Create Account

Lallo Selman Ranks Top 7 Future Teammates (x2)
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 11:47 AM by BDonini.)

Welcome to the SHL network, tonight we'll be sitting down with Anaheim Outlaws forward Lallo Selman to talk about the prospects in tonight's SMJHL Draft and take a look at who he hopes to have as a teammate in Anaheim next season.

7. Joe Kerr
[Image: 387a5648.jpg]

Position: RW
Shot: Right
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 233 lbs
Born: Latvia

The big-bodied playmaking right winger from Latvia would be an excellent fit on my line with Westbroek. Neither of us are particularly big so to have a big body who's solid on the puck and can create chances for us would be a huge boost to our line. From what I've seen from Kerr he's particularly strong on the puck and has really good hands. He's the type of winger who can get down into the corners for us and go to the dirty area while still keeping hold of the puck. That's the type of player who would give us the time and space that we need to do our thing.

6. Jaako Jarvinen
[Image: Miro-Heiskanen.jpg]

Position: D
Shot: Right
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 195 lbs
Born: Finland

Jarvinen is a big, strong defensive defenseman. With Anaheim losing half their D core this season, this big, solid defender who can log those grindey minutes on the bottom pairing would be a fantastic fit. He's not flashy but he's effective and would be a useful piece to helping us go on our Four Star Cup run this season. There are also rumours that Jarvinen enjoys sleeping double digit hours on game day which would make him an easy target for pranks and a huge boost for team morale.

5. Freddie Sweeney
[Image: 1071938536.jpeg&]

Position: RW
Weight: 180 lbs
Born: United States

Another right winger who would be an excellent fit on me and Westbroek's line. Sweeney actually played with Westbroek for a season on their minor league team before Westbroek was drafted so the two of them already know each other which would help the chemistry between the three of us build more quickly. Sweeney is a really strong skater and he's really good on the puck. He plays similarly to how I play and is exactly the type of good skater we need to play some great possession hockey. According to Westbroek he's also a really fun person to be a teammate with which would obviously be a huge boost to add someone who could fit in well with the very tight group we have in Anaheim.

4. Noah Tedla
[Image: 498935950.jpg]

Position: D
Shot: Left
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 190 lbs
Born: United States

Tedla is another big bodied defenseman. He has a fantastic two way game, his excellent positioning and defensive ability make him very solid in his own end. He's also a great in transition, be it through stretch passes across the neutral zone or skating the puck up ice, Tedla is very good at moving the puck and getting his team into the offensive zone. I had the chance to play with Tedla in my minor hockey team before coming to the SMJHL and know that he's a fantastic teammate and player and think he'd do well on our blue line which is going to need some new bodies for S47. 

3. Alexander Thorstrom
[Image: 38295956_2089920311032737_33502772391061...Ng%3D%3D.2]

Position: G
Style: Butterfly
Weight: 210 lbs
Born: Sweden

Thorstrom is highly regarded as the best goaltender in this year's draft class and even though we have Tibuk who was great for us last season and had a fantastic World Junior Championship, he could very likely be moving on to Chicago after this season and having a 2nd top tier goalie is never a bad thing. Thorstrom is being trained and mentored by the legendary former SHL goaltender Ryan Jesster and he's expected to have the potential to be just as good as his mentor if not better, making him one of the players I'd really like to have here in Anaheim.

2. Kaspars Claude
[Image: boston-bruins-matt-grzelcyk-092916.jpg?itok=m6NjwWh9]

Position: D
Weight: 225 lbs
Born: Latvia

Claude is yet another defenseman who makes my list as we really need to get some fresh faces on the blue line this year but he's much more than just another defenseman. Claude is probably the best defenseman in this year's draft class, he's a two-way defenseman who's got excellent defensive abilities and who's able to provide a huge boost for us forwards with an excellent ability to breakout of our own zone but also with excellent ability in the offensive zone. Claude is a fantastic passer and has a rocket of a slapshot, he's able to quarterback the power play as well. In short, there isn't really much that Claude can't do and he'd be a really welcomed boost to our defensive depth. Definitely a player I'd love to play with if he falls down to us.

1. Calogero Crudelli
[Image: Egor-Afanasyev-Muskegon-Lumberjacks.jpg]

Position: LW
Weight: 235 lbs
Born: Latvia

Coming in at #1 is Calogero Crudelli. The Latvian left winger plays like a bigger version of me. This is the player I'm most excited about because not only is he expected to be really good but he has a style of play very similar to mine in that he's able to score, create chances and drive the play with his excellent abilities on the puck. To have him on my team and to be able to mentor him and compete with him would be great. Crudelli is widely expected to still be available when we make our first pick and adding him on would be a great move for our depth on the wing, especially since we may lose 2 or 3 good wingers after this season.

Well that's all for today's show folks, you can join us back here again live tonight at 8pm to watch the S47 SMJHL Entry Draft and see if Anaheim ends up with any of the players on Lallo Selman's wishlist or not.

Code:
Words: 1005 (plus x2 draft media bonus)

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Hmm Hmm Hmm

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

shit i didnt make the cut

[Image: Ozolins1.png]

Raptors  Mikelis Ozoliņš - D - Colorado Raptors Latvia

That's what I love to hear Lallo. The team Italy chemistry is still there, I can feel it in my bones.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

04-16-2019, 03:32 PMmastorino Wrote: shit i didnt make the cut

I didn’t either. Oh well.

[Image: TB.jpg]
[Image: Skree.gif]

04-16-2019, 03:32 PMmastorino Wrote: shit i didnt make the cut

you were supposed to but I got lazy and cut it from 10 to 7 lmao

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Thanks for the love Donini, it would be fun to share a LR together. We'll see how everything shakes out.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors