Create Account

Ravyn Tedisko Draft Bio
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 03:32 PM by Darkened_Rose_16.)

x2 Draft Media Bonus

Ravyn Tedisko was born in Czechia to her Czech mother Lona and her Italian father Anton just before the new year. She spent her first few years learning to crawl and walk through the snow. As soon as she was running strong, her mother had her in skates on the pond in front of their house. Her mom wanted a champion figure skater, but Ravyn had other ideas. Her father had taken her to a hockey game after seeing how natural she was on the ice at home. They had been to several figure skating shows and she seemed to enjoy them, but only passively because it was on ice. They arrived at the rink and Ravyn asked “who is dancing tonight, papa?” Her father looked down at her and said “no, no, little dove. This is a game. A hockey game.” As they entered the arena, Ravyn’s face lit up at all the people and the comradery. Her father had gotten them glass seats so that she could get the full experience. Ravyn’s father worked at the local rink as a custodian. He had been working there since he was a kid when his family first moved there. It was how her parents met. Ravyn’s mother was a figure skater all through school and ended up coaching after an injury left her unable to compete.
It was shortly after watching her first hockey game that she told her mom that she wanted to switch the kind of skates that she wore. At first her mom rejected the idea. “Hockey is a man’s sport! You are too beautiful and graceful to waste your talent on hockey.” For months she begged her mother to allow her to switch. She even stopped attending figure skating practices to try and show her mom that she didn’t want to do that anymore. After two weeks of skipped practices, she was able to make a deal with her mom. She would continue to figure skate twice a week if she could also start attending the hockey practices twice a week. That day they went down and signed her up and put her on both training schedules. Her life had just become very busy. She was the busiest kid in town. At seven years old she had won medals in both sports. After a couple of years, all of her coaches thought that she had out grown what they could teach her and told her it was time to explore other options. One of her all-time favorite hockey players coached a team of kids her age in the state of Oregon in the United States. She wrote him a letter.

Dear Mr. Stevenson,
       My name is Ravyn Tedisko, and I am writing you to ask if there was any way you would sponsor me by hosting and coaching me on your team. I live in Czechia. So, you see, I would need a host family to be able to join you there. Where I am from, I feel like I have reached my peak. As do my coaches. I feel, with your talent and record, that I could learn a lot from you and grow to be an even better hockey player than I already am. For financial reasons, my parents can not move with me at this time.
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.  
                                                                                                Ravyn Tedisko     [REDACTED CONTACT INFO]

It was 3 months before she heard anything back. Ravyn was at the rink helping teach one of the beginner’s classes, when her father came slipping out on to the ice in street shoes to hand her an unopened letter.

Dear Miss Tedisko,

I was rather shocked to receive your letter, and very humbled as well. I’m sorry that it took me so long to respond to you, but I figured it would be easier to make all the arrangements before I sent my answer.
   It would be the pleasure of the Stevenson Family if you came to live with us, for as long as you need, and join our team in our training. After speaking with your parents, we have covered all your travel expenses for your move here, and arrangements are set. Your tickets are contained within. After you are here and settled, we would be happy to fly your parents in for a week so they can see that everything is going okay.
    Please call me when you receive this so that I know we can be expecting you.
                                                                                Best Regards,
                                                                                                Sean Stevenson
                                                                                       Head Coach of the Portland Jr Hawks

She screamed! She looked at the tickets and saw that in two days, her whole life would be in a completely different place. A place called Salem, Oregon. She called the phone number on the bottom of the letter and nearly fainted when someone picked up the phone.
 “Hello? Stevenson residence. How can I help?”
“ Um, yes… I… I, uh… I received a letter… and it said to call this number…”
“DAD! PHONE!”
A few moments later, another man comes on the phone. “Hello?”
“Um, hi, yes… sorry… Uh.” Deep breathe. “This is Ravyn Tedisko…?”
“Ah, yes! Miss Tedisko. I’m glad you got my letter. We are really excited to have you here. I’m glad that your coaches and parents were able to play along with the surprise. They tell me that they have everything ready for you. I hope you are excited. You are coming just in time for preseason training to start. I’ll see you in a couple of days! Bye!”

Ravyn was hysterical. Her mom and dad made everything so easy for her. They finally told her that they had known for several weeks. They had done all the legal paperwork. Set up everything with the Stevenson’s. Even her coaches had talked and sent stats and film to help Sean’s decision. They had preordered equipment, the works. That they had slowly been packing and shipping things over to make the transition easier. “That’s why my stuff has been going missing! Sneaks!” After saying goodbyes, she boarded the plane and was off to start the hockey dream she thought would never come true.

As the plane touched down, Ravyn began to feel herself radiate with excitement. Being only five months away from turning 11 years old, this was the biggest thig she had ever done in her life. She got off the plane and was lead by airport staff down to the bagging area. She asked the attendant where it was that they were and if it was close to a place called Salem? The lady giggled politely and said that they were in Portland and that it was about an hour drive to Salem. When they got down to the bagging area the attendant explained to wait for her bag her and that the person that was coming to pick her up would be just outside those doors, with a sign that had her name on it. After about 20 minutes of waiting the bags started to come out. Ravyn’s bag, of course, was the very last bag to come out. With her bag over her shoulder and a smile on her face, she took a deep breath and walked for the door. When she stepped outside, it took a minute for her eyes to adjust, but only a second to recognize her ride.
It was him. She would recognize that red hair anywhere. Her hockey idol. Sean Stevenson. She nearly dropped her bag. She slowly walked over to him. Stopping a few feet short out of shock.
Sr. laughs. “Well you must be her. Ravyn, right?”
Speechless, she nods her head.
“Junior! Grab her bag before she falls over, please?”
A tall, lanky teenager climbs out of the back of the van. Ravyn shakes her head and hands the kid her bag. “You can ride shotgun.”
“What’s ‘shotgun’?”
“Oh… You get to ride in the front seat. Sorry. I forgot you are from a different country. What’s it like over there?”
“Cold. And very wet. Very pretty. We have a pond that freezes every winter, where I learned to skate.”
“You speak really good English… sorry.”
“I am fluent in six languages.”
“Whoa! And you’re how old?”
“I will be 11 at the end of December.”
Sr. “Come on, you guys can talk in the van. And just think, you didn’t want to come, Junior.”

They arrived in Salem at her new home. She was given a tour of the house and shown her pretty much set up room. “I hope you like it. I kinda just had fun with it based on what your parents sent and said about you.” Mrs. Stevenson said sweetly.
“Thank you, ma’am. It is absolutely wonderful.”
Ravyn got settled in and unpacked her things. It was still summer break for their school system so there was a lot of free time in the day. Ravyn constantly wanted to be at the rink, so they got her a set of roller blades so she could practice as much as she wanted on and off the ice. She made friends easily, as everyone wanted to talk to the new girl. The school year started, and she entered the seventh grade, a grade ahead of most of her age based on test scores. She maintained good grades and attendance at school, while maintaining perfect attendance to all practices. As things go here in the states, after the fact that she was the new girl wore off, she started getting picked on for being a tomboy. She didn’t care. She continued through the year and the season continuing to grow and shine. Winter came along and Ravyn was excited because she was hoping for a winter like she had back home. She was gravely disappointed. Stevenson Jr. had finally gotten used to having a girl in the house. So, when Ravyn started asking questions about winter in Oregon he just started to laugh.
“Winters here are often a major let down. No snow. Just rain and wind. If we lived in a different part of the state, then yeah there would be plenty of snow. But we aren’t that lucky here.”
They finished out her first season strong. The playoffs were some of the best she had played. After seeing all her own growth, she was glad she had made the choice to move. Ravyn was super excited for the next year because there were spots open on the first line and she wanted to fill one of them. The season ended and the team had won the championship. The team was sitting around talking about the win and the plan for the next year when they decided to hold a vote for captains. And to Ravyn’s surprise, she was voted first assistant captain. She went on that year as to hold the team record for goals scored with very few assists. Towards the end of the season, Ravyn mastered a shot that she named her Murder shot. She would rock the puck on to the back edge, shift it to the tip of her stick and snap it. This was the shot she used when she was mad. She never missed the chance to Murder. She used this shot to win her second championship with the team.
During her freshman year of high school, she started taking college classes online. She was able to attend school part time by making up part of her credits at the rink and helping coach some of the younger kids that had been recruited. She had been voted captain and was helping Sr. run the team. She had started a hockey club at her school, was in the school choir, and maintained honor roll status. As the school year and season came to a close, she decided that she would continue to take the college classes through the summer off season. She wanted to get as far ahead as she could so that when it was her chance for the SMJHL, she could go knowing that she wouldn’t have to stress about school and could focus more on her career.
Her sophomore year started off with a bit of a hitch. She had slipped and fell down the stairs at the Stevenson house and was sitting for the first couple of weeks of the season.
“Can’t trip you in skates, even when we try, but you can take yourself out with bare feet and carpet. You definitely belong on the ice, kid.” Sr. laughs.
Ravyn had a really hard time being benched. Even if it was necessary. She had been voted captain again and she felt like the captain should be first and last on and off the ice, always. Not being able to do that made her feel like she was somehow letting her team down. Sr. explained to her that being a good captain isn’t just about the ice or stats.
“Being a good captain is showing your team that healing and selfcare are just as important. If you can’t take care of yourself, how can the team know that you will be there to take care of them as their leader when they need you most.”
She used her bench time after that to strengthen the communication between the team. She couldn’t be on the ice but she could help them learn to communicate more by making call outs and reminding them to actively talk to each other. They created a language of their own for talking on the ice so that the other teams couldn’t understand them. After getting everything to work with herself off the ice, it was time for her to jump in and put it to the test. She got out on the ice and told her team that she was going to take it easy and work back into things so she could stay strong for the start of the season. After the first 10 or so minutes of goofing around and getting back into the swing of practice, things were back to normal.
Ravyn called out a drill and told them to run it like they had worked on. To her surprise, it was as if everyone knew exactly what to do. No prompts. Just smooth fluid motion, like a puck sliding over freshly zambonied ice. With the team running at a whole new caliber, they set new records through out the whole league. They won the championship again that year.

With Jr. off in Anchorage to play in the SMJHL, hockey was the only thing talked about in the house. One of the big topics was if Ravyn was going to follow Jr. to the SMJHL or if she was going to go the college route because she was already ahead in her credits. She wasn’t 100% sure what she wanted to do. During the off season, Ravyn decided to visited Jr. during one of his trainings to see what it was like up there. To see if maybe that would help make her choice easier. When they were on the team together, Ravyn thought that Jr. was amazing. She always tried to copy his technique. Well it seemed like she kept growing and he just kind of flopped his way through those years. Ravyn gave him so much crap about how he did. That was one of the reasons that she hadn’t chosen her path. When she watched Jr. practice after not seeing him for so long, she saw that he had grown a lot with his skills and that his issues weren’t growth related. When she got back she told Sr. that she had chosen based on her trip and that the SMJHL looked like it was going to be her best option for her career. She called Jr. to let him know also.
“What happened to that Stevenson talent, huh?” She laughed over the phone. “You gunna make it back here before you get stuck there for another year and we don’t get to see you?
“Umm… well I don’t really know. Dad couldn’t find any flights so I might not be able too…”
“Oh. Ok. Well then I guess save me a ticket and I will be at all of the games here.” Ravyn heard a knock at the door. “Sean, give me a second. Sounds like someone is at the door.”
She went to door and answered it not paying attention. When she looked back she realized that it was him and they both started laughing. They spent the next couple of hours passing pucks in the driveway and catching up.
“So, how long are you here for? Can’t be that long.”
“Eh. Just a few days. I wanted to tell you guys in person that I got called up to the SF Pride.”
“That’s great! You gunna suck there like you did up north?”
“Ouch! That hurts.”
“Ahh, do you need a tissue? Big baby. I’m up for the draft soon… You rootin for me?”
“I have always rooted for you, Ravyn. More than I think you realize. I know when you got here, you were young. I thought you were SOO annoying. You always wanted to play and be on the ice. I was envious. The things that you can do on and of the ice are amazing. You’re amazing… You have grown up so much. I… Can I tell you something?”
“Always….”
“I came back to see you. I… I wanted to see you, Ravyn.”
“Uh… oh… Sean… I don’t know what to say…”
“I know that you will be going off to the SMJHL and I will be in San Fran, but I like you. I have for a bit now. And I’m hoping that you like me too…?”
Ravyn was shocked. All this time, she thought to herself. She looked at him. She could see it in his eyes. And without a second of hesitation, she kissed him. They were sitting on the back porch when they heard a whistle and clapping. They both turned around to see Sr. standing by the back door. Much to Ravyn’s disbelief, no one was mad. They spent the next couple of days together. It was like they were glued at the hip. When it was time for him to go, he pulled out one of his Pride jerseys and gave it to her.
“You could get in trouble…”
“It got lost in transit. Besides, it looks better on you.”

So here I am, Ravyn Tedisko. S47 SMJHL prospect. I am an open book. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

[Image: Tadisko.png]

CZECHIA THE BESTIA

also its x2 media week for talk about S48 so include that in the top of the post so the graders nkow

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

04-13-2019, 03:27 PMluketd Wrote: CZECHIA THE BESTIA

also its x2 media week for talk about S48 so include that in the top of the post so the graders nkow

Fixed. Thank you!

[Image: Tadisko.png]

+1

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Nicely Done!
Over 3000 words!
You're a Typing Machine!
I'm kinda old fashioned... can we build you a private area in the locker room?