Create Account

Simulation Lacrosse League
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019, 10:59 PM by Noble.)

#GrowTheGame

I've been playing lacrosse since I was six years old, and the whole time that message has been what every single member of the lacrosse community has preached. I've grown up watching lacrosse develop in my city, and as we got a professional team I saw it flourish. The sport continues to reach new areas across North America, but has even begun to grow rapidly over seas in Europe, Asia, and Australia. It's amazing to see, and with a very strong online community, I recognized that there was an opportunity to be had within the world of simulation sports. Lacrosse is a game that has an odd dividing line, where either people are very invested or know nothing about it, and that middle area is very small. Due to this, I figured that in my own personal way I could help bring lacrosse into a platform that I feel I can affect. The online Reddit community for lacrosse is awesome, and have extensive knowledge about the game, while members here are awesome sim leaguers, but may not know the game at all. Bridging this could make an incredible community, and I want to try and make that happen. Casey Powell Lacrosse 16 is a 3D modeled and accurate lacrosse simulator that manages to capture what a real game is like while still being fast paced and arcade like. It's a great blend, and makes for some fun game to watch between the AI vs. AI. There are huge hits, big goals, and crazy deaks and it's all going to be live streamed for you to see. Here are some of this league's perks.

3D Animation
This type of simulation is something that I've wanted to see in every league, but it's very hard to attain just with the limitations of most of these engines. Casey Powell is a ridiculously customizable game that will provide ample opportunity for this to work. The game was developed by a small studio, so the animation isn't perfect but for the budget they had it is incredibly well done. One of the big perks of this 3D animation is that we can render in players how you want them to look and it's a part of our player creation. Along with this, people have the opportunity to submit a picture of a real life person they would like recreated in the game, and I'll do my best to manually recreate the player to a tee.

PT Share
Because I recognize that this won't be the utmost priority for many of our members, I'll be introducing the PT Share on a one way system, at least for now. Creating an atmosphere where players can grow from other leagues and still remain active in the SLL will help out tremendously.

Balanced Progression System
In turn with what I spoke of above, I wanted to create a progression system that helped support the middle earners and the semi actives, without slowing down the top earners. In a lot of ways I think I was able to accomplish this, by creating tasks that are easy to complete and can engage a member in a way that is more than just writing or making a silly graphic. Trying to bridge the gap between the semi actives and TPE whores is going to be a big priority for me, but as I said, there will still be benefits for those who put in the work.

Highlights of the Week
Because all of our games will be live streamed on Twitch, it gives me an opportunity to clip certain moments and turn them a highlight reel which will be released each week. On top of these, members of the community are able to submit plays themselves for recognition, and doing so will replace their Weekend PT task for that week. Not only will this help engage people to watch more and interact with the live stream, it'll also give members who don't have the time to watch the games a way to keep up to date with all the action.

The Discord invite is linked below, and player creation opens tonight. The forums will be announced both here and on the the Discord. I hope you guys consider trying out something new!

https://discord.gg/8YKXdZH

https://simulationlacrosse.jcink.net/index.php

The forums and player creation are officially open! Come create whatever monstrosity you desire now!

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

I always couldn't help but wonder if Casey Powell's customization options would be ideal for a sim league if there was an audience for a sim lacrosse league. Admittedly not a huge follower of the sport but have played this game.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I’m in

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

03-31-2019, 06:13 PMztevans Wrote: I always couldn't help but wonder if Casey Powell's customization options would be ideal for a sim league if there was an audience for a sim lacrosse league.  Admittedly not a huge follower of the sport but have played this game.

It's been a pleasure to work with so far, and now that I've built a relationship with the subreddit there should be a big demographic or sports fans that sim leagues haven't reached yet. I really hope it can help grow all the leagues

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019, 10:58 PM by Noble.)

https://simulationlacrosse.jcink.net/index.php

The forums and player creation are officially open! Come create whatever monstrosity you desire now!

03-31-2019, 07:27 PMxDParK Wrote: I’m in

We're live! Link is above!

The S1 trade deadline has just passed and we've already recruited some guys for S2! Come and join in on the action as we enter our second campaign.