Create Account

My experience leading to the draft.

2x draft media

My experience so far leading to the SMJHL has been very interesting. Playing in the world juniors with teammates much more advanced than I am and being able to gain that experience was amazing. I was able to watch and trying new tips and tricks that people told and showed me. I was also able to pick up on some things that I applied in the prospect tournament, and I feel like I was able to do some good things with and for the team. During world juniors, not going to lie, I kind of felt like a little kid again on the ice. Playing against people that were older and more advanced gave me a drive to want to reach their level of skill. I feel like the vast differences between to two competitions gave me a better insight into the type and caliber of player that the SHL looks for. I feel that it also gave me a better perspective of where I am currently and where I would like to go.
     The prospect tournament, I feel, has been amazing so far. The games themselves have been a blast. It has been interesting to watch how well the Vipers have been working together to win the tournament when, in reality, this is a one for all competition to be the best pick. I have noticed that with this team it seems to be more about the game and less about the spotlight. For a team that won’t be a team after this, it has sure felt like one. The Vipers have done extremely well in each of the rounds. It sucked not getting to play very much for part of the tournament. I thought I was on fire with the rest of the team. At first it was a little aggravating, but the more I thought about it the more I thought about how well the team was doing and that maybe the coaches switched things up to show a different team style. I don’t know if doing that gave them the outcome they wanted, because they very quickly switched the lines back to more of what they looked like at the beginning of the tournament.
     Looking at the stats so far, knowing that finals are today, I find myself thinking more about how well the Vipers are going to do than I am about where I get drafted. I want to show the GM’s that I mean business and want to earn a spot on my abilities, not just because of reaching the finals in the tournament. One of the things that I am proud of myself for is the hat trick I pulled off. I don’t think I could have done that without my murder shot and some really good play set ups by the team.
     I hope that all of my SMJHL draftmates have had as exciting of an experience as I have. I wish them all the best and I will see you on draft day.

[Image: Tadisko.png]

I love to see the prospects enjoying the tournament and their teammates, it really is a fun way to start the SHL experience.

Good luck tonight!!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

This is awesome, really makes me hate that I missed out on the prospect tournament!

You got lucky in wjc, not gonna happen again ya scrub

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

:Vipers: GO VIPERS GO!!! GREAT READ... GREAT TEAMMATE! :Vipers:

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

04-16-2019, 07:36 PMSlashACM Wrote: You got lucky in wjc, not gonna happen again ya scrub

Pretty sure my stats from the prospect tourney can argue that... lol or are you just scared to get beat by a girl...?

04-16-2019, 07:41 PMDarkened_Rose_16 Wrote:
04-16-2019, 07:36 PMSlashACM Wrote: You got lucky in wjc, not gonna happen again ya scrub

Pretty sure my stats from the prospect tourney can argue that... lol or are you just scared to get beat by a girl...?

Whether you've got a stick or a net doesn't matter here, just the tpe, and you don't have me beat there

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

04-16-2019, 07:45 PMSlashACM Wrote:
04-16-2019, 07:41 PMDarkened_Rose_16 Wrote: Pretty sure my stats from the prospect tourney can argue that... lol or are you just scared to get beat by a girl...?

Whether you've got a stick or a net doesn't matter here, just the tpe, and you don't have me beat there

Give it a few seasons Wink

04-16-2019, 07:41 PMRublic Wrote: :Vipers: GO VIPERS GO!!! GREAT READ... GREAT TEAMMATE! :Vipers:

Ahh young vipers, just remember, if you lost the tourney, it was rigged

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

04-16-2019, 07:51 PMDarkened_Rose_16 Wrote:
04-16-2019, 07:45 PMSlashACM Wrote: Whether you've got a stick or a net doesn't matter here, just the tpe, and you don't have me beat there

Give it a few seasons Wink

Then I wouldn't be chirping a helpless rook anymore