Create Account

S46 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 10:58 AM by Trautner.)

PBE Welfare

TASK 1: Michael Scarn had a very interesting season. He made a big move over to Halifax late in the season after struggling in Colorado for much of the year. In Colorado's defensive heavy focused system, Scarn did not really have the opportunity to shine in the offensive zone. Moreover, he was stuck on the second line with not much talent in the Raptors organization after some unfortunate call ups. However, Scarn made the move to Halifax and was able to slot in as the right winger on their talented first line. Scarn didn't score much in the rest of the regular season for Halifax but he notably had a brilliant first period hat trick in the playoffs for the Raiders. The Raiders eliminated the Raptors in the first round, funnily enough, rallying to win in 7 games. I'm sad to eliminate all my friends in Colorado and hope to root for both the Raptors and Halifax for seasons to come as an alumni of both teams.

TASK 5: I walked into the locker room of the New Orleans Specters as a special invitee of DeMarcus Smythe, my Czechian teammate. I am also a huge fan of former league MVP Oisin Fletcher, who I like to model my game after. In the locker room, I saw some unsavory acts being committed by Fletcher. Oisin Fletcher was taking steroids! I caught Fletcher in the middle of the action with the needle in Fletcher's hands. I was shocked and as I turned away, Smythe was suddenly in the doorway blocking the way out. He had seen what had happened. I tried to go around Smythe and cracked a joke but he blocked my way and soon I realized this was not going to end well. I had seen too much. Smythe took his hockey stick and whacked me on the side of the head with it and I blacked out. Next thing I knew, I was in the suite box at the game in a chair with sunglasses over my eyes, Weekend At Bernie's style.  @Blastmeaway

TASK 7: For the Challenge Cup charity event, I have chosen to hold a softball game between the two teams! There is nothing funnier or more interesting than trying to see how sports athletes do when playing completely different sports. It is a true test of athleticism and hand eye coordination translation to other sporting activities. We will hold the softball game in beautiful PNC Park in Pittsburgh, one of the most beautiful ballparks in the nation. Fans can purchase tickets online, with all proceeds going towards charity. Moreover, donations will be collected for each home run and each run scored by each team. For every run scored in the 7 inning game, the scoring player will donate $5K to charity. And, for every home run hit by each player, the player will donate $10K to the charity. Moreover, the SHL will match all of these incentive donations, effectively doubling the amount of money raised. It'll be a great event!

TASK 9: I think that the New Orleans Specters are absolutely the favorites in this Challenge Cup series. They feature Oisin Fletcher, Piotr Czerkawski, DeMarcus Smythe, Joe K, and Roman Augustus. That level of firepower simply can't be matched by many other teams in the league. They will pepper the opposing defense with shots on net, and sooner or later the defense falls apart under that sustained amount of pressure. The Specters also have one of the best young goalies in the league in Aleister Cain. The Specters didn't exactly have as prolific of a season as many expected. However, they have put things together just in time during their playoff run to the Challenge Cup final, and I believe that their continued chemistry will lead to success in the Challenge Cup. I think Czerkawski is a huge x-factor in this series to watch, as the young playmaker winger has the opportunity to slice through the opposing defense and present goal scoring opportunities for Fletcher and the other slot sniping wingers on this team.

TASK 11: Michael Scarn has finished and wrapped up his second and final season in the SMJHL. After a disappointing two seasons, really, overall in terms of offensive production, the young Czechian center will take a business trip to Winnipeg. Scarn has packed plenty of bottles of maple syrup to present to his business associates at the meetings because that is a traditional Canadian custom. Moreover, he is looking forward to flying first class and meeting the concierge at the hotel. The Winnipeg Jets have a very young team and will give Scarn plenty of opportunities to play. Alongside rising star Ola Wagstrom and fellow prospect Nick Brain, the Winnipeg Jets could have their top scoring line in place for seasons to come. For next season, Scarn expects to play on the lower lines but still have the opportunity to make an impact with decent playing time. Agent Scarn is thrilled to be traveling to Winnipeg, tasked by his Chief Financial Officer David Wallace. It'll be a fun international business trip, and Scarn will look to make the most of the experience.

PBE PT + 5 tasks = 18 TPE of tasks done

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.
I think some of my best moments was finding out that I was getting drafted at the start of the season, signing my first contract, then finding out I am getting called up to Jets next season. I thought my numbers were really good especially since I was only getting third pairing, which is the part that I was sad about but I thought my offense and my defense were both areas I was happy with. I got over 20 points again and almost hit 10 goals which would've been cool, but it definitely met my expectations and kept my good stats going from last year. I think the worst part of the season was losing to St. Louis and now being stuck waiting for weeks to play again. It's really sad as last junior season not to win the playoffs, I thought Halifax could do it. But we really fell short and we didn't get that goal of mine so now I have to win a pro championship next year.

Code:
Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?
3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?
6. Who are the 3 most dangerous players on the ice in this series and why?
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.
1. I think Buffalo has the tactical experience because this is New orleans first year in the league so they haven't been in playoffs before. They don't have the same history and years of practice to fall back on if things go south, while Buffalo has made runs like this before.
2. I think that Cedric Robinson has been the most impressive goalie because everyone did not predict for Buffalo to be this good this year so really it was Robinson who carried them and surprised people. He has become really good in net before anyone expected with less than 800 TPE and he hasn't faltered under the pressure of playoffs.
4. I think Jimmy Slothface @slothfacekilla will be the next important New Orleans player because he is a great hard working guy who earns lots of TPE. I have been a fan of his as his teammate for a long time and I believe that the high pick used to pick him will pay off in a big way soon, he has a lot of skill.
5. I think New Orleans should get the all star game because they're new and it would get them a lot of attention. It would give fans a really cool event to get them into the sport and bring a lot of media attention to the new franchise. It would help continue their boost from such good playoff performance this early.
Code:
Task 7: (Written, 3 TPE)
The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*
I thought that we should have a barbecue party where we sell a lot of merchandise and autographed stuff for a charity auction. It would have a very fun, summer theme, but still have a lot of hockey references. The auction would help raise money, as well as a donations box and links online to donate money to be posted on the league website. There would be a lot of players present too to meet and help convince people to donate. Perry Morgan @Flareon4043 would be very helpful because he loves charity work and is very generous, so he would be willing probably to help advertise on social media and sign some stuff for the auction. The funds would be donated to hospitals and medical organizations so it can help people who are in trouble, like St. Judes and the Red Cross, all non profits that help a lot of people.
Code:
Task 9: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.
I think that the New Orleans Specters are the favorites because they have two great scorers in Roman Augustus and Joe Kurczewski. They have just a ton of depth, and they have tough guys like Vasily Horvat who can hit too, so they play a mean game as well as a fast paced one. They will have to be effective on special team units, especially the power play, to continue getting lots of goals and making sure Buffalo doesn't get much on the board. I see Buffalo as the underdog, but they need to use their experience and strategy to their advantage. They need to keep New Orleans off the board, and with the Specters firepower, the Stampede have to have great defense and goalies. Robinson will have to stop a large number of shots and probably have to make some crazy saves to keep his team in it, the more possession Buffalo has the better for them. Viktor Marius can throw hits from the Buffalo side and will need to do so to give their game an edge.
Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.
I am currently in the juniors but a lot of guys are coming up next year, there's a lot of room and enough for all of us so I know I can make the roster. Commander Shepard and Michael Scarn and Nick Brain probably come up for the forwards and add more forward lines to use, and then you Slip McScruf coming to the majors too, that's the other big addition on defense. I want to make the team next season like I mentioned, and my expectations are to bring my scoring to the pros to prove it's not just in juniors. I want to get at least 15 points in my rookie season and to have a good shooting percentage, I like scoring goals even as a defenseman. I also want to get more hits than I did in juniors so maybe hitting 60 hits would be a good mark, I need to be more physical in the pros.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 06:51 AM by gordieboom.)

Code:

Code:
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be [u]150[/u] words or more.

In S46 Gordie Boomhover played for the St.Louis Scarecrows. Gordie did not set any personal goals outside just performing better than his rookie season (12 goals, 13 assists). In most of the matches Gordie played on the first line which gave him a huge confidence boost. He was also named assistant captain on a star-crowded team. Despite that he just managed to outperform his rookie season by 5 points (17 goals, 13 assists). I am hoping Gordie's finest moment is still to come by lifting the four star cup again, but so far his finest moment has to be his 8 goals in a 4 games span. It happened in the middle of the season where Gordie picked up 12 points and 4 straight first star ratings. On the flipside with 12 points in 4 games, it means Gordie also had a couple of cold streaks, most noticebly the last 10 games of the regular season where he only picked up 2 assists and went -5, worse on the team. I guess his mind was already set at the playoffs.  Wink

Code:
Code:
TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
HO has agreed to allocate money towards championship rings to the Challenge Cup winners and they are looking for help with the look and feel of these rings! Create a Championship ring for 1 of the teams involved in the series. This SHL championship sports ring should have the team name or logo on it, as well as the season number.

Code:
Code:
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '[u]1[/u]' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why? 
2. Between Cedric Robinson and Aleister Cain which goalie would you say had the more impressive run towards this championship series, and why?
3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
4. Choose 1 young player from each team (either on their roster or a prospect of theirs) who you believe will be there teams next important player and why? *tag that player*
5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?
7. Who has been there teams surprise player/unsung hero in the post season and why?..must include at least 1 stat to back up claim.

1. Of those 4 GM's i only know Joe. Before he joined the New Orleans Specters he was the CO-GM of the St.Louis Scarecrows and from what i can tell he did a very good job during that time. He won two four star cups in a row. I also know he did spent a lot of time tweaking the lines, so based on my limited experience i think New Orleans have a tactical advantage.

2. This is difficult to say. Both goalies had an impressive regular season aswell a great playoffs so far. Robinson currently has a better save percentage (0.925 vs 0.916) and a better GAA (2.07 vs 2,63), but Aleister Cain faced far more shots (417 vs 281). Based on those numbers you can't really tell who was more impressive. The fact though is that both are great goalies.

3. D - Tatu Makela, D - God McZehrl To determine all star defenders i always look at the plusminus stats category. This defensive unit currently both have a plusminus of +8. For forwards i look primarily at goal scorers. TJ Bailey (Buffalo) and Oisin Fletcher (New Orleans) are leading their teams in goals and points so they deserve a spot. The last forward spot i am giving to Kevin Hamilton, with 5 goals and 8 assists in 10 games he has an impressive playoff run so far. I am picking Aleister Cain as the goalie, to make sure the teams are more divided Wink

4. For New Orleans Specters i have to choose Michael Fox. @FuzzSHL  Michael Fox has been an incredible team member for the St.Louis Scarecrows and is currently our captain. He is originally a winger, but switched to center to help the team out. That says enough. For Buffalo Stampede i am picking Monkey D. Luffy @TnlAstatine . He was picked 4th overall in the strong reddit draft, so obviously expectations are high in Buffalo.

Code:
Code:
TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Design a signature for one of the teams in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup.. for the organization and its fans to use if they win the championship. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

Code:
Code:
Task 5: (Written, 3 TPE)
Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

Code:
Code:
TASK 6: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
In an ode to those players who's offseason has been longer then others.. create an All Star starting lineup poster of players that did not make the playoffs. must include a title, renders, names and team logos. *must tag all players involved*

[Image: non-playoffs-allstars.png]
@fever95
@Ace
@Rabidsponge21
@dizzyDC
@ToeDragon84
@Velevra

Code:
Code:
The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaberate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

Code:
Code:
TASK 8: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Make a projection for your teams upcoming season based on your teams current situation. Graphic should include a title, team logo, a players and their render that represents your team and at least 2 bullets points of information on your teams upcoming S47 season.

Code:
Code:
You have been asked to spend a few minutes on air with the series commentators during the game 1 preshow! During that segment they ask you to do a full break down on the series... in 150 words or more tell them who you believe is the favorite and who is the underdog of this series and why.. as well as your thoughts on what each team needs to do or not do to win the challenge cup.

Code:
Code:
TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During this week-long event each team will do a lot of travelling. Both teams have their own plane and bus and HO has asked that both means of transportation receive a visual make over to draw attention to the championship series!.  Choose one of the teams planes or Busses and give it a Challenge cup series look!  Plane or Bus should have at minimum the teams logo, a player render and a reference to their entry into the series.

Code:
Code:
There will be many SMJHL players watching this Challenge Cup series and dreaming of the day that they are involved in the SHL's biggest staged event. but first things first,, you have to make an SHL teams 20 man roster. Talk about where your player is at within your SHL organization, who are the prospects that you'll be competing with for a roster spot? when do you hope to make the big clubs roster and what are your individual expectations in that rookie season? Must be 150 words or more.

Gordie Boomhover was drafted by the New England Wolfpack. The finished dead last this season and as a result of that a couple forwards were traded for picks. In other words we are rebuilding. Also Tigole Bitties moved from forward to defense. That means on short term there is a huge opportunity for Gordie to shine. However Gordie already did commit to play two more seasons for the St.Louis Scarecrows. He likely will make his debut in S48. He will have to compete with fellow draftee and sniper Dick Clapper, the only other forward drafted in S46. In his rookie season one of his goals will be to aim for the ROY-award, which certainly could be possible if he is getting 2nd/3rd line playing minutes. At what position he will be playing depends on the outcome of the upcoming draft. Gordie could switch to a center role as the team is currently severely lacking playmaking skills.

Code:
Code:
TASK 12: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Izz.tv is covering the series and they are looking for a tale of the tape graphic to use during the games! Pick a player from each team that are lining up against each other and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S46. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least 4 statistics for each player.

Code:
Code:
Task 13: (Written, 3 TPE)
This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

Code:
Code:
TASK 14: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals. 

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo 
3. lkgvironeoi 
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

**MESSAGE SENT**

Code:
Code:
Task 15: (Podtask, 3 or 4 TPE) 
The SHL Network is excited to announce extended coverage of the S46 Playoffs through your speakers! From hit podcasts to fresh new voices.. submit your mini-pod and earn TPE! What you talk about is up to you, the only criteria this season is that all Mini-Pods should be post season related.

1 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 Man Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=94855

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 03:43 PM by Scrufdaddy.)

Completed: 16/16
Code:

To be honest, this was not the season I expected.  I had about 4 more minutes per game compared to last season, but my hits / hits taken / and shots blocked all stayed almost constant.  The real surprise was that I doubled my points, with 7 goals and 28 assists compared to last season's 18 assists.  Although I have a minimum scoring rating, I slipped in five power play goals, an empty netter, and one even strength.  Overall, I'm glad with my +8 performance compared over +2 from last season.

Last season, I was very proud of my work on the special teams.  I was not on the power play like this season, but I pulled huge shifts on the penalty kill and the Scarecrows had the best penalty kill % in the league at 84.77% (5% over the average).  This season, I also pulled huge shifts on the penalty kill, but we had the league worst kill at 76.47% (5% below the average).  That area of the game is probably the most disappointing for me.

Code:

1. How can you doubt Joe K?  You've seen the magic that he pulled in the SMJHL with the Scarecrows.  Now, together with TDZ, he's built a team from scratch and taken them into the finals on the first try.  It came up in a previous point task, but you can see Joe has some chess pieces he's already familiar with from former Crow rosters.  Clearly they have a lot of trust in their protege goalie, Aleister Cain, who was the Crow goalie, then the 1OA pick in the expansion draft.  You gotta think they are comfortable going into this series to play some cup winning hockey.

Code:
Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

I got a text from my good pal Cainer @SlashACM that he wanted to see me in the New Orleans locker room, and to be honest I wish I left him on read after what I saw.  See, Cainer wasn't actually in the locker room, but Nicholas Williams @Nictox was... god, I've never seen so much hair and so much peanut butter all in one place...

The first thing that I noticed was the jar of peanut butter with the spoon poking out of the top.  The shaft of the spoon had so many hairs matted onto it that it looked like some novelty keep your utensils promotion at the planet of the apes theme park ride.

Next up was the partially hairy hams staring back at me.  One cheek fully shaven, one cheek still waiting for its time under the razor.  In my peripheral vision, I saw a similar pattern up and down his arms and legs.  Like an Olympic swimmer in the making but not with a body for swimming.

Last thing I noticed was the big old headphones blocking out the rest of the world for Williams.  That was my saving grace as I slowly backed out of the room without drawing any attention from this hairless hairy beast.  I'm not sure what the peanut butter was for, but I'm really hoping it was just a snack and he was being efficient with his time...

Code:
The commish has asked that both challenge cup participants collaborate on a large charity event to be held during the festivities leading to the start of the finals, and you have been asked by the league to set everything up!  What did you come up with? what sort of theme did you choose? what were some of the events to take place to help raise money? what players were very helpful during this process? where will the funds be donated? Must be 150 words or more. *tag anyone involved*

The large charity event that I planned was the Corndog Safari which supports dog shelters around the United States.  For my Corndog Safari, I collected the best corndogs in the nation and took over the streets surrounding the arena in Buffalo.  I have an in with the 5 major carnival circuits that control the summer fun times on the continental United States, so they were able to find the best corndog vendors from all 48 continental states.  Alaska and Hawaii were a little trickier, but I pulled some strings and got those represented as well.  Players and fans mingled and munched prior to the game, voting for their favorites.  Each state's selected shelter got most of the profits from their corndog representative, however the winning state got the glory (a trophy of a corndog on a hockey stick) and a cut of all other profits.

In unrelated news, a high percentage of toilets in the arena were mysteriously clogged with what looked like partially digested corndogs by the end of the 2nd period.

Code:

I've already booked my tickets to join the Winnipeg Jets main roster at the conclusion of the Four Star Cup finals (where the Scarecrows are battling for the three-peat that started in my rookie season, not a big deal).  During the S45 draft, I fell a bit deeper into the first round than some people expected so the Jets jumped on the opportunity to trade up a pick and secure me.  They've invested in me already, and I don't want to let them down.

As far as the other Defensemen on the roster and in the prospect pool, I don't actually feel like there is a competition because it isn't too crowded.  In the current state of things we have a solid core of three 1000+ TPE defensemen, with 3 others in the pipeline.  As the younger defensemen come into their own, we can replace the inactive plugs to round out a solid blue line squad.

I have high expectations on myself to perform in this upcoming rookie season, although as a defensive oriented player, my first and foremost goal is to not be a liability.  It will be my first time playing against skaters that are over twice my own skill level and I'll be focusing my game on shutting them down.  Like I mentioned in a different question, this past regular season has been abnormally high on the scoring for me.  During my offseason training, I'm planning on tidying up my scoring so it isn't so far behind my other skills and pushing my passing strength further so I have a secondary goal to produce around the middle of the pack.

Code:
Back by popular demand! Unscramble the names of these four players who will be competing in the Challenge Cup Finals.

**[u]Important[/u]**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." [u]do not[/u] send it to my personal account cause i will [u]not[/u] look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

Sent PM

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 07:16 AM by Wasty.)

Code:
TASK 2: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
HO has agreed to allocate money towards championship rings to the Challenge Cup winners and they are looking for help with the look and feel of these rings! Create a Championship ring for 1 of the teams involved in the series. This SHL championship sports ring should have the team name or logo on it, as well as the season number.

Code:
TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Design a signature for one of the teams in the Finals of them lifting the Challenge/Four Star Cup.. for the organization and its fans to use if they win the championship. Must include, at minimum, something resembling a Cup, a player render, team name, and some semblance of appropriate color changing to match the team.

[Image: JdLqqAA.png]

Code:
TASK 6: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
In an ode to those players who's offseason has been longer then others.. create an All Star starting lineup poster of players that did not make the playoffs. must include a title, renders, names and team logos. *must tag all players involved*

[Image: Vf07LgZ.png]
@ToeDragon84 @Jearim @dizzyDC @Ace @Beaver @Count Chocula

Code:
TASK 8: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
Make a projection for your teams upcoming season based on your teams current situation. Graphic should include a title, team logo, a players and their render that represents your team and at least 2 bullets points of information on your teams upcoming S47 season.

Code:
TASK 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During this week-long event each team will do a lot of travelling. Both teams have their own plane and bus and HO has asked that both means of transportation receive a visual make over to draw attention to the championship series!.  Choose one of the teams planes or Busses and give it a Challenge cup series look!  Plane or Bus should have at minimum the teams logo, a player render and a reference to their entry into the series.

[Image: R0S0Eyi.png]

Code:
Izz.tv is covering the series and they are looking for a tale of the tape graphic to use during the games! Pick a player from each team that are lining up against each other and create a graphic comparing their playoff statistics in S46. Must include player render, team name, team logo, and at least 4 statistics for each player.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not receive credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task.  [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

SENT.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

It was a pretty amazing year overall for Cameron Carter, who put in a lot of work and was rewarded. He played for the Barracuda in their inaugural season and put up 24 goals, laying a bunch of hits and proving that he is a top tier two way player. His stock only went up from here and will allow him to look back at the past fondly with his first ever play off appearance in the SHL. A season of a lot of firsts for CC2 and he lived up to expectations when signing that 8.6M deal, which lead into a 7M extension.

"I did everything right, passing what I had been projected to do. People disrespected my name a lot and I am hoping my hard work gets recognized with a Dar nomination come awards show. Individual success. Team success. This has been a crazy year just to prove my worth, really. People all over doubting me and thought I couldn't perform. I proved 'em wrong. I didn't fall short no where."

Code:
170 Words

This question is a little strange since i'm pretty certain NOLA has another person handling coaching duties, but they did put it in place so I will say New Orleans. I am not hating on anything Buffalo has done but I feel like the Specters have a lot to work with. Their depth isn't all too far apart but it all comes down to this series.
Code:
60 Words

Numbers wise it is clearly Cedric at this point, though both have strung together a great playoff run. What Robinson has done as his first season as a full time starter has been phenomenal and he is a big reason as to why they are closing the games out so quick and efficiently. He is making all the saves 44 should have been making and is everything he was hyped out to be.
Code:
70 Words

K. Hamilton
O. Fletcher
J. Kurczewski
T. Makela
K. Hefeweizen
C. Robinson

Seems a bit controversial but I am going off this season's playoff stats. Robinson, performance wise, has put up the better numbers. Kevin Hamilton over Marius? Hamilton has brought the physicality, scoring and two way play that his teammate has and more. He showed up to play and that is who I want on my team heading into the Challenge Cup finals. Fletcher and Joe are simple choices since they do so well on the ice for NOLA and are lethal skaters. Could have put Metzler in on the back end but wanted to vary it up. Makela is one of my favorite defensemen in the league given his dynamic play style and Karl has been amazing for NOLA this season and is making plays.

Code:
120 Words

Put the event in New Orleans since they are a new expansion team that has done so well getting to the Challenge Cup finals in just their first season. They have done something special and deserve to be rewarded with an event to celebrate their loyal fans. Maybe this helps with the marketing and get them more noticed in the state with a top team like Buffalo coming to town.
Code:
70 Words

DeMaricus Smyth
2 GWG

I don't believe there is all that much talk about him, mostly because he doesn't have gaudy numbers but he has produced when it matters the most. He is playing great hockey and is giving the Specters a lot of tactical variance through out the playoffs. Buffalo should watch out for Smyth who will look to close out this series.
Code:
60 Words

"All indicators show that New Orleans is the favorite heading into this series with Buffalo being the underdog, which is a complete surprise given that Buffalo is the 1 seed in the eastern conference. Goes to show how successful of a model the Specters' roster is. They have no lack of depth and have experienced players that have played at the highest of levels. Cedric Robinson needs to keep up his stellar play to keep Buffalo in this one and I look towards a player like Smyth to show out for NOLA and get some key goals. I am a big fan of Makela's roaming play style and want to see him take this series over since he is fully capable of doing so. I want to see Marius look like that Dar candidate he was looking like in the regular season and actually get some offensive production going to match NOLA's fire power. Should be a great series."
Code:
150 Words

"First Time Ever"

Thee two teams have never won a challenge cup and in fact have never gone very far overall in the playoffs. Moreso Buffalo who have struggled to get out of the Eastern conference, generally thwarted by the likes of those dominant New England and WKP teams. Constant shots of them getting eliminated each season, throwing in the last 2 seasons of not making the play offs. Roll some footage of the expansion draft for New Orleans, their early practice videos and some controversial losses. Fill in the rest with play off footage with them winning and leaning into the finals. Who will win their first? String together more tape of their head to head matches in the regular season, show highlights for both. Overall this is a story about two new franchises in the SHL Challenge Cup finals and they will get a shot at their first title. Hammer home that it is an exciting time for hockey and close the ad out.

Code:
160 Words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 02:44 AM by Katth.)

My season isn't over yet, I'm in the Four Star Cup Finals with the Kelowna Knights. Though let's talk about the regular season. We finished 1st in the league and my player has been performing significantly better compared to last year. Last year I had 13 points (8 goals and 5 assists) as a third liner. This year I played on the second line with Dick Clapper and Liam Hutchinson and on the second power play unit. My average icetime hasn't increased by much, but my scoring has. In Season 46 I had 11 goals and 25 assists combining for 36 points. Last season I was also a minus 4, but this season turned that around to a plus 12. Because I had power play time I scored 3 power play goals and had 12 assists. My shooting percentage has dropped from 16% to nearly 11%. I had a lot more shot opportunities, because of my power play icetime. I also had my very first fight in the SMJHL. I thought I won, but simulationhockeyfights.com voted it a draw. 

HO: Please tell us what happened?
ME: As the St. Louis Scarecrows arrived in Kelowna and were getting ready for practice I was about to say hi to my buddy @gordieboom and wish him luck for the finals. I walked up to their locker room and heard a lot of noise and people screaming. As I entered the locker room I just couldn't believe what I saw!

HO: What did you see?
ME: Well, I saw prostitues. I didn't even know we had them in Kelowna, they must have travelled with the Crows. And I saw drugs, a lot of drugs.

HO: Were the players using or just the prostitutes?
ME: All of them. It was so much drugs, like in Scarface. A big mountain of cocaine. 

HO: Who of the St. Louis Scarecrows were involved?
ME: Well, I only took a quick glance as I wanted to get the hell out of there, but I saw @gordieboom at least.

HO: Okay, we already have a confession from @gordieboom on tape, we need to investigate further.
ME: Can I see it?

Task 7: (Written, 3 TPE

Two days before the start of the Four Star Cup Finals we had a small fundraiser for an organization called Metakids. I organized this fundraiser for Metakids because of the recent passing of my not even 2 year old niece. As part of a twin it became obvious when she was around 1 year old that she wasn't growing as fast as her twin brother. After several researched they found an genetic anomaly causing a metabolism disorder. Our world collapsed, because there was no cure. In the months leading to her passing we saw that hospital and their staff did everything they could to make her life as good as it could be. In order to get more funding for research I organized this fundraiser leading up to the Four Star Cup final, but also to raise awareness. These disorders are very rare, so there isn't a lot of money available for research. I was happy to see that my team and the Kelowna organization made significant donations to this cause. Also a big thank you to the St. Louis Scarecrow organization for doing the same and for the SMJHL Head Office. Let's hope that with these funds research is possible to track these disorders in an earlier stage and even hope for a cure.

I believe that we, the Kelowna Knights, are the favourites for this Four Star Cup Finals against the St. Louis Scarecrows. We finished top of the regular season with a pretty decent gap between the number two. Though it's gonna to be a hell of a series, because we haven't beat the Scarecrows in regulation all season long. It will al come down to the better strategy and roster depth I think. Both our top lines are equally matched and our top defensemen are also similar in scoring. The four players to look out for this series are Nickolas Klaus and Guy Zheng for Kelowna and Gordie Boomhover and Michael Fox for the St. Louis Scarecrows. These four players are key in a victory for either side. We're looking to stop the Scarecrows from becoming the second team to win 3 Four Star Cups in a row beside us. Everyone in our organization wants to stop them from making that happen. That title is ours and we aren't planning on sharing that. 

[Image: z7HgF9k.png]

History will be me made. History will be bright as a Knight. 
For the Kelowna Knights this is a crucial finals. As the Knights are the only team in SMJHL history to have won 3 Four Star Cups in a row. The St. Louis Scarecrows are close in doing the same and Kelowna has to stop them at all cost. The Knights have a dynasty to defend and remain the only team in the SMJHL to have won the Four Star Cup 3 times in a row. 

The TV ad will consist out of a few shots of goals the Kelowna Knights made against St. Louis and ultimately a shot of them raising their threepeat Four Star Cup and the line: "History will be made. History will be bright as a Knight!"

Shot 1: A shorthanded break away goal from Nickolas Klaus on the St. Louis powerplay.

[Image: Mar_30_2018_22_50_17.gif]

Shot 2: A Dick Clapper open net goal.

[Image: Mar_30_2018_23_03_35.gif]

Shot 3: A Karlstraße Scholz ripper from the blue line.

[Image: Mar_31_2018_01_07_02.gif]

Shot 4: The Kelowna Knights raising the Four Star Cup!

[Image: cut.jpg]

Final shot:

[Image: hrL13UC.png]

Message sent!

** Note: To earn credit for this task, post your Mini-Pod in the link below. then link that post back to PT.
simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=94855

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 03:58 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

My player had a true Jekyll & Hyde season, the kind that I had never experienced before in my entire time in the SHL. It started off insanely well, scoring at above a point-per-game pace and forming an incredibly offensive duo with fellow sophomomore Max Mauldin. Our entire line did very well but it only lasted until the 20 game mark - at which point our scoring dried up entirely. Luckily our other top-six line, led my franchise forward Sophia Bennett, picked up the slack and started putting up the points that the teams wasn't getting from my unit anymore, so the team as a whole still did well. But the second half of the season ended up being very disappointing for me personally, after scoring 20+ points in as many games to start the season, I barely put up double digits in the remaining 30 games and only ended with 30 in 50. The playoffs, while better from an individual perspective, ended up being a disappointment as well as we fell to the New Orleans Specters in the first round. So what started as a very promising season ultimately ended up a disappointment.

Quote:Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Tough question to answer as both teams have some excellent personnel in their front office - as well as some controversy. JKortesi did brilliantly building a cup contender from scratch as an expansion team, but then again there are some voices that say that the format of the expansion draft made it too easy for the new teams or that they tampered with certainn players beforehand. On the other side, we have a guy who is universally loved in Tomen, whose dedication and loyalty to the franchise are unparalleled, but he is assisting a guy who is far more controversial and is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. Still, there is no denying that they are both excellent when it comes to roster building and fielding a competitive team, so i'd give them the edge.
2. Both goalies have been very impressive this season, especially considering that they are still very young players, both essentially playing their first full season. However, they both did better in the regular season than in the playoffs and had to rely on their teams for help a bit more in the postseason, but that's to be expected in such a young player - the playoffs are a whole different game after all. Ultimately I'd say that Cain was more impressive in the regular season whereas Robinson was better in the playoffs - and since it's the playoffs that count, and since it was his team that ended up the winner, I'd give it to Robinson.
3. Joe Kurczewski - Kevin Hamilton - Oliver König
Alexis Metzler - GOD McZehrl
Cedric Robinson
I could've gone for a full NOR forward-line if going by points alone, but decided to pick Hamilton and König from Buffalo to compliment Kurczewski as they did better on PPG, with König leading the playoffs in goals and Hamilton being very impressive in the physical department. McZehrl and Metzler were the best defenders who made it to the finals (although you could discuss substituting Makela for McZehrl) and I already touched on Robinson and why I think he belongs here above.
4. -
5. I would choose Buffalo just because the city has suffered so much not just in recent years, but decades, with all the failure that the Sabres, the Bills and Stampede have brought upon them. The people of Buffalo deserve something nice, so why not give an ASG who someone who would really appreciate it, especially since there isn't as much stuff going on in the city already as there is in New Orleans.
6. -
7. Karl Hefeweizen - Hefeweizen has been an unsung hero kind of player for basically his entire career and he did was he does best again in these playoffs. From his starting days as a primarily defensive player in Winnipeg, to his current self that has gotten a lot better of racking up points, Hefeweizen has always been an underrated asset to whatever team he was on. And in this postseason, he actually managed to lead all New Orleans defensemen in scoring with 12 points, while also blocking 25 shots which is top-5 for the playoffs and the second best on his team.

Quote:Task 9: (Written, 3 TPE)

Well first of all, thanks for having me on the broadcast you guys. Isn't it fun to have a guy from Buffalo's failure days on to talk about them now that things are finally going well? Anyway, let's get to the task at hand and talk about the two teams. Let's start with the Specters, the cinderella story of this season. It would be easy to write them off as a fluke, a team that has been overperforming and went on a hot streak, but the truth is that they have been very consistent all year, playing with the top teams in their conference pretty much all season, with consistent scoring and some of the best goaltending in the league. But they will need even more of that if they want to win: Their top-line of Kurczweski, Paquette and Fletcher needs to perform and Aleister Cain needs to be just as good, if not better, than in the regular season because on paper, Buffalo's defensive corps clearly outclasses the Specters'. The Stampede on the other hand, who I would characterize as the favorites, needs some big games from their three Ms on defense, Mäkelä, Metzler and McZehrl. All three have been very good so far and if they manage to maintain that level of performance, it will be very hard for the Specters to beat them.

Quote:Task 13: (Written, 3 TPE)
This is an historic finals as both franchises come in with some amazing storylines to boast! Write a TV ad for a "History Will Be Made" script and in 150 words or more add the details and circumstance that warrant either or both teams for this television ad. details could include a memory from there team's history, whether recent or past, it is up to you.

Well this just has to be about the Buffalo Stampede because there isn't a lot of history to speak of yet for the New Orleans Specters and if there was, it would basically just be "What the Vegas Golden Knights did". So let's talk about Buffalo, the team that was a joke for like a decade after entering the league, then when things finally started to look up was beaten down again, only to finally rise in recent years and become a contender, crowning themselves Champion this season. Nowadays it's easy to forget or to not even know about all the bad luck Buffalo had in the first few years of the franchises existence - an unfair expansion draft (the only reason the most recent expansion draft was so generous to the new teams was that the last one completely fucked the expansion teams), people bailing on the team left and right and entire draft classes refusing to even give the team a shot - and when the team finally got their hands on a true, unanimous bluechip prospect, the member ended up getting into a serious real life accident not once, but twice, effectively ending his career. Luckily both of them made a full recovery and they eventually returned to the SHL, with one of them (Tomen) still on Buffalo even, but their first players were effectively lost to cruel real life circumstances. In fact, if there is one story you should want to tell about Buffalo, it should be Tomen's story, and how they won it for him.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 07:54 PM by Alex Mack.)

TASK 1:

I think I had a good season with the Montreal Impact, we had a solid regular season and made it deep in the playoffs which is always fun. Given the opportunity to be a 1st line defenseman in Montreal was an honour and I'm happy with how I was able to help the team. I think we did better than a lot of people expected. Personally I had 45 shots blocked and 64 hits to go along with 72 penalty minutes showed I had an edge to my game, which is something I'm looking to develop more. My 18 points proved I have some offense to my game as well. Coming into the year I wanted to be able to score some points, by physical and help the team win as many games as possible. I've met my goals for the season and look forward to next year when I hope we win a championship.  

TASK 2:
[Image: buf-r.jpg]

TASK 3:

Joe Kurczewski and TheDangaZone have a major tactical advantage over the other GM's. They come from Calgary and know how to win championships. They also have had successful runs as GM's in the SMJHL and IIHF. All these guys do is win and I think that experience will give them the advantage in this series.

TASK 4:
[Image: gettyimages-150442498-1024x1024.jpg]

TASK 10:
[Image: Casper-Bobcats-Bus.jpg]

TASK 14: Pm'd to PT Director

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

For most players season 46 is over and you have had a bit of time to reflect on your season. Talk to us about how you did.. what were some of your players best and worst moments? what were your overall numbers? did you meet your individual goals? what areas in your game were you happy with and what areas fell short? Must be 150 words or more.

I just had a career season, which is both a huge shock and accomplishment. I’m in regression now, so to almost score a ppg is huge for me. I scored 48 points in 50 games for the North Stars (my first full season with the team), and put up 9 points in 7 games as we lost to the Rage. My goal was to score 40 points (a modest goal for a regressing player like myself), so I was really happy with how I played this season. I definitely want to work a bit more on my defensive play, as I finished with a -1 in the postseason and a solid 0 in the regular season, but there’s a full offseason for that, so I’m not worries. My best moment was scoring my first career hat trick earlier this season. The fact that it took me 8 seasons to score one is kinda sad, but I was really happy to get the monkey off my back. The worst moment of this season was definitely game 7. We played hard but couldn’t get the win needed for advancement.

Task 3:

I was on my way to interview New Orleans netminder Aliester Cain when I walked into the locker room and saw something I couldn’t unsee. The entire team was naked. The first thing I saw was Roman Augustus (@TheDangaZone) wiping his ass with his towel. Nicholas Edwards (@Nictox) and DeMaricus Symth (@Blastmeaway) were having a towel joust, with half of the team cheering on. I wasn’t surprised to see Oisin Fletcher (@Evok) and Joe Kurczewski (@JKortesi81) sitting at their lockers, talking about everything going on. They were fully clothed. I finally got to Cainer’s locker to see it empty. I asked Joe where it was. “Oh, hey Joey. Caino’s in the bathroom taking a shit. If you wait a couple minutes he’ll be out.”. And so I waited. Cain came out with a towel around his waist. He was sweaty, shirtless, and grinning from ear to ear. He came in for a hug. Me, wearing a suit and pants, begrudgingly accepted it. It was the weirdest experience I ever had, and never will forget this (sadly).

Code:

Hi, Joseph Lombardi here. I’d say that New Orleans is the underdogs. They may have a roster that screams “GIVE US THE CUP”, but this is a first-year franchise we’re talking about. I’ve been heavily impressed with the Specters, but the lack of production from star winger Roman Augustus is a huge question mark. Roman’s transformation from offensive defenseman to sniper has been nothing short of spectacular, but he knows he hasn’t been at his best during these playoffs, and I expect them to come out hard. Buffalo should be the favorites. I thought Cedric Robinson would struggle this playoffs, and boy was I wrong. Robinson has been lights out for the Stampede, which is great for Buffalo fans seeing as Cedric is only a rookie. This is a team with consistent producers and a great defense. I expect New Orleans and Buffalo to duke it out for the cup. This is going to be an exciting series. Back to you guys in the booth.

Code:

One team just got here. The red hot New Orleans Specters built up a contender from the getgo, snagging stars like Roman Augustus, Joe Kurczewski, and Oisin Fletcher. The other’s been here. The Buffalo Stampede have rode the strong play of TJ Bayley and Kevin Hamilton to the Cup. Two of the best goalies in the league face off as New Orleans netminder Aliester Cain looks to continuer his stellar rookie season by winning the cup against Buffalo and their rookie stalwart Cedric Robinson. It’s a battle of high powered offenses, shutdown defenses, and brick walls? Two teams. One trophy. New vs old. Young vs experienced. It’s time to see who comes out on top. History will be made during this series. You’ll just have to find out. Tune in to Izz.tv to see the games, broadcast live on scene. Stampede vs Specters. S46. See you on the ice, boys.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Scrambled-Izzy." do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

1. pusesmakajolil
2. noewtdicatslo
3. lkgvironeoi
4. ihoswlilmlncsaai

sent

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 01:17 PM by mstuk41.)

PH
Code:

This season for Nicky Pedersen Jr was a bit of a disappointment.  Getting to play winger on the top line I wasn't happy with only scoring 12 goals.  This coming season is going to be huge in determining where Pedersen's career is going to go.  As nearing 1K TPE winger, with 95 scoring, if the stats don't start to pile up, we may be looking at a recreate bust.  However, once the final update of the season took place before the playoff started to bump Babypeds scoring to 95, i was encouraged to see that Pedersen scored 7 points in his 10 playoff games, including 4 goals.  So the future is definitely brighter than had he thrown up a dud in the playoffs.  Going forward, I would expect to see Pedersen start to contribute more offensively, as well as starting to rack up more hits than this past season.  Hits was the biggest disappointment this season for me.  When you play on the same line as the highest per season hitter: Mike Izzy, then hits suffer.  But I expect in the future to contribute 50+ rather than 30.  

Code:
Pick up to 5 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Between Buffalo's (WannabeFinn, Tomen) and New Orleans (JKortesi81, TheDangaZone) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why? Joe K & The DangaZone hands down.  Both members have been apart of championship winning teams in the past, and throw in SMJHL GM experience, and with Joe K, championships.  They all know what they are doing, but I just feel with the experience that Joe K brings to the table it will be enough to put the Specters over the top to win a championship in their first season.  

Cedric Robinson has had a more impressive run so far in the playoffs, however, I feel that he has not played the caliber of team that Aleister Cain has played.  So even though his numbers are better, I think in the end you will see Cain continue to play solid in the net, while Robinson doesn't equal his lofty stats to date.  Either way it will be a great series, with whoever steps up will ultimately be the winner.  

F - Joe Kurczewski (NOR) - Its the finals, you cannot have Joe K in your starting Lineup.  9A so far
F- Oisin Fletcher (NOR) - 7 Goals scored, could be the scoring leader at the end of the playoffs.
F- TJ Bayley (BUF) - 8 Goals scored, active playoff leader
D- Alexis Metzler (BUF) - Active points leader for Defensemen in the playoffs
D-Tatu Makela (BUF) - 8 Assists in the playoffs, +8 and 34 hits.  All Around solid dman
G- Robinson (BUF) - playing out of his mind going 8-1-1 so far in the playoffs with a 2.06 GAA.  

5. You have been asked by the league to choose a destination for next seasons all star game and its between New Orleans and Buffalo, which city did you decide should get this important league event and why?  New Orleans, and it isn't even close.  Ask anybody, would you rather to go to NAWLINS or buffalo.. No brainer.  Gambling, Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, Beads and Balconys.  Add to that, the amazing food and entertainment options.  In Buffalo its gonna be cold as hell, nobody can get out and enjoy the sites of the city.  In fact I dont even know what buffalo has to offer...chicken wings?

Joe K - He is the most dangerous player on any ice and any time in this league.  He has dominated the league with his offensive prowess, his hitting ability, and the fact he has multiple championships.  You always have to be wary of Joe K.  
Cedric Robinson - if he continues to stand on his head, and single handily carry his team on his back, then there isn't anything the offence of New Orleans can do to stop him.  
Aleister Cain -  This series will come down to which goalie decides to take the team to the promised land.  Cain has won in the minors, and did so by willing his team to victory.  I can see this happening on senior circuit.  Certainly makes an amazing story line, about the 87th pick in the SMJHL draft becomes the first player to win both championships, doesn't it?

Code:

Thanks for having me on. The way I see it, is that the cup will be hoisted by which ever goalie gets hot during the series. We see Robinson coming into this series already playing at the top of his game. But I question whether or not the layoff will effect him. Yes getting that rest is key in a long playoff, but will that layoff cause him to lose his edge going into the finals? Then on the other side of the ice, you see young Cain, coming off a series clinching shutout 1-0 at the expense of the Minnesota Chiefs. So I know it's cliche for me to say, but whoever's netminder shows up will win the series. From a personal standpoint, having played with Cain, winning a SMJHL championship, I know that he is up for the challenge, and will not wilt under the pressure of the biggest stage. It also doesn't hurt to have so much experience from the top of the organization in Joe K that has won multiple cups in Calgary, and also as the GM in St. Louis. Experience is big in these situations. Even though in Cain's case it was in the SMJHL, but I know Joe K will have his team ready to bring the cup to New Orleans in their inaugural season. What a story!

PM Sent

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 01:50 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 1:

Season 46 was a big change for my team and myself. Our team had just come off the greatest season in SHL history and a Challenge Cup victory, but faced a lot of changes to our roster. We lost a handful of talented players and brought up some of our prospects and started a youth movement. Predictably, we took a step back and got eliminated in the new Wild Card Round in the Western Conference Playoffs.

Personally, I had a big change as well. To fit a need in our roster, I moved from the wing to centre. I worked all off-season on my face-offs in order to be ready, but I was very excited to take the number one centre role. I was really expecting to finally have my breakout season in the SHL, but I didn't really explode like I thought I would. While I did have a career high in points, going from 42 to 44, it was only 2 points better. Getting a prominent role in the lineup, I was expecting a huge season, but it never materialized. I still didn't score as many goals as I would of liked, but did reach a career high in assists with 28. The one area of my game that did greatly improve was my physical game. I crushed my high in checks with 107 hits and actually had a good season at the face-off dot, winning over 50% of my face-offs.

Going into season 47, I start my regression, but I still have my offensive skills. I don't expect to throw the body around as much, especially with my aging body, but I'm still expecting to finally break out offensively. Here's hoping I can finally do that.

(289 words)

Task 3:

Both goalies going into the Challenge Cup Finals have been fantastic. Between the two, Cain has been the busier of the goalies, but still put quality numbers. However, Cedric Robinson has been lights out for the Stampede. He's only allowed 21 goals in 10 games, averaging a measly 2 goals against per game. He's putting up an outstanding 0.925 save percentage and helped Buffalo get to the Finals early and get some much needed rest. I'm giving the edge to Robinson, he's on fire right now. (86 words)

3. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain a little about your selections.

Dermott Lavelle, Joe Kurczewski, Roman Augustus, Tatu Makela, Alexis Metzler, Cedric Robinson

At forward, I like Lavelle's game. He's bring strong face-off play and a balanced attack on defense. Kurczewski speaks for himself, has been one of the best forwards in the SHL for a while now and still brings it every game. Roman Augustus rounds us out, another elite forward. Can do every, pass, score, and hit. On defense, I'm taking two Buffalo players. Metzler has been one of the best defencemen for a long time and is still elite. I'm taking his experience and skill set. Makela is another strong defender and someone who should be getting more attention. Solid all around, shuts down opposing team's best players night in and night out. In goal, I'm taking Robinson because he's on fire right now and, especially in goal, you ride the hot hand and he has that right now. (139 words)

New Orleans and it's not even close. New Orleans is a fantastic party city and a perfect host for an all-star game. The parades, the pageantry, the allure of Bourbon Street, it has everything you want in a city. It's a perfect location to really showcase the SHL's stars. Also, having just received an SHL team, the passion is fresh and new and they'll really embrace the idea of an all-star game. (72 words)

Getting secondary scoring is key to a long playoff run. Thankfully for the Stampede, they are getting some in the form of a third line winger, and their unsung hero, Brock Becker. Averaging just 13.5 minutes a game, none on the power play, Becker has put up 8 points and a plus 5. Becker is making the most of his ice time and really solidifying Buffalo's roster. It's tough to match a line up that gets that kind of production from their third line. Watch out for Becker in the Challenge Cup Finals.

As for New Orleans, their unsung hero has been Sean Stevenson Jr. Playing third pairing minutes, he's second in defensive scoring for New Orleans, playing almost 9 minutes less per game. He's a plus 5, which leads the team, and has also thrown the third most hits on defense. For a third pairing guy, Stevenson Jr. is giving his team quality minutes and making it so that there is no weaknesses on any pairing on defense. (169 words)

Task 9:

Going into the Challenge Cup Finals, I believe the Buffalo Stampede are the favourites to win it all. They're on fire this post-season, going 8-1-1 en route to the finals. They've only given up 21 goals in 10 games and are getting MVP numbers from their goalie, Cedric Robinson. They've got much more balance throughout their lineup than New Orleans and their scoring is much more spread out than the Specters. Buffalo has 4 players in double digit points compared to 2 for New Orleans, but also has 9 players with 8 or more points, to just 3 for New Orleans. Remember that Buffalo has played 3 less games than New Orleans as well. Buffalo is just crushing it right now.

Buffalo is literally better in every statistical category, except for face-offs. They have the better power play, penalty kill, average more shots and give up less, they take less penalties, but hit more, and obviously score more and give up less. It's been pure domination by Buffalo and it's very rare to see a team going into the Finals so well oiled.

If New Orleans wants to get to Buffalo and win this series, they need their best players to step up. They don't carry the same depth as Buffalo so they need their star players to play better than Buffalo's. They need Fletcher, Kurczewski, Augustus, Smyth, and Czerkawski to be the best players in the series and shut down the Stampede. Even with that, they're still going to need their goalie, Aleister Cain, to steal a game or two. Cain has been very good this post-season so he is capable of doing that, but the star power and depth of the Stampede is going to be a new challenge for him.

The Specters have a chance at winning it all, any team has a chance if they make it to the Finals, but the Stampede are just playing at another level right now. I expect them to keep that going and win the Season 46 Challenge Cup.

(339 words)

Task 14:

PM'd

Task 15:

S46 CW Podcast

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Quote:Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)

New Orleans - Jimmy Slothface @slothfacekilla

While Slothface might have had a slow performance in this year's SMJHL season, this is not to say that he won't cause some damage once called up to play with the big boys. Being the first ever draft pick of the Spectres is a huge weight to carry for the young prospect, but with some training and some hard work, I have no doubt that this will be effortless for him.

Quote:TASK 4: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: vArzPHx.png]

Quote:TASK 6: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

Going with wildcard teams here from the J
[Image: hkMRkLE.png]
@bilbo
@Pris
@Flames1848
@Pingy Pingu
@StadiumGambler
@ArGarBarGar
@StadiumGambler

Quote:TASK 8: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: v6Ljgpv.png]

Quote:Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)

New England are without a doubt one of the team's in the SHL with the biggest gaps in their roster. So much so that they were almost resorting to calling up natural rookies straight after being drafted for season 46, this never came to be however. In Perry Morgan's situation, management at the Halifax Raiders were near enough pleading with the New England front office to let Morgan stay down for at least another season. Clearly there is no competition for roster spots within the organisation. In fact Perry will most likely be playing with fellow S46 Rookie Guy Zheng. The pair have played together before in the WJC, so hopefully some synergy can be formed and help keep the Wolfpack somewhat out of last place. For his rookie season this year, Perry will just be looking to get his feet wet in the SHL with the big boys. Maybe land a few points but just do his job and defend the net more than anything else. 

Quote:TASK 12: (Graphic, 3 TPE)

[Image: ZOIuRp6.png]

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 11:34 AM by Rabidsponge21.)

sent

[Image: CW1.png]

Ooof, you happened to walk into one of the challenge cup teams locker room and witnessed a truly shocking visual which left you stunned! You closed your eyes and quickly left the premises... word has gotten out that something went down in the LR but the details are murky.. HO is investigating the matter and asking you 'the eye witness' to explain what happened! Must be 150 words or more.

Looking to nab an interview with some of the young stampede players, there was a few things that was stumbled upon leading up to this draft. The Stampede locker room, clearly not ready for any media was surprised by a sudden intrusion by a fellow SHL player. What Ludwig Koch Schroder walked into was nothing short of strange and bewildering. What he saw was nothing other than McZehrl with an almost satanic looking drawing on the floor with nothing but a pile of New orleans themed childrens rubber balls stacked almost to the height of a human. Candles were lite, and the room was dark as he talked in hushed tones, but they were in an almost foreign dialectic, some even say Germanic. He turned slowly, frothing at the mouth as his eyes seemed to gleam in a redish colour. He looked Ludwig straight in the eyes, slowly drew a knife, slicing his open palm and smearing it on a ball, and THRUSTING the knife into the ball and letting it slowly deflate. Ludwig left quickly after.

- Advantage Buffalo. Why? Well I have never seen Joe or TDZ coach or GM a team before, so honestly I think their ability to line match and make changes when needed won't be as guided or in depth as what Buffalo will be able to manage, and if the series goes more than 5-6 games New Orleans will be sunk.

- You have to give it to the rookie out of Buffalo. Cedric Robinson has come into the league and lead his team all the way to the finals in a league thats so fiercely competitive and filled with many great goalies. He is about to not only set history for himself but for the franchise if they were to win.

- New Orleans obviously. it's a place where a yearly massive party is held, and when compared to Buffalo (a city which no one willingly goes to, it's more of a "crap I was born here, well might as well continue to live here), which only offers tons of disappointing sports team and OK wings, its a no brainer.

- Joe Kurczewski - The Playoff king, he always seems to find another gear come playoffs and I'd assume this year is no different.
Alexis Metzler - He has stayed through all the shit that Buffalo has experienced for 15+ seasons. He is ready to win. Look out.
Leafer Rielly - No Stranger to winning from West kendall, he knows what it takes to win.

- Demarcus Smith - 4 game winning goals? In a hottly contested playoffs? Yeah, he has a game breaking ability and the Spectres need to keep an eye on him at all times. He may not be totally leading the Stampede in offense, but he has been no slouch either and has been able to score at the right times and right places, so look out, he has a hot stick.

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 02:51 PM by karlssens.)

TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE) From an individual perspective, Karlstraße Scholz took a step back in his second full season. Registering 28 points and 53 shot blocks, he fell short of his 32 points and league leading 80 shot blocks in his rookie season. His +13 rating also dropped to an even +0. While his own performance dipped, the performance of the Kelowna Knights as a whole found new levels of success. Finishing the regular season as the #1 seed, the Knights compiled a very strong regular season record, a series sweep in their first playoff series and a nail-biter game 7 victory against Montreal in the next round. Set to battle against the St. Louis Scarecrows, Karlstraße and the Knights are eager put a capper on a fantastic season with a 4 star cup winning performance. The best moment so far this season would have to be the game 7 victory against Montreal. With the season on the line the Knights delivered, coming through in the clutch. This is the first time a Scholz has made the 4 star finals, let alone won a playoff series, so it was a big moment to say the least. Despite worse totals in his second full season Scholz excelled on the powerplay, registering 13 of his 28 points on the man advantage. One area he'd like to work on for next season is his shot and goal scoring. A shooter by trade, he managed just 72 shots on net, totaling a mere 10 goals. His target for next season is to crack 100 shots on goal and hopefully register 15 or more goals.

TASK 2: (Welfare, 3 TPE) NSFL PT2 welfare claim

TASK 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
1. On paper I have to lean towards the Stampede, but at a managerial level the tactical advantage definitely favors New Orleans, specifically JKortesi81. During his time on the site he has built a good reputation as a clutch performer and known winner. As one of the managers of the scarecrows down in the juniors he was able to bring home the 4 star on multiple occasions and build a perennial contender. WannabeFinn has been a long time member and has experienced a lot over his time here, but his track record is not nearly as polished as JKortesi81.
2. While not a "rookie" by definition, Aleister Cain has only served as a back up until S46, his first full season. Both him and Cedric Robinson built very strong career numbers in the SMJHL and look to have continued that trend right in to the SHL. While it's hard to pick just one I have to give the edge to Cedric Robinson. The Stampede struggled the last few seasons with FourFour between the pipes and in his first full season Robinson has done his part in driving the Stampede to a President's trophy and Challenge Cup finals appearance. Should he manage to secure the Challenge Cup it will be one of the more notable rookie seasons in a long time as far as goal tending is concerned.
3. At forward I'm going to go with Viktor Marius, Joe Kurzewski and Oisin Fletcher. All 3 combine a high level of skill with a ferocious physical game. They can punish the opposition in more ways than one and wreak havoc on the scoreboard too. Both of these teams are defensively sound, but if I had to select just 2 I'd go with Tatu Makela and Alexis Metzler. Makela is quickly becoming the next premier defenseman and in discussion for the defenseman of the year, wheras Metzler is a long established premier defenseman eager to continue his successful career. Lastly in goal it's tough to pick yet again, but I'm going to go with Aleister Cain. While both are equally great, Cain has won multiple titles in the juniors and has had exposure to a contending team during his time in Edmonton. His experience gives him an edge over Robinson.
4. Honestly I just want to reference the goalies again, but I'll go with someone else. On Buffalo I'd go with Cassius Darrow @hhh81 and on New Orleans I'll go with Nicholas Williams @Nictox . The Stampede are deep defensively, but given Darrow's tremendous growth the management will be hard pressed to keep this guy in a depth role much longer. Expect for him to move up with a regressed Metzler and Walker in the fold. New Orleans has a wealth of forwards to work with, but none quite as unique as Williams. Currently playing 1st line minutes, he's quickly gaining valuable experience and should start pumping out large point totals as early as next season.

TASK 9: (Written, 3 TPE) After stepping down from his position as GM of the Edmonton Blizzard, Nikolaus Scholz took a temporary position in the broadcasting booth to try his hand as color commentary -- Both of these teams pride themselves on their ability to keep the puck out of their net. Building upon strong defensive corps and a talented young netminder, both teams also possess several offensive weapons inside their top 6 that can take over a game on any given night. That being said there's typically a favorite and this finals match up is no exception. While New Orleans boast the more experienced roster, you can't ignore the dominance Buffalo has displayed this season. Pegged as the top team in my mid season power rankings, the Stampede picked up the pace down the stretch and earned the President's Trophy as the top regular season team. They followed up on that with strong performances in the post season against the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Manhattan Rage. The several season's of disappointing finishes it seems to have all come together for the Stampede as they are set to faceoff for their first ever chance at the Challenge Cup in franchise history. New Orleans might not be the favorite, but their wealth of post season experience in their line up suggests they won't be a push over. Buffalo better bring their best game if they hope to eliminate the Specters in what is their first Challenge Cup finals appearance in franchise history. It should be an exciting series!

TASK 14: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE) Sent.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride