Create Account

Michael Fox Post-Draft Interview

(715 words, ready to grade, 2x media for SMJHL draft)

The S47 SMJHL Entry Draft has come and gone and teams have restocked with fresh new talent. St Louis prepped heavy for this draft, hoping to come out of it with a few strong players to help them in their quest for history, hoping to become the first SMJHL team to win four straight 4-Star Cups. Michael Fox was seen at the draft welcoming the new draftees and we were able to catch up with him for our first interview with the St Louis captain since last season.

Tripp Forslund: Hello again Michael, nice to be able to catch up with you again.
Michael Fox: "Thanks, Tripp. Its been pretty busy around here lately so its nice to finally have some time again."

TF: Congratulations on your second 4-Star Cup and congratulations on helping St Louis match history with their third straight.
MF: "Thanks, Tripp. It was almost surreal winning the first one, and that experience in our top-six I think was key in getting through this past post-season. The finals were a grind and Kelowna was a tough team to take down, Leblanc was a brick wall at times. I'm just excited to be back again to help us get one more."

TF: So you mentioned the top-six forward group being a strength for St Louis last season, how did last year's rookies play a role in getting the Cup?
MF: "I hope that comment didn't give an indication that our rookies weren't a strong suit. I was honestly surprised that we came out of the last draft as strong as we did, the players that fell to us were ones that should have gone a lot earlier than they did. I'm not complaining though, it has been an absolute pleasure playing alongside Zadina, Serpe, and Brunton. Then for us to find Gallagher, Poroshenko, and Muller in free agency, it was borderline unfair how strong we were as the season progressed. Sure, we had a really strong top-six forward group, but each and every addition we got last season played a huge role in getting us to where we ended up."

TF: So we both know we're not here to talk about the last draft as picks are still being sent in as we're talking for this seasons draft. How do you like the picks St Louis has made so far? Anybody else on your radar?
MF: "Right now I think we're done for the night. We got three really solid picks and I'm extremely excited to get them on the ice. I've talked to Mika the most so far and our management group made the perfect pick with him. He's a very well rounded player on the ice, but he seems to be an even better person off the ice. I see a lot of Gordie [Boomhoover] in him, which you know d*** well how good that will bode for St Louis after I'm gone. I've spoken to Abioye a little as well, he's dealing with some behind the scenes guys right now so I'll get to speaking to him more later, but he seems a lot like Mika where he's good on the ice and even better off of it. We pride ourselves in being one of the best locker rooms not only in the SMJHL, but even better than some SHL teams too. I haven't been able to get in touch with Odelein yet unfortunately but I know he's talked to our GMs so I'm sure I'll get a chance at talking to him soon."

TF: Sounds like you guys will be one of the favorites for the Cup again. Any comment on your locker room atmosphere about SHL teams?
MF: "No comment on that. Hey, I've got to run, but thanks for having me again Tripp."

You can catch Michael Fox and the rest of the St Louis Scarecrows soon as they start their quest for their fourth straight Four Star Cup.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

SCARECROW NOISES!!!

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

04-17-2019, 11:50 AMesilverm Wrote: SCARECROW NOISES!!!

Feeling great about being on this team!   Scarecrows

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]