Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

I’m going into my fourth season, but the following four people are either well-secured in their Rushmore candidacy or well on their way to HOF careers:

@"luketd" – what does this man not do? Super SMJHL GM, hated rival, up-and-coming SHL scorer, I could go on and on. But the key claim to fame is the work he does with statistics season in and season out. It feeds the stats nerd in me, and if he keeps this up… who knows what he’ll achieve?

@artermis – Since I’ve been here, arty has been in SMJHL HO, IIHF Commissioner, and now Co-GM of Anchorage. In every circle, arty does what they think is best for the league, and I really respect and appreciate that. Arty does a lot to help build and improve the site experience, and if anyone should go down as a builder in the SHL Hall(s) of Fame, it should be artermis.

@.bojo – Bojobox. I don’t need to saying anything else.

@DrunkenTeddy – while I’ve never shared a LR with Teddy, this human does the stuff behind the scenes to keep the site up and alive, and I appreciate that deeply. Plus, his player is great. What more could you want?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

NSFL Welfare

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

First off, I think it has to start with @. When I joined he was the commissioner and the GM of the Winnipeg Jets; you could tell there was an aura around him from day one. Leafs has an impeccable reputation and his steady and smart decisions helped to shape the league, we may never see his like again.

My second choice would be @Steelhead77 because Esa has re-written the book on being a GM. The Calgary Dragons have become a perennial powerhouse and their rebuilds last about four seconds. Esa has also been managing Calgary longer than some of you have been alive and doing it well.

My third candidate would be the SHL's top lightning rod, @Chris-McZehrl . Hate him or love him, you cannot deny that he builds A+ players who shred the league. Chris also loves the league and will do anything to make it better and constantly brings good ideas to the Head Office. Chris also has a knack for getting the most out of lines behind the bench as one of the leagues most underrated coaches.

The last candidate would have to be JackCross, the best simmer to ever simulate for the league. This beauty ran simulations twice a day for BOTH leagues at the same times each and every day. JC won the Littleton trophy about 1000 times during his tenure and made the league an all around enjoyable place.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

Even though I have about six months on the site I'm still not very well versed in all the major users. With that said, my nominations are just from my personal experience and those that I have noticed in the time that I am on the site.

1. @Mike Izzy I see this guy pop up in every thread I check out. There aren't many names that I recognize in the threads but I do recognize Izzy. He has done a great job with PTs. In my time here there has only been 1 or 2 that I didn't feel engaged by and that is really great.

2. @JSS This one is the most personal for me. When I first joined the site I couldn't jump back on for a few days and went undrafted in the SMJHL draft. I was pretty discouraged about being part of the site but JSS reached out to me even though I was replying to scouting emails and offered me a spot on the Detroit Falcons. He made me feel welcome straight away and is a big reason why I kept with the site.

3. @Pingy Pingu Another personal one. Pingy made the Falcons discord a really fun place for me which made me try and hop on more. I haven't really been able to but he inspired me to try and jump on when I could.

4. @JR95 drafted me into the SHL. It sounds dumb but I felt proud to be drafted after how my career on the site began. I have really enjoyed my time on WKP and that is because of JR.

(272)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Being relatively new to the site myself, I'm gonna have to just go with what I've experienced really. There's far too many to choose from so here's a few names that first spring to mind.

@ml002 for drafting me and having faith that I would come through in Anchorage. You know I love ya man (even if you do GM for Toronto).

@Steelhead77 for the same reason as above but Calgary wise, and for guiding me in the right direction for the SHL. I'm so glad you took a shot on me, Dragons for life!

@Acsolap for the same reason as Esa, but SMJHL wise. Our locker room banter and your guidance made the SMJHL awesome. Shame you are from the wrong country though Wink

@Tomasnz for the similar reasons to Acso, but mainly for just being an awesome guy, and one worthy of all praise he receives. Same goes for the Tasman divide though, why do you guys have to like sheep so much?

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

@bilbo: With a huge Reddit class and over 10 new rookies to join the Halifax Raiders ranks, it must have been overwhelming for Bilbo as the last standing active member of the Raiders but they were there to help us grow and learn our first steps in the SHL. Bilbo also started a monthly movie night where we gather and watch a movie or a tv series together to get to learn our teammates better. Oh Captain my Captain!

@Steelhead77: Esa is the legend you look up to when you join the league. Incredible individual achievements but also an insane GM career that will be remembered until the ends of time. All that aside, a great man and I am glad to be able to share a locker room with him in the SMJHL.

@slothfacekilla: Sloth brings a lot of energy to the Raiders considering he's a sloth, always active and talking to everyone. I just hope he'd be able to focus his shot on the ice and hit the back of the net sometimes.

@Pingy Pingu: OOGELY BOOGELY

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 12:42 PM by hotdog.)

Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

I joined in S46, so I've been around for a full season and an offseason. In this post, I'm trying to omit any personal biases and personal interactions and instead come up with a highly objective list, the task being to tell the story of the SHL, not just for myself, since the time of my arrival. I recognize this is a tiny sample and doesn't reflect the entire history of the league, just one season.

ArGarBarGar - the prospect showcase that ArGar ran was the first game exposure for the entire crop of S47 rookies; it's impossible to say but I imagine not having an early-season tourney like this would've resulted in a lower retention rate and this showcase had some impact reeling in users. In addition, Borromini Cannellini was the (likely?) MVP of the SMJHL season. Off ice + on ice impact = a spot on Mount Rushmore.

Mike Izzy - Mike Izzy heads into the S47 season with the most TPE and, by all counts, seems to be a well-respected individual around the forums as well. Don't know much about him beyond that but seems like his face deserves a spot up there!

karey - The Buffalo Stampede won the S46 Challenge Cup, so it's impossible to tell the story of the S46 SHL without a Buffalo representative. Karey's player - Viktor Marius - was the top performer on the top performing team, thus securing a spot on the season's Mount Rushmore.

The Scarecrows GMs - In S46, STL won their third straight Four-Star Cup, a most impressive achievement especially considering simulator whims. For crafting a dynasty that cemented its all-time legacy in S46, the STL GMs earn a bust (the boring kind) in the Mountain as well.

(wc: 283 or so)

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

NSFL PT

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

A. Let us know the 4 members who you believe should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

1. @Leafs4ever Leafs has been the front man on the site and league ever since I joined back in S13. This guy has created COUNTLESS HoF calibre players, while maintaining his reputation as one of the most respected, and loved members of the league. While in my early stages of the league, Leafs was one of the top GMs for the Winnipeg Jets and continuously had his team be a contender no matter what roster changes occured. I know a lot of members back in the day that wanted to play for the Jets just so they could play under Leaf's guidance.

2. @Wadester Wadey was one of my favorite GMs in the league, as he gave me a fresh start to my career in Texas back in S15. He was once the SMJHL Commish and SHL Commish for a short period of time before they introduced a rule that GMs could not hold league positions (is that still true?). Wadey had a hell of a player in Elias Armia who still holds the single season record for points and deserves to be on the Mount SHLmore.

3. @xDParK Park was another influential member of the community when I was coming into the league, he was also the commissioner and did a hell of a job making sure the league maintained sanity. He built and continues to build strong players and focuses now on bettering the league in his current state.

4. @O4L /@.bojo Ofer has a soft spot in my heart. Not only is he one one of the most loved and friendly members on the site, but he is the reason I am in the SHL today. He recruited me back from my own NHL 14 league, and I gave the SHL a try and fell in love with the site. Ofer also was influential in the SMJHL earlier in my career, and was a great mentor to me. Bojo was one of my first draft picks with Byrde as a GM with the :impact: in S19. The guy brought so much to the table and I was honored to be able to GM such a fabulous man like himself. His continuous efforts to better the league makes him a for sure lock on the Mount SHLMore.

(380 words)

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 01:03 PM by Narconis.)

@Mike Izzy Would have to be on this list because he’s everywhere.  You know him, I know him, he’s everywhere.  Mike Izzy is the guy at the office who gets 1000 “Hey Mike!” but likely has to respond with “Hey man!”.

@JayWhy is possibly the heart and soul of this league.  He reaches out to new members, he’s friendly AF and he just sticks out as a good guy.

@Leafs4ever :  I’m sure if you comb through this PT you will see this name over and over.  Like JayWhy, he is one of those names that sticks out as always being around and always makes you glad to be a member of the community.

@.bojo joined the site around the same time I did.  Little did I know when I randomly chose him as my first player’s “Rival” that he would become arguably the most important person in the league’s history.  

Words: 151

Unsure why Bojo and Izzy aren't tagging...

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

@ligma - papa crutch helped me out a lot when I first joined. Him and the pearl dog drafted me to St Louis. showed me the ropes. hes gotta be the first head of my Rushmore. 

@"ThatDamnMcJesus" - brother hallsy traded for me when I was low on tpe. he believed in me you know. hammy as been my team for over 2 years now. love it here. he also gave me my first management job. that was a ton of fun. thanks hallsy you a true one. 

@Pris - pris has done a lot for the shl. when i first joined she basically taught our whole draft class how to shl. if i had any questions i usually went to pris. her work as the rookie mentor head has been great you know.

@ToeDragon84 - brother toe was my first brother on the site. a real brother man. we both got drafted to st louis in s30. toe made the shl a ton of fun. made me stick around you know. prob wouldnt be here without toe and the st louis boys.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

[Image: SHLRUSHMORE.png]

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

oogley boogley yayaya

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

Here is my rushmore, there might be a bias for Hamilton Bois but that's because my Hamilton Brothers are da best

1.@Gooney I don't think there are words that I could use to explain how great gooney is, to be honest, he makes me happy u know, he is just a great pal and even better brother.

2 @Waters You know, people need waters to live and without this guy, no1 would be living so the SHL wouldn't exist without him if think about it.

3.@nour Nour is an angel, and I know people call him a bust at 2nd overall but if I had the 1st overall pick, I would still pick him to this day, a perfect member of the steelhawks

4. @DrunkenTeddy - Probably my best draft pick ever, I felt at the time of the draft, I had to select him and honestly without him, I doubt Hamilton would have any success as of late.

Quote:C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

@JayWhy
Former simmer, experienced GM, and for me personally one of my player mentors. Currently running a great team that seeks to include first gens and rookies straight away. Something like 6 jester noms in the last four seasons. 

@"luketd" // @Tomen
This is a split head. Both of these members contribute hugely to the league in terms of producing bespoke data sets and then crucially updating them, so they can be a continual resource to the league. Luke with the tpe earnings, and Tomen with league and team records and team history's.  

@artermis
Mr IIHF. For me the WJC and IIHF are highlights of the season and not the mere off-season filler. But, Keep both tournaments going not only fills in the off-season but also contributes to much needed cross lockerroom chatter. Helping us all escape our bubbles and comfort zones for at least a short window. 

@.bojo
This one is the slam dunk, the banking improvements I have seen being developed are amazing, which will only cap off a great set of tools he has developed for the site, including the player build tool and the of course the master piece that is the bojobox

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page