Create Account

S46 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 12:20 PM by ej27.)

The playoffs are a super exciting time of the season. You know what makes them more exciting? Giving out a ton of TPE!

Here's how this will work: there are five tasks, each of which is worth up to 2 TPE for putting in a little effort, for a total of 10 possible TPE. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S46 SMJHL DRAFTEES (S47 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative.

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.
Must include: 150 words.

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the side of the site.
Requirements: Must include a team logo and at least one player render. (Grading criteria for this task will be EXTREMELY lax, if you're not good at graphics just gimme your best ms paint garbage idc as long as it meets the criteria.)

Task #5 - Highlight any goalie matchup from the playoffs.
Requirements: Written - 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. Graphic - both team logos and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 7 full days after the final PBP is complete, 11:59PM EST.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2019, 08:49 AM by XLeafer.)

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes.

Reporter: What were your expectations for this post season with the lions?
Roenick: I expect it to be an interesting but unpredictable series. Obviously this is my first season with the club and I have no clue on how it will go. I was expecting a close series because we are a consistent team. Obviously that was not the case and left with disappointment.
Reporter: Will next year be different?
Roenick: For sure. All our players will be much better, our offense will improve rapidly, our defense will be more responsible and on tact. As for myself, I will do my best to help the team with the best of my ability.
Reporter: What did you wish you would do that did not happen?
Roenick: Just be helpful. I was not great in the playoffs and obviously I would love to take it back but I cannot. I learned a lot and hoping to improve in the future.

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want.

Top 5 noteworthy people in the audience

5. Monkey D. Luffy - He finally gets an experience on what playing in the finals feels like.
4. Shane Dawson - Not only his love for the sport of hockey and the four star cup, but thought there were a lot of cats in Kelowna.
3. John Tavares - Tavares refused to talk to Montreal so he decided to watch the game and see their team lose. Anyone could use a snake.
2. Patrick Laine - Came to see Filip Zadina play and learn not only his shot but also his fortnite skills.
1. Leafer Rielly - He has won 2 SMJHL Cups with Kelowna so he brings not only his good luck in buffalo but also in Kelowna.

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.

Lets talk about game 3! Kelowna was up 2 to 0 and STL is looking to comeback. So this was a must win game. 1st period starts and Kelowna gets a power play and score. Bad start. Then 2 minutes later, Brunton answers back to tie the game up. With 10 minutes left in the 1st, the 1st rounder Zadina shoots the flash and gives his team a 2-1 lead and the 1st period ends. 2nd period starts and a bunch of penalties has been taken but no goals so far. Half way through the period, Sharp finds Klaus for a great pass and Kelowna has tied it. 3rd period starts and lots of great chances so far. Magnicotta has the puck and goes from one end to another and scores the goal to give his team a 1 goal lead with 10 minutes to go in the game. But kelowna scores with 3 seconds left which was insane. OT we go and it was very close for kelowna to take a 3-0 series lead but Fleming says no. STL wins.

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the side of the site.

[Image: uIYoSyZ.png?width=139&height=406]

The goalie matchup is in the 3rd round between the two teams that faced off in the finals all the way back in S33. Aleksi O'Koivu-Volkova for montreal and Vivian Leblanc for kelowna. Both of these goals have been steller for their respective teams and they are the reason they are in this situation right now. Both of these goaltenders have a SV% above .900 with leblanc at .905 and volkova at .915. Terrific save percentage in an offensive league. Leblanc has a GAA at 2.03 and Volkova at 2.13 which is still very good. What is very good about this matchup is that both of these goaltenders have a shutout and facing off each other. 1 shutout for each of them. It is tough to tell who is the better one but in statistics wise and who is in front of them, Volkova has the edge at being the better goaltender. But lost.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 11:33 AM by fever95.)

Task #1
[Image: wqeB4Bi.png]

Task #2
Top 5 Clutch Performances
#5 - Fork Spoon - Game 4
With a chance to tie the series at two games a piece, Spoon put up two big goals in game 4, tying the game up on two separate occasions.

#4 - Tyler Tougard - Game 4
Tyler Tougard also put a pair of goals ob the scoresheet in game 4, one of which was the go ahead goal late in the second period and another early in the third period which would prove to be the game winner.

#3 - Bobby Sharp - Game 3
Sharp scored two goals, including one with three seconds left to send the game to overtime and added an assist but it was not enough as St. Louis won the game in OT.

#2 - Jerry Larry - Game 6
Larry had himself a game to remember in game 6, throwing five shots on goal and delivering one hit. One of those shots found it’s way to the back of the net early on in overtime to force a seventh and deciding game after the Scarecrows looked to be down and out late in the game.

#1 - Gordie Boomhover - Game 7
Gordie was all over the ice and was the hero in game 7 for St. Louis. He scored two goals on four shots on goal with two hits. He opened and closed the scoring for the Scarecrows and scored the 4 Star Cup clinching goal.

Task #3
Game 6 was played at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis and the Kelowna Knights were up by a score of 2-1 with under six minutes to go in the third period. It looked as though Kelowna had the game under control and would win the 4 Star Cup but the Scarecrows had other plans. The turning point of the game came with just under three minutes left when Valeri Tikhonov buried his third goal of the playoffs to send the game to overtime. St. Louis would carry that momentum into the bonus hockey and eventually, Jerry Larry potted the winner on the powerplay, two minutes in. The hometown crowd roared with excitement as they learned that their hometown Scarecrows had forced a seventh and deciding game and a chance to win their third straight championship. St. Louis carried that momentum into game seven and it paved the way for a hard-fought 4-3 win to complete the series comeback after being down 0-2 to capture their third straight 4 Star Cup.

Task #4
[Image: yQHlNpY.png]

Task #5
[Image: mbBRMas.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 08:37 PM by Fordyford.)

Task #1 - Write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. 

I got together with Tony Ford before the playoffs and he had some interesting thoughts about a playoff run for Anchorage. I asked where they were hoping to finish, and he had this to say: "It was really close this season in the centre of the league, other than St Louis and Kelowna every team in the top 7 or 8 was pretty much equally good. I'd hope we can scrape our way into the cup finals, but realistically, we should end up in the top 4."

I also asked how he thought he would perform. He said: "I struggled a bit at points in the regular season, but I thought I picked it up towards the end. I'm hoping to get a couple of goals maybe, we'll see how it goes. Mostly I just want to be contributing to the team and pushing us as far as we can go, especially as it's some of our best players' last year in the Juniors."

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative.

5 Celebrities to watch for at game 1:

1: Gunnar Söderberg's sister: This rookie's sister, I'm informed, is actually an internationally known supermodel. Unfortunately for Gunnar, looks clearly don't run in the family.

2: Gunnar Söderberg's brother: Apparently, Gunnar's brother is a well known TV scientist. It's a shame smarts don't run in the family either.

3: Gunnar Söderberg's uncle: Turn's out Gunnar's uncle is a minister in the Swedish government. It's always helpful to have politicians on side.

4: Gunnar Söderberg's grandmother: Gunnar's grandma, who's going on 100 this year, saved the lives of many during WWII by smuggling them out of Germany. Huh. Gunnar needs to step up his game.

5:Gunnar Söderberg's great uncle: He was a somewhat well known movie star during the early days of Hollywood apparently. Who'd have thought it.

Game 1:

Here's a summary of the goals in Kelowna's crushing game 1 victory over St Louis.

1st Period
Liam Hutchinson takes the puck off a rebound on the Kelowna power play, powering it in to the back of the net. Kelowna took the early lead with this and St Louis never recovered.

2nd Period
Kelowna get another power play, and 7 minutes into the period they convert again, this time courtesy of Nickolas Klaus receiving the puck where it falls from a blocked shot, and giving Sorokin no chance to defend. It's 2-0 Kelowna

Sorokin gets lucky with a shot narrowly missing the net, before Dick Clapper receives it round the back of the net and smashes it home on a one timer. It slipped under Sorokin's pads, and he's having a disappointing night. 3-0 Kelowna

A one timer from the blue line by Aleksandr Scherbak flies in past Sorokin's glove on a deflection, and Kelowna make it 4-0. Sorokin is pulled, after a terrible performance in the second.

3rd Period

No goals scored in the third, with Kelowna failing to record a shot and St Louis getting nothing from 8. It's a Kelowna shutout in game one, as St Louis failed to convert all their chances.

Requirements: Must include a team logo and at least one player render.

[Image: QuuthcF.jpg]

Requirements: Written - 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. 

Peter Larson vs. Billy Sorokin

2 evenly matched teams coming into the series, and it was always likely to be the goalies who decided it. Peter Larson is in his second season, after an outstanding rookie season which saw him win rookie of the year, as well as be nominated for best goalie in the SMJHL. Having said that, he had a somewhat disappointing season this year, going .894 and 21-18-3 in the regular season, which may have been upsetting with one of the best D-corps around in front of him. 

Sorokin had only .873 in the regular season, but with St Louis being stronger up front he went 28-14-1 leading St Louis to a very strong second place finish in the regular season. He definitely had a decent season though.

In the playoffs, Sorokin remained consistent, getting .875 over his 12 GP so far. Larson had his ups and downs, ending up at .898 over 11 GP, but managed to pick up Anchorage and carry them through some games, while really struggling in others. Overall a pretty even matchup, but Larson often struggled in the third, and that poor third period cost them the series.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 01:01 AM by BDonini.)

Task #1:
[Image: 15yc3nm.png]

Task #2:
Ranking the top 5 hottest players in the SMJHL finals.

1. Gunnar Söderberg
[Image: william-nylander-2018-38.jpg]
Yea, no explanation needed for this one.

2. Charlie Serpe
[Image: 20180917IHM_Hughes.jpg?width=300]
Serpe's got perfect hair, the cutest face and that cute little beauty mark under his eye makes you want to protect him at all costs.

3. Taisei-Tiikeri Wawazat
[Image: william-karlsson-2019-7776.jpg]
While flows are usually overrated and make guys look uglier, Wawazat pulls it off perfectly and it looks majestic along his flawless facial structure. That jawline tho.

4. Michael Fox
[Image: martin-necas-2018-979.jpg]
Fox's hair and eyes make him one of the most irresistible little cuties in the SMJHL.

5. Filip Zadina
[Image: filip-zadina-2019-34.jpg]
While most scruffs usually look really sloppy, Zadina's actually looks good and if anything probably makes him look even better than he would if he was clean shaven. Bonus points for the 2nd best jawline fo the bunch.

Task #3:
Game 2 Post Game Show

Audi Star of the Game: Vivian Leblanc Knights
Leblanc put up 34 saves in a game where his team was outshot 35-19 leading them to a 3-1 win and a 2-0 series lead. Leblanc's excellent goaltending was a huge part of Kelowna's success all season long and game 2 was no different as he stood tall in his crease and got the job done so that his teammates could score a few goals and take the win.

Tide Flop of the Game: Ty Hoover Scarecrows
St. Louis' top centre went missing in an extremely important game putting up a -1 rating as he had no shots, hits or blocks as well as no goals or assists despite leading all St. Louis forwards in ice time. St. Louis needs more out of their first line if they're going to come back in this series and that starts with their first line centre, Ty Hoover who needs to lead this team in production as much as he leads them in ice time.

Task #4:
[Image: 16hqhe1.png]

Task #5:
Like in any playoff series, this year's SMJHL finals could very well come down to goaltending, so let's take a quick look at the goaltender battle between the Kelowna Knights and St. Louis Scarecrows from the regular season.

Knights Vivian Leblanc: 0.895 Sv% (4th), 2.54 GAA (4th), 22 wins (2nd)
Scarecrows Billy Sorokin: 0.873 Sv% (10th), 3.10 GAA (10th), 28 wins (1st)

It's clear that the Knights have the advantage in the goalie battle in this series, Sorokin was one of the worst goalies in the league all season long and was often bailed out by the very good team in front of him while Leblanc put up solid numbers as he helped backstop Kelowna to a 1st place finish. Looking at the goalie matchup in this round it's pretty clear that if St. Louis want to 3-peat the Four Star Cup, they'll need to do what they've done all season and put up lots of goals to make up for their shaky goaltending.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 03:51 PM by Julio Tokolosh.)

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. 
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.
- Chaz Anderson: Mr. Tokolosh, as a young contributor to the Colorado Raptor's, please describe your playoff hopes using a color.
- Tokolosh: Chaz, you ask the weirdest questions. First of all, it's an honor to be considered a contributor. Management and the coaching staff have worked relentlessly to put us in a good place to succeed. I don't think a rookie cow is any GM's first choice for a second line winger. When given linemates like Nick Brain and Jake Peralta, you've really got to elevate your game. Brain's game is sort of a forgotten art, but the space he creates out there makes it really easy to get comfortable. Not every rookie has a big tough guy like that making the way for him or her. As a team, we've really struggled to generate a high level of offense all year, and a bit of that is on me, but if we all do our part, focus on our complete game, and keep it close, I think we can take Halifax. No disrespect to them, but we haven't played our complete game yet. Getting Toivanen back from his holdout is just what we need to make another upset run. In terms of colors, I'm sticking with Colorado's blue and yellow. Because the first round is already over and i know my prediction is wrong, yellow because we played like cowards, and blue because I'm feeling down after losing early.

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative. 
Top five locker room guys:
1) Gunnar Soderberg - you don't get to the finals without a little locker room spunk (don't google, or do), and this talented rookie winger has done a fabulous with stereo responsibilities. Gunnar is one of the highest TPE earners in the class, but has lost minutes due to a stacked team. Positive morale ripples in all directions from this sassy swede.
2) Slap McShotty - another contributing under 10 minutes, this fun named center was named to the USA's WJC team.
3) Tony Ford - A young defenseman with a great work ethic and a foul mouth. a top chirper and elite shit stirrer.
4) Wibbly McButternutz - A joker through and through. A bit of a party animal, too.  would hate to see him overdose. I hope he's careful.
5) Marc Hagan - This guy has been there and done that. a rebuild and simmer with leaguewide respect. control's the setting (literally) wherever he goes.

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc. 
Player Profiles for Game 3
Fleming Vs. Fox:
These two are highly skilled teammates who have complimentary skill sets. They will continue to skate together in the World Junior Classic (lines to be determined), but are going to be coming in hot off of a full SMJHL schedule. Tonight's edge goes to Nicolas Fleming. While his plus / minus was neutral, and Fox's was even, he got four shots on goal and was a top contributor in five on five ice time, power play, and penalty kill. His performance was capped off by the game winning goal, 8 seconds into overtime.
Move Your Feet, Boys:
Perhaps the long seasons are starting to wear on these two teams, as both took multiple bad endurance penalties throughout the game. Tougard got called for a tripping penalty on his first shift of the game, after get out-hustled for the puck by the Knight's captain Kocsis. The penalty calls evened out six minutes later when Laroche-Durocher got caught on his heels trying to guard the talented first year, Zadina. The game was riddled with effort errors that ultimately effected the outcome. Barry Batsbak for Tripping, Pierre Laroche-Durocher for Holding, Taisei-Tiikeri Wawazat for Slashing, and Vadim Malichov for tripping filled the second period with specialty lines.
The game was came down to the last minute of play, where a tired Basil Magnicotta hooked rookie Gunnar Soderberg. The ensuing Powerplay was enough to tie the game and take it to overtime. I can't imagine the players go much rest after the game before the quick turnaround, so it will be interesting to see if the slow feet and sloppy sticks follow the teams to game 4.

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the side of the site.

[Image: JjCBZKz.jpg]

Task #5 - Highlight any goalie matchup from the playoffs.
Requirements: Written - 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. Graphic - both team logos and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.
Round 1: Colorado Raptors (10) vs. Halifax Raiders (7)
The Raptors and Raiders series was projected by Kholin to only go to six games, with the Raiders running away with it as they hit their stride. While neither goalie was consistently good, their averages, well, averaged out. Behind the hot and cold gloves of Colorado's Yuri Ushakov and Halifax's Mike McKorsy, things got out to an interesting start. After zero saves on four shots, Ushakov was pulled, and replaced with Aleksandr Aleksandrov, who played a 15 shot shutout, leading to a comeback victory. The next game, some coaches might have stuck with the hot hand, but Coach Salami knew to keep the wounded Ushakov between the pipes, leading to a 1-0 shutout victory. McKorsy played admirably as well, letting in only one of 20 shots on net, on the penalty kill, no less. The third game introduced even more confusion. Ushakov followed up his saveless game with a scoreless one, and his scoreless one with another 4 goal allowed effort, leading him to get pulled twice in 3 games, with a flawless shutout sandwhiched between. Of the first 3 games, 2 combined for 8 goals in ~40 minutes of ice time, and 1 was a 60 minute brick wall. McKorsy was also inconsistent, but was never pulled, and held Colorado to 1 goal or less in 5 of the 7 efforts.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 12:45 PM by SDCore.)

Task #1:

Going into the playoff’s rookie Corey Kennedy was excited about Anaheim’s chances in the SMJHL playoffs. Talking to him we asked what his favorite part of his rookie regular season was. “It was definitely getting into the locker room here and getting on the ice. Hanging out with my new teammates, gaining chemistry, and getting to play exciting hockey.” Looking forward we asked the young defensemen what he thought of the Outlaws chances. “I think we have a chance to compete and go far. Hopefully we can get some early wins in and get ahead. Then let momentum take us the rest of the way. If we don’t end up doing well, then we don’t we had a good regular season and we should be looking good towards next year.”

*Editors note* This interview was taken before the Anaheim Outlaws were ousted in the first round against the Montreal Militia. Corey Kennedy had no comment following the Game 5 loss.

Task #2:

Top 5 places to pre-game for the finals in St. Louis.

#5: Budweiser Brewery Experience – Take a tour around the Bud Brewery and experience what it takes to make the “true” American lager. Take a picture with the Clydesdales, have a pint, dance a jig, and enjoy.

#4: John D. McGurks Irish Pub and Garden – This is a lovely old Irish pub on the Mississippi River. Filled with food, beer, whiskey, and live music. This pub is just a few blocks south of the stadium.

#3: - Center Ice Brewery – So close to the Stadium, plus it is already hockey themed. How could you not go here and enjoy a pint or two and hope you don’t forget to enter the stadium in time for the game.

#2: - Urban Chestnut Midtown Brewery and Biergarten: - Urban Chestnut is a nice little brewpub located downtown, that specializes in craft beers and German style food. Get yourself a taster flight and a pretzel, then a pint and head over the stadium, which is walking distance.

1#: - Louisville, because yes… even Louisville is a better place to go then St. Louis. Which mean pretty much anywhere is better than St. Louis.

Task #3 – 

Scarecrows scare late. Coming into Game 3 were down 2-0 looking to not go down fall to 3-0 in the series versus the Kelowna Knights. The Knights started off strong, but St. Louis quickly countered with 2 goals of their own, going up 2-1 to end the first. This game would end up being tied going into to overtime. St. Louis was looking dead in the water, letting up a Power Play goal with only 50 seconds left in regulation. However, Nicolas Fleming proved to have the game in hand, when just 8 seconds into the extra frame, he got a good shot off a nice play from Slip McScruff. Fleming was able to get a good shot out of it, converting it for an overtime winner. This helped keep the St. Louis Scarecrows, 4 Star Cup hopes alive. There will at least be a game 5, if the Scarecrows can win the next one at home, then we are back to an even series and it’s going to be a best of 3.

Task#4 – [Image: lR3Y5c1.png]

Task #5 –

Vivian Leblanc 22-12 .895% 2.52 GAA Knights  vs Aleksi O’Koivu-Volkova 22-16 .896% 2.53 GAA Militia 

Game 6

KEL 3 – MTL 2

This was a big match up for Aleksi, as the Montreal Militia were facing elimination in the semi-final round. There was not shortage of goalie action as Aleksi, stood on his head for this matchup. The first period started out fast paced as Aleksi, would not be beat stopping all 15 shots in the 1st. Kelowna finally broke through in the 2nd with a goal from Guy Zheng. That however was all Kelowna would muster against Aleksi this match. Aleski stood on his head stopping 34 of 35 shots.

Vivian Leblanc stopped 19 of 21 shots, with a .905 save%.

Aleksi O’Koivu got the win on 34 of 35 saves with a .971 save %.

Aleski helped Montreal get a big win which would propel their team into a final and deciding game 7 against the Kelowna Knights. Which is set up to be a bit one.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Tasks 1-5: simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 02:07 PM by esilverm.)

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.

Me: Here we are with Nicolaj Muller from the St. Louis Scarecrows. How do you feel about making it to the Four Star Cup finals this season, and how has the experience been for you so far?

Nicolaj Muller: So far, the experience has been great! Never had I thought that the team I would sign to would make it to the finals in the first season I played for them! I guess I am a lucky charm!

Me: Well they actually have won the last two seasons…

NM: I guess you are right… Well still I’m pumped to play the Knights! We have absolutely dominated them the last few seasons so I am thinking we will do well. However, I don’t want to get cocky and play like I have for the last few games. Points don’t matter at this point. It is all about the cup and my team getting the threepeat.

Top 5 Scarecrows Players with Weird Playoff Superstitions

1. Basil Magnicotta – The night before every playoff game, Magnicotta goes to the grocery store and buys 7 bags of basil right before the store closes. He then goes home and proceeds to eat all of them while watching made for TV movies on the Hallmark channel.
2. Nicolas Fleming – A few hours before every game he eats extremely spicy ramen to wake himself up. Then when he gets to the arena, he proceeds to flush it out of his system so he doesn’t have to take a shit during the game.
3. Slip McScruff – McScruff owns 74 human sized punching bags. Before each game he punches each one 20 times to get his physical game on. Why he owns so many is an enigma to all in the locker room.
4. Billy Sorokin – Right before the puck drop, he waters his glove as if it were a plant. What is he trying to grow?
5. Filip Zadina – In between each period, he tells gossip about the other team and gives out Netflix recommendations.

Finals Game 3

Fox Sports Midwest Five Stars of the Night

1st Star: Mattie Brunton – This rookie completely changed the course of the game. He deserves this star. Racking up 2 points (1G, 1A) in the first period he may just be the thing that St Louis needs to win this series.

2nd Star: Filip Zadina – Ok we got another incredible rookie here who helped St Louis get their first lead of the series. He is the top of his class in TPE and deserves consideration for the crow’s Rookie of the year award.

3rd Star: Nicolas Fleming and Slip McScruff – Even though there were plenty of missed shots by these two, they won the game in a matter of seconds. I don’t know what else to say except WOW.

4th Star: Basil Magnicotta – This player has been the most consistent on the entire Scarecrows team for this series. He makes the plays when he needs to and he puts up points when he has to. This player deserves his recognition.

5th Star: The Scarecrows 4th line – Though they only get about 7 minutes of ice time per game, these bad boys (Nicolaj Muller, Noah Gallagher, and Boris Poroshenko) put in the work. They came out as a +1 and had a total of 2 points which is pretty good considering their lack of ice time

Infinity-th Star: Scarecrows Penalty Kill – It is absolute trash and it has been like this for the last few games. The Scarecrows need to pump this shit up if they want to win the finals.

[Image: xjPaway.png]
i have never done this before. I should've just used paint

Finals Goalie Matchup

Billy Sorokin vs Vivian Leblanc

In this series we will see the two of the top goaltenders battle it out for the 4 star cup. So far in these playoffs we have seen both of these goalies for over 10 games each. In the save percentage column, Vivian Leblanc leads the two with a 0.903, while Billy Sorokin holds a 0.875. This is because Leblanc has let in 23 goals on 237 shots while Sorokin has let in 32 on 256. Both of these percentages are very high so they shouldn’t make much difference. One other important factor to look at is the goals against average. Sorokin holds a 2.74 while Leblanc holds a 2.03. These values are mildly similar, but Leblanc clearly holds an edge over Sorokin in all stat areas. One other neat tidbit is that Vivian Leblanc has 1 shutout in these playoffs which came in the Game 7 against the Montreal Militia which led them to the finals. Even though the Kelowna Knights own an advantage in goalie skill and stats, they have a lot to go against with this stacked Scarecrow’s team.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 12:56 PM by jblock3.)

Task #1:
Interviewer: The Falcons ended the season in ninth place and will face the eighth place Vancouver Whalers in the first round. The Whalers won the regular season series against you, what do you think your chances are of advancing to round two?
Josh Driver: I think we have a much better shot than most people seem to think. Most of our Vancouver games were in the beginning of the season and we've gotten a lot stronger as the season has progressed.
I: Do you think the Falcons have what it takes to make a run for the Cup?
JD: It'll be tough for sure, but I think we have the talent to surprise some people.
I: You finished the season with 14 points. How much do you think you'll be able to contribute in these playoffs?
JD: I'll keep playing my game as I have been all season and put myself into positions to score in the limited time I get.

Task #2:

Task #3:

Task #4:

Task #5:
Round one of the SMJHL playoffs featured a series between the eighth place Vancouver Whalers and the ninth place Detroit Falcons. The goalie matchup I will be highlighting for this series is Vancouver's Casimir Stevens versus Detroit's Jakub Hasek. Detroit would end up winning this series in five games, and Hasek had a lot to do with that. This result came as a surprise to some, and looking at the regular season stats for these two goalies would support viewing the Whalers as the favorite for this playoff series. Jakub Hasek started 27 games for the Falcons and ended up with 11 wins. Throughout these 27 games, Hasek posted a save percentage of 0.890 and allowed an average of 2.80 goals per game. On the other hand, Casimir Stevens started 33 games this season for the Whalers. Performing better than Hasek did throughout the regular season, Stevens recorded a save percentage of 0.904 and allowed an average of 2.38 goals per game. Stevens was also able to record 2 shutouts, while Hasek did not record any shutouts.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 03:47 PM by Sami.)

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. 

We sat down with Sami Raanta today and asked him about his feelings of the Whalers season and the playoffs. The Whalers faced the Falcons in the play-in round, but ultimately lost to them in six games. This is what Sami responded with:

"I really think the season was a nice set up for next year. Everyone here knew that this season was to get some experience and to gel as a team. I think we did a pretty good job with it. You always want to be successful and if you are in the playoffs, you always want to go all the way. The series against the Falcons was pretty tough but in the end, the Falcons deserved to win. That was hard because we were the better team after the regular season, but it is what it is. Now, we are looking forward to next year because our rookies all are very passionate and developing nicely and I think we can do some playoff damage next season."

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative. 

Top 5 post game interview quotes to look forward to:

1. "Sometimes you do the hard work and set the table and somebody else eats the meal." - Basil Magnicotta after a tough game 5 loss.

2. "We didn't lose the game. We just ran out of time." - Gordie Boomhover after an even tougher game 6 loss.

3. "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." - NJBadApple after losing the first three games.

4. "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." - Guy Zheng after winning the cup.

5. "They shouldn't hit me. I'm the father of three or four kids." - Dick Clapper.

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc. 

Game three between the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Kelowna Knights was insane. Being down 2-0 in the series, the Crows needed a win big time. They were able to go up 3-2 in the third period by a goal from Defenseman Magnicotta, but they were shocked as Bobby Sharp and the Kelowna Knights were able to the the game only three seconds before the buzzer. You could have heard a needle drop at that point. The game went to OT while everyone thought the Crows to close in on the Knights in the series. In OT though, the Crows were able to show up again and only eight seconds in, Fleming scored the game winner. This was such a crucial game for the Scarecrows as they were then able to win the cup after seven games. What looked like a desaster for the Crows 3 seconds before the end turned out to be the turning point in the series.

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the side of the site.

[Image: vAcvoPR.png]

Vivian Leblanc (Kelowna Knights) vs. Billy Sorokin (St. Louis Scarecrows)

Save Perecentage: Vivian Leblanc has the advantage here. The Kelowna goaltender saved 90.3% of the shots she faced while on the other side, Billy Sorokin was only able to stop 87.5%. 

Goals Against Average: Vivian Leblanc is ahead in this regard as well, only having a GAA of 2.03. Billy Sorokin on the other hand has a GAA of 2.74. 

Shutouts: While Leblanc was able to have one shutout, Sorokin wasn't able to put one up himself. So Leblanc is having the advantage here aswell.

Summary: Leblanc is clearly having the better playoffs. She is the better goaltender in regards to Save Percentage, Goals Against Average and Shutouts. It's always the question if she just has the better defense in front of her but it seems like the Kelowna Knights with Vivian Leblanc in net are in the much better position in this series than the Scarecrows with Billy Sorokin.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 12:52 PM by Steelhead77.)

Task #1 - Interview

Media: We're here with Halifax rookie Esa Parmborg, who's team just made it to the 2nd round of the S46 playoffs and will face off against the St.Louis Scarecrows, what are you're hopes for this post-season Esa?

Esa Parmborg: Well I hope we can win the cup, we have a great team and a lot of deserving players, I think we definitely have what it takes to knock of St.Louis and win it all. There's skill top to bottom in our line up, we'll need a few bounces but I think we can do it. I'm hoping  can contribute down the stretch as well, I'm having a good post-season so far and I'd love to help the team win more games and make a good run. Overall I'm happy to just be a part of the playoffs as a rookie, it's been a lot of fun.

Task #2 - Top 5 Stadium Concessions

#1 Sausage Peppers & Onions - A classic and must start in all stadium formats.
#2 Hot Dog  - Another classic and popular item nationwide
#3 Fries - All formats. Must be included.
#4 Nachos - Classic stadium snack, especially when left under the seat afterwards and stepped on
#5 Big Pretzel - Good to soak up beer if you've have too much to drink

Task #3 - Finals Game Recap

We'll take a closer look at Game 1 of the Four Star Cup Finals. It was anyone's game coming into this one, who would take the lead in the series? Kelwona was playing at home and knew they had a chance to take momentum. They started out with a 1st period powerplay goal by Liam Hutchinson to go up 1-0 and they outshot St.Louis 9-3 in the period. A strong opening frame for Kelowna. 2nd period was all Knights as we'd see 3 unanswered goals go on the board. A powerplay tally from Nickolas Klaus to make it 2-0, followed by an even strength goal by Dick Capper to make it 3-0 and then finally a howitzer from Aleksandr Scherbak to make it a 4-0 lead for Kelowna after 2 periods. St.Louis would dominate the 3rd period as they tried to climb back into the game, outshooting Kelowna 8-0 in the stanza, but would not be able to get a goal past Vivian Leblanc who came away with a stellar 22 save shutout in the opening game of the finals. A big win for the Knights in their quest for the cup.

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship Banner

[Image: batabaskuu11.jpg]

We're going to take a look at the goalie match up from the cup finals between the Kelowna Knights and the St.Louis scarecrows. Since the finals are complete, this allows us to compare their performances head to head in the playoffs. Kelowna goalie Vivian Leblanc in 18 games finished with a 2.22 GAA and a .910 SV% with a record of 11-4-3. St.Louis scarecrows goalie Billy Sorokin in 19 games finished with a 3.02 GAA and a .864 SV% with a record of 12-6-1. The first thing we notice there is Kelwona's Leblanc had a much stronger post-season performance with and incredible 2.22 GAA and .910 SV%, that should have given Kelowna a big edge in the finals and it did in games 1 and 2 where Leblanc had a shutout in game 1 and only allowed 1 goal in game 2. That's some incredibly clutch play, however despite his strong play, Kelowna lost in seven and were unable to really take advantage of this edge in net and they struggled to outshoot and outscore their opponent in the series.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019, 08:32 PM by hotdog.)

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Interviewer: Good Evening Anchorage, we're here with fan favorite Eko van Otter of the Armada, here to talk to us about the upcoming SMJHL playoffs. EvO, what's up?
EvO: Super excited to get started, I'm just ready to hit the ice.
I: This is going to be your first playoffs, any extra nerves?
EvO: Not at all, I'm welcoming it. I love the adrenaline. Can't wait to see what it's like stepping out there for the first playoff game. I know the crowd will be rowdy and that pumps me up even more
I: What are your expectations for the squad, entering as the 4 seed?
EvO: It's playoffs, homie, anything can happen. I'm expecting to win it all. We've got some great leaders here and spirits are high. 
I: Last question: Are you doing anything special for playoff prep? Or are you sticking with your superstitions from the season?
EvO: Same as always, just trying to stay locked in. I did get a new bottle of late night lotion yesterday that I'll be breaking in tonight, might just be some lucky tugs in that one
I: Oooookay that's enough, thanks for your time and good luck out there!

Top 5 animal related players in the SMJHL playoffs:

ordered by SMJHL prowess:

5. Julio Tokolosh, the cow of everyone's dreams
4. Eko van Otter
3. Jaguar Johnson
2. Jimmy Slothface
1. Monkey D. Luffy 

ordered by animal effectiveness as a hockey player:

N/A. Jimmy Slothface - a sloth would be absolutely horrible at hockey; it'd literally just lie there the whole game and wouldn't move; you'd have to put him on the bench cuz the second he hits the ice he's not coming off; that's a nonstop series of too many sloths on the ice penalties
5. William Goose - I'm not sure a goose would have much in the way of puckhandling what with the two useless feet but I could see some nice distraction defense in the form of flying at players faces 
4. Eko van Otter - fast and sneaky but probably too small to contribute massively on offense or defense
3. Julio Tokolosh the cow - a cow could be solid on D with the right training. Lie down and block those shots ya big beast
2. Monkey D. Luffy - depends what kind of monkey we're talking about here, but they'd certainly have the best chance of actually controlling a stick with their hands, so that's a huge advantage. Maybe could string together some clever passes and shots from the wing
1. Jaguar Johnson - jaguars are big and scary so i'm just assuming everyone else would leave and the jaguar would roam free and get buckets

bonus: LUNGA GUMBA OOGLEY BOOGLEY PINGY PINGY PINGY 

Game 6 was a must-win for St. Louis, down 3-2, and was one of the most physical games of the seven, featuring the series' only fight. This game featured matched physicality on both sides, with each team finishing at 20 hits. Nathan Explosion set the tone for Kelowna, leading the Knights with 5 hits. Karlstraβe Scholz and Pierre Laroche-Durocher had 3 apiece. St. Louis was paced by Noah Gallagher and Ty Hoover, who each finished with 4. The fight took place less than two minutes into the second period, following a post-offsides faceoff. Boris Poroshenko won the faceoff for STL, and Kelowna's David Vent was clearly not a fan of something that Poroshenko did, as Vent immediately started chasing Boris around the ice, gloving his visor. Boris finally accepted, and the two traded blows en route to a draw - an impressive feat for Poroshenko as the massive Vent (6'6", 265 lbs) had 3 inches and 30 pounds on him. The refs took exception to Vent's instigating, and the Kelowna D-man was ejected from the contest. 

[Image: QPKayPr.png]

The second round matchup between Lethbridge and Anchorage featured two of the season's top goalies from the SMJHL looking to build on impressive regular season performances. In net for Lethbridge is Patrice Nadeau, who posted the most impressive regular season stats among SMJHL goalies in S46. Nadeau's .911 SV%, 2.24 GAA, and 5 shutouts led the league in each of those categories. Peter Larson, owner of an impressive season as well, anchors the net for the Armada. Larson ranked fifth in the league in both SV% (.894) and GAA (2.60), and appeared in the most games of any goalie (45). Nadeau is a key to the series for Lethbridge, who have relied on dominant goaltender for wins throughout the year. Nadeau was a top-three star in 8 games this season, compared to Larson's 8. Anchorage should hope to avoid handing Lethbridge any penalty shots in the series; Larson's 50% save percentage on penalty shots ranks last in the SMJHL. 

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 11:58 PM by dmills3.)

Reporter: What are you most excited for during the playoffs?
Dale: I'm just excited to get the playoff experience under my belt with my team. We have a lot of rookies and this is an excellent experience for all of us.
Reporter: Since the Whalers have so many rookies, do you guys intend on being legitimate contenders this season?
Dale: This season we don't expect to make it deep into the playoffs. Next season though, look out for us. We're going to be scary to play against with 3 solid forward lines and at least 2 solid defense pairs. It's going to be fun.
Reporter: The Whalers have all this young talent, but how does that mesh in the locker room? With so many young guys, there has to be some egos in that locker room causing problems?
Dale: Absolutely not. We all mesh well together actually. Jax and I have a history dating back to when we were pre-teens so there's some gel there. Aaron, Cullen, Theo, Igor, Aleister, Joe, and late arrival Kaspars; we all compliment each other well and have become really good friends. Absolutely no unrest in our locker room at all.

Top 5 Athletes in Attendance:

#5 - Patrick Laine - Laine decided to put the Fortnite down for a little while in order to get back into hockey. 

#4 - Apollo Ohno - He bought tickets so he could see what good skaters look like. Ohno.

#3 - Gritty - (Luke threatened my life if I didn't mention Gritty as an athlete. I don't know why. Help.)

#2 - Antonio Brown - He's only going to the games in Kelowna. It's the only place he could escape the wrath of Steelers fans.

#1 - Sidney Crosby - Come on. Crosby does nothing with his life except play and watch hockey. Of course he'll be there.

Game 7 between the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Kelowna Knights was one of the most thrilling games in recent history. Constant back and forth action through the first 2 periods with goals from Gordie Boomhover and Valeri Tikhonov of St. Louis, and Dick Clapper of Kelowna potted 2 goals. St. Louis started off hot in the third period, scoring 2 goals in just over 6 minutes. Those goals came from Tyler Tougard and Gordie Boomhover, again. Nathan Explosion of Kelowna responded in 16 seconds of Boomhover's goal, making the score 4-3, St. Louis. Gordie Boomhover and his 2 goals claimed the first star of the game which led the St. Louis Scarecrows to win their third championship in as many seasons. Unfortunate enough for the Kelowna Knights that they couldn't capitalize on the outstanding regular season they had, and having some of the best talent in the entire SMJHL. 

TBD

The first round matchup between the Vancouver Whalers and the Detroit Falcons highlighted one SMJHL veteran goalie, Casimir Stevens, and a goalie that shared a workload through the regular season, Jakub Hasek. Casimir Stevens of Vancouver had an excellent regular season that put him in contention for the top goalie in the SMJHL. Stevens was second in the league in save percentage, .904, behind Patrice Nadeau of Lethbridge, .911. Stevens was also second in the SMJHL in goals against average, 2.38, behind, once again, Patrice Nadeau of Lethbridge, 2.24. Stevens, with the ability to make miraculous saves at any time and is never out of a play, gave Vancouver a chance to win every night. Winning 45% of his 35 starts, Stevens put up a line of 16-11-6. Hasek didn't have as nice of a regular season as Stevens. Hasek had a goals against average of 2.80 and a save percentage of .890. Hasek also won only 39% of his 28 starts with a stat line of 11-14-2. This first round matchup has a chance to taken over by either goalie and could potentially come down to this matchup.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 04:28 PM by JNH.)

Interview Hi Martijn, thank you for joining us!  Much appreciated.

MW: Yeah no worries, always happy to give some fans some time out of my day.

Interview  I'm a reporter, not a fan but anyways.  What're your hopes for your team heading into their series against Montreal?

MW: Realistically, I'm hoping that we can take part in the nightlife in Montreal because I've heard some real good things and I've been there during the season but coach never really let us go out.  Since it's playoffs and there's no time like the present, I definitely want to take part in everything. I've heard they've got some real great strip clubs and you definitely can't go wrong when you hit the bars. If I don't have a drink named after me by the end of the series, it's going to be a real disappointing way to go home.

Interview But what about like, actually on the ice? You know, for your actual series against Montreal?

MW: Oh yeah, well a couple points would be nice for sure. Make ya feel good.

Interview But what about winning games?

MW: Inconsequential. That ain't gonna help my draft stock.

Top 5 Draft Eligible Players From the Series

#1 - Gunnar Soderberg: C'mon could this be any easier? Fantastic human, fantastic player and an absolute TPE beast. There's a reason she went #2 in the draft and that's because she earned it all season. Would be a fool to have anyone else at #1.

#2 - Noah Gallagher: Guy's a stud. His agent was a stud. His agent before that was a stud. He reminds me of Oasis. Gallagher has a long history of making SHL superstars and there's no reason to believe he doesn't have another in the making here. He was a late joiner in the season but has whored all the TPE and deserves to be a first round pick.

#3 - Filip Zadina: Speaking of studs. We got Mr. 4th overall pick to the San Francisco pride. He's had the TPE lead since he joined and recreated and hasn't let it go all season, just eating up every kind of TPE that popped up on the forums. He also came first in fantasy, guy is truly an absolute weapon. San Fran got themselves an experienced big time player.

#4 - Nicolaj Muller: Another later joiner like Gallagher, Muller is a late recreate but has also just been pumping out TPE left right and center. Suprised they made it to Buffalo where they did, but Buffalo is going to be real happy and I'd assume Muller as well.

#5 - Isaac Yamada: Yamada had a lot of promise earlier this season as defensemen are always needed and he was a strong presence in the weight room. He's fallen off but Chicago decided to take a chance on him late and hopefully he makes it worth their while.

When looking back at the series between St. Louis and Kelowna, you'd be crazy to recap a game other than game 7. This was the ultimate game for SMJHL supremacy and was PBP'ed by none other than myself. When looking at a game like that, you have to see who elevated their game and put their team over the top. Sorokin didn't have his best game of the playoffs, but he stopped 24 of 27 which was enough to give his team a chance to win. I was also impressed with the play of McScruff as he had an assist and a couple bone crushing hits to go along with it. He also woke up early despite the time difference against all odds, he quite literally showed up for the game. Mad respects. My first star though had to be Gordie Boomhover as the guy was an absolute animal in game 7. The guy had 2 goals, 2 absolute bombs for hits and put a total of 4 shots on net. His second goal ended up being the cup winning goal to see a 3rd straight four star cup for the Scarecrows. Without a doubt, this guy is a stud and showed why in game 7 when it mattered most.

[Image: PmYdPA2.png]

Leading into game 7 of the series between the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Kelowna Knights, a heated goaltending battle is afoot. Both goalies have been on top of their games, being in net for all of their teams past 11 wins in order to get them to this point in the playoffs. For the Kelowna Knights we have Vivian Leblanc who currently has an 11-3-3 record in the playoffs, en route to a .903 SV% and a sterling 2.03 GAA. Leblanc will need to be on top of her game in game 7 if the Knights want to bring this one home. For the St. Louis Scarecrows, starting in net is Billy Sorokin who has an 11-6-1 record thus far in the playoffs with a .873 SV % and 3.10 GAA. It's definitely a possibility that one of these goaltenders could be a difference maker here in game 7 and bring home the hardware for their team. You have to give the edge to Leblanc looking at it right now, but a wise man once said “goaltending is voodoo and wizardry” and I agree, so anything could happen. We’ll just have to tune in and see.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers