Create Account

Hamilton Draftee Tries to Use Words
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 01:57 AM by dmills3.)

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate each and every rookie that was taken in the S47 SHL draft. Our rookie class is extremely active and generally fun to be around in the S47 discord. There's going to be a lot of star players that emerge from this draft and I'm excited to play alongside and compete against each and every one of you.

I would also like to take the time to thank Luke and Glyc for putting together such a great team in Vancouver and being able to find rookies that are active and will stay active. Although Glyc stepped down as GM, I know Luke and whoever we get in as our new GM will be able to just as well of a job. I can not wait for our S48 rookies to be drafted and see where our team stands for the next few seasons. 

I would also like to congratulate:

Jax Duggan
My bash bro, being taken first overall to Winnipeg. The man deserves it more than anything. He's hilarious, super active, incredibly smart, and just all-in-all a good guy. (Except he likes to start fights while attending hockey games, which just is not very cool, man.) Winnipeg got a good one here; definitely a future top-pairing d-man. Congrats bro.

Cullen Gray
Playing alongside Borromini Cannellini and Petr Mikulak, two of the leading scorers in the SMJHL last season, on the first line in his rookie year allowed Gray to lead all rookies in scoring, but don't let his stacked linemates fool you. Gray is incredibly talented in his own right and absolutely deserved to play alongside those two. I believe the reason he fell so far was due in part to the line he was on and fear of his stats being inflated. Tampa Bay got a prolific scorer in Gray for many years to come. Congrats man.

Theo Morgan
It's about damn time Theo started scoring. It only took him until the playoffs to learn how to play puck. That's part of the reason we had to sign Kaspars Claude, Theo's brother whom we found sitting in Theo's car in the arena parking lot, late in the regular season, to pick up of Theo's lack of scoring. Theo is the kind of player who you have sit in the press box all regular season and play him on the first line in the playoffs. Theo seems optimistic, though, that he can right the ship and start performing well in the regular season. Hopefully he can start to perform better to justify Los Angeles picking him at 15. (Hopefully he doesn't let the beach, girls, and drugs get to his head.)

Sami Raanta
Das Deutsche Wünderkind, Sami Raanta, came to North America in order to play against competition superior to that he was facing in his native Deutschland. Sami found a home in Vancouver after being drafted and has brought a diversity to the locker room that no one else could provide. After hearing I was getting drafted to Hamilton and realizing I had Sami coming along with me, I was ecstatic. This guy is hilarious and I'm excited to develop with him. 

Aaron Wilson
Aaron, or as most of you may know him as the guy that calculated corsi for all of you, also was drafted to Hamilton with Sami and myself. Aaron did pretty well for a rookie, putting up 16 points during the season, mostly from the third line. Aaron is also a fellow pens fan so bringing him to Hamilton with me will definitely help strengthen the grasp of the Pens fan monarch I intend to build and enforce upon this entire league and show absolutely no remorse in any of my actions back up my hockey related opinions. Aaron is also incredibly smart and creates excellent media with his corsi and other related calculations. (He's also hella rich because of those articles about corsi, so I hope that money doesn't get to his head.)

Joe Ackroyd
Joe had a sneaky good season for Vancouver and I'm surprised he dropped into the third round. Putting up 15 points and being a +10 from the blueline as a rookie is a very good statline to have and I guarantee he will improve upon that this year and continue to be rock solid option on Vancouver's back end. Joe is a relatively quiet guy in the locker room; he shows up, gets his shit done, and does it well. Despite this quietness, he awesome to be around and have in the locker room. Sometimes it's the quietest guy in the locker room that can cause the hardest laughs, that guy is Joe. Chicago may have got a nice steal with this pick. 

Igor Volkov
Similar to Joe, Igor doesn't do too much talking in the locker room. In the middle of the season, Igor got extremely busy and couldn't focus on the SMJHL as much as he would've liked to but he'll be back and better than ever for this upcoming season. Congrats on going to Minnesota, Igor!

Alright, finally, I'd like to say how excited I am to be drafted by the Hamilton Steelhawks 27th overall. Going into the draft, I had absolutely no clue where I was going to end up. Since I joined late, I was far behind everyone in TPE, but I accomplished every PT opportunity except for PT 5. Because of this joining late, I was overlooked by many GM's, which I expected and understood. But, because of this I am determined to being a steal of this draft and am thankful to Hamilton for drafting me middle second round. I'm excited to work my way up to becoming a Steelhawk alongside my brothers, Sami Raanta and Aaron Wilson.  Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks

Word Count: 1090
Double Media Bonus

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 02:02 AM by notorioustig.)

Steelhawks

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

I dont START fight, i END fights, major difference but also <3

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Hamilton got one hell of a player! Looking forward to the upcoming SMJHL season, you’ll see last season was a fluke Tongue

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Steelhawks Whalers

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

04-11-2019, 01:55 AMdmills3 Wrote: He's also hella rich because of those articles about corsi, so I hope that money doesn't get to his head

...too late?

But great article, all 3 of us probably could've been drafted earlier, let's prove people wrong together  Whalers Steelhawks

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]