Create Account

Mander Opting Out; Will Finish Career in SMJHL

ANAHEIM CALIFORNIA --- Surrounded by his family and friends, Jerry Mander has called a short press conference to address SHL Media after an Outlaws practice.

Thanks for coming, everybody. Man, this is hard. I didn't really imagine I would be saying this a few seasons ago.

I have decided it's in my - and my family's - best interest that I remain in the SMJHL for my entire 5 seasons of eligibility and stay here in Anaheim permanently. I will retire after those 5 seasons are done. I have encountered several personnel issues with my major league team that have rendered me incapable of finding the strength to make the jump. I have been working hard, and there's no doubt that with those extra training hours I would be a formidable opponent at the next level; however, the short glimpse into what the SHL has in store on the cultural side nearly leaves me no choice but to forgo the challenges off the ice that come with being in the league.

I don't want to name names, and I don't want to cause a huge disturbance. This is a personal decision that my family and I mulled over for weeks. My GMs, on both teams, have been made fully aware of my plans.

I want to apologize to the fans of the Chiefs. I understand that as a first-round pick, in spite of signing for the bare minimum and not seeing much playing time, there was probably a certain level of expectation that comes with that. Although I didn't hear much from Minnesota at all, I assume there might have been a place for me in that lineup.

As for the Outlaws, I intend to be the truest form of myself by switching to defense. I am going to refocus my game with longevity and team composition in mind. After discussing with management, we all think this will be an interesting transition. I will be checking less and passing more, and I think everyone in attendance here as well as the fans will appreciate that a little bit. I'll get to show off every facet of my game whereas up until now I've sort of limited myself.

I will take any questions from the league if they wish to ask at this time. My player agent will as well.

wow thats big news Blink

Popcorn
Dragons
Dragons
Dragons
Dragons

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Legendary HOF Outlaw

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

SMJHL HoF when?

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Sad to hear, but you do you! Great guy with a good player.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

my life goal is to outhit Mander in a season

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-10-2019, 06:01 PMJNH Wrote: my life goal is to outhit Mander in a season

You'll get it next season Laughing

oof ouch owie my Chief

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

rip

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

We'll get @Dangles13 to retire your jersey, mate. A fantastic teammate that will be missed. o7

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

I'll miss seeing ya round these parts. But you do what's best for you.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Good luck in Anaheim

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

gdi

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page