Create Account

Position group forums/lockerooms

Hi. 

Building on some discussion happening in @grok 's thunderdome, I feel that something that would really help foster a positive vibe in the community would be the creation of subformums/lockerrooms for each position group .

Benefits:
Way for players of the same position to interact and exchange ideas and banter about builds and strategies.
I see this as a place rookies of those positions can ask useful questions of vets, and give vets a chance to interact directly with rivals and players from teams they wouldn't normally chat with .

This builds from the theory that small good interactions that widen the social network of players across lockerrooms will help foster more positive relationships across lockerrooms and maybe damper some of the circle jerk and us Vs them that can happen across the silos that are teams .

I think this would be useful since international and junior teams do this a little but more is more. 

I am going to start are goalie discord Chanel for the time being. See if that is effective. But I think a more long form forum area would be brilliant too .

Costs:
Need to tag and untag people with yet another forum permission .but I don't see this as super onerous given the potential positive community building.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page