@slothfacekilla @Esso2264 @jjlangabeer

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

04-21-2019, 02:36 PMtweedledunn Wrote: [Image: WTYXzJS.png]
@slothfacekilla @Esso2264 @jjlangabeer

I’m getting this tattooed on my chest

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Code:
A. Let us know the 4 members who you believe should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore! and in [u]150[/u] words or more explain why you chose them.
Coming into this PT, I wasn't sure what to expect. Though the idea is nothing special I'd say, it actually sparked a lot right off the hop. Instead of actually going through the entire SHL's history and listing off a bunch who crazily affected the SHL, I more so thought of guys who automatically jumped out at me for being classy, helpful towards myself and had positive impacts on me as once young member growing up in the SHL. Quickly, off the top of my head:

1. @Schultzy - I always remember him being a very mature member who often had lots of experience in situations and was always willing to lend a helping hand. His leadership in the locker room at the time was amazing and his personality was a strong trait to the team and in my opinion, he largely was a member that made Hamilton a great place to play or want to come play for. When I landed the assistant job, often did I seek to him (I believe) for advice. Overall, looking into the past, he was a 10/10 member at that time, so he earns a spot.

2. @Steelhead77 - Had a good battle going. Pushed one another to grow. Compete. Too bad Jakobsen was cut short. Could have been entertaining Crosby V Ovie style.

3. @Wasty - Guy's been a GM for 30 seasons and I've always respected him around the boards (as well as his legendary graphics work).

4. @Google - because you're always online (I know, I know.. thats the jk)

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

I am going to pick the Mount Rushmore of the S42 Draft Class. This is, of course, not including myself.

Head 1: Charlie Schieck pride
Although he is only entering his third SHL season, Schieck had a fantastic SMJHL career followed by two solid seasons with San Francisco. He's scoring at a high clip among S42 draftees and as a defenseman, that is pretty impressive.

Head 2: Noah Konn Renegades
He dropped to 10th for reasons unknown, and one of GM dankoa's greatest moves was trading up to get that pick. Entering his 5th SHL season, Konn has improved his point totals every year and is poised for another breakout season in Texas' top six.

Head 3: Pingy Pingu Wolfpack
You don't think of the S42 SHL Draft class without thinking about Pingy Pingu. Although he never graced the SHL, he was an iconic pick and a voice of a generation.

Head 4: Rafe Ulrich Wolfpack
The rookie of the year of the draft class, Ulrich is a good last head of an otherwise underwhelming draft class.

There's not enough heads for this PT just sayin. 

@"luketd" is for me on the first head, he's a friend and a rival. Besides the insane amount of statistical data he puts out he's a nice person to talk to and are never late to rub it in my eyes when he reaches a TPE milestone before me.

@notorioustig on the second head, another fellow s43 boy but also a Falcon. Besides being a really down to earth and humble person he's also putting in tonnes of work as the current GM of the Falcons. I've been in the Detroit management with tig for a while and it's been nothing but a pleasure.

@karey for the third head, always been a precence in the falcons and buffalo locker rooms. A very good hearted person who believes in the best in all. He's an inspiration for me to be a better person every day and I'm lucky to have found you on this site. 

@Tomen/@WannabeFinn I can't decide on one since these goes together as peanut butter and cheese jelly. I'm super happy to be drafted by the both of you. Always being very honest about how things work around the site and how to set my expectations. Both of you are really awesome persons and are doing great work to make Buffalo the only team I want to play for. SHL would not be the same without you guys!

RETIRED

Quote:C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

@"luketd" - Luke was the first person to reply in my thread when I signed up, and as a GM he helped me a lot after I got drafted to Vancouver. His online time is unparalleled and he’s easily one of the most active people on the website. I think he does a great job helping first gens figure out how the league works, and he does a lot of research with things like tpe rankings, which I can relate to.

@Steelhead77 - one of the first things I read in our rookie discord is that Esa is a legend around here, he’s in our draft class and we should put him first in our mock drafts. I think he had like a 29 season career? That’s very impressive. Not surprising that he's the all-time point leader.

@.bojo – bojo has built a lot of cool stuff for the league, things like the bojo box, a new banking system, and more. These improve the user experience significantly.

@DrunkenTeddy – Teddy keeps the website running, and he’s one of the current TPE leaders so he managed to build a very successful player. Bonus points for being a Whalers alumni.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 04:56 PM by Chris-McZehrl.)

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

At first I must bring up Oceanic Airlines (now RomanesEuntDomus) for the Mount Rushmore picture because he brought me to this site. So without him I never ever would be a part of this community and also made this two good players with Chris and VLAD McZ. He was also Commish in several german EHM leagues and always did help me. The second member who should be on the Mount Rushmore picture is for me Gifter of Bikes. He supported me from day one on and also made me later to the Co-GM of the Seattle Riot. There we won the first ever Cup for this franchise together and it was my best time as Manager in the SHL so far. Our chemistry was amazing and we had always the same direction. The Third member is Munk. That is a easy case for me. I had created with Chris McZehrl a Two-Way Forward (Center) and Jeff Dar was the player what I want to have. Later my player won the Jeff Dar Trophy two times and only Jeff Dar himself won it more then my player and many other players. The Fourth and last member who should be on the Mount Rushmore is Fever. He was THE GOALIE as I was arrived in the SHL and he was also the Goalie who won the cups for Winnipeg. So it was so interesting to know about more of him.

So this is my TOP 4 Mount Rushmore picture of player base and personal life based moments. But to be honest … I would need more than 4 to mention here all wonderful members.

272 words

@Munk
@fever95
@RomanesEuntDomus
@Gifter of Bikes

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 07:42 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

B. Let us know the 4 members who should be on the SHL's Mount Rushmore from the time that you joined the site! and in 150 words or more explain why you chose them.

i do know allot of the great history of this league so i probably could take a snab at the all time top 4..but im going to go with what i have seen and talk about the 4 mount rushmore members from S35 on..

1. Steelhead77 - Coach steelheads influence on the site branches into all areas.. from his player Esa Anrikkanen whos the all time points leader and maybe the most notible figure in league history to coach Steelhead the GM who's numbers rank as one of if not the greatest coach of all time.. when you add in his prestine image on the site you have a member worthy of this great honor.

2. Bojo - With the french bojo its the quantity of his additions which sets him apart from the rest. The Bojo box IMO is the single greatest add to the SHL in 47 seasons.. then theres the banking stuff hes putting togther now, the add ons hes sent over to the PT department and other areas of the site which need help. This area alone has been game changing to the league. On the ice hes the face of WKP and has been for a very long time with a great record as a GM and one of the real good guys of the site. I think hes a must add for this as well.

3. Argarbargar - on accasion we but heads but i really do have allot of respect for the guy and what he does for the league. He goes out of his way to add peripherals that make the place better and has been consistantly doing that for a very long time, way longer then many of his peers who eventualy fade out as they add up the seasons on the site. I think hes been very influential to the success of the site and his player Alonzo Garbanzo (speaks for itself)

4. Eggy - The higher you move up on this site in terms of stature the more you stones you get thrown at ya.. its just the way it is here.. yet for the past 2 years Eggy has held the commishioners role with limited backlash. On eggys watch we have witnessed a site that has almost doubled in active members.. theres no denying his legacy as a positive one and when you add what hes done with Clayton and his legacy in New England he's also a must on this list.

Extra Credit: If any of the heads of these schmucks above fall off the rushmore monument id replace them with DrunkenTeddy whos somewhat quietly been one of the most important members this sites ever seen. from the forfilled expectations of being the chosen one in Hamilton to his work on the website.. Teddy has permanantly made his mark on the league.

@Eggy216
@ArGarBarGar
@.bojo
@Steelhead77
@DrunkenTeddy

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Option C

1. @"luketd" because he's the one that signed me late in Vancouver and gave me the confidence I needed to remain active despite being really new. If it wasn't for him signing me, I probably would've joined and quit.
  2. @DrunkenTeddy because of everything he does to keep the site up and running and allowing everything to flow smoothly day in and day out. Teddy has also been a great mentor to all the rookies coming in and very helpful in all the discords I have seen him in.
  3. @aaronwilson because he's a genius with calculating corsi and scraping all the data. It helps out our team so much in making lines and I'm glad that I get to be in Hamilton with him for years to come.
  4. @SecondSucks22 because he's always been there for me since I joined the site and welcomed me warmly to Vancouver and is extremely active in discord and on the site and is bound to do great things.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

[Image: UsCCp7l.png]

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Choice A

@Leafs4ever
I was around back in the early stages of the league and Leafs was a pillar to the league running smoothly. Not only was he exceptional in ensuring the SHL was always moving forward and innovating to accommodate a changing culture, he was also an exceptional GM and player builder. For the longest time he ran the show in Winnipeg, GMing with no Co-GM. He's created countless players who have gone on to have a tremendous career, and he's extremely easy to speak to. Definitely #1 on my SHL Mt. Rushmore.

@Daco
While many know Daco for his current goalie, Casimir Stevens, this is another user that I go way back with. Not only did he create a defensive wall with Scott Stevens, but he was the GM of the Hamilton Steelhawks at the time that I was drafted. He scouted me and traded up in the S4 SHL Entry Draft to select me. That move ultimately made Hamilton my home for my first SHLers career.

@"luketd"
Coming to a much newer member, my current GM with the Whalers, Luke. Ever since returning to the league, Luke reached out to me, offering advice and helping me get back in to the thick of things. He is always helpful and very understanding, whether it be about a team or personal matter. I can't say enough about him, but he's been an integral part to my enjoyment thus far and he deserves a spot on my SHL Mt. Rushmore.

@Wasty
Last but not least, Wasty. We have always gotten along very well over the years, even kept in touch during the period I was away. He's also the reason I came back (after many failed attempts, he finally managed to break me again Tongue). All that aside, he has had an incredible career in the SHL, holding the record for most wins as a GM, which is not an easy task considering all of the great GMs who have been around. It's also more impressive because he's been around for so long, in a league that sees a lot of turnover.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 04:54 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

My Big 4 for the SHLs Mount Rushmore includes people that were very important for my own personal SHL journey, like the guy who brought me here (@Gifter of Bikes) as well as important figures in league history that I never had that much contact with on a personal level. The latter group includes people like @Leafs4ever who I just didn't include on my main list because he was too obvious and easy of a choice, being THE elder statesman of the SHL, as well as @Steelhead77, the guy who almost single-handedly set new standards for what it means to be a great GM who both does whatever he can to help his team succeed, but also never puts personal success ahead of his players or the leagues well-being.

For the last spot on my mountain, there were four candidates: @.bojo who salvaged a franchise that was in terrible shape, inspiring real-life loyalty and also doing a lot for the league in a Head Office position. Somewhat the same (although his team wasn't in shambles) can be said about @Eggy216, who also played a major part in the biggest shift in this sites culture, when it transitioned from being a league where it was acceptable to be a major asshole without any reason to a league where it wasn't - with Eggy going from being a mocked "ponylover" to someone the league basically begged to take over as Commissioner just a few years later. I also gave some consideration to @ArGarBarGar for building what might be the very best player this league has seen so far while also being a major contributor off the ice as a GM and particularly with his work to preserve SHL history.

But ultimately I decided to give the final spot to @Chris-McZehrl and not just because he nominated me, but also because he has had one of the most impressive journeys this league has ever seen. From the moment he got here he was mocked relentlessly for his language skills and general demeanor (some of it deserved, some of it not) and while the abuse cooled down eventually, some of it remains present until this day, countless real-life years later. And yet, Chris stuck with it and created what i would argue is the greatest player-building record in the SHL. Each and every one of his players has been a superstar, with two already in the HOF and a third likely to follow. He simply never built a bad player and both of his finished guys were the best player in the SHL for quite a while - it doesn't get any better than that for a member's player building record.

One of the Mount Rushmore Heads should be Mikhail Lokitonov, or ML002. He drafted me when I first joined, and played many seasons under him with the Anchorage Armada. Unfortunately we weren't able to win any championships, but I had a ton of time in the minors. He ended up being the co-GM of the Toronto North Stars, the SHL team I was drafted to, so it was a nice transition. Rex Kirkby, or Acsolap (sp?), should also be on the Mount Rushmore Heads. He was drafted after me, but I could tell right away that he was destined to be a GM. My suspicions were confirmed when he took the job from Mikhail when he switched to Toronto full time. Bob Bergen should also be in Mount Rushmore, who is the other go-GM of Toronto. Lastly, Zander Rhys should be the last head in Mount Rushmore because of his long career in the SHL.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

C.  If you are relatively new, in 150 words or more let us know what players from your team, from discord or whom you have noticed around the site who you think may have the attributes to one day be apart of the SHL's Mt. Rushmore conversation.

Obviously i only have one season under my belt and although I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the site I'm not crazy active on discord. I know a few names around the league but not enough to give an honest Mt Rushmore assessment of everyone. On my junior team however two names come to mind from my draft class. Tony Ford @Fordyford and Eko van Otter @"bwrabbitt" are both entering their sophomore years with the Armada and both have capped out players before their second season has even begun. Both users are new to the site (non-recreates) and obviously very active. Genuinely passionate and horned up to earn tpe these guys set the bar high for my draft class and i would not be surprised to see both Tony Ford and Eko van Otter among the elites in the SHL in a few seasons.

[Image: N6rDTb0.png]
                                                   [Image: NVUyuKG.png]

SPENCER MACLEAN///C///ANCHORAGE ARMADA///350TPE
                                                                   Player Update Page      Player Page

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopi...t&p=187521

nsfl affiliation, unable to use hyperlink at this moment, apologies