Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4

Eggy - I mean this one kind of goes without saying for me. We joined at the same time and he launched a career that would send him to the front office of our entire community. We don't agree sometimes, but he deserves a spot regardless.

Dankoa - This can be my homer pick but Dan deserves a spot here. From what I can tell, he seems to be the voice of reason through a sea of children and nonsense. He's as active as it comes and knows the system inside & out.

Bojo - As well as an excellent mentor for newer folk, bojo is an incredible member and asset to the community. He's contributed in more ways than one and shows no signs of slowing down.

Gorlab - Although he's riddled with bullet holes & controversial opinions / posts, at his peak this man was unstoppable. He held numerous jobs around the site and was, like the others, an excellent mentor to the newer members.

Quote:Words: 162

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Head 1 - @Eggy216 - like many members have said before, absolutely no brainer. IMO the best commish the SHL has seen in a long while, has tremendously sped up offseasons (improvement) and has been a driving force in the community since I returned in S27.

Head 2 - @Leafs4ever - long standing commish, great dude, phenomenal GM for a long portion of his time on the SHL, I don't think there is a person on this site who embodies SHL more than leafs.

Head 3 - @[.bojo] - the bojo box is really all that needs to be said. bojo has contributed so much to this community, deserves his spot on the wall. or rock.

Head 4 - @JackCross - not a knock against any other simmer who has been simming since jack cross, but even though his schedule was inconsistent, he was probably the first simmer that the SHL had who was consistent. Nice job mr jack cross.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

This Rushmore is different than others. Rather than focusing on players who best represent the league, I want this monument to represent the ones who give us all anxiety and fear, the guardians of the Thunderdome.

@kit this is a no brainer. Thunderdome and Kit are a marriage made in heaven. Although he has grown from the days of yore into an incredible member of this site, the young one he was gave us nights of Drama and constant f5. For that, we are to be grateful

@Snussu his Thunderdome sucked. And it should be remembered that he isn't great at them, but his TD was full of doxx and shouldn't be remembered. He will eventually be replaced by a new TD king

@Malone oh Malone. Where art thou Malone. His Thunderdome beef with wannabefinn regarding nonsense was only shadowed by his fight against JSS about the death of Xxx tentacion. Malone was so heated that he left the site as a result of the burns his own Thunderdome gave him. We should rememebr the danger of the aTD.

@Loganjj21 now how could I leave Logan off this site. My first day on this site, homie was tding gala. This was a monumental mistake as the spite backfired in a way that people are not quick to forget this transgression. Logan is the heart of the Thunderdome as well as the face. As a result , his face should be remembered forever

So the SHL Mount Rushmore would feature these four heads in my honest opinion. I know I haven't been a member of the site for too long but I feel I have a sense of who would be a good fit to have the faces plastered on the side of a rocky hill.

First of I think that JayWhy would be a good fit to have his head on the side of the mountain. For starters, the man has done it all. He seems to be everywhere and doing so with grace. Hes created some of the best players and is currently the GM of the Manhattan Rage and turning a team that was a bottom dweller into a team that is viewed as many as the team of the future.

Secondly I see Eggy as a head, well because hes viewed as the head of the SHL being the Commissioner. A head for the head.

I think Izzy would be a good fit as well. The guy seems to always be on the ball. He sets up the Pts and tries to make them as interactive as he can and I always see him interacting in the forum.

Lastly, I can see monkey10pts simply because hes the guy that got me interested in the SHL in the first place.

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

@gorlab this ones an easy one, the most prolific and important member of the shl. He made the orginal budget spreadsheet and also shl media waouldnt be anyhting like what it is today without this man. His player was a great for the Dragons, and its a shame he had to be autoretired. Truly an innovator of teh site and its a shame tha tthe head office is too blind to unban this man

@Kylrad Another easy one. Kylrads biggest and most major contribution was posting the season 19 smjhl draft thread, aka the most important thread in the history of the smjhl. After that he did some sfuff i guess but nothing as important.

@JNH Jane H built the terrible northstars for many years, and they were wful, and once he left they won. But he was a good smjhl commish and recruiter.

@O4L zofer is the teddy roosevelt, hes pretty cool but does anyone really know what he did?

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Quote:B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

First of all, I'd pick @JayWhy as a member of Mount Rushmore. His ability to create a wonderful locker room and team dynamic with the Rage, and mold them into a playoff caliber team is an amazing feat and just a few seasons.

Second, I'm picking @Glyc who was an amazing GM for me coming back, and generating a wonderful atmosphere in Vancouver is likely the main reason why I'm still active and playing today.

Third is @"luketd" another dude that did a great job with Vancouver in my time there as a player, and I love having conversations with him, hockey related or not, and I was humbled by his asking me to Co-GM with him.

Finally, and this is no easy decision for me feeling like I may omit others, but I'm choosing @Pris When i first started here back in S36 with my first player, she was an incredibly patient and helpful mentor, and though I did eventually go inactive with him, that positive experience is something I remembered when I came back, and seems to be a theme with many of the members on this site, and having a face and personality like her's for rookies is top notch.

Creating a Mount Rushmore for my time in the SHL is definitely a tough thing to do. There are so many great people in this league and counting everyone that’s made an impact on me is nigh impossible, but I’ve done the best I can.

Person 1: @caltroit_red_flames   Cal was the first person I knew in the SHL solely from him being a mod over in the Detroit subreddit. He’s been an amazing influence to have in the Czechia locker room since the day I joined, and he’s been fantastic. This is nothing against DMS because he is also fantastic, but I don’t think Czechia would quite be the same if Cal wasn’t there.

Person 2: @JayWhy  The stereotypical first gen choice, right? But JayWhy has been nothing but fantastic to me in my time in the league and has been one of my best friends since I got to Manhattan. He’s made me feel completely welcome to the organization and as a valuable member of the site. I can’t say enough good things about JayWhy. If you don’t know him, you should definitely get to know him.

Person 3: @"luketd"  Luke and I go way back, having joined the site within a day or so of each other as part of the S43 rookie class, the only two survivors from what at the time looked to be a legendary Czech group. He and I had never really had the chance to play together in the SMJHL and until this last season, had been rivals up and down. Now that we’re teammates, it’s been fantastic. He’s one of my best friends on the site and I’m very glad that we’ve been on the site together.

Person 4: @Good_Ole_Kimmy  Kimmy and I were drafted to Colorado together and were quick friends. We were linemates for a while and kept in touch even after he was traded. That led to him enjoy an easy choice for Co-GM when I was named GM of the Raptors, and even though he has since stepped down, he’s still someone I talk to regularly. Love the guy and he’s a great friend.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

[Image: QRjfwY3.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 09:52 PM by c00kies.)

The Calgary Dragons are arguably the SHL's best team, and I would put 4 dragons on mount Rushmore :p

First up is Park. He was key in setting up the Dragons to not only their first Championship, but to back to back. Aidan Richan was a huge reason for that, as he guided the Dragons backend for years. One of his most important moves was trading a draft pick to Minnesota for Vladislav Smirnov, who assisted on the GWG for the Dragons first Cup. Chico is the GOAT smeb too.

Second, is c00kies. A long-term co-gm who has helped maintain consistent success through different GM tenures, and has seen success with each player. He has helped the Dragons to seven SHL championships. He has made a player that fits the current need of each Calgary team, including the defensive, two-way center of Jagr gave the Dragons the depth they needed to win.

Third is Ofer, who took over and kept the Dragons competitive, but also made moves to draft a special someone first overall...Esa Anrikkanen! This move would end up being the Dragons most important move, as it set them up for a dynasty down the road. Kari Barkov was a scoring forward that led the way for the Dragons great seasons and kept the Dragons competitive. His other big move was naming c00kies co-GM, which helped solidify the Dragons...so the current core and intelligent GM duo is due largely to this man.

Finally, Esa Anrikkanen (Steelhead77) is the current leading force for the Dragons and has made them the most consistent threat in the league, with an unbelievable run of successful seasons that is largely unheard of. His quick thinking and amazing lockerroom atmosphere has created a home that players love to play, and has been able to adapt to sudden challenges (expansion) and continue to have success. Esa has one of the most prolific careers in SHL history, and will be remembered for being not only a dynamic player, but a much better person that exemplifies the leagues values.

closed!

and thank you to anyone who added my name to this list, its a virtual honor Blush

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria