Create Account

S47 SMJHL PT 1: Get to Know Your Teammates

I interviewed Walter Hobbs ( Jearim)

What is the one thing all rookies should know?
  • There are 2 things that all rookies should know, both equally as important. The first is ask questions, no question is a bad question and the best way to learn is to ask. The second, get as many TPE as possible. Do the Pt’s, Activity checks, spend money wisely on Training, and ask how to use them in your build to make you the best player you can be. 
Greatest memory in the SMJHL?
  • Game 7 loss to Kelowna. By far the best memory. I went on a tear that playoff we isn’t come In as favourites but we pushed the favourites out and went to a game 7 before losing. That is both the best memory and most painful one too.
Which user / Player has been your Greatest influence?
  • There have been a few. My smjhl gas that drafted me, Droder and Keygan, there was Dankoa, Texas Gm who drafted me and Vliddy, BarnabasCollins, He basically taught me everything I need to know in about 10 minutes and I just got it. I knew and understood pretty much everything after that conversation. 

[Image: wr69jpx.jpg]
raiders Renegades

As I signed my rookie contract I had the honour of sitting down and talking with Armada Alumni, Edmund Selich. I asked a few questions:

Q: What are your pre game rituals?

A: 15 pushups right when I get out of bad. Eat 2 chicken breasts + white rice with some broccoli , do some light cardi oafterwards( about 20 minutes) and then proceed to some hype playlist to get me fully hyped up for the game.

Q: Your favourite moment for the Armada?

A; Hmmmm, Way back in S30 when we went on a cinderella run as the 2nd worst team in the league sweeping the presidents trophy winners, Kelowna Knights, in the process and being up 3-0 in the finals series against Halifax Raiders who were the worst team in the regular season before.

Q: Why did you choose Anchorage? Surely it must be a long way to go just to play hockey?

A: It wasn't as much that I chose Anchorage but they chose me with their first draft pick in the S30 SMJHL Draft and I just loved it here the locker room athmosphere was great and made me love the team. So nowadays I am involved and helping the rookies settle in when they come in and provide them with answers to any questions they have.

I got to sit down and speak briefly with Kelowna Knight Alumni Glowy, whom again I want to show my appreciation towards them for answering my questions and helping me learn more about the Locker-room.

Interview First I’d like to ask if you could tell me about your Alumni player, what position they played, how they got into the league (draft or free agency) and how their rookie season went?

"Norwegian Defenseman Christian Petersen, signed as an FA during the last season where Jenny was GM. Started as a goalscoring offensive defensman but transitioned into a two-way defenseman alongside his partner Sigurd Hansen who set up the goals for Petersen to score. Rookie season was unremarkable, and so were most of the rest. He never made it in the SHL despite being an early draft pick and was utterly a bust."

Interview Secondly, how long did your player play in the league overall and if you won any team trophies or player awards? What was some of your most fondest memories in the league?

"I don't remember how long I was actually active with him, maybe two and a half seasons or so. His rookie season was more of a half season, so I guess that counts. Appointed captain in the second season but never managed to win anything under samee as GM. Most of my fond memories are of the LR, but I can't think of anything super specific, sorry."

Interview Lastly, if you could just tell me what you would say to aspiring players that are coming into the league for the first time, any advice for them?

"Just have fun. Make friends. Engage with your LR, see who you get on well with, and stick with them. Don't worry if you're not an amazing player in your rookie season, you'll get there eventually."

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Interviewed ml002 (PGF/ANC Alumni) Armada Firebirds

1. How many seasons have you been apart of the SHL?
I joined in S38 so I've been here 9 seasons now, which is about a year and a half irl.

2. First Celeb Crush?
My first celebrity crush was probably Hillary Duff cause I grew up on Disney Channel shows.

3. Guilty Pleasure?
My guilty pleasure is Taylor Swift music. If I got nothing new to listen to I default to T-Swift

Having just signed with the same team, Timmo Kyllonen decided to ask Jimmy Slothface a series of questions.

1. First thing you would do after winning the cup?

I would definitely want to go out and celebrate with the team. I imagine Troy would want to really party. 

2. Favorite pre game feast?

I used to eat a lot of straight chicken, but now with Esa on the team it is strictly chicken parms.

3. Number one tip to a new rookie?

Don't worry about getting every single tpe if it will burn you out. You're here for fun so definitely focus on what you enjoy most.

[Image: Lemonade.gif]
raiders [Image: pqKRPO4.png] [Image: DrC3FxE.png] raiders

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Shout out to @Julio Tokolosh for the interview!

:Raptors:

Interview What is your favorite memory in the SMJHL so far?
Julio Tokolosh, Colorado Raptors: I really enjoyed the draft. The excitement of it all is pretty cool, and like the narcicist I am, i really liked hearing the GM say (butcher) my name. My rookie year, I played some pretty tough minutes, and an even tougher plus / minus. I was the last on the team to get a point, and the last of the rookies with over 155 TPE to get a point. it took 24 games to assist Jake Peralta on his 3rd goal of the season. It was great to get the monkey off my back, and celebrating afterwards was a ton of fun.

Interview Do you have any game day rituals?
JT: Not really. I like to eat well. Ovechkin eats Mama Lucia's before every game, and the knock off Italian food has fueled a hall of fame career. He drinks Dr. Pepper on the bench and skates 20+ elite minutes every night. I'm still ironing out my pregame meals as I'm hitting my professional stride. Real life parellel: I eat my salad during my work lunch and mash the refresh button on the sim index.

Interview Who is your favorite SHL team and why?
JT: I like the Edmonton Blizzard. I like that they drafted me, and I think that they have a great model going. They won 2 years ago and are still competitive. Its an honor to be included in the early makings of a dynasty.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Oliver Cleary has interviewed Tig Murphy of the Hamilton Steelhawks.

What does being a Falcon mean to you?

Being a Falcon is about being part of a family and knowing you get to write a chapter of your own in a long history, but share in all of it with alumni and eventually as an alumni yourself.

What should a rookie do to prepare for a long SMJHL season?

Trying to develop a routine can help manage your workload, and knowing that you've gotten your tasks accounted for lets you enjoy the fun side of the league and team interactions.

What kind of goals did you set for yourself as an SMJHL rookie?

I was fortunate in that I stepped into a situation where I got top pairing minutes right away due to a lack of depth at the time. I set a goal of challenging for rookie of the year and wasn't successful, but I did have a fairly good year overall so can't complain too much.

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 10:21 PM by InciteHysteria.)

I interviewed former forward and current Kelowna Knights GM, Alex Light @Zoone16

I asked him the three most important questions to learn all you need to know about another human being.

1. How much sawdust can you put into a Rice Krispie Treat before people start to notice?
2. What Pizza Topping are you and why?
3. Would you cannibalize someone to survive on a stranded island knowing that there's a 25% chance of rescue/survival if you eat the corpse but a guaranteed death if you don't eat it?

Each of these questions was engineered to find out if you want to be friends with that person. Zoone answered in the following manner.

1. They still haven't noticed and it's been 15 or 16 years already? [he's staying true to the recipe, good for him]
2. Pineapple. hated by some. loved by others. Deal with it. [much like my time on the SHL, good good good]
3. They wouldn't know there was another person on the island by the time they rescued me [realizes that you can't waste any of that precious food supply, another good answer]

From this quiz, I've realize that not only is Zoone a psychopath but that it's probably why we're friends. Salut!

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

My co-GM Gillon - Kristoffer Svensson of the Militia helped me with this one Smile Thank you again.

How long have you been a hockey fan?
1. It's hard to be precise, since I was so young - but I'd say it started around 95 or 96. I was 6/7 at that point and it was the season my hometown team won the Swedish elite league. I've been stuck ever since, and no cups since then either. A struggle, but one I enjoy.

Coffee or tea?
2. Coffee for sure, but I've been looking to get into tea a bit more. But I'm basically running on coffee most workdays.

Do you have kids irl?
3. Nope, none. No real plans for them either, but what happens happens, I guess.

[Image: Tadisko.png]