Create Account

SMJHL TPE Cap

04-20-2019, 02:41 PMBruins10 Wrote: Maybe i dont know the site enough but what if we also limit the amount of seasons a player can play in the pros. Like a 15 year career max as an example. So by diluting the pro talent aswell, making people have to retire. It forces teams to xall up their players that are capped in the juniors.

Also, by capping a players career, youll have people with less tpe in the pros. Most people hit like 1300 tpe and then they dominate no matter what. Im saying what if we make it so that you cant reach that? So you dilute both the pro and the junior level

players enter regression after 10 seasons so if you are S46 you regress in S56, but if you are a tpe monster you can fight it for quite i bit .

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

04-20-2019, 02:34 PMJNH Wrote:
04-20-2019, 02:30 PMMayuu Wrote: I think there's more glaring things that will keep away rookies. Like creating a goalie when the juniors is flooded with goalies, creating the wrong archtype and forced to stick with it. Joining a national team you don't mix with and such.

There's definitely MORE glaring things but I don't think that's a reason to say that we should ignore the effect that this will have on rookies. It's not a "one or the other" situation, we can stop the crazy influx of goalies/help with archetypes and builds while also trying to ensure that they're not holding 4th line all season and notching 2 points.

How's that different from getting called up season 3 and getting 6 points on the SHL team?

RETIRED

This comes down to one question for me: is the SMJHL supposed to be the AHL to the SHL or is the CHL?

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

04-20-2019, 03:06 PM39alaska39 Wrote: This comes down to one question for me: is the SMJHL supposed to be the AHL to the SHL or is the CHL?

I made the argument for it being like the CHL in the OP and imo the way it is right now it isn’t at all like the CHL. Like I said I’m not proposing dropping the cap or making a huge jump but I don’t think that a small increment would make it *that* much more difficult for rookies. Even some sort of cap where once you reach 350 you’re only allowed to apply capped TPE to your player (which is at most an extra 40 TPE per season) would add a bit more realism.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Donini always throwing out facts

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

04-20-2019, 03:01 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
04-20-2019, 02:41 PMBruins10 Wrote: Maybe i dont know the site enough but what if we also limit the amount of seasons a player can play in the pros. Like a 15 year career max as an example. So by diluting the pro talent aswell, making people have to retire. It forces teams to xall up their players that are capped in the juniors.

Also, by capping a players career, youll have people with less tpe in the pros. Most people hit like 1300 tpe and then they dominate no matter what. Im saying what if we make it so that you cant reach that? So you dilute both the pro and the junior level

players enter regression after 10 seasons so if you are S46 you regress in S56, but if you are a tpe monster you can fight it for quite i bit .
Yeahh thats what im trying to say. But what ifnyou could only have a max anount of 3 seasons after regression? So youre forced to retire at that point is what im trying to say

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

04-20-2019, 03:05 PMMayuu Wrote:
04-20-2019, 02:34 PMJNH Wrote: There's definitely MORE glaring things but I don't think that's a reason to say that we should ignore the effect that this will have on rookies. It's not a "one or the other" situation, we can stop the crazy influx of goalies/help with archetypes and builds while also trying to ensure that they're not holding 4th line all season and notching 2 points.

How's that different from getting called up season 3 and getting 6 points on the SHL team?

That's why I said we need a fix on multiple levels. I'm not saying we need to only help rookies or send downs, we need a situation in which both can thrive. Neither Donini's proposed nor the current situation does that.

Some combo of those with Ofer's idea is a step in the right direction.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-20-2019, 03:40 PMJNH Wrote:
04-20-2019, 03:05 PMMayuu Wrote: How's that different from getting called up season 3 and getting 6 points on the SHL team?

That's why I said we need a fix on multiple levels.  I'm not saying we need to only help rookies or send downs, we need a situation in which both can thrive.  Neither Donini's proposed nor the current situation does that.

For me, I had a lot of fun first season even tho my player was dog shit. I knew that if I worked hard the start of season two I'd provide for the team and start carrying my weight, that was all the motivation I needed. 

Season 3-4 could have been more interesting but nothing happend with my player, all I could do was coach things such as line tweaking and test simming. 

I had a blast in SMJHL but there's potential to be more. 

Both leagues fictions as ladders, only that your on the top of the ladder season two smjhl. While at SHL you will be at the bottom after season 2-4 and then there's a long climb to top 6/4.  Of course different teams have different situations.

Personally I think SMJHL is an awesome league with lots of rivalries, there's nothing wrong with staying down max seasons if you are enjoying it and your SHL team don't need to call you up. At least that's my feeling after 4 seasons down.

RETIRED

04-20-2019, 03:17 PMBDonini Wrote:
04-20-2019, 03:06 PM39alaska39 Wrote: This comes down to one question for me: is the SMJHL supposed to be the AHL to the SHL or is the CHL?

I made the argument for it being like the CHL in the OP and imo the way it is right now it isn’t at all like the CHL. Like I said I’m not proposing dropping the cap or making a huge jump but I don’t think that a small increment would make it *that* much more difficult for rookies. Even some sort of cap where once you reach 350 you’re only allowed to apply capped TPE to your player (which is at most an extra 40 TPE per season) would add a bit more realism.

I agree with you, the CHL is what the SMJHL should be in my opinion. I think the league currently treats the SMJHL like the AHL. As an SMJHL GM, I can say that the SHL GMs (with a couple exceptions) do not care about the SMJHL GMs and teams and we are simply there to hold their players for them. If that’s the case, then fine, we are the AHL. But when we frame the league as juniors and the way to get drafted and developed, then there needs to be a change somewhere. Maybe your TPE suggestion is it, maybe it isn’t, but something needs to change

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

04-20-2019, 04:00 PMMayuu Wrote:
04-20-2019, 03:40 PMJNH Wrote: That's why I said we need a fix on multiple levels.  I'm not saying we need to only help rookies or send downs, we need a situation in which both can thrive.  Neither Donini's proposed nor the current situation does that.

For me, I had a lot of fun first season even tho my player was dog shit. I knew that if I worked hard the start of season two I'd provide for the team and start carrying my weight, that was all the motivation I needed. 

Season 3-4 could have been more interesting but nothing happend with my player, all I could do was coach things such as line tweaking and test simming. 

That's great for you, but it's not the same for everyone. I don't disagree that we could make the send down experience better, but we should also try to make the rookie experience better. I don't see why keeping rookie scoring down and then just saying "it's motivation to get better" should be a legit strategy? Why not let rookies succeed, score more while also giving them the motivation to get better.

04-20-2019, 04:27 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
04-20-2019, 03:17 PMBDonini Wrote: I made the argument for it being like the CHL in the OP and imo the way it is right now it isn’t at all like the CHL. Like I said I’m not proposing dropping the cap or making a huge jump but I don’t think that a small increment would make it *that* much more difficult for rookies. Even some sort of cap where once you reach 350 you’re only allowed to apply capped TPE to your player (which is at most an extra 40 TPE per season) would add a bit more realism.

I agree with you, the CHL is what the SMJHL should be in my opinion. I think the league currently treats the SMJHL like the AHL. As an SMJHL GM, I can say that the SHL GMs (with a couple exceptions) do not care about the SMJHL GMs and teams and we are simply there to hold their players for them. If that’s the case, then fine, we are the AHL. But when we frame the league as juniors and the way to get drafted and developed, then there needs to be a change somewhere. Maybe your TPE suggestion is it, maybe it isn’t, but something needs to change

Yeahthat

04-20-2019, 05:20 PMJNH Wrote:
04-20-2019, 04:00 PMMayuu Wrote: For me, I had a lot of fun first season even tho my player was dog shit. I knew that if I worked hard the start of season two I'd provide for the team and start carrying my weight, that was all the motivation I needed. 

That's great for you, but it's not the same for everyone.  I don't disagree that we could make the send down experience better, but we should also try to make the rookie experience better.    I don't see why keeping rookie scoring down and then just saying "it's motivation to get better" should be a legit strategy? Why not let rookies succeed, score more while also giving them the motivation to get better.

Because it doesn't translate to when they get called up, in best of worlds it would be great if everyone got exactly what they wanted out of SHL. 

Selling the first seasons with many points won't make the experience when you get called up any better. 

I think a light version of the progression ladder you will hit once you get called up to SHL is a good way of showing the true colors of the league. In my short time o don't know how many people burn out after the SHL draft once they realize just how much TPE they will need to get competitive in the big league. 

Most top tier teams don't need you until your 800/900 TPE plus today.

RETIRED

I really like Ofer's Idea. We could even do something similar to the NHL/AHL where two SHL teams share an AHL team if we don't want to create a AHL equivalent for each team. This could also open more GM positions which could entice new users. I would probably make it max 2-3 seasons in SMJHL and then however long until you get called up to your SHL team by playing in the SSHL(Senddown Simulation Hockey League).

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

I feel like these ideas are all great but adding another AHL or Senddown league is def a lot more work to be added and a lot more jobs added to the league. Its easy to say but addint teams is def one of the hardest things to do, especially when it comes to adding a whole new league within the shl

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

04-20-2019, 05:33 PMRublic Wrote: I really like Ofer's Idea. We could even do something similar to the NHL/AHL where two SHL teams share an AHL team if we don't want to create a AHL equivalent for each team.  This could also open more GM positions which could entice new users.  I would probably make it max 2-3 seasons in SMJHL and then however long until you get called up to your SHL team by playing in the SSHL(Senddown Simulation Hockey League).

How many teams can we actually fill by going that route, though? We'd be fielding 6 player teams, even with two teams sharing one.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia