Create Account

Prospect Interview - Emeka Valentine-Okoli
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 07:57 PM by ProjectSaint.)

X2 bonus for draft media (672 words)

Its Tuesday the 16th of April, the S47 SMJHL draft draws closer by the minute, and teams have been finalising their choices on their picks. There have been some big young prospect names that have been going around the hockey circles, from the all rounded Russian sensation Mika Kandinsky, to the defensive wall known as Simon LeBlanc. However, there has been one player that has been off the radar and is keeping quiet heading into the draft. Head into his home country, and you will hear echoes of this young prospect.

His name is Emeka Valentine-Okoli.

We have had a rare interview with Valentine-Okoli to gather his thoughts just before we are heading into the draft.

Q: Thank you for having us for the interview, must be a bit extraordinary to get such a major interview.
EVO: Hahaha, well you traveled to an unconventional hockey location just to interview me, so honestly, thank you for coming here.

Q: Alright then, first thing first, can you tell us more about yourself?
EVO: Sure. My name is Emeka Valentine-Okoli. I was born here in Wokingham, UK to my British dad and Nigerian mum and I currently play junior hockey over in the neighbouring town. I am a Right Winger, will play anywhere if need be, and I will be entering the S47 SMJHL draft.

Q: How did you get into hockey?
EVO: Well it’s kinda weird so to say. Only 5 years ago, I was invited to join my friends in the nearby ice rink, which I did because it was a hot summer that day. It also just so happened to be the day where I met with the one person who brought me into hockey. Savoli Tankovic. I don’t know why he was here in the first place, but I was also curious about his gear, then what is ice hockey, ect ect. That opened the door for me. I got home and was just like “MUM, I WANT TO JOIN A ICE HOCKEY CLUB”. God bless Ma and Dad, cause I joined from there, and never looked back.

Q: Wow, that interesting to hear. How do you feel about yourself heading into the draft?
EVO: All I feel are nerves. I want to play badly, but I know that there are many talented guys from places much more noticeable than a town some time away from London. However, I will put myself on the major grind, no matter where I get drafted.

Q: Is there any team that you would like to join?
EVO: Honestly, I am open to any team that drafts me. Sure, I would love to hook up with Savoli, but all I’m interested in doing is producing.

Q: What type of player would you like to be?
EVO: A sniper. Like Simo Hayat, but with a puck. However, I also want to have a bit of utility to help the team when any role needs to be filled.

Q: What is your favourite NHL team and your favourite player?
EVO: I’m a Vegas fan, ever since their inception. Who doesn’t like the fortress and the Vegas fans, it’s invigorating to watch. As for player, Marc-Andre Fleury. I can’t play goalie, but if I did, I’d probably try to emulate his style to a T, without question.

Q: Any last things to say?
EVO: I would like to thank my parents for supporting me throughout my whole life and my friends who brought me here and made me one of the luckiest guys in the world, yes even you guys at school. I would like to thank coach for developing me into the player that I am in a short space of time. And finally, I would like to thank Savoli Tankovic for bringing me into the sport, for keeping contact with me and for being the inspiration to my game. Without you, I wouldn’t even be playing hockey.
Thank you very much, if you want, we have oyster sauce stir fry with chicken and bacon to serve.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 07:53 PM by Obsidian311.)

Full Edit, Highlight all, click remove formatting button, profit. People who use dark mode are reading black on black. Also since this is draft related change the tag to 2x draft media and save your 2x "first" article bonus for after double draft media week is over Smile

04-16-2019, 07:52 PMObsidian311 Wrote: Full Edit, Highlight all, click remove formatting button, profit. People who use dark mode are reading black on black. Also since this is draft related change the tag to 2x draft media and save your 2x "first" article bonus for after double draft media week is over Smile

Thanks alot. Still getting used to the site.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

04-16-2019, 07:58 PMProjectSaint Wrote:
04-16-2019, 07:52 PMObsidian311 Wrote: Full Edit, Highlight all, click remove formatting button, profit. People who use dark mode are reading black on black. Also since this is draft related change the tag to 2x draft media and save your 2x "first" article bonus for after double draft media week is over Smile

Thanks alot. Still getting used to the site.

No problem, welcome and good luck tonight Smile