Create Account

Reduce the Length of the playoffs

04-04-2019, 09:49 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Why do the playoffs have to start on a Monday? How much of a difference does a week's worth of updates actually make?

An SMJHL callup looking to unbank and join the team next season.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-04-2019, 09:59 AM.bojo Wrote:
04-04-2019, 09:49 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Why do the playoffs have to start on a Monday? How much of a difference does a week's worth of updates actually make?

How often does this happen? And can we not have a special exemption for these instances (in terms of other people handling the update for that player and submitting it to the simmer)?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

04-03-2019, 09:09 PMSlappydoodle Wrote:
04-03-2019, 09:00 PM.bojo Wrote: Wildcard could be best of five or three

Or just eliminated entirely

No.

[Image: 3.png]

04-04-2019, 09:59 AM.bojo Wrote:

Every SMJHL team makes playoffs now so that doesn't apply anymore

[Image: 3.png]

04-04-2019, 10:03 AMJSS Wrote:
04-04-2019, 09:59 AM.bojo Wrote: An SMJHL callup looking to unbank and join the team next season.

Every SMJHL team makes playoffs now so that doesn't apply anymore

ah true. whatever smjhl smells.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-03-2019, 05:23 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: This just gave me an idea that may help with the waiting around - how about the IIHF only includes players who's teams have been eliminated from the playoffs, like the world championship every year in real life. That way it can run concurrently to the playoffs and start around the time the second round begins. Then once every 4 seasons we could do an olympics with the best on best lineups after playoffs.

Also keeps things fresh with the roster every season for IIHF, and gives the IIHF fed heads more stuff to do

@artermis

Someone else recently brought the idea up, and if it wasn't for smaller teams probably not having enough players I think it'd fun/interesting to at least try.

UPDATE: Just read through the earlier responses to this idea, I hadn't even thought of the teams that might be big enough to handle losing players, but are small enough that they'd be replacing actives with inactives.

Olympics has been something we've looked over on multiple occasions, although there's not much enthusiasm behind it since the proposals that have been made don't make it as unique of an event as people would like.

On a few things mentioned earlier too:
- IIHF, under Evok at least, did use up-to-date updates
- If WJC was players eliminated only, when would we start since all teams make playoffs?
- Bojo does raise a good point in that we've had IIHF during the season before (granted, this was sporadic scheduling), and it was ultimately decided that the off-season worked best for everyone, so as to fill in the hole

04-03-2019, 09:53 AMMayuu Wrote: I agree with both of you, having the playoffs running for two weeks would be optimal, IIHF to me at least feels pretty pointless and boring as it is right now.
The same teams are the top teams, maybe I just have not been around long enough to see the cycles.

This is the first time any team has to put together a gold streak like this in IIHF history so this is quite an anomaly I assure you!

04-03-2019, 05:45 PMEaster Eggy Wrote: Someone else brought that up too, but doesn’t that just outright kill smaller countries like Ireland, UK, even Austria, and make it so we can just hand the medals to USA, Canada and Russia before the tournament begins?

Plus we just expanded the IIHF.

I still think the IIHF varies enough that perhaps we wouldn't still wouldn't see domination, who knows though since we have Ireland right now, but you hit the nail right on the head.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]