Create Account

S47 SMJHL PT 1: Get to Know Your Teammates

Being a rookie can be tough--learning to fit in on a new team, finding your way around a new city, adjusting to the standards and expectations of a new league. Having the support and encouragement of your new teammates can make all the difference.

Time for some team bonding!

Task

Written option: Reach out to a veteran in your LR (either a senddown or an alum) and get to know them a little better. To get full credit, you must ask at least 3 questions (of them, or of their player). There is no word count for this task, but questions should require more than just a yes/no answer.

Graphic option: Create a magazine cover teasing an interview with you and a veteran player on your team. Must include 2 player renders and your team's logo.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)

Only S47 SMJHL Rookies (S48 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday April 28 @10am CST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

So I talked to jblock3 (josh driver) and my 3 questions where:
1. What do you do for a living?
“I work at a grocery store in the dairy section”
2. Do you like yogurt
“It’s okay, every now and then I’ll eat a go-gurt”
3. What sports teams do you follow?
“packers, tigers, and redwings. I don’t really follow basketball”

[Image: TB.jpg]
[Image: Skree.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 01:33 AM by PenKnight.)

Global Claim Thread?
Gonna need some directions to find that... thanks!
If you do both you get +8 TPE?

PH

04-21-2019, 01:31 AMPenKnight Wrote: Global Claim Thread?

The Global Claim thread will go up once this PT is graded. You'll see it bookmarked under SMJHL Player Progression. You link that to your update page. You can also do one or the other in terms of tasks. You can get a max of 4 TPE for this Point Task.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 04:01 AM by PenKnight.)

04-21-2019, 02:01 AMInciteHysteria PH Wrote:
04-21-2019, 01:31 AMPenKnight Wrote: Global Claim Thread?

The Global Claim thread will go up once this PT is graded. You'll see it bookmarked under SMJHL Player Progression. You link that to your update page. You can also do one or the other in terms of tasks. You can get a max of 4 TPE for this Point Task.

Thanks... so if you do a magazine cover you don't have to worry about an interview.
Just make the cover with two player names from your team and team logo?
Kinda unsure if this is where I am supposed to post up?
I decided to try a magazine cover and put the logo in with two player names.
If this is the wrong place or not up to standards let me know and I will try again.

[Image: 2MgyXSE.jpg]

I interviewed Teddy Cuddles - Scarecrows Alumni

Q1. What do you do to stay busy during the offseason?
A1. During the offseason, I travel back to Providence to see my family. It’s a long season where I don’t get to see them much so it’s nice to be able to stay there for awhile.

Q2. What is your favorite food to eat on gameday?
A2. Chicken Parm and pasta. Classic meal, tastes good and is good for you with the right chicken.

Q3. What is your fondest memory of being a Scarecrow?
A3. When I first got signed on in S35, the experience of meeting everyone, learning new things, and seeing my player play for the first time was really exciting.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

I interviewed Jax Duggan:

1 - What was it like moving to Vancouver? Did you miss home at all?

A little, my home town is kinda the perfect mix of too small to have anything nice, and too big to be a small down, so Vancouver is a nice change of pace.

2 - What did your diet consist of during game days? Did you have any cheat days?

Oh mainly proteins, steak, chicken, its hard to have a cheat day when thats all you want to eat, but last season some of my classmates and I would go out after games so I guess that counts?

3 - What would you say was your happiest memory with the team?

Last season kinda sucked for us, we were a team of mainly rookies so it was way more losing than any of us would've liked, I could say my favourite memory was my frist goal, but it was probably when my old friend Miller joined the team, I know him from my time in the OHL so it was nice to see him again.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I asked teammate  Eko Van Otter @"bwrabbitt"

Q1: pineapple on pizza? Yes or no?
A1. big time yes - i'm a big fan of any sweet & salty combo. sprinkle some salt on my cookies. toss some pineapple on my pizza. i'm here for it.

Q2: what do you do for a living?
A2: i'm a graduate student getting a PhD and I currently work from home which means instead of writing my dissertation like i really have to be doing i just sit around on the SHL forums all day refreshing until i see new posts

Q3: Those long road trips to and from anchorage must be tough, do you listen to any podcasts on those long roadies?
A3: oh buddy,,,,, i'm a podcast guy. pardon my take, mickstape, the starters, chiclets, your kickstarter sucks, oh and i feel like there's one more important one, hmm, i always forget the name of it. it's like Jizz Village or uh Sperm City or Cum Town or something like that. One of the hosts is a bug. there's also this guy stavros halkias on there, have you ever heard of him? i think he's trying to branch out into hockey or something like that. he's really athletic with a sleek frame so i'm sure he'll be a beast on the ice.

[Image: TvxFH9O.jpg]

Satoshi Zizagooney: What's your expectation for this season?

Raino Kyllönen: I expect to win, that’s the minimum expectation for this team and nobody wants anything less than that. We got close in S45, then lost a lot of good players to call-ups, but now we’ve got the players to contend yet again. I expect to contend and I expect to win. Personally, I’m hoping to continue my development as a player, and really be a role model for these younger players.

Satoshi Zizagooney: How do you feel about the new falcons?

Raino Kyllönen: I think we’ve got a good young crop of rookies this year, and they’re all pretty impressive. With so few picks I assume management has had to be really diligent in identifying excellent talents, and from training camp and pre-season they’ve 100% made great choices. I’m excited to see how they progress through the season, and hopefully they’ve got that winning attitude that’s gonna propel our team way up in the standings this year.

Satoshi Zizagooney: Who is the leader for the falcons?

Raino Kyllönen: Well, as captain I think that responsibility definitely falls on me. We’ve got a really good locker room here, guys get on spectacularly but at the end of the day I’m wearing a ‘C’ on my jersey and that means that I need to have a deep connection with each and every rookie on this team to help integrate them. That’s something I obviously take great pride in and is something I’ll continue to do whilst I’m wearing the ‘C’ and even beyond that.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

What made Perry Morgan want to be a defender in the SHL?

1) he'd already made it to top division hockey in the UK, and decided he wanted more of a challenge. This of course meant only one option, declare for the highest tier of hockey in the world, the SHL

What is Perry Morgan’s Fondest memory of his time in Halifax?

2) Definitely time spent with he co-captains from S45, Jimmy Slothface and Dominic Montgomery in their shared apartment. The time spawned many many memories and stories

If you were to go on a trip to anywhere with one member of the Halifax Raiders who would you take and where would you go?

3) itd be Jimmy on a road trip around the UK, show him some of the stuff he didn't get to grow up seeing in Finland

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Thanks jayhawk for helping me out on this one.

1) what’s the go to cheat meal?
—chicken Parm. It has become the Halifax cheat meal. Everyone talks about it and let's be real, who doesn't love chicken Parm.

2) one word to describe Halifax as a team. What is it and why?
—Fun. We boast the most active LR but the reality it's just fun. We talk about anything and anyone. Everyone is active and talkative, no one is left out. We have team movie nights, music nights, game nights. No other team in the league is As active and fun. And I've been in a a few.

3) what’s the best part of being in management?
—there are a few things about being in management that are amazing. Watching new members learn the ropes and develop players that are real solid and elite players. Watch them grow as members. It's a ton of fun. Salon, the ability to take a team and build it from nothing to something is always fun. Scout players, draft players, build a contender. Anyone who loves being in management loves building a contender

[Image: nasty.png]

Interview with Captain of the Scarecrows, Michael Fox

1.  What has been your favorite experience playing for the scarecrows so far?

My first day in the locker room after getting drafted. The team I thought was taking me ended up passing on me, and St Louis took me with the very next pick. I was excited, and the locker room was extremely welcoming when I finally got in there. Slip McScruff was the one teammate who helped my transition into the league more than anyone else, he’s a large part of why I’m still here. 

2.  What does it mean to you to where the C for the scarecrows?

Above everything else, it’s an honor to be named the captain of the Scarecrows. I wasn’t expecting to get that nod, and I especially wasn’t expecting it in my second season. I’m just doing what I would be doing without being captain, and that’s doing for our rookies what Scruff did for me: help them transition from amateur to professional hockey and make sure they enjoy every moment of it. 

3.  What are you most looking forward to in your SHL career?

I think the moment I’m most looking forward to is my first game. Jimmy Slothface and I have spent this past offseason training together and trying to build some chemistry. Obviously we aren’t on the same J team, so him and I have been trying to build as much of it as we can. But from what we both have been able to gather, we’ll be sharing a line once we get called up, so I’m pretty excited to finally experience that with as good of a friend as Jimmy.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Interview with Colorado Raptors RW Nick Brain Interview

Q1. As someone who has been in the SMJHL for a couple seasons now and one of the leaders of the Colorado Raptors, what sort of tips do you have for a young and inexperienced winger looking to make an impact?

A: Follow the advice of your coaching staff, if they're good at their job, (and they generally are, if they made it all the way here), they can bring the best out of you. Make every practice count, and the results will come soon enough.

Q2. As someone who was born in Europe, like myself, what are some challenges that you faced in a new environment like Colorado?

A: I actually didn't come from Europe directly to Colorado, my parents moved and I played youth hockey in Canada from peewee to bantam until being drafted by the Raptors. Going from Alberta to Colorado was a big change though, first time away from my parents, unfamiliar environment, hostile crowds, and the altitude really messes with you for a while until you adjust to it. But I've grown to love the place, and I'll miss it when I'm gone.

Q3. What are your thoughts and expectations for the Colorado Raptors for the upcoming season?

A: We absolutely HAVE to get out of last place this year. Last year we lost a lot of friends, had some tough times with rookies struggling to fill the gaps, and I didn't help things with a down year, I really should've played better. But I know we can turn things around, and our goal is to get out of last place and at least win a playoff round this season. I think we have the talent this year to do it, players like Toko and SixNine made huge strides to get better for this season, and I expect us to achieve our goal and have as good a chance as anybody of hoisting that Challenge Cup this season.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Was able to sit down with St. Louis Scarecrows forward, Nicolaj Muller (I'm still not sure if I pronounced Nicolaj correctly) to ask him a few questions:

Q: What has been your most memorable moment in the SMJHL?

A: My most memorable moment has to be when I scored my first two goals against the Anchorage Armada in my 4th ever SMJHL game. I had just decided to join the league as a free agent a few days earlier and to contribute to the team win on the fourth line was really great. Outside of the season, it has to be getting drafted to the Buffalo Stampede 22nd overall. Because I joined so late, I wasn’t expecting to go so high. It was a really nice surprise.

Q: What are your personal and team goals for this upcoming season?

A: Despite being on the third line, I’m hoping to be a big contributor for this upcoming season. However the main goal for this season is the Four Star Cup. Last season we won it for the third time in a row. To be the first SMJHL team and probably first non-IIHF team to get 4 Four Star Cups in a row would be amazing.

Q. What is your favourite TV show, movie and band?

A: Recently I have really been getting into Brooklyn 99, it is a really great comedy sitcom revolving around a police precinct in Brooklyn. I would really recommend it. My favorite movie is probably Baby Driver. I’ve always been a big Edgar Wright fan and oh my shit is this a good movie. The attention to detail is amazing. The hardest part of this question is band. I have a constantly changing taste in music. The first band, however, that comes to mind is Brockhampton.