Create Account

S47 PT #1 - The Big 4
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 01:46 AM by BDonini.)

@Leafs4ever The first head on my mount Rushmore has to go to one of the most widely respected members on the site. Leafs has had an exceptional run on the site he helped found, he's had many successful players and is one of the only (or the only?) original owner still active to this day. He's always helped the league move forward and in doing so became respected by virtually everybody. Leafs was also the first SHL GM to draft me, taking a chance on me with the 3rd overall pick in S11 and helping me grow on the site at a time when I was young and stupid.

@.bojo Between the Bojo box, his new banking system and all the other work Bojo has done, he has been a huge part of making this site a better place and improving the user experience. This is someone who has gone above and beyond to benefit everyone in the SHL community.

@fever95 Fever is another very well respected member from really early on. He's had some legendary players with possibly the most notable one being John McBride who currently has a trophy named after him and is arguably the best SHL goaltender of all time. Fever also gave me my first GMing opportunity here when he hired me to be his co-GM in Kelowna and I'm very grateful for that.

@JNH One of the more underrated "important members" because he was younger during his peak importance to the site but JNH has done it all on the SHL, from being an SMJHL GM to an SHL GM to being the only rookie mentor for a period of time and then finally holding the positions of SMJHL commissioner and SHL commissioner. JNH has dedicated a lot of time and effort to this place and deserves more appreciation than what he's credited for. He's also one of the members I've been closer with during both my periods on this site and one of the main reasons I stuck around when I came back two months ago. Also he made me a hot ass Marner sig so big love to him for that.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

@Blastmeaway @Toxic @Cash savage @CptSquall @CptSquall (Wichever is gonna give me these phists! )

Bust out your tissues folks, because this is my personal Mount Rushmore. Behold in its, glory? Anyway, It would be all the guys that were from the other, now dead league. Since I need names, I will say Blast, Cash, Physt, and Maddox.

While they might not have been pillars here, they were 4 of the many pillars in the other league. They brought me here, along with others. They introduced me to this great league, where I got to see other Pillars, but I didn’t / don’t care about them. I cared about my friends that brought me here. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be here, underperforming excessively in the pro league! I’d be spamming discord for TPE points and complaining about tom like he was the king of Myspace again or something. So, they are my big 4, but there are plenty of other ones! Red Hawks for life, bird noise here please.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

@Leafs4ever
This is probably the easiest choice. This man GM'd the Jets forever, kept reasonable stability on the site, and has generally been one of the reasons why SHL is still here today. Never a part of any controversy, and never really disliked by anyone. This is a pure example of a class act.

@DrunkenTeddy
Slowly bringing us out of the stone age of the 90's into more and more modern technology and stability. Moving the site to our new up to date version with more security fixes and protection from trolls. Also allowing me to push the site to it's limits by adding onto the site with the banking, the site's current online presence is kept safe because of him.

@Eggy216
"New Leafs" has taken over commish since I had my miracle 1 season run as commish, and has done everything great. People will blame HO until the end of time, but eggy has done a standup job ensuring order is kept and trying to improve day to day life of the SHL. Much more receptive of ideas than you think.

Updaters
So I'm being lame because I couldn't think of a bonafide 4th head, but I wanted to recognize all the bank updaters, player updaters, media, graphics, and other weekly positions in the shl that are being done by such great and trusting people. They truly are the backbone which makes this whole thing work.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 08:52 AM by Ace.)

I’m going to do my SHL Mount Rushmore on teammates that I’ve managed teams with. The first nod goes solely to Diamond_Ace, a long time retired SHL member that showed me the ropes of managing a team at the SHL level when I broke into the league with the Manhattan Rage back in Season Five and Season Six. He named me as his Co-GM and I cut my teeth on management.

The second nod goes to my colleague and friend Green, who assisted me acted as GM of the New England Wolfpack when we took over the reins and rebranded the Hartford Hydra to the New England Wolfpack. I’m honored to have him on my team today.

I also really enjoyed managing the Pack with Fever95 back in the day. His player Carter O’Callahan was a beast on both sides of the ice. I only wish we were able to execute a bit better when we had the team that we did.

Finally, I have to say I really enjoyed my longest GM tandem tenure in the SHL that I’ve had. Karlssens was a pleasure to work with - a calm, calculated GM who was the perfect partner to work with and a friend.
Carve these names into the mountain, they’re the GOATs of GMing with Ace.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 11:07 AM by CptSquall.)

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

1. @Mike Izzy This man is arguably the most recognizable name on this site in all my time on here (S38-S?? or Nov 2017-Now) I have seen his name in everything from media to jobs to all sorts of things. If I am doing one just on JOINING? He is there, even gave me my first high end job as a Fed Head in Austria and tries to teach me all he knows.

2. @.bojo Bojo for me is someone who you hear a lot about, from fantastic players to his time GMing, and hell my favorite thing the all mighty Bojo Box. To hear the longer time members call him a true Builder of the site is fantastic as his dedication just seems right up there.

3. @DrunkenTeddy This is the man who built, hosts, runs, and maintains the most massive improvement to the SHL in my opinion. This new site is miles ahead of what it used to be and to implement it so successfully WHILE a record number of people signed up and needed to be drafted? With minimal snags and hitches as GMs and HO were panicking about the very short term expansion? A well respected member of the site before all this as well cements him as a pick on my Mount SHLmore.

4. @Nobody For anybody to take on so many jobs, so quickly, and have to pull the trigger on one of the BIGGEST decisions ever with regards to the Flash Expansion. Gotta give it to Nobody. He is an SHL GM, IIHF Fed Head, SMJHL HO. This guy has done so much to improve the J and run his slices of the SHL and IIHF rather well. I can see him taking over at some point, far into the future with confidence.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

[Image: mt-rushmore.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

1. @Mike Izzy seems to have been a massive staple since I've been around. Running the PTs, and always one of the first draft picks in any fantasy league I've played in, the dude is definitely making an impact on the league and is one of the more prominent members in my book. I am praying that this blatant suckup will lead to a deal on some izzy dogs next time there's some big drama

2. @tweedledunn @Grapehead - Going to have to combine these two, just because they've been a big part of Brogen's personal journey through the SHL. Between the two of them they've taken a team in a rough place with picks missing for years and developed them into a promising Pride squad with a great community aspect. When I first came around, you wouldn't see much of the Pride's former colours around, but now the purple and gold are in every thread.

3. @"luketd" - Has brought forward some amazing statistical analysis and has been very active my entire time on here. The guy definitely puts a lot of work into the site and it shows with the success of his player, his teams, and how popular his analysis is. It's just too bad the guy is a Flyers fan

4. @Eggy216 - Probably the biggest one on this list. The guy has been running HO for a while now, and while there will always be controversy, I think that he does a good job and keeps things running as smoothly as he can with the issues that would be rolling up to him

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

From when I joined, there were people that were going to be great. There were people that were brand new, but would go on to big deals in the SHL.

So, from the time I joined, there were to be four big stars.

The first would be myself, Jack Durden. He had a drive and things to prove, and would go on to be the biggest star that Texas had ever seen. He would go on to set goals, assists and points records for the team.

Another big star who would be on Mt. Rushmore at the time was Lord Pretty Flacko @Baelor Swift. He was touted as one of the biggest draftees to grace the league, and ended up going on to be amazing. He was the future of Minnesota.

Another star to come out was @Eggy216. He was a generational talent, and proved to be a huge grab for the New England Wolfpack. He amassed an insane amount of TPE and was a solid GM, helping the team win a handful of cups during his time there.

And finally an odd choice, but Austin Lemieux (@Voyagaming) was supposed to be the goalie of the future. He came in and made all the right moves, made impressions and was supposed to be the next big thing. At the time, he belonged on Mt. Rushmore.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

1) @Leafs4ever - One of, if not the only user to be here since the very beginning, leafs has seen it all and continues to contribute to this very day. With several awards named after him, including the seasonal dedication award I can't think of a person more worthy of having their face pasted on the SHL mount rushmore. The real question is which iteration of leafs would go on there.
2) @JayWhy - When I joined the site back in 2015 tez, jp and this man right here really helped me explain what the hell was going on. Of the 3 jaywhy is arguably the most experienced having done every job on the site now and currently managing the manhattan rage. I'll slap his face on my SHL mount rushmore anytime.
3) @sarmo - I can't say I've really had the opportunity to deal with this guy, but his resume speaks for itself. The league MVP award is named after his first player and his current player just won league MVP as well. He's coached Minnesota to several strong finishes now and much like leafs and jaywhy possesses a strong knowledge on the history of the league. book it.
4) @Ace - another long time user who disappeared for a bit before returning strong. Ace possesses a endless wealth of knowledge surrounding all things SHL related and has produced several talented players, including his most current one who sat atop the TPE standings briefly. I couldn't think of a better person to round out my mount rushmore, even though he isn't exactly the most attractive dude.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

04-22-2019, 05:21 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: @Blastmeaway @Toxic @Cash savage @CptSquall @CptSquall (Wichever is gonna give me these phists! )

Bust out your tissues folks, because this is my personal Mount Rushmore. Behold in its, glory? Anyway, It would be all the guys that were from the other, now dead league. Since I need names, I will say Blast, Cash, Physt, and Maddox.

While they might not have been pillars here, they were 4 of the many pillars in the other league. They brought me here, along with others. They introduced me to this great league, where I got to see other Pillars, but I didn’t / don’t care about them. I cared about my friends that brought me here. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be here, underperforming excessively in the pro league! I’d be spamming discord for TPE points and complaining about tom like he was the king of Myspace again or something. So, they are my big 4, but there are plenty of other ones! Red Hawks for life, bird noise here please.

PRESEASON CHAMPS! LONG LIVE THE MONTREAL REDHAWKS!

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 01:21 PM by jjlangabeer.)

The 4 GM's Of John Langabeers Career
Head #1:
@.bojo The first head on the mountain belongs to the great Bojo, getting drafted to WKP, and spending most of my career with him at the Helm and winning a Challenge Cup was one of the biggest highlights of my career. As far as GM's go he was top notch and one I would play for at any point in my career.

Head #2 & 3
@Jenny and @ej27 The second head and third head on my SHL Mount Rushmore. This dynamic duo were my GM's in Kelowna when I first got back into the league and they quickly reminded me how much fun playing in the SMJHL and SHL really was. With them I was able to bring home a Four Start cup, meet team mates that I still talk to this day and was Honored and placed into their Hall of Fame. GM's like these two are the reason I love this site and love the SHL.

Head #4:
@JR95 I didn't have a lot of time with him at the helm, because this was towards the end of my career, but before he was GM we also got to play on the same team in WKP and JR was an awesome teammate and became a great GM as well.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

04-22-2019, 12:53 PMkarlssens Wrote: B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

1) @Leafs4ever - One of, if not the only user to be here since the very beginning, leafs has seen it all and continues to contribute to this very day. With several awards named after him, including the seasonal dedication award I can't think of a person more worthy of having their face pasted on the SHL mount rushmore. The real question is which iteration of leafs would go on there.
2) @JayWhy - When I joined the site back in 2015 tez, jp and this man right here really helped me explain what the hell was going on. Of the 3 jaywhy is arguably the most experienced having done every job on the site now and currently managing the manhattan rage. I'll slap his face on my SHL mount rushmore anytime.
3) @sarmo - I can't say I've really had the opportunity to deal with this guy, but his resume speaks for itself. The league MVP award is named after his first player and his current player just won league MVP as well. He's coached Minnesota to several strong finishes now and much like leafs and jaywhy possesses a strong knowledge on the history of the league. book it.
4) @Ace - another long time user who disappeared for a bit before returning strong. Ace possesses a endless wealth of knowledge surrounding all things SHL related and has produced several talented players, including his most current one who sat atop the TPE standings briefly. I couldn't think of a better person to round out my mount rushmore, even though he isn't exactly the most attractive dude.
At first I was like Blush but then I was Aggrieved

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 01:34 PM by mstuk41.)

A. Let us know the 4 members who you believe should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

Coming in season 20 I have a bit of a different perspective than alot of members. I've seen the league grow tremendously with the infusion of massive reddit drafts, and have seen some legends when I joined, drift off in the the SHL ethos.

@Steelhead77 - For me, I wouldn't know what the hell the SHL is without my friend Esa. I joined the league, while visiting him in the summer of 2014. I'd bet any amount of money, that 5 years later I wouldn't have had a player just inducted into the HOF, and about to hit 1000 TPE on my recreate. It's because of his dedication to this league that kept it interesting to me, plus the fact that he's been a GM for seems like 50 years, and won a bunch of cups, and is the all time leading scorer in league history, those things alone would get him on Mt. Rushmore, however, it's the little things that Esa does behind the seasons that makes guys that play for him, that puts him at the top of my list on the Mt. Rushmore of the SHL.

@Wasty - Longest tenured GM in the SHL. Got the pleasure to play with him in Juniors, then got rescued by him from a not so enjoyable situation, and got my start in the SHL with the LA Panthers. I couldn't be more grateful to Wasty, who really helped me out on my original players build, and trusted a 650 TPE center to play major minutes on his 2nd line. Only wish i could have repaid his faith in me with a Cup. My biggest regret that I have in the SHL.

@.bojo - he honestly should be on everyones list with his .box - amazing SHL member.

@Mike Izzy - Izzy has done more for me unintentionally that he knows. There was a period of time, after like 19 seasons or so, with my original player, that I was as close as there is to calling it quits, hanging up my SHL skates for ever. Since Izzy joined the Dragons, his positive attitude and encouragement in the locker room, renewed my desire in the league, and I am forever grateful that he was acquired when he was and have the pleasure of calling him a teammate and friend.

422 words

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Doing it for a limited circle because of my short time on this site. 

@"luketd" The first one on this very prestigious list obviously is Vancouver Whalers GM Luke. First, because he made a great choice by drafting me of course. And second because he built an environment that is very helpful for new guys like me, having an active locker room and support during the first season. He is a big reason why I decided to stay active on this site.

@Otrebor13 Because he is very vocal in our locker room, but not in the shitposting kind of way but in a very helpful. He responds quickly to questions and is very active helping our new Whalerbabies. And he just called me Sami Saucer so he will always have a spot in my heart.

@Gray Because he was part of the very succesful S46 Draft for the Whalers and actually became Rookie of the Year. And he went ahead of me in the S47 Entry Draft despite being drafted one spot behind me in the S46 SMJHL Draft. He does all the right things and is a great guy to have on the team.

@Segi Because he wanted me on Team Switzerland to become part of a long and tough road that I very much look forward to and hopefully holds a happy end for us.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]