I'm hoping @DrunkenTeddy might do a more technical run through himself to bring up any concerns from his POV, and then ask some bankers to give it a test run. That would include assigning users to teams, adding initial deposits from the existing bank spreadsheet, and trying out approve/denying requests, and undoing transactions. Basically need some help from HO to help organize and get things in motion.

Just wanted to state why this project is being done real quick. The overall goal is to make SHL better. Breaking that down that means modernizing how we do things, automating repetitive actions, simplifying common processes, tracking history better, and making jobs much easier. I had gotten some resistance to the banking system. I won't pretend that it's perfect, but I believe that it will achieve those goals I mentioned. And I hope that when this system becomes standard that I can continue developing for the SHL. High end goals include automating TPE system and easier player updates.

edit: followup post:

Oh, idk why this was put in rulebook. Did I do that? i honestly don't remember. lol

Just gonna bump this instead of making a new thread. I'll be making a video tutorials; one for general use and one more detailed for bankers. I was going to do it earlier but I caught a small cold and I didn't want to sound like a drowsy schmuck for something like this. Hopefully this weekend.

I'm going to try to list out some sort of plan of attack. no hard dates yet, but just things to do.

By this weekend
- video tutorial: general
- video tutorial: banker

A few days after the tutorials
- "freeze" the bank

A few days after freeze
- catching up all transactions in old system
- transfer bank balances to new system
- add links on forum to main bank page

by start of preseason
- unfreeze and open to public

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Good job bojo, if you need help testing let me know, I mainly update on mobile so I can tell you how the mobile experience goes.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

03-31-2019, 04:09 PMluketd Wrote: Good job bojo, if you need help testing let me know, I mainly update on mobile so I can tell you how the mobile experience goes.

Yeah absolutely. I have a checklist of sorts but I forgot to post it. I'll post when I get back.

Looking forward to getting this going.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Bojo genius

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Ilike

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Nice work bojo

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Good stuff Mr. Bojo!

[Image: 3.png]

04-01-2019, 09:26 AMMike lzzy Wrote: Good stuff Mr. Bojo!

Rolleyes

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

04-01-2019, 09:36 AMMike Izzy Wrote:
04-01-2019, 09:26 AMMike lzzy Wrote: Good stuff Mr. Bojo!

Rolleyes

[Image: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg]

[Image: 3.png]

Now if we could just do something like this for updating...

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

04-01-2019, 11:44 AMAce Wrote: Now if we could just do something like this for updating...

Let's get this working first, and then i'll jump over to something like that. I think if this goes well, the next step in the road map would the TPE part of player updates. Just to calculate the total at least. AC's and trainings would be added automagically. Point tasks could be added similar to how bankers would do deposits. The equipment part is just going to be the biggest hassle, but it's doable.

Oh, idk why this was put in rulebook. Did I do that? i honestly don't remember. lol

Just gonna bump this instead of making a new thread. I'll be making a video tutorials; one for general use and one more detailed for bankers. I was going to do it earlier but I caught a small cold and I didn't want to sound like a drowsy schmuck for something like this. Hopefully this weekend.

I'm going to try to list out some sort of plan of attack. no hard dates yet, but just things to do.

By this weekend
- video tutorial: general
- video tutorial: banker

A few days after the tutorials
- "freeze" the bank

A few days after freeze
- catching up all transactions in old system
- transfer bank balances to new system
- add links on forum to main bank page

by start of preseason
- unfreeze and open to public

moved the thread back to shl discussion. idk if posted it originally in rulebook or if it got moved, but it doesn't need to be there yet. that way people can comment if they need

Is this gonna be ready by reg ssn start

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates