Create Account

S46 SMJHL CW

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series. 
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Kelowna Daily Courier: We're here just prior to game seven of the Four Star Cup Final with rookie Gunnar Söderberg - Gunnar, what do you think the keys to winning this game are going to be for your team?

GS: I think we gotta stick with our game plan, stay out of the box, and make them pay for their penalties. We've been working pretty hard on our power play, and I think that's going to make a big difference as we head into this last game. 

KDC: You obviously know this, but every game in this series so far has been won by the home team. What do you think is different for you in this building?

GS: Yeah, we got real close last game, but still couldn’t quite finish it in St. Louis, so we just have to come back strong and stick with what’s made us so good at home so far. 

KDC: Is there anything you’ll be focusing on yourself out there?

GS: Mostly just gotta keep my head up so I don’t get knocked off the puck, stay aware of my surroundings. 

KDC: Sounds great, good luck out there!

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative. 

Gunnar’s Top 5 Songs for Getting Pumped for the Final
Ready to Go - Bronze Radio Return (just a jam about being ready for action and all that)
Young Stars - The Struts (dedicated to all the other rookies)
You Know What We About - Mantis (literally just mindless techno get-pumped noise)
Move - Saint Motel (just makes you wanna zoom zoom right from the start of the song and never lets up)
Undefeatable - Young Rising Sons (so motivational, just makes you feel invincible)

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc. 
Must include: 150 words.

Game seven between the Kelowna Knights and the St. Louis Scarecrows started out fairly even for the first two periods. The two teams traded goals for the first forty minutes. St Louis struck on the power play first, and Kelowna capitalized on their own power play a few minutes later to tie it up. Going into the second period, St. Louis pulled ahead again, but Kelowna pulled even once more four seconds later with Dick Clapper’s second goal of the game. The turning point came in the third period, when St. Louis scored twice to take a two-goal lead. Kelowna pulled within one less than a minute later, but it felt as if the momentum had shifted, and the Knights spent the rest of the game desperately searching for that tying goal. It was not to be, and even with the net empty and the extra man on the ice for most of the final minute of play, Kelowna couldn't battle back, and eventually fell to the Scarecrows by a final score of 4-3. 

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the side of the site.
Requirements: Must include a team logo and at least one player render. (Grading criteria for this task will be EXTREMELY lax, if you're not good at graphics just gimme your best ms paint garbage idc as long as it meets the criteria.) 
[Image: row92nR.jpg]

Task #5 - Highlight any goalie matchup from the playoffs.
Requirements: Written - 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. Graphic - both team logos and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.

[Image: R6VV7Ll.png]

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 12:54 PM by jjlangabeer.)

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.

Reporter: Where here at the pregame festivities for the Four Star Cup Finals. Were here with St. Louis Scarecrows forward Filip Zadina, Filip as you guys prepare for Game 1 of the Four Star Cup Finals whats the one aspect of your game you hope to bring?

Zadina: As a player since I worked my way up through minors I always have been the guy to put the puck in the net and score the big goals. I know this is a lot bigger stage but I hope to be able to pull of the same sort of results here

Reporter: If you can't find the back of the net this series, being a rookie and still trying to learn the learning curve of the SMJHL, what else will you be looking to do on the ice to help your team out?

Zadina: I really pride my self on my defensive game and I plan to take care of my own end first. They always say defense wins championships and were going to need a lot of it for this series.

Reporter: Thank you very much for answering a few Questions for us Filip, good luck in the series.

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative.

The Top 5 Famous pets of the Four Star Cup Finals!!!

Sitting at 5 we have....

5) Colonel Meow, Who in 2014 held the record for the longest hair.

[Image: Longest-Fur-on-a-Cat-won-Guinness-World-Record.jpg]

At number 4 we have....

4) Maru, who has been viewed over 325 Million times on Youtube.

[Image: 11dd259c1ad7fe937bc043ebbd24a14c.jpg]

Half way down the list and at number 3 we have....

3) Marnie, the insta famous dog with 1.9 million followers.

[Image: Marnie-1000x1000_1-915.jpg]

Sitting at number 2, we have the cats back on the map with...

2) Lil Bub, from LilBub.com, Another instagram cat famous through out the internet with millions of followers

[Image: sP2bB10n.jpg]

Finally, at number 1 and the champion of our top 5 pets at this years finals is....

1) GRUMPY CAT, Sitting with 2.4 million followers on instagram, 1.5 million on twitter, and his own website at Grumpycats.com

[Image: grumpy_cat.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg]

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.

When it comes down to game 7's, it is the time of year where heros are made. One game, just 60 minutes, to either have a bad memory you can never forget or instead a memory you can share with all and have your name etched in history. As game 7 of the Four Star Cup Finals final buzzer sounded there was one player on the Scarecrows that will be sure to never forget this one. Gordie Boomhover, who finished the game as the first star and tallied 2 goals in the contest. One of those goals included what would eventually become the game winner. I know all his team mates in St. Louis are happy he brought his A game, but they are a little too... umm... "under the weather" to get an interview from right now. Gordie was also able to add 4 shots on net, 2 hits and finished the game with +2. Boomhover was also was on the ice for a staggering 19:02 which was one of the tops for the Scarecrows.

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the side of the site.
Requirements: Must include a team logo and at least one player render. (Grading criteria for this task will be EXTREMELY lax, if you're not good at graphics just gimme your best ms paint garbage idc as long as it meets the criteria.)

[Image: dh30MSo.png]

Task #5 - Highlight any goalie matchup from the playoffs.
Requirements: Written - 150 words and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season. Graphic - both team logos and 3 stats, either from playoffs or the regular season.

When we take a look at the four star cup finals and glance at the two guys in the crease, we try to breakdown the battle between Billy Sorokin and Vivian Leblanc. Leblanc is playing in his 3rd season for the Knights and has progressed very nicely, sitting at 428 TPE he has the experience to lead a team as good as Kelowna. On the other side of the ice we have Sorokin, still not capped and sitting around 326 TPE, he is up there as one of the better players in the SMJHL but he hasn't quite reached his potential just yet. As far as the playoffs have treated them Leblanc has had the advantage so far in S46. Leblanc finished the playoffs with a .910 Save percentage, and a 2.22 Goals against average. When you compare that to Sorokin the numbers tend to dip a little, Sorokin is sitting with a .864 save percentage and followed that up with a 3.02 goals against average when everything was said and done. It was a wonderful battle between the two net minders during the finals but when all was said and done, despite the odds and everything looking so stacked against him Sorokin came out on top as the Four Star Cup Final Champion.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 02:57 AM by bbjygm.)

Task #1 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Teams of reporters crowd around the bathroom door as Slap McShotty walks out, flinging water droplets off his fingers. He's taken by surprise as questions come flying at him, but only a few make themselves clear above the din. The gaggle quiets as the loudest of the questions takes over:

"Mr. McShotty! What are your hopes for the SMJHL playoffs? Will your astronomically-high 5 points in the regular season play a large factor in your team's performance?"

"What do you mean?" Slap replies. "The playoffs are over, and we were knocked out in the 2nd round pretty handily. My hopes for the playoffs were gone days ago. Also, why did you hunt me to the bathroom?"

"Not important-" yells the reporter. "-Slap!" another butts in. "Now that the playoffs are over, how did you think Anaheim did against Montreal?"

"Well, I think Montreal dominated us. We put up a good fight in several of the games, but when push came to shove, Montreal made the shove more effectively than Anaheim. We're still a new team with many prospects projected to come into fruition by next season's playoffs, so hopefully we can shove the hardest next season."

Slap makes a break for it as soon as he finishes, trailing a loose strand of toilet paper as he flees from the litter of journalists.

Task #2 - Make a top 5 list for the finals. Top 5 goals, top 5 players, top 5 noteworthy people in the audience for one of the games, whatever you want. No word count, but if you just list 5 names, you won't get the full 2 tpe. Be a little creative.

Top 5 Scorers of the Top 60 Players:

1. Kristoffer Svensson (MTL): As the top scorer of the league during the playoffs, this is no surprise. Kristoffer spent one of the least amount of minutes played of the top 15 scorers and came in 5th overall for shooting percentage, so he was a precision shooting machine during the most important games of the season.

2. Dick Clapper (KEL): Dick scored 8 goals during Kelowna's bid overall playoff bid for the cup. This makes him tied as the leader in goals with Nolan Sawchuk (KEL), but with more assists, qualifying him in my mind as the top goal-scorer.

3. Olivier Cloutier (ANC): Olivier came in 18th in the rankings, but with the 9th lowest minutes played in the top 60 scorers, he racked up 2 goals and 9 assists to become the 7th highest number of assists. He is a top scorer based on his many assists during his limited ice time.

4. Stolp Skottson (DET): Stolp is in a similar boat as Olivier: 26th in points, 8th lowest minutes played, but 2 goals and 8 assists tell the tale of a great scorer limited by ice time.

5. James Truong (MTL): James earned 4 goals and 9 assists, putting him in 9th for points. However, with 20.33 AMG, this puts him in the very few players with a P/20 greater than 1.

Task #3 - Choose any game in the finals and write a short post game recap. Can be a summary of the goals scored, a turning point, an unsung hero profile, etc.

Game 111 (Game 7 in Final Round): The last game of the playoffs was very competitive and swapped momentum multiple times. Looking at Figure 1, we can see that both teams were very closely competitive with testing their opposing goalies and getting shots on goal. The Scarecrows were 1 goal more successful in the end, but it was definitely a close game and could easily have gone into overtime.

Figure 1: Timeline of Shots on Goal, Highlighting Goals
[Image: T89riX5.png]

Looking at Figure 2, we can see that the momentum of the game swapped around several times. The Corsi index tracks shot attempts for vs shot attempts against and can be used to show how offensive teams are playing. The figure show that the Scarecrows came out strong in the beginning, but lost offensive momentum, only regaining it in the end of the first period. The second period shows the Knights taking an offensive stand, with the Scarecrows fighting valiantly to keep their offense at bay. At the end of the second period and beginning of the third, the Scarecrows made a big offensive push and came out of it with 2 goals. The Knights's response rewarded them with 1 goal, but by the end of the period it wasn't enough to tie the game up.

Figure 2: Corsi Score of St. Louis Scarecrows
[Image: RjFdLO0.png]

In all, both teams shaped the play of the game when they need to, but the Scarecrows defense turned away the Knights at just the right time to bring in the win.

Task #4 - Create a 4 Star Cup Championship banner similar to the one the SHL uses at the side of the site.
Requirements: Must include a team logo and at least one player render.

[Image: 17hg5Zp.png]

Task #5 - Highlight any goalie matchup from the playoffs.

Game 15 (Game 2 in Round 1), Colorado Raptors vs Halifax Raiders: This game was a stingy one. The Raptors started Yuri Ushakov, who had a 0.883 SV% and 3.00 GAA from the regular season with a record of 15-22-5. The Raiders started Mike McKorsy, who had a 0.888 SV% and 2.75 GAA from the regular season with a record of 19-16-5. The goalies' save percentages were comparable but Mike's record and GAA looked better, which likely meant he had a better team in front of him throughout the regular season.

Lets take a look at the shots on goal timeline in Figure 1. As we can see, Mike took a beating in the first half of the first period. The Raptors came out firing and he lost his composure after several quick shots to let in one goal. The Raiders has a more steady increase in shots on goal, so Yuri had an easier time to recover from offensive attempts. Half-way through the second period, the Raptors went on a shooting spree but perhaps Mike learned his lesson from earlier because he was ready for each and every shot, stopping 8 shots in about 5 minutes. Yuri had a similar test, stopping 7 shots in the first few minutes of period three. In all, both goalies had a few tests each and both rose to the occasion, posting big save percentages of 1.000 and 0.950. The once goal scored in the game was the deciding goal, which makes it unfortunate that Mike had to take a loss for his great goaltending.

Figure 1: Shots On Goal Timeline of Game 15
[Image: KpCNbSx.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 05:52 PM by storm.)

Task #1 - Prior to the beginning of the SMJHL playoffs, first round pick and widely known disappointment Juulius Smonk was interviewed regarding his personal play, how his team the Colorado Raptors performed, and how they expected to play in the playoffs. When asked about his and his team regular season performance, Smonk had this to say, “You know, just like my home continent of Antarctica, we were at the bottom of the standings this season. Obviously it was a rough year for us, but we have a lot of young talent who are only going to improve over the summer. Personally, I felt I needed to do more for my squad, and am disappointed in how I performed on the ice. I plan to improve next season and show Colorado that they made the right pick.” When asked about they’re playoff chances, “Well, being the worst team in the league and entering the playoffs is sort of an unusual feeling. It doesn’t feel like we earned it, but now that we're here we’re planning on doing as much damage as we can. Regular season is out the door in the tournament.”.

Task #2 -
Top 5 Players of the SMJHL Playoooooofs:

Kristoffer Svensson - Played in 12 games for the Militia, while also racking up the most points in the playoffs with 16.

Bobby Sharp - In 18 games played, Bobby lead the Knights to the SMJHL Finals with a whopping total of 16 points.

Dick Clapper - Another player with the Knights, Clapper tied Nolan Sawchuk on his team with 8 goals, which leads the SMJHL playoffs. However, Clapper accrued more points and played more minutes, thus giving him this spot.

Olin O'Dowd - While he didn’t score any points, O’Dowd played a ton of minutes for the Militia and played some incredible defensive hockey. If he refines his offensive game, he’ll be a threat.

Gordie Boomhover - Gordie held it down for his 4 Star Cup winning Scarecrows, putting up 6 goals, 8 assists for 14 points in 19 games.

Task #3 - Nothing positive could have been said about the Colorado Raptors and their regular season results, despite this, the Raptors entered the playoffs with their heads held high and as the worst team in the regular season took a serious contender to 7 games. To start this series off, the Raptors won a crucial game 1 with a score of 6-4. In this game, Knute Knurtsson took control and made sure that the Raptors were a force to be reckoned with. In his first playoff game of the season, Knute put up a total of 4 points, 3 assists and 1 goal, for the first start of the game. He led the Raptors on all fronts, playing crucial time on both the powerplay and the penalty kill. In addition to Knute’s amazing game, Raptors Parker Smeb and Jakub Novak also showed up to help the struggling team offensively, each of them potting two goals a piece. These 3 players combined in some degree to all the 6 goals score for the Raptors, which further shows how clutch and important they are to the team.

Task #4 - Put my heart and soul into this one:

[Image: Untitled.png]

Task #5 - For anyone who’s done championship week before, they’ll know that nothing is more fun and entertaining then breaking down the goalie matchups of the playoffs. This season we had a real treat when it came to playoff goaltending, and while these two didn’t see each other in the playoffs, if they did it would have likely been a fantastic defensive battle. The first goaltender in question is Mike McKorsy of the Halifax Raiders, who has been outstanding and almost unarguably the best playoff goaltender. McKorsy has put up a very respectable 0.916% save percentage, as well as a goals against average of 2.14, both of which are good for the best in the tournament. In addition, he had one shutout as well as an assist on a goal, which demonstrates his offensive capabilities.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Task 1: Dick McGruff here live on location at the Anchorage Alehouse with Armada rookie Spencer MacLean. Spencer you had a very solid rookie campaign this regular season, with the playoffs right around the corner how do you see your teams playoff run turning out?
Spencer: Well Dick I’m not gonna lie to you here, I’m fucking pretty nervous, do or die always makes me antsy but I’m excited and I cant wait to come through in the clutch hopefully for our squad. I think we have a great team that probably underperformed a little bit in the regular season. We finished middle of the pack because of our slow start but I can honestly see us going on a fuckin run here if certain guys get going. Finals or bust baby!
Dick McGruff: St Louis is having a great year as well and has a pretty stacked roster, haw do you think a 7 game series with them would turn out?
Spencer: I think they’d beat the fuckin wheels off us… just kidding (laughs) I hope we run into them somewhere along the line because it would be a great test!
Dick McGruff: Thanks for your time Spence and good luck in the playoffs.

Task 2: Top Five Finals list
Top 5 Finals players 5 hottest player girlfriends

1. Gordie Boomhover- Melinda Macadam; it should come as no surprise that arguably the best player on the Scarecrows has an absolute rocket gf. Tall brunette, that interestingly enough is a volunteer firefighter and could probably kick your ass.
  2. Dick Clapper- Vanessa Adams; Coming in at number 2 is Clappers girlfriend, sultry blonde beauty Vanessa. Rumor has it she’s dated quite a few players in the league but when you look like her it should be no surprise that Clapper couldn’t care less.
  3. Billy Sorokin- Ashley Marchand; Sister of NHL player Brad Marchand, bit of a beak on her but excellent…assets..
  4. Valeri Tikhonov-Arya Vanyetchkyova; Doesnt speak a lick of English but I could watch her talk all day
  5. Guy Zheng- Charlotte Grunsfeld; Freckled beauty, and sweetheart to round off the list. Studying to be the sexiest brain Surgeon in Kelowna.
Task 3

Game Recap: Game 7 SMJHL finals Unsung Hero Award: Slip McScruff
Slip McScruff wasn’t one of the three stars, nor is he the most flashy player on the ice. Day in day out McScruff comes to the rink with his hardhat on ready to do the dirty work. The scarecrows took game 7 with a gritty effort in a gritty series. The Gordie Boomhovers, Dick Clappers and Michael Foxes of the world make the flashy plays and take the accolades but make no mistake, there is no game 7 win without McScruffs effort in this game.He blocked three big shots with his goalie screened and out of position, taking one right to the dingus and not batting an eye. He also popped the puck lose with three bone jarring hits striking fear into the opposition and creating havoc on the ice. Among the first to lift the cup, with tears running down his cheeks McScruff (dingus injury be damned) is definitely getting laid tonight.

Task 5: [Image: aM83KwE.jpg]
Task 4: [Image: kUu7vAN.png]

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 05:37 PM by vbottas17.)

Thomas Bathory

Task 1

Interview Thomas, how do you feel about the Lions chances heading into the playoffs?

Bathory - I'm feeling really good about what we can do this postseason. We have a lot of players who have really been coming on strong as the season progresses. Banananak, Le'Clair, Roenick, the list goes on and on. I'm feeling very confident in my own game right now and feel that I can make some plays and help us win games in a number of different ways. The reason I'm most confident is that we have the best goaltender in the league in between the pipes. Patrice has been unreal every night this season and I feel that we can win any game with him in net. He makes some unbelievable saves that can really change the course of a game. Hes bailed us out so many times this season that I've lost count. I can't say that I'm too pumped about playing against him in the future in the SHL, but for now, theres nobody else that I would want playing in goal for us.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 11:13 PM by blix900.)

Task #1 -

Q: How do you feel the playoffs went for your team this season?

A: Obviously we were wishing for more. Getting eliminated is always tough for any team and we were no exception. I know all of the guys were disappointed and the guys who are sticking around will definitely remember it come next year.

Q: How do you measure your personal playoff performance?

A: I did not play well at all. The level of play took a step up and I definitely wasn't ready for it. I really need to add some size and overall grit to my game to really compete and bring my A game in the playoffs for my team.

Q: Do you believe the Scarecrows deserved their win?

A: They were a great team this year and definitely deserve it. They worked hard all season and proved why they are and have been the top team this year and in recent years. I do think we could've given them a run for their money though.

Task #2 -

Top 5 Beers/Drinks Sold at the Games
#1 - Bud Light - It's the staple for all sporting events really, can't argue this one.
#2 - Blue Moon - This is the "expensive" option for the people who want something that actually tastes good.
#3 - Moscow Mule - The Russians in attendance really went for this one... who am I kidding it's just an American phenomenon drink.
#4 - Vodka Redbull - You'd think these games would be exciting enough to not need redbull, bunch of junkies these days.
#5 - Pabst Blue Ribbon - Really the trash of all beers, they had to offer it because one fan threatened to burn down the building if it wasn't available.

Task #3 -

Game 23 - Halifax vs Colorado

MVP of the Game

Jimmy Slothface surprisingly actually did something for once in a game that mattered. Why couldn't he have done this more often? The player who seemed like the problem child for the Raiders finally stepped up and brought the Raiders their first postseason win this season. Fans really must be wondering what could've been with the regular season if Slothface had figured his game out even halfway through the season. The winger pitched in with three assists in this game where the Raiders dominated the Raptors five to one. If Slothface could have kept this pace up for the postseason we may have seen a different team raising a banner at the end of the season instead of the Scarecrows. Nevertheless, if Jimmy doesn't get the call up next year he will hope to continue this type of pace next year and bring home a championship for his Raiders. Until next time!

Requirements: Must include a team logo and at least one player render.

Task #5 -

I'm going to highlight the Halifax Raiders and Colorado Raptors series as they had 3 games go to overtime and it was a seven game series. Game one saw Ushakov get off to an atrocious start letting in the first four shots of the game and getting pulled immediately. The scarecrows go on to win this game on the back of their backup goaltender Aleksandrov who pitched a shutout. Game three we see McKorsky shine with a 93.3% save percentage and earned the win for the Raiders in a 5-1 game. McKorsky dominated in game four as well pitching a shutout for the Raiders in a 2-0 win, evening the series at 2-2. Game seven is where the goaltender matchup really made the difference in the series. McKorsky played lights out and sports a 95.2% save percentage and only allowed one goal in the final matchup between these two teams. For the series McKorsky sported a 2.14 goals against average while Ushakov finished with a 2.57 goals against average.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2019, 10:38 PM by lizzywho.)

Task 1:
[Image: 03hS29L.png]

Task 2:
Top 5 Gamechanging Moments

5. Raptors at Raiders, Play-in round, Game 7. After a very tight series and overtime in Games 5 and 6, it wasn't surprising when Game 7 also needed extra time to be decided. Colorado's Jules Watt took two penalties in overtime, and while his team survived the first, they were punished for the second as Halifax's Dylan Karlsson scored his second of the playoffs to end the game and the Raptors' season.

4. Falcons at Knights, Round 1, Game 1. In his very first SMJHL playoff game, Knights rookie Gunnar Söderberg opened his team's scoring at 15:38 of the first period, tying the game after the Knights went down early. Söderberg's youthful energy sparked the team, who scored the next 2 goals, including one by Söderberg's roommate Aleksandr Scherbak. The Knights went on to sweep the Falcons, all stemming from that first fiery scoring play.

3. Scarecrows at Armada, Round 2, Game 3. With his team down 2-0 after a slow first and contentious second period, rookie phenom Filip Zadina scored his second of the playoffs. His goal set off a flurry of 3 Scarecrows goals in under 5 minutes, leading them to a pivotal win.

2. Knights at Militia, Round 2, Game 4. Up 2-1 in the series, the Kelowna Knights were goalless through 54 minutes of Game 4, trailing the Militia 1-0. With under 6 minutes remaining, Bobby Sharp set up teammate Nolan Sawchuk to tie the game, then scored himself less than 4 minutes later to take the lead with less than a minute and a half remaining. The Knights would hold on to win the game and eventually the series.

1. Scarecrows at Knights, Four Star Cup Final, Game 6. The Scarecrows trailed 2-1 late in the third when Valeri Tikhonov managed to beat Vivian Leblanc with a one-timer, glove side high, and tie the game. Knights forward Nathan Explosion took a minor penalty for hooking just over 2 minutes into overtime, and the Scarecrows executed a neat faceoff set play to score just 8 seconds into the power play and win the game and guarantee a Game 7 that would end with the Scarecrows winning the Four Star Cup.

Task 3:
Four Star Cup Final Game 2

SMJHL sophomore Aleksandr Scherbak scored the game-winning goal tonight, his second in as many games after scoring the final goal in the Kelowna Knights' 4-0 victory in the Four Star Cup Final opener versus the St. Louis Scarecrows. However, to hear his teammates tell it, Scherbak's real contributions this postseason have been off the ice. Rookies Gunnar Söderberg and Vadim Malichov live with Scherbak in a three-bedroom apartment in Kelowna, and according to them, even surviving their first SMJHL season is all thanks to their roommate.

"He does all the cooking at home," Malichov said when asked about Scherbak's value to the team. "Without breakfast I'm useless. Sasha [Scherbak] makes sure I don't die of starvation. He's the most important member of the team, keeping us rookies alive." At this point Malichov leaned over into the next stall over and poked Söderberg, fresh out of the shower, in the thigh. "Gunyushka, tell them I'm right."

"Did you say breakfast? Yeah, Sasha takes great care of us. Like, the food thing, but on the ice too, he’s incredible, I’m so glad he’s ours," Söderberg said, glancing between Malichov beside him and Scherbak across the locker room. "I mean, I’m glad he’s here and not, you know, playing for a different team."

Scherbak's contributions both on and off the ice clearly have him in high esteem among his peers, but he's often not adequately recognized for them. Thanks to his teammates' nomination, Aleksandr Scherbak is this week's Unsung Playoff Hero.

Task 4:
[Image: snh9keR.png]

Task 5:
[Image: PYORu5h.png]

[Image: 57762_s.gif]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]    [Image: yIvjn4j.png]