Create Account

Updating Issues

04-15-2019, 05:54 PMJNH Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:47 PMEaster Eggy Wrote: What about making the equipment just +X TPE rather than +X Stats?

Dunno, almost makes it a lil OP then?  Like now you don't even have to drop the 2.8M to redistribute it, it's just 28 TPE to have at it with.  At least the distribution scheme keeps it restrained and has some purpose.

Sorry, I was also thinking the price could change too but forgot to mention that.

Not sure what an appropriate change would be, though.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

04-15-2019, 06:48 PMEaster Eggy Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:54 PMJNH Wrote: Dunno, almost makes it a lil OP then?  Like now you don't even have to drop the 2.8M to redistribute it, it's just 28 TPE to have at it with.  At least the distribution scheme keeps it restrained and has some purpose.

Sorry, I was also thinking the price could change too but forgot to mention that.

350,000 per tpe, max of 28 TPE, would be 9.8 mil a season.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Tbh if you are a GM and struggling to get regression done right then you need to use the player builder bojo made. It makes regression an almost idiot proof process

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

04-15-2019, 08:51 PMml002 Wrote: Tbh if you are a GM and struggling to get regression done right then you need to use the player builder bojo made. It makes regression an almost idiot proof process

As an idiot, it was easy to test. Somebody even sent me an angry please because they thought it was wrong, but it wasnt

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-15-2019, 05:01 PM.bojo Wrote:
04-15-2019, 04:56 PMJNH Wrote: How would we simplify it?

Equipment's a bit of a cunt but I'm just not sure how we could make it easier to deal with.  Need with more brain cells than myself to knock it down.

i don't mind equipment, but if we're being really nickpicky the idea that you buy new equipment to make your self better each season that stacks each season seems silly. I feel like it should be called something else, like intense offseason training. and you shouldn't be able to bank those points imo. Basically pay a bunch of money to focus on certain attributes (with a limit per att of course).

Yeah but that'd mean 2 years of no equipment for SMJHL players while they wait for the call up...

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

04-15-2019, 06:48 PMEaster Eggy Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:54 PMJNH Wrote: Dunno, almost makes it a lil OP then?  Like now you don't even have to drop the 2.8M to redistribute it, it's just 28 TPE to have at it with.  At least the distribution scheme keeps it restrained and has some purpose.

Regarding this, PBE has stat specific equipment and you can buy an extra training once a season that is I think +18 TPE. Granted money is much easier to earn there, but I think full purchases are near 20 mil a season there? Not sure I like that model as much, but it'd be something to look at if you guys are interested in going that route.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I wouldn't be opposed to a fine rather than just not getting updated, after enough repeat occurrences. Obviously first years would be immune , but maybe 3 times making the same error and just a monetary fine.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Honestly, I don't have a problem getting updated, but that's because I have self built update post template that spells almost everything out. It confuses me that people can't be bothered to do a decent update.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

04-16-2019, 12:43 AMAvakael Wrote: Honestly, I don't have a problem getting updated, but that's because I have self built update post template that spells almost everything out. It confuses me that people can't be bothered to do a decent update.

This and what I did after I was called out for some mistakes on my first updates is look at other peoples update pages and steal their format.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I also have a spreadsheet that I stole from @karlssens and improved it to keep track of my TPE, my build and my bank. Sure it takes some time to edit it, but do it once a week and it's done quickly. Sure updaters get paid for what they do, but they don't get paid to take care of something you can't be bothered with to do right. I mean, you should be proud of the player(s) you are building right? How can you not take some time to document things a little?

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

04-15-2019, 10:23 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-15-2019, 06:48 PMEaster Eggy Wrote: Sorry, I was also thinking the price could change too but forgot to mention that.

Regarding this, PBE has stat specific equipment and you can buy an extra training once a season that is I think +18 TPE. Granted money is much easier to earn there, but I think full purchases are near 20 mil a season there? Not sure I like that model as much, but it'd be something to look at if you guys are interested in going that route.

It's +12 TPE but it has to be specified at the time of purchase what it will go towards. There's a cheaper version that is 6 TPE.

All equipment + training costs 18 mil there. It's a total of 44 TPE. There's also cheaper versions of everything, which is 6 mil for 22 TPE. The equipment has specific attributes it goes to, though you decide between 2-3 options of how it's split between those attributes.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 09:21 AM by GCool.)

04-16-2019, 12:43 AMAvakael Wrote: It confuses me that people can't be bothered to do a decent update.

My SHL career in one sentence.

But yeah, I'd love to canvass the true rookies because I didn't have this much of a problem even in S23/24/25. I just hear a lot of complaints about how clunky and confusing it is, and I truly don't see it [edit: apart from general forum movement. i understand that if you don't have experience with bbcode it's a little weird to link everything like that]

It's just hard to be my usual self when approaching this problem because ... well, that'd make a lot of people uninstall I think.