Create Account

The Insiders: Mock Draft Mayhem
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019, 02:31 AM by Bruins10.)

double payout for the media related to draft

Welcome everyone to this episode of the Hockey Insiders. This will most likely be a 2 episode series but I do not know yet how my schedule will permit. Going to be a pretty busy next couple of days so hopefully I have the time to do it. If not, it will be done next week just to keep the content rolling in for the 4 fans I have reading this article right now.

Today, we are going to look at the mock drafts. Most importantly, the one that was done by Bruins10. Bruins10 was one of the first people to get their mock drafts into the league for the point task and it seemed that everyone was copying his. He has close ties to the insiders and most people thought he had the inside scoop on the draft and how it would all unfold. And to be honest, so did he. He had it all figured out and had lengthy talks to many General Managers about what they were looking for and who they would want to add to their teams. Unlike past drafts, this one was very up in the air. There were not any clear cut top end talent and no one knew what would happen, not even what would happen at the 1st overall pick. Because of all that, it made for a very entertaining draft.

I am going to start this first off by congratulating the whole SMJHL draft class of Season 47 on making it to the juniors. Take it all in, work your ass off in training camp (if you did not know, it is out there. So go claim your free TPE cause we all need it this early in our careers haha) and enjoy the road to the show to the big leagues.

So first, in order to look at the mock drafts, lets put it up and see what Bruins10 decided to do.
1.Travis Bitties
2. Gordon Bombay
3. Kaspars Claude
4. Atlas Rush
5. Calogero Crudelli
6. Padraig Sarantez
7. Piotr Horvat
8. Joe Kerr
9. Oliver Cleary
10. Ravyn Tedisko
11. Mikelis Ozolins
12. Freddie Sweeney
13. Alexander Thorstrom
14. Jack Bauer
15. SHL UsedToBeFun

If you are wondering why I stopped at 15, it is actually very simple. At pick 16, I had no idea what would happen. I was just guessing what would happen with those picks because it was too late in the draft to really know what would happen. Yes, we can talk about the famous pick 18. Everyone knew about Satoshi Zizagooney going to the Detroit Falcons because of his close ties to being part of management. I do not know completely what the extent of the job is, but Satoshi has to do with the management and the front office of the junior team in Detroit. It did make things interesting because of Detroit holding the number 1 overall pick in the draft and not owning any other picks in the first 2 rounds. There is a rule that states that you have to draft your own management players in their first 2 rounds. But, we will talk about that all in the next episode of the Mock Draft series of the Insiders.

Now, what everyone really wants to know, the choice decisions that Bruins made in his mock draft.

1)     Travis Bitties to the Detroit Falcons. Falcons This one was something most people saw coming. He was a very active member and Detroit had said they were very interested in picking up a player of Bitties talent. Someone like this does not come around pretty often so might as well take advantage when it comes into your lap. And the best part of it all, they traded up to get him. They had their eyes set on him and they made sure they could get him.

2)     Gordon Bombay to the Colorado Raptors. Raptors Rumblings around the Colorado management caused a leak. Word on the street was that they were targeting a goaltender, a centerman and a defenseman with their first 3 picks in the draft. Gordon Bombay had apparently impressed the team at the team interview and also, he was one of the top 
centerman on the draft board. So it seemed like a match made in heaven for someone to fill in perfectly on the Raptors squad.

3)     Kaspars Claude to the Vancouver Whalers. Whalers I think we all saw this one coming. Claude joined the Whalers for their playoff run in the last season. Whalers had a lot of interest in the young Latvian defenseman. Jax Duggan could easily mentor Claude in becoming a next 1st overall pick and also, Claude joins his billet brother in Vancouver. Check everything on the list, this makes sense

4)     Atlas Rush to the Halifax Raiders. raiders This is where the picks start to go out of whack. Halifax had contacted a lot of players, like almost the whole draft class this year and next. Being a recreate, Halifax had a little more incentive to take a guy like Atlas. They were going to go with the best player available, so that is a subjective pick. What the best player to you is a different to me. But none the less, Atlas seemed to make sense and they were high on him.

5)     Calogero Crudelli to the Lethbridge Lions. Lions The Lions had their eyes set on a centerman. Bombay was the one that most people wanted and then the draft class went thin down the middle. But, a source close to me said that Crudelli was willing to switch to the center if the team would want. That changed things with the Lions because they would be able to find their centerman and also, they would be getting a world class user with Jason, already bringing past players to the championships and to the hall of fame.

6)     Padraig Sarantez to the Anaheim Outlaws. Outlaws The Outlaws were a weird team. Getting the inside scoop off of them was interesting because it was a little tough but then they started to tell their whole team, asking the squad who they knew and what not. And what came out of the lockerrom of Anaheim? They mentioned that either Sarantez or Crudelli would be taken to the sunny city. But since Crudelli is off the board, they take Sarantez.

7)     Piotr Horvat to the Montreal Militia. Militia Montreal had their eyes set on a defenseman and a recreate. They did not want to risk it with a recreate, especially with the weakened draft class that their was. And who better than someone with the family last name with Horvat. A proven player in the sim, and a great user out of it. Montreal would be adding a great person to their roster and locker room.

8)     Joe Kerr to the Anchorage Armada. Armada The Armada were not looking to take a risk what so ever. Like none. They made that very clear when I received the intel. We were going with someone that had already played in the Anchorage (wherever that is. Is it even a city?). They already had Bombay on the team for the playoff run and had signed him with fellow Latvian Joe Kerr. This one seemed like it just fit perfectly.

9)     Oliver Cleary to the Kelowna Knights. Knights The Knights were looking to bolster their blue line unless one other player would fall to them, Calogero Crudelli. Crudelli seemed to be the popular opinion in this draft but only one team could have them. Cleary being a recreate put him very high on the list of the Knights and the fact that he had already had the most TPE out of many people left, he seemed to be a good fit for the Knights. The fact that he was projected in the top 3 to the top 4 picks of the draft and he would fall all the way to the Knights, I would not think they would pass up that opportunity.

10)  Ravyn Tedisko to the St. Louis Scarecrows. Scarecrows The crows were a hard team to get information from, it was as if they did not want to talk to anyone about the draft. To be honest, I did not even think they had an idea of who they were going to draft come time to make their pick. But Tedisko had ties to Saint Louis so I just said hey, if the shoe fits?

11)  Mikelis Ozolins to the Colorado Raptors. Raptors Colorado, like mentioned before, were looking for one defenseman, one center and one goaltender. They already targeted their center in the first round and they had a pick coming up at 13. With the Whalers not needing a goaltender this early in the draft, why waste a higher pick and risk the chance of losing on a franchise defenseman like Mikelis Ozolins. The Raptors also admitted to having a really high interest in him and Ozolins also went under the radar. Not many teams met with him or talked to him but he is set to be a great player in the juniors and in the bigs. I personally feel with Ozolins going past the first round, it’s the biggest steal of the draft and he will help a team immensely.

12)  Freddie Sweeny to the Vancouver Whalers. Whalers This was a crap shoot and a half. Sweeney was coming back into the league with an agent that used to be around and not many people knew where he would end up. But, a little hint was given out about him. And that was someone saying “I would be surprised if he makes it past like the 12th pick.” So hey, we are at the 12th pick and he is still on the board, add him to the list Bruins!

13)  Alexander Thorstrom to the Colorado Raptors. Raptors Jesster makes it back to the league is the biggest thing since sliced bread. The goaltender god from what I have heard, and to be honest, I totally remember him being in the league way back when. He was the power of the Dragons team in the beginning of the SHL so Colorado getting one of the most established users on their squad is amazing. AND! He meets the requirements and needs that the Raptors are truing to get from this draft.

14)  Jack Bauer to the Montreal Militia  Militia
15)  SHL UsedToBeFun to the Montreal Militia. Militia Might as well put them both together because I have the same reasoning of them going to the Militia. They are both recreates. Montreal would be looking for a little bit of stability on their squad and a recreate is always a little bit better than a newbie. It’s a safer pick on what is the biggest risk of it all, the draft. But to me, it made sense. I do not see why a recreate would pass further than someone who has not established themselves in the league.

So there you have it. This is The Insiders with the Mock Draft edition. Part 1 ofcourse. Part 2 will most likely talk about how this all ended in a disaster and how he, Bruins, could not have been more wrong than he was on the draft. To me, it makes sense. But the other General Managers had other tricks up their sleeves. We all know how drafts work, its like a game of jenga. One block comes out and the whole thing comes down. One pick goes the wrong way, and the whole mock changes direction. And we can not forget about trades when it comes to the draft and the juniors. That really changes the look of everyones mock drafts.

Have a great night, see you guys tomorrow for the next episode.

WordCount: 1961..... Go Whalers

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

04-18-2019, 02:30 AMBruins10 Wrote: double payout for the media related to draft

Welcome everyone to this episode of the Hockey Insiders. This will most likely be a 2 episode series but I do not know yet how my schedule will permit. Going to be a pretty busy next couple of days so hopefully I have the time to do it. If not, it will be done next week just to keep the content rolling in for the 4 fans I have reading this article right now.

Today, we are going to look at the mock drafts. Most importantly, the one that was done by Bruins10. Bruins10 was one of the first people to get their mock drafts into the league for the point task and it seemed that everyone was copying his. He has close ties to the insiders and most people thought he had the inside scoop on the draft and how it would all unfold. And to be honest, so did he. He had it all figured out and had lengthy talks to many General Managers about what they were looking for and who they would want to add to their teams. Unlike past drafts, this one was very up in the air. There were not any clear cut top end talent and no one knew what would happen, not even what would happen at the 1st overall pick. Because of all that, it made for a very entertaining draft.

I am going to start this first off by congratulating the whole SMJHL draft class of Season 47 on making it to the juniors. Take it all in, work your ass off in training camp (if you did not know, it is out there. So go claim your free TPE cause we all need it this early in our careers haha) and enjoy the road to the show to the big leagues.

So first, in order to look at the mock drafts, lets put it up and see what Bruins10 decided to do.
1.Travis Bitties
2. Gordon Bombay
3. Kaspars Claude
4. Atlas Rush
5. Calogero Crudelli
6. Padraig Sarantez
7. Piotr Horvat
8. Joe Kerr
9. Oliver Cleary
10. Ravyn Tedisko
11. Mikelis Ozolins
12. Freddie Sweeney
13. Alexander Thorstrom
14. Jack Bauer
15. SHL UsedToBeFun

If you are wondering why I stopped at 15, it is actually very simple. At pick 16, I had no idea what would happen. I was just guessing what would happen with those picks because it was too late in the draft to really know what would happen. Yes, we can talk about the famous pick 18. Everyone knew about Satoshi Zizagooney going to the Detroit Falcons because of his close ties to being part of management. I do not know completely what the extent of the job is, but Satoshi has to do with the management and the front office of the junior team in Detroit. It did make things interesting because of Detroit holding the number 1 overall pick in the draft and not owning any other picks in the first 2 rounds. There is a rule that states that you have to draft your own management players in their first 2 rounds. But, we will talk about that all in the next episode of the Mock Draft series of the Insiders.

Now, what everyone really wants to know, the choice decisions that Bruins made in his mock draft.

1)     Travis Bitties to the Detroit Falcons. Falcons This one was something most people saw coming. He was a very active member and Detroit had said they were very interested in picking up a player of Bitties talent. Someone like this does not come around pretty often so might as well take advantage when it comes into your lap. And the best part of it all, they traded up to get him. They had their eyes set on him and they made sure they could get him.

2)     Gordon Bombay to the Colorado Raptors. Raptors Rumblings around the Colorado management caused a leak. Word on the street was that they were targeting a goaltender, a centerman and a defenseman with their first 3 picks in the draft. Gordon Bombay had apparently impressed the team at the team interview and also, he was one of the top 
centerman on the draft board. So it seemed like a match made in heaven for someone to fill in perfectly on the Raptors squad.

3)     Kaspars Claude to the Vancouver Whalers. Whalers I think we all saw this one coming. Claude joined the Whalers for their playoff run in the last season. Whalers had a lot of interest in the young Latvian defenseman. Jax Duggan could easily mentor Claude in becoming a next 1st overall pick and also, Claude joins his billet brother in Vancouver. Check everything on the list, this makes sense

4)     Atlas Rush to the Halifax Raiders. raiders This is where the picks start to go out of whack. Halifax had contacted a lot of players, like almost the whole draft class this year and next. Being a recreate, Halifax had a little more incentive to take a guy like Atlas. They were going to go with the best player available, so that is a subjective pick. What the best player to you is a different to me. But none the less, Atlas seemed to make sense and they were high on him.

5)     Calogero Crudelli to the Lethbridge Lions. Lions The Lions had their eyes set on a centerman. Bombay was the one that most people wanted and then the draft class went thin down the middle. But, a source close to me said that Crudelli was willing to switch to the center if the team would want. That changed things with the Lions because they would be able to find their centerman and also, they would be getting a world class user with Jason, already bringing past players to the championships and to the hall of fame.

6)     Padraig Sarantez to the Anaheim Outlaws. Outlaws The Outlaws were a weird team. Getting the inside scoop off of them was interesting because it was a little tough but then they started to tell their whole team, asking the squad who they knew and what not. And what came out of the lockerrom of Anaheim? They mentioned that either Sarantez or Crudelli would be taken to the sunny city. But since Crudelli is off the board, they take Sarantez.

7)     Piotr Horvat to the Montreal Militia. Militia Montreal had their eyes set on a defenseman and a recreate. They did not want to risk it with a recreate, especially with the weakened draft class that their was. And who better than someone with the family last name with Horvat. A proven player in the sim, and a great user out of it. Montreal would be adding a great person to their roster and locker room.

8)     Joe Kerr to the Anchorage Armada. Armada The Armada were not looking to take a risk what so ever. Like none. They made that very clear when I received the intel. We were going with someone that had already played in the Anchorage (wherever that is. Is it even a city?). They already had Bombay on the team for the playoff run and had signed him with fellow Latvian Joe Kerr. This one seemed like it just fit perfectly.

9)     Oliver Cleary to the Kelowna Knights. Knights The Knights were looking to bolster their blue line unless one other player would fall to them, Calogero Crudelli. Crudelli seemed to be the popular opinion in this draft but only one team could have them. Cleary being a recreate put him very high on the list of the Knights and the fact that he had already had the most TPE out of many people left, he seemed to be a good fit for the Knights. The fact that he was projected in the top 3 to the top 4 picks of the draft and he would fall all the way to the Knights, I would not think they would pass up that opportunity.

10)  Ravyn Tedisko to the St. Louis Scarecrows. Scarecrows The crows were a hard team to get information from, it was as if they did not want to talk to anyone about the draft. To be honest, I did not even think they had an idea of who they were going to draft come time to make their pick. But Tedisko had ties to Saint Louis so I just said hey, if the shoe fits?

11)  Mikelis Ozolins to the Colorado Raptors. Raptors Colorado, like mentioned before, were looking for one defenseman, one center and one goaltender. They already targeted their center in the first round and they had a pick coming up at 13. With the Whalers not needing a goaltender this early in the draft, why waste a higher pick and risk the chance of losing on a franchise defenseman like Mikelis Ozolins. The Raptors also admitted to having a really high interest in him and Ozolins also went under the radar. Not many teams met with him or talked to him but he is set to be a great player in the juniors and in the bigs. I personally feel with Ozolins going past the first round, it’s the biggest steal of the draft and he will help a team immensely.

12)  Freddie Sweeny to the Vancouver Whalers. Whalers This was a crap shoot and a half. Sweeney was coming back into the league with an agent that used to be around and not many people knew where he would end up. But, a little hint was given out about him. And that was someone saying “I would be surprised if he makes it past like the 12th pick.” So hey, we are at the 12th pick and he is still on the board, add him to the list Bruins!

13)  Alexander Thorstrom to the Colorado Raptors. Raptors Jesster makes it back to the league is the biggest thing since sliced bread. The goaltender god from what I have heard, and to be honest, I totally remember him being in the league way back when. He was the power of the Dragons team in the beginning of the SHL so Colorado getting one of the most established users on their squad is amazing. AND! He meets the requirements and needs that the Raptors are truing to get from this draft.

14)  Jack Bauer to the Montreal Militia  Militia
15)  SHL UsedToBeFun to the Montreal Militia. Militia Might as well put them both together because I have the same reasoning of them going to the Militia. They are both recreates. Montreal would be looking for a little bit of stability on their squad and a recreate is always a little bit better than a newbie. It’s a safer pick on what is the biggest risk of it all, the draft. But to me, it made sense. I do not see why a recreate would pass further than someone who has not established themselves in the league.

So there you have it. This is The Insiders with the Mock Draft edition. Part 1 ofcourse. Part 2 will most likely talk about how this all ended in a disaster and how he, Bruins, could not have been more wrong than he was on the draft. To me, it makes sense. But the other General Managers had other tricks up their sleeves. We all know how drafts work, its like a game of jenga. One block comes out and the whole thing comes down. One pick goes the wrong way, and the whole mock changes direction. And we can not forget about trades when it comes to the draft and the juniors. That really changes the look of everyones mock drafts.

Have a great night, see you guys tomorrow for the next episode.

WordCount: 1961..... Go Whalers

Awesome, I'm glad you went #3, at least I got that one right. It was a rough mock for most of us.

Good luck this year

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

I'd say I'm sorry for making the mocks hard on everyone, but I"m really not lol. We kept it close to the vest and got our guy at #2.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Haha thanks jesster! Congrats on going 2

And for hhh, you did what you had to do

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

#InsiderShminsider

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]