Create Account

Updating Issues

04-15-2019, 04:55 PMGCool Wrote:
04-15-2019, 04:51 PM.bojo Wrote: loosely related, can we simplify equipment? Every time i get an idea to do something, i roll my eyes at the idea having to handle that. Banked points that go specifically to an attribute, multiple purchases, multiple tiers.

I like what the GOMHL did with equipment a few seasons ago.

explainnnnnnnn

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-15-2019, 04:56 PMJNH Wrote:
04-15-2019, 04:55 PMGCool Wrote: I like what the GOMHL did with equipment a few seasons ago.

explainnnnnnnn

@.bojo would probably be better at explaining it.

Basically you had different equipment packages and then different tiers ... so the "Ned Sommers Package" was +PH and +SK, and Tier I/II/III was +1/+3/+/5 to each of those skills, respectively.

04-15-2019, 04:56 PMJNH Wrote:
04-15-2019, 04:51 PM.bojo Wrote: loosely related, can we simplify equipment? Every time i get an idea to do something, i roll my eyes at the idea having to handle that. Banked points that go specifically to an attribute, multiple purchases, multiple tiers.

How would we simplify it?

Equipment's a bit of a cunt but I'm just not sure how we could make it easier to deal with.  Need with more brain cells than myself to knock it down.

i don't mind equipment, but if we're being really nickpicky the idea that you buy new equipment to make your self better each season that stacks each season seems silly. I feel like it should be called something else, like intense offseason training. and you shouldn't be able to bank those points imo. Basically pay a bunch of money to focus on certain attributes (with a limit per att of course).

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-15-2019, 05:00 PMGCool Wrote:
04-15-2019, 04:56 PMJNH Wrote: explainnnnnnnn

Basically you had different equipment packages and then different tiers ... so the "Ned Sommers Package" was +PH and +SK, and Tier I/II/III was +1/+3/+/5 to each of those skills, respectively.

i actually haven't checked gomhl in a while lol. i should try it out again.

04-15-2019, 05:00 PMGCool Wrote:
04-15-2019, 04:56 PMJNH Wrote: explainnnnnnnn

Wait, isn't that what we have right now?

04-15-2019, 05:01 PM.bojo Wrote:
04-15-2019, 04:56 PMJNH Wrote: How would we simplify it?

Equipment's a bit of a cunt but I'm just not sure how we could make it easier to deal with.  Need with more brain cells than myself to knock it down.

i don't mind equipment, but if we're being really nickpicky the idea that you buy new equipment to make your self better each season that stacks each season seems silly. I feel like it should be called something else, like intense offseason training. and you shouldn't be able to bank those points imo. Basically pay a bunch of money to focus on certain attributes (with a limit per att of course).

Yeah, seems nitpicky to change the name. I don't care about the banking thing, but it's nice to give those who have the money an extra chance to fight regression. That being said, I have a completely separate argument about how it's too easy to buy equipment for everyone nowadays instead of it being reserved for the elite who've built up a nest egg. But that's another argument for another day.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019, 05:10 PM by GCool.)

04-15-2019, 05:07 PMJNH Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:00 PMGCool Wrote: @.bojo would probably be better at explaining it.

Wait, isn't that what we have right now?

Yes, but the limit was one package per season. It was just a little cleaner and, like Bojo said, from a syntactic standpoint you weren't getting a new stick that was making you that much better but an additional training camp which sits better with me.

Also since you had the one package per season it's with a purpose for 10 TPE, not just buying everything and redistrbuting 28 TPE. Idk, just seems clean!

04-15-2019, 05:09 PMJNH Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:01 PM.bojo Wrote: i don't mind equipment, but if we're being really nickpicky the idea that you buy new equipment to make your self better each season that stacks each season seems silly. I feel like it should be called something else, like intense offseason training. and you shouldn't be able to bank those points imo. Basically pay a bunch of money to focus on certain attributes (with a limit per att of course).

Yeah, seems nitpicky to change the name.  I don't care about the banking thing, but it's nice to give those who have the money an extra chance to fight regression.  That being said, I have a completely separate argument about how it's too easy to buy equipment for everyone nowadays instead of it being reserved for the elite who've built up a nest egg.  But that's another argument for another day.

if we combine our ideas together, we only allow equipment purchases the first (let's just say for example) 4 seasons. too early to bank solving my issue, preventing people from loading up on teeps solving yours

04-15-2019, 05:12 PM.bojo Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:09 PMJNH Wrote: Yeah, seems nitpicky to change the name.  I don't care about the banking thing, but it's nice to give those who have the money an extra chance to fight regression.  That being said, I have a completely separate argument about how it's too easy to buy equipment for everyone nowadays instead of it being reserved for the elite who've built up a nest egg.  But that's another argument for another day.

if we combine our ideas together, we only allow equipment purchases the first (let's just say for example) 4 seasons. too early to bank solving my issue, preventing people from loading up on teeps solving yours

Interesting. I'm not sure I love the idea, but it's a potential solution. I don't know if it's even a necessary change either. Maybe moreso about the inflation of money floating around the site now.

04-15-2019, 05:09 PMGCool Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:07 PMJNH Wrote: Wait, isn't that what we have right now?

Yes, but the limit was one package per season. It was just a little cleaner and, like Bojo said, from a syntactic standpoint you weren't getting a new stick that was making you that much better but an additional training camp which sits better with me.

Also since you had the one package per season it's with a purpose for 10 TPE, not just buying everything and redistrbuting 28 TPE. Idk, just seems clean!

Hm true. I don't mind the more TPE of 28 (lol obviously) but having a purpose is good. Again, not sure if this is a change that we really need to make. Potentially just changing something for the sake of changing something.

04-15-2019, 05:20 PMJNH Wrote:
04-15-2019, 05:09 PMGCool Wrote: Yes, but the limit was one package per season. It was just a little cleaner and, like Bojo said, from a syntactic standpoint you weren't getting a new stick that was making you that much better but an additional training camp which sits better with me.

Hm true.  I don't mind the more TPE of 28 (lol obviously) but having a purpose is good.  Again, not sure if this is a change that we really need to make.  Potentially just changing something for the sake of changing something.

Indeed. I was just being thorough. Smile

What about making the equipment just +X TPE rather than +X Stats?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Let's just call equipment astma spray. That's realism right there.

RETIRED

04-15-2019, 05:47 PMEaster Eggy Wrote: What about making the equipment just +X TPE rather than +X Stats?

Dunno, almost makes it a lil OP then? Like now you don't even have to drop the 2.8M to redistribute it, it's just 28 TPE to have at it with. At least the distribution scheme keeps it restrained and has some purpose.

04-15-2019, 05:54 PMMayuu Wrote: Let's just call equipment astma spray. That's realism right there.

If we had more realistic equipment, we'd need jock straps that improved your durability. Then find a way to make it so if you don't buy it and block a shot, your chance of injury increases by ~50%.